(2008/09) Sep 2008

i give those cubes type to my elder gal last time

goldfish

my gal just started to grow teeth..but she still prefer very liquid watery type..even cereal i cant give too thick as she will reject..porridge i need to add abit of water to mash oso..thats y till now, she only had puree carrots..sweet potato, apple only..the rest i havent try as these few days been v bz wif the 2 of them v sick..tink i need to start my gal all over again for weaning as these few days she been on total latch-on..

Jaline, thanks. I'm actually more incline to get a small rice cooker rather than the slow cooker cos it's much faster ( save electricity? hehe! )
On your suggestion of putting the porridge in the food jar, I'm wandering if anyone here has any insight on the type of plastice they use for the food jar? I noticed the food jar use plastic ? Is it ok for baby use?

JP,
Slow cooker definately use more electricity cos u need to keep warm all the time till serve. As for food jar, I brought the Tiger food jar which is a stainless steel jar, not plastic type. That's y can keep the porridge warm for abt 8 hrs. Good esp when u need to bring yr baby out during meals, can always cook in advance n keep warm then serve outside as and when. Dun need to worry abt gg back n feed baby etc.

Jasmine,
For dried scallops which u add into porridge for taste, do u give bb to eat as well ? Cos i blend everything in the porridge and give to bb.

Hi Jaline
For the Tiger food jar, so it is like majiam if i cook porridge for bb in the afternoon, i can keep the rest in the food jar and feed him at nite and it is still warm liddat lah?

For food jar, wat size is recommended huh if i wanna to start to buy one huh?

Actually i oso dunno whether issit 'safe' to let the porridge 'nua-ard' in the kitchen for the next few hrs to feeding time at nite? Or best to put in fridge and heat up again when dinner time is nearing huh?

Jasmine,
Thanks for ur recommended list of food! Think will try for mango manz!!! Sounds tasty too!! Slurp!

Hi Mummies
As long as the porridge was kept warm till next feeding time, it's ok to feed BB.
Cold porridge will cos BB "wind" in stomach.

Skinny _Pig
I brought Kraft cheese stick for my boy as he prefer stick to Kraft Single.

JP
I using "ENDO" Brand food jar, internal is stainless steel. Can hold warm for abt 5-7 hour.

how come no mummies post pictures of their bb 1st year celebration yet ar? some bb should be 1 year by now le ma.
happy.gif

oops I daydreaming again .. realise we are the sept mummies ... heee...

Looking for recommendation on 1st year cakes , till my mind cannot think properly

Hi Mamyvelle,

I am also planning my one year old birthday party ! Already finalizing the details... kiasu mummy hor...no choice leh, getting busy at work soon as the project is starting...so start to research and confirm the booking now loh. Anyway we are not too far away esp my baby is a aug baby ( his edd is in sept but born in aug)

Mummies,
Any suggestion (reasonable budget) on where to hold 1yr old BD party for bb ? I don't think i wanna hold it at home cos my house too small liao. Actually i'm thinking of having it at chalet. Any ideas to share ?

Jaline (jaline) - my mum say when my son say booooooo blowing his saliva
out she say sure will rain 1. and tend to be true most of the time

jasmine- chicken i tot can cause phlegm . my mum told me that and yet to try. She tried long bean and Baby K seem to like it. But tofu he doesnt like the taste same as for peas

now my son like gerger star a lot. when he is in the walker, once he see the bottle he will come chasing after it

i am also start to think where to held 1st year old celebration.. Mayb at my house order buffet ba.

hi mummies,

sorry to interrupt, did u have any spare BN Medela PIS Advanced TUBING to sell?
need it urgent...if yes, pls PM me...thanks.

Wow, the website is down for 2 days?

Hi Mummies~
How is everyone?

Please kindly let me know if anyone's not gotten their CDS yet, i got calls and smses from at least 4 mums saying that their CDs have not reached them, and have re-sent them, pardon me, i have been extremely busy now that my house is under proper reno and am still rushing to and fro from my day job, thanks and cheers, Kym!

And if i did not reply your sms in time, thats because i have 2 phones, one personal and one work, may not have gotten to them in time, sorry bout that!

Oh yes~

And to showcase some of my work, these are some website edits, please tell me what you think please! Thanks~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kymberley_teo

Hi Millies,

I am holding at my cousin condo's function room. You can consider function room at a condo facility. Cheap and spacious with full aircondition
happy.gif
or you can consider grassroot club at AMK which have a child play room for children party !

Mille:
I never blend the porridge.
My mum cooked the porridge till very 'nan'. so no point blend the porridge, so i just leave out the scallop.

Koras:
Hmm... I not sure about the phlegm. But so far she ok, anyway, she not eating chicken everyday.
Most of the time, she is eating fish.

Me thinking to ask my mum to buy frog leg n cooked for her to eat.

1st Yr celebration:
My Mil want to celebrate for her, so now thinking to get chalet at down town east. was thinking of Aloha loyang, but it was being used by the gov and not sure it will be release.

I saw mummies have been cooking fish porridge for their babies. So far, I've only tried threadfin fish and baby does not like it. I will put the fish together with the porridge and cook till everything is soft and puree like. My MIL insisted that I should not do it that way, I should not mesh the fish up and let baby eat the fish. I should just give her the porridge, without the fish. I am keen to try other fish, as I feel that it's because baby does not like threadfin. Shouldn't I give baby the fish together with the porridge?

Hi Goldfish,

Yup, u r right, the food jar can keep the porridge warm for abt 8hrs, so far i used for my #1 n now #2, quite good, still warm. For me when i cooked the porridge ard noon time n keep it warm till dinner time ard 6 plus still warm n nice lor.
There are many brands of food jar ard, for the Tiger food jar, it's meant to keep porridge and soup, size is abt 900ml which i think it only have one size. Recently my sil brought the Tiger food jar during Isetan sale for $59, a bundle pack consist of 900 ml Tiger food jar that comes with a metal spoon, a thermal bag to keep the jar and Endo thermal mug, quite a good deal.

Koras,
Wow, so old wife tales are quite accurate at times...

I still remember when i was organising my elder girl 1st bday party, really headache, need to decide on venue, look for nice cake, party deco, goodies bags and catering. Really need to start browsing ard and think of a b-day themes or else very difficult to arrange esp b-day cake, popular brands like PG always have to book early or else very problematic.

wingkei,

U should give yr baby fish together with porridge, cos fish have alot of nutrients like DHA, good for their brain n eyes development. U can oso try giving cod fish as well. Maybe it's the way u cook the porridge or maybe the threadfin fish has fishy smell which ur baby dun like to eat.

Jaline, yeah, I am going to try codfish this weekend. But I just put the fish in together with the rice grains and cook all together til mushy. How else should I cook it? I also think I should give my baby fish with the porridge, just giving her the porridge without the fish seems rather insufficient.

Wingkei,
For me, i cooked the rice grain first then add in fish and cooked until "lan" but if yr baby got a few teeth then dun need to be so mushy, it's good to train yr baby to munch their food rather than swallow cos next time they will be ready for more "solid" food.

Erm.. u all cook fish wif porridge?
I beri scared cat one leh.. I steam the fish and try to mash it wif fork to see got any fine bones even for cod fish manz
Tat time I spotted a soft-bone in the cod fish loh!!! Gimme a fright lo.. imagine my bb try to swallow it down :S

<font color="aa00aa">Food introduction: Here is a list of what I have fed Kieran to-date, in order of introduction. I try to list down as and when I remember, but have been getting more slack cos we don't really keep to the 3 day rule anymore. These are mixed and matched for variety and I am continuously adding on new foods.

Heinz rice cereal
Green peas
Banana
Spinach
Carrots
Sweet potatoes
Pumpkin
Avacadoes
Apples
Cod
Corn
Chicken
Papaya
Zuchinni
Salmon
Snapper
Grapes
Watermelon
Baby yogurt
Cucumber
Porridge
Mangoes
Eggplant
Healthy Times brown rice cereal
Egg yolk
Gerber stars &amp; Healthy bites (snacks)
Cauliflower
Various other types of fish
Chiku, jackfruit, various other types of fruits
Tofu
Cheese
Butter
Mixed herbs</font>

Big toes.. wow, that's a long list!
happy.gif
R u at Raffles or Tanjong pagar? Shall we fix a date/time for lunch??

Lunch @ Raffles / Tanjong pagar
1. Bigtoes
2. RAchel lim
3. Skinny pig

<font color="aa00aa">Rachel Lim (rac_lim) - I have an excel sheet which i update when i introduce new food (very "on" in the beginning, but haven't really been updating it!)

Oh yah, meant to get back to you on lunch with mommies here. I am at Tanjong Pagar (Anson Road). Let's see if we can get a couple more mommies then confirm date/venue?
Charlene (sunshine_girl)- Kieran is cruising already. Just yesterday, he was cruising &amp; decided to stand on his own with no support in the middle of the play pen, fell fwd and bumped his head on the activity panel!
sad.gif
Actually, if baby hasn't started cruising, there is still plenty of time, so don't fret!</font>

Bigtoes:
That a lot.
From the start, I never stick to the 3 days rules.
think she feed her bread with buter or kaya. I did feed her bao w/o the filling.

my girl started cruising already too. and so tiring to keep watching over her. headache.. cause she always lose her balance. and sometime when there's nothing to hold on , she will get into the kneel down position from her crawling army style.

Anyway any mummies keen to order this
http://www.mybraclip.com/
Like quite amazing leh , and not expensive also , so try for fun , have already ordered. any mummies keen pls add ur name to the list.

collection : by post only.

I will be getting 2 x pack of 3. ($19.90) foc direct shipping included
So each will cost $3.32.

1 clear : mamyvelle
1 clear :
1 White :
1 White :
1 black : mamyvelle
1 black :

Cruising
<font color="808080">Cayden ain't cruising yet, he just stand there and "dance", he "poledanced" a lot too =D</font>

<font color="808080">In the laundry basket &amp; Practising Yoga! =D</font>
2479629.jpg
2479630.jpg

Jaline, Mrs Seng, thanks for the advise on the food jar and cooker. Sounds like the stainless steel is better. Will source around.

Any mummies here put there baby in the playyard? Thinking of buying one since he can start crawling so tot it's good idea to put him in the secured area so he can crawl around freely. I saw one at First Few Years and like it very much cos it's surrounded by netting so if he falls and hit the yard, it will not hurt him. Anyone has any comments on the Haenim playyar ( the plastic one right? ) Is that good, I'm concern that baby will fall and hit the yard?

Pei, haha! in the laundry basket? that's cute!

Pei - he looks so cute in the laundry basket. LOL.

Charlene - my little one is super slow, he just did his flipping, so yet to reach cruising stage. he crawled backwards last night.

Oh yeah. I just received 2 $3 vouchers from Mamil which can be used to purchase any Mamil Gold Step 2/3 valid til 31st Dec. Any mummies out there whose baby is drinking mamil? Would like to give away cos my Jaden drinks Similac. PLs PM me so I can arrange to send it out to you.

hihi, i'm new to this thread.. BB's EDA was suppsoed to be Sep 08 but came out early in Aug 08. So wondering if I should go to the Aug/Sep thread.. lol..

Hi shopaholicmanic,

My baby EDD is also in Sept 08 but came out mid aug 08. So i am in both Aug/sept thread ... LOL... kiasu mummy right ?

Hi Mummies

Sorry to intrude.

I've 4 tickets to let go for the Little Big Club Concert on June 7, at 5pm. 1st row seats for Category 4! $100 for 4 tickets or $50 for a pair. *Kiddies under 1 year old get in free*

Do PM me if any of you are interested. Thank you!

Jaline, I did it both ways, cook the fish with the porridge right from the start and your method. But my MIL kept on telling me this is not nice to eat.
sad.gif
Yeah, my baby already has 2 teeth, a third one popping out. My MIL insisted that the porridge must be very mushy or else baby will not eat it. At first, I did not cook it that mushy, but after the first time, I had to cook it mushier because my MIL complained that my porridge is not mushy enough. It had to be like baby's cereal!

wingkei,
maybe u can tell yr mil that now baby got teeth liao, no need to cook till so mushy like baby's cereal, need to slowly train them to munch their food.

Alston is also cruising around and grabs hold of anything to help him to stand.

BTW, he's rejecting porridge these days...I'm not sure if the porridge has a fishy smell. I'm currently cooking cod, threadfin (ngor fish) and salmon. I dun use ginger, but juz cook fish and carrots or brocolli together in the porridge and blend everything. How do u mummies get rid of the fishy smell ?

Should i offer him cereal only in the meantime and stop cooking porridge ? Sigh...in a dilemma now.

Goldfish
I used aloe vera gel for Ryan bruise,pimple n rashes.
My cousin in law used vick vapour on the bruises, she said very gd effect.

Millie
I cook the porridge w/ other ingredients like vege, lean meat, chicken meat together but will steam the fish w/ a slice of ginger n some wolfberry on it, Ryan loves it n finish everything. HeHe.
He will reject the porridge totally if i cooked the fish together.
Think is because of the fishy smell, bb r smart.

my girl today suddenly vomitted 3 times , quite alot ... from birth till now 1st time she vomitted . should i bring her to the doctor ? but she's still playing , crawling around , drinkin , eating hapily.

Mamyvelle
Did she fall? If "No" Just gave ur girl more water to drink n monitor her.
Sometime vomitting is due to "wind" in her stomach n when food is consume the "wind" upset her n cos her to throw out the food she just taken.
If the vomitting continue later in the night, better bring her to c PD.

any bb wailing for no reason in the middle of the night and will only sleep after playing for an hour. aiyo my little one is doing a clenched fist anger type tantrum then cry as if someone tourtued him. both hubby and i are traumatised by him

Back