(2008/09) Sep 2008

shazz:
thanks! ur comments are very helpful.. i will bring socks, thanks for reminding! I didn't thought of that!

I'll be trying without epidural. wish me luck!

lanolin (lanolin): I latch my boy for about 15-30mins on each side of the breast. He can suck and latch very well despite me using a nipple shield.
happy.gif
He's so patient, cos I know I dun have much colustrum yet, so I'll still give him 40-50ml of FM after that. Feeding itself usually is about an hour for me, plus changing. My boy poos alot!

Last night was the first time I woke up to feed him. It was alright, woke up 3 times to attend to him.
happy.gif

koras: are you drinking red date tea? was told it'll help with producing breast milk. lotsa fluid helps too

hey shazz,
we cannot use the water straight from the tap for baths during confinement, we must boil them first, then let it cool until the right temp for bath. also why are u not using any bath herbal? those tat comes with lemongrass & ginger...etc.

i had a gf who also used the tap for shower during her confinement, after tat she kept shivering and fell sick after tat. even thou it's warm water from the heater, but there are "air/wind" from the pipe. and with our pores n bones all expanded after delivery, we might get rheumatism..

just my 2cents worth, so it's really up to individuals. u take care ok! =)

Shazz - good to know. U're lucky that he sucks and latches well. That's a big struggle off you! I resisted giving him FM initially but now I supplement 1 night feed with FM coz when I don't rest well, I have not enough BM.

U're a great mom! Keep it up!
happy.gif

shazz- i drink a lot ler.. but still hard to squeeze milk out.. now i cant use the pump cox too painful to let him latch. just to check if we were to use nipple cream, the milk if pump out have to throw away right? but cant drink water will have wind

lanolin,
i also intend to supplement with FM for the nite feeds, coz FM is thicker and it can last longer. hopefully BB can sleep longer and we will too! =)

can i know wat brand of fenugreek u r taking?

<font color="0077aa">Twendy: Your boy is so handsome!!
happy.gif
So you are not latching now? I am thinking of letting CL handle one of the night feeds next wk (when bb is three wks old)with my pump out milk but afriad he will get nipple confusion. What do the rest of the experienced mummies think?

And Zane is into his 2nd week now so how many hours do we need to feed him? I use 3hours as a gauge but sometimes once he can go with feed for 3.5-4hrs. And if one month old, what is the feeding interval?

Koras: Use the Lanolin cream, its really good!! My sore nipples from hourly feeding healed very fast!

Goldfish: I insisted on TBF on the 1st day at hospital &amp; they bring bb on a 4 hourly basis to my room to be fed. My milk supply kicked in on 3rd night when breast were engroged. After returning home the 4th day, Zane wanted to be fed on a hourly basis at night, (Morning he still fed on a 3 hourly basis) only stopping around 3 or 4am then till next morning. Must really latch &amp; latch so that milk supply can kick in! Cos if there is demand, the brain will send signal to the breasts to make more milk for bb. On the 1st night, I was so afraid that my CL will suggest that I top up with FM when bb keep feeding, I even thought that I prob don't have enough...</font>

i actually dunno how many times my boy is feeding in a day, cos confinement lady is taking care of that. but he asks for milk every 2-3 hrs. now he's feeding abt 70ml each time. i like to express out my BM cos i can monitor how much he's feeding. so if i switch to direct latch, then i cannot monitor liao.

koras, if u use medela purelan, then there's no need to throw away the EBM. it is safe enuff for consumption by bb. i guess it should be the same for most nipple creams. u can check the "user guide" of ur nipple cream.

and i dun see what's wrong with feeding FM before ur milk supply kicks in. mummies, dun give urself undue pressure. ur bb needs milk, just give in &amp; sustain him a bit. no need to feel guilty ah. it's not that bad a sin. i feel even worse if i let him crying in hunger. make it up to him once ur milk supply is in! no big deal.

storeberry - hmz.. where got sell ar.. cox was thinking of asking my hubby help me buy.. and if breast too full of milk can pump out butneed to throw the milk away?

storeberry,
there are different classes of thinking on expressing vs latching. i belong to the pro-expressing class :) i mean, since my supply is more than his demand, i would still need to express out after his feed. so it's considered as "double work" for me. may as well i solely express &amp; someone else takes charge of feeding.

there are cases whereby when TBF mummies go back to work, the bb dun take to bottle well. they are so used to mummies' nipples that it takes a while to really switch them to bottle. it's a struggle for mummies returning to work.

nay, u can say all these are just excuses for me to express out my BM :p but really, i wanna try direct latch this time round, just to experience the feeling/bonding (will be my last birth). not forgetting the convenience when we go "gai-gai" next time - no need to bring along chilled EBM &amp; my pump.

<font color="0077aa">Lanolin: I think my Zane feed more than 7-8times a day! Sometimes if possible, I will read a book or talk to him or sing a song. But sometimes lazy I will just look at him or day dream.. Keke.. But will keep an eye on his nose as its very near to my breasts.

Twendy: Its really up to individual, aiyah.. no right no wrong. Keke.. I also intend to let CL feed the expressed milk once a night from next week onwards. As long as bb is happy, then its good alr! I want bb to latch on cos I like to feel the feeling of closeness with my bb.. But it me lah.. :p

Koras: Check out the below webby:
http://www.momsinmind.com.sg/lansinohcream.html

Expressed milk can keep in the freezer for bb's use later. Don't throw away the precious milk! Like what twendy says, the cream is alright to be consume by bb. Cheers!

Shazz: I feed my Zane about 10-15mins each breast &amp; plus burping plus waking him up cos he tend to fall asleep when suckling plus changing diapers can be one hour plus! And congrats, your milk is coming in soon!

Lemon: All the best - natural without epi!!! So exciting!</font>

koras, if ur nipples are bleeding, then u dun be shocked if u found blood traces in your BB's poo poo. coz tat blood could be from your nipples, it's normal. some moms will continue to BF even thou they hv very sore nipples, but if the blood is really alot, then hv to stop la..

are u using any breast shells? i used to use medela breast shells to air my nipples after feeding, coz my nipples hurt alot when they brushed against the nursing bra. =(

Hi Jessi,
Thank for updating my details in the table. Below is the detail to complete the table entry.

My orginal EDD : 4th Sept
Gynae: Dr Yap Lip Kee
Baby Name: Marcellus Xavier Lim
Weight: 2.965kg
Length: 48cm

Storeberry: You have power breasts! Such good flow. and Zane is going to grow like a champion grow!

Trazz: Haha. Thanks. But I think Lok is more amazing at weight control. She put on 8+kg and baby is already 3.2kg!!!

Twendy: He's so cute! Sure looks contented! If your boy isn't swaddled, does he still sleep well? He doesn't get sudden startles? The weather is a bit hot for the swaddles.

Preggie: How is Cristian now?

Crayonshin: Has anyone heard from her? I know she's given birth already but no details.

Koras: Your boy is so clever! Can hold his own bottle!

VE: I asked my doc yday abt VE. She said it isn't her prac to do it unless she wants to induce cos it is uncomfy for the patient. So I've escaped the VE.

IV Antibiotic Drip for GBS: Double-checked with doc too. Asked what happens if my labour is very short like 2 hrs, and whether the IV will still take effect. Rber someone here saying it takes 4 hrs. She said that as it is done intravaneously, only takes a matter of secs/mins to get to baby. Phew.

aloevera - I take "More Milk Plus" by Motherlove. You can get pure fenugreek from GNC or vitakids I believe. I bought mine at my pilates school.....

Koras - I got so bored that it actually made me impatient during feeds so I have to find something to occupy myself. Started reading. At first I was smsing friends but hubs say no good to have hp near baby so no more phone for me!

Twendy - I agree with you. Even the peds was saying to supplement if necessary. Just try not to use bottle for first month to feed to minimize chances of nipple confusion. Use Syringe or cup or spoon!

sunray - I'm like you even though I have CL (we didn't have one for first three days as he was 10 days early and she wasn't prepared to come over yet) ... I have backache / migraine. Had to take a panadol for my headache!!

How are you doing?

Hi mommies, if you express your milk into the bottle and freeze it in the "freezer compartment".. later when u want to let your baby drink the milk, do you have to defroze in room tempature, or just directly put it in the bottle warmer to heat it up?

Hello mummies....

My last posting here was on 3rd Sept, envying all d mummies dat has popped. Well, i didn't realize dat i myself will be giving birth d next day. Hehhehe....

Here's my birth story, well actually partly only, cos i cant really remember much.

4th Sept @ 0400 hrs
My mum woke me up for my pre-dawn meal. I had fasted for 3 days so far n baby seems so peaceful inside that i thought that i'll carry him all the way till d 40th week. Had me meal, but realized dat im having menses- like cramps hang had urge to pass motion every now n then.

0530hrs
Asked my mum why im having such pains n mum said it could b contractions and to start monitoring.

0600hrs
Woke hubby up. Contractions every 6-8mins.

0800hrs
Still tahan-ing at home. called gynae at 8.45 and ask her what i should do.. Hehehhe.. So clueless. I was still thinking to myself, 'wat if this is a false alarm??'

Went to hospital, but dropped at gynae's clininc 1st as was told. She did a check on me, and i was already about 3cm opened. Told to check in to labour ward immediately.

Changed, and d whole preocess start.

Felt like dying!!!!

My boy was finally out....... 15 days early. Born naturally, w/o epi. Weight: 3240g, Length:53cm, Head circ: 34.5cm

Looking back, i feel so lucky dat my labour was relatively short and i had a very good gynae.

To all the mummies who have popped, congrats!! and those who haven't, jia you!!

congrats missy!
happy.gif

i will be admitting to hospital at 7pm later. other than bleeding, starting to feel some slight menses cramps now, cervix should be dilating now...

wish me luck, I will update my birth story when I am back!

sarahmay

haha..i was oso surprise when i saw the charge.mine was over a 12hr period..

shazz

ur epidural doc mus have like u very much coz u v cooperative..mine was grumbling alot coz i kept moving when he ws trying to poke me..not so much of the pain but more of ticklish...i had a hard time trying to keep myself still..bb eamon was of a very good size..more easy to handle...

hey ladies

anybody got problem with passing urine after pregnancy. Its my 9th day after delivery and from yesterday everytime i get the urge to pass urine ( like quite urgent) but i cant seem to do it. so far only can do it when my bladder is full to the max! Anybody heard of this problem or knows of similar case?Im worried and hope it isnt the post effect of epi!

Shm125
For VE check in delivery, I feel that u will not feel a thing after u received epidural liao leh. That is personally how I felt when the nurses keep poking inside me after I received epidural. I thought it will hurt big time bt keke.. completely no feeling at all one lo

SarahMay,
The breathing technique for me is abit anyhow one… cos I undergo epidural so I cannot feel anything waist down. I took a deep breathe and let go in bits and pieces and at the same time visualize I am pushing a hard shit out of my ass liddat?

Koras,
My CL told me not to bathe wor.. so I listen to her loh..Kekke… bt I dun tink it will last me for long lo. She even told me to brush my teeth with boiled water??

But anyone of u are wearing long pants and shirt at home huh??

Lanolin,
Can u tell me more abt ur lactation consultant? What are the charges are? I feel my breasts abit hard liao…. I oso tried to latch on like for an hr or so… it is definitely not easy manz..

Storeberry
I reallie envy u leh..ur milk supply kicks in liao! I oso got latch on every now and then bt alas… still cannot.. I am praying hard now oso…

Preggie,
I have no problem to pass urine after delivery. But did u managed to pass out urine successfully after they have removed the urine catheter?
I onie haf problem to shit now… haiz… who has oledi shitted after delivery huh??

<font color="aa00aa">Flos
The Lyon/Paris is cfmed for DH cos he is involved in the World Pastry Cup competition..as for me, I'll probly meet him after the competition, as for Charlotte, now we're not sure whether to bring her along cos she's quite a cranky baby..well, unless her behavoir changes for the better otherwise think i'll harden my heart and leave her with my mum for a good 2-3weeks!! I deserve the trip!!

lanolin
Read yr birth story...was amused by yr #@%*! all the way to hospital, I can imagine yr agony. I was only having mild contractions on the way to hospital..alrdy must tell everyone in the car to shut up everytime the contractions came,hehe!!
The backache subsided alrdy, now i make sure I dun bend over, I use a chair to sit down when i change her diaper or when I have to pat her to sleep.. But the older folks blamed my backache on insufficient sleep and of cos, the bathing &amp; washing of hair!! I'm sure with your CL to help u, things will be easier. My mum helps me out by taking care of her in the day, so that i can nap at least 3hrs(damn shiok) So the past 3 days when my mum went to macau, i suffered cos bb 'tortured' me, refused to nap during the day &amp; wants to be carried ALL THE TIME!! Today once grandma is back, back to normal routine..so wierd, as if she knws grandma is not arnd!!

1695002.jpg

Ms Tyrant!!! I had to resort to putting her on my lap in front of the cpu so that both my hands are free to type!!

1695003.jpg
1695004.jpg

Ms Angelic..then of cos u forget all the anger when she smiles and responds to u...</font>

Thanks Goldfish.. did the epi totally numb your V area? that's why you couldn't feel it when the nurses did the VE.

i'm thinking of getting a low dosage of epi, cos have heard of many horror stories from my colleagues that the epi given was too high for them and they didn't know how to push and ended up with piles...

twendy, your boy so cute! got the contented look after the feed. hehehe..

preggie, your boy so cute too. seemed like babies all like to lift up their hands.

koras, your prince so smart ya.. know how to hold his own bottle already..
happy.gif

missy, congrats on the arrival of your prince!

like to ask.. if can take fenugreek or drink those papaya soup before baby pop? thinking if can take earlier don't know if it might boost the bm to start earlier too after birth.

<table border=1><tr><td>S/N</TD><TD>Mummy's Nick</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Popped On</TD><TD>Baby's Name</TD><TD>Head (cm)</TD><TD>Length (cm)</TD><TD>Weight (kg)</TD><TD>Delivery via </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Winnie</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>9-Sep</TD><TD>2-Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD>33</TD><TD>46</TD><TD>2.235</TD><TD>Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>LC</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD></TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>12-Sep</TD><TD>15-Aug</TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>49</TD><TD>3.19</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Jane</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Chen Chern Yi</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>9-Sep</TD><TD>17-Aug</TD><TD>Samuel</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>2.545</TD><TD>Emg C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Jo Jo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr Yap Lip Kee</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>17-Aug</TD><TD>Marcellus Xavier Lim</TD><TD></TD><TD>48</TD><TD>2.965</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>sasa_xie</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>19-Aug</TD><TD>Max</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>2.935</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Jen_Kate</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>19-Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>sunrays</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>20-Aug</TD><TD>Charlotte</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>3.59</TD><TD>Emg Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Jas</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Wong MT</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>7-Sep</TD><TD>24-Aug</TD><TD>Rachael</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>49</TD><TD>3.06</TD><TD>Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>dseptkon</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr Yeoh Swee Choo</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>2-Sep</TD><TD>25-Aug</TD><TD>Jonathan</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>3.145</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Jaline</TD><TD>MT A</TD><TD>Dr Esther Ng</TD><TD></TD><TD>7-Sep</TD><TD>25-Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>milkmilk</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Kee KH</TD><TD></TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD>25-Aug</TD><TD>Ting</TD><TD></TD><TD>45</TD><TD>2.3</TD><TD>C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>skinny pig</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Prof Yong EL</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>23-Aug</TD><TD>27-Aug</TD><TD>Kayne</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>55</TD><TD>3.765</TD><TD>Asst w Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>lanolin</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr Selina Chua</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>7-Sep</TD><TD>27-Aug</TD><TD>Declan</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>3.275</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>alabone</TD><TD>MtE</TD><TD>Dr Patricia Sim</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>5-Oct</TD><TD>27-Aug</TD><TD>Cadence Faith</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>46</TD><TD>2.01</TD><TD>Emg GA C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>preggie</TD><TD>MtE</TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>7-Sep</TD><TD>28-Aug</TD><TD>Cristian</TD><TD></TD><TD>50</TD><TD>3.3</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Eve</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>28-Aug</TD><TD>Kieren</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>2.74</TD><TD>Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>storeberry</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>Zane Ho</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>47</TD><TD>2.575</TD><TD>C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>twendy</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>Laurent</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>2.92</TD><TD>natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>koras</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>8-Sep</TD><TD>30-Aug</TD><TD>Kaylen</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>45</TD><TD>3.035</TD><TD>Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Bigtoes</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>8-Sep</TD><TD>30-Aug</TD><TD>Kieran</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>49</TD><TD>2.97</TD><TD>Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Ava</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD>30-Aug</TD><TD>Summer</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>2.68</TD><TD>Emg Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Ava</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD>30-Aug</TD><TD>Anais</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>49</TD><TD>2.75</TD><TD>Emg Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Angeline_Goh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Carine</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>3.035</TD><TD>Emg C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Kym_Teo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lai Foon Min</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>13-Sep</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Scarlett</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>stef&amp;seanbabes</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>2-Sep</TD><TD>Sharmaine</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>2.65</TD><TD>natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>jaymickey</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>DR WH Kee</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD>2-Sep</TD><TD>Janelle</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>3.2</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>yun</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>10-Sep</TD><TD>2-Sep</TD><TD>Jayden Gan</TD><TD>33</TD><TD></TD><TD>3.24</TD><TD>Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Ade</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>22-Sep</TD><TD>2-Sep</TD><TD>Kaijing</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>3.225</TD><TD>natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>milky</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Dr Heng</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>17-Sep</TD><TD>2-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>mei</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Tan KT</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>12-Sep</TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD>Devon</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>3.355</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>yan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>24-Sep</TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD>Celeste</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Shazz</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>9-Sep</TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD>Eamon</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>3.88</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>goldfish</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD>Ethan Soh </TD><TD></TD><TD>52</TD><TD>3.1</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>isabelle</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TC Chang</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>Gabrielle</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>3.175</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>crayonshinchan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>6-Sep</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>Reyes</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>missy</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>Md Qaid</TD><TD>34.5</TD><TD>53</TD><TD>3.24</TD><TD>natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>bacon&amp;egg</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Prof PC Wong</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD>Kaiden</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.625</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>WoodlandsMummy</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD>Shane</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>mrsyap</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>24-Sep</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD>Melody</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>46</TD><TD>2.55</TD><TD>Emg Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>lemon</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Dr Tracey Lim</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>17-Sep</TD><TD>7-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>rabbit</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD></TD><TD>22-Sep</TD><TD>8-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>bbmouse</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr Chew</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>20-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>aisha8314</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Marianne Hendricks</TD><TD></TD><TD>2-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>hippie</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD></TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>hp_babe</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD></TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>mrsseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>Janf</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>mrsgan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Janelle</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>SnowWhite80</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>T_T</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>7-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>sunnysunny</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>8-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Raphael</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>Ying Ling</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>8-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>Precious</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>Yingflo</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>9-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>James</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>Karen</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>10-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>cloud</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Tan K T</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Kieran</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>juz_jewel</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Tan LK</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>ydnic</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>59</TD><TD>Jasmine</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>12-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>60</TD><TD>Sri_leo</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>12-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>61</TD><TD>Flos</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Cheng Li Chang</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>15-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>62</TD><TD>Aloevera</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr M Tan</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>16-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>63</TD><TD>boise</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Joan Thong</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>17-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>64</TD><TD>Momoko76</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>17-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Cayden</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>65</TD><TD>qiuling</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Ho HK</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>17-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>66</TD><TD>SarahMay</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>17-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Elisha</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>67</TD><TD>Springz</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>Dr Fong CW</TD><TD></TD><TD>17-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Shauna</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>68</TD><TD>fsa</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Judy WongTPS</TD><TD></TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>69</TD><TD>Millie</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>Dr Peter Chew</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>70</TD><TD>Taslyn</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>20-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Eviana</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>71</TD><TD>blackberryB</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Tracey Lim</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>72</TD><TD>Grace_Toh</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>22-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Kaer</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>73</TD><TD>Jasyeo80</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>24-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>74</TD><TD>jeanling</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Yong</TD><TD></TD><TD>24-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>75</TD><TD>Lok</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>24-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Jonas</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>76</TD><TD>blueroses</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD></TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>77</TD><TD>yvonneho</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD></TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>78</TD><TD>Jessi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Kee WH</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>26-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Alyssa</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>79</TD><TD>dollyNEYUKO</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Vivienne</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>80</TD><TD>Jgwee</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Jen</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Matthias</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>81</TD><TD>Ruixiangsmom</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Darren</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>82</TD><TD>Jules</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>83</TD><TD>Traz</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian(SK)</TD><TD></TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>84</TD><TD>J&amp;Smum</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Cathryn Chan</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Kayen</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>85</TD><TD>l'l CY</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Dr Vanaja</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Qi Hui</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>86</TD><TD>Rachel Lim</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>87</TD><TD>storm</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>88</TD><TD>stormmie</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Dr Joan Thong</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>1-Oct</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>89</TD><TD>ChrisTan</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>90</TD><TD>XuanMummy</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </td></tr></table>

Angeline: So they checked you every 2 hours or so? Were your nurses gentle?

Goldfish: Hehe. I wonder if I can even rber the breathing techniques in the delivery suit.

Missy: Congrats on your cute bb! I'm so amazed that you can fast even when u are pregnant!!!

Crayonshin: Congrats on Reyes again. I saw his photos on FB. He's such a cutie... lovely complexion and he's a sweet heart-shaped face! How was Dr Sim? She also gave me a possible induction date in case i want to consider induction since my hubby has limited time in SG.

goldfish

i wearing long pants but t-shirt..not long sleeve type..

sarahmay

no lei..not really every 2 hr..got 1 time i told them i feel like shitting n then they chk me..coz they say it mayb more dilated since i can feel that..the 1st/2 VE was abit painful n uncomfortable...aft tt epidural liao..haha..

Sarahmay,

My FB was delivered naturally with epidural. His birthwt is 3.38kg. Becos my gynae's professional opinion is that I might have problem delivering a big size bb (i.e. >3.5kg), so I better cut down on my indulgences..

shazz,

I had the same stiff feeling for FB. Thought it was the drip as well initially but in the end, it was diagnosed as tendonitis (inflammation of tendons). So if u continue to experience pain (around the thumb area), especially when u carry your NB, pls see an orthopaedic.

Lanolin: u looking for me? I'm sooo tired. My 40 boxes just arrived from Shanghai this morning and I've been supervising my DH's unpacking and placement of all the 'unpacked loots'. We still hv 15 boxes to clear and I'm leaving them till tomorrow. My DH is still rummaging thru the boxes for some items we might need for the confinement, e.g. my clothes rack and wok!!!

After working so hard today, my v-area feels kinda 'sng sng'...better rest early tonite.

I also want to know like Jessi if I can start taking Fenugreek pills now?

Sunrays: I think u can leave your Charlotte in SG cos it's very very cold in Paris in Jan09, possibly subzero in Lyon! U need to take along all your barang barang to pump your BM in the hotel and invest in all those thick winter clothing for Charlotte somemore!

Crayon/missy/jojobar: You've given birth already?!! Congrats!!!

SarahMay: For your case, u shd ask to be induced. Elisha is 3.4kg already?!!! WOW! I can imagine by Wed he'd be 3.6kg? How long is your DH going to be in town?

Qiuling/lemon: r u going to be induced too? I see your EDD is 17 Sept like SarahMay...

Actually, my EDD is earlier than yours, and I feel I can safely birth liao...dunno why my Dr Cheng is still taking his own sweet time. He doesn't do VE on me, and told me not to squat in the next few days! Just told me he'd intervene by week 40. Hmmm, nevermind, I still got some time to unpack my boxes!!!

shazz: ur Eamon poos a lot? Are u using Bumwear and cloth diapers now? Suggest u use disposables now. I cannot imagine washing those cloth diapers and bumwear in your first weeks...shagged sia...

alabone: My mommy bought me a 6-7 litre aluminium kettle too. My CL will use the sachets to boil the concentrated herbal bath concoction for me to mix with water heater hot water when I am ready to bathe.

Goldfish: Need to rinse mouth/brush teeth with boiled water eh? That's really extreme. GUMS hv no pores right? We dun swallow the water anyway. Will we get toothache if 'wind' from the tap water seeps thru the teeth? LOLOLOLOL!!!

Lok: I see, so it'll be further for you to travel to work next time?

storeberry/koras: what FM brand are u using? I wonder if I need to standby a small tin at home now? I'm also hoping to feed my bb FM at nite and BM in the day. Wonder if bb would be utterly confused?

aloevera: I think your suggestion to wear Medela breast shields is pretty good.

sasa de mouse: so your mom is a nurse? I wonder which PD Dr Cheng will recommend to me.

Hi everyone
I have finally had a decent night's sleep as the babes woke up only once between 11pm and 6am last night. They are still in their home-based sun beds and hopefully they can be off it by tomorrow as the rental is ex...about $400 PER BED for 3 days. Our last PD bill was $1200!!!

Am now latching again in the mornings and when I can in the afternoon till nipples heal a bit, but supplementing FM, eBM and bottle at the 11pm and 2am feeds...hope I can get more supply soon, as I can only express 15-20 mls each time now. Quite pathetic considering it's day 8 already! Anyway, as long as they are growing and happy..
happy.gif

Washed my hair after 7 grimy days yesterday! Now have to wait another 7 grimy days before the next wash. Luckily the weather has been fairly cool excpet maybe yesterday afternoon!!!

Hope everyone is well!

Goldfish - my lactation conslt is called Christina Kwek (tel : 93679293) and there's another one called Betty Lee (98330170). Basically she teaches you the right was to latch / pump / massage ur boobs (esp when urs hardens up like mine - which is the first sign of probable engorgement!!!) I found it very helpful but it isn't all pleasant coz I was really tearing when she massaged my hardened boobs.

Flos - I hope you are more rested today. Unpacking 40 boxes?!!?!? Fortunately, you are doing the supervisory role! hahaha...hope u get to unpack the rest by today. Re Fenugreek, I think u should only eat AFTER giving birth coz now nothing to latch on, you might start being engorged?! Not sure.

Ava - GOOD FOR YOU! more rest = more milk! I only started being able to express about 40 - 50 ml on one boob (with a lot of painful massaging) on day 11 so don't be too hard on urself!
happy.gif
The twins are very very cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Can u tell one from the other now?

For moms who gave birth PRIOR to 27 Aug - are your nipples still sore? This is day 12 and the little tyke is still not latching perfectly. I perspire so much just trying and trying again and Declan isn't like Eamon - Declan is SO DARN IMPATIENT!!!!

sigh...........

Sunrays - my husband was indeed NOT quite amused, esp when I told him to just CHIONG the red light coz the pain was really bad. HA HA HA.....I knew I couldn't survive without epidural la.

I might be in Paris in jan 09 too!!!! Got meeting to attend there. heh heh .... mine's only a week so what I need to do is pump a lot a lot before I go. Need my mom to be around to jaga the kid though......U totally deserve the trip!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Lanolin
Wahhh, 40-50 on one boob is like a miracle to me at this stage :p

Did you try the Brest friend pillow? Am using that now, but it only works for Summer..hmmm actually if Declan is impatient it may not work for him too, as the more impatient Anais doesnt like it, but it keeps your hands free to try to latch...maybe borrow one rather than buy one to try? See if Christina has one to let u try...

Do i need to ask her to massage if my boobs are not hard..they're quite soft still.

It's funny how the gals are identical but have slightly different temperamnets...i am still trying to tell them apart from a distance. Close up is easier.

Sorry to intrude, ladies.

Bought an Ameda lactaline Dual Pump-Excellent condition(Size M) with the original handsfree and supershields on 29th Aug. However as my baby was in ICU, I only used the pump for a wk &amp; now do not breastfeed.

Paid $420 for the whole set. Willing to sell the whole set at $350 (neg). Excellent condition.Battery or direct supply. Can adjust cycles &amp; vaccum according to yr comfort level.Even comes with a mash net to put all the pump accessories for easy carrying.Original packaging &amp; all instruction manuals provided for pump &amp; handsfree.

Do email me at [email protected] in case i do not check e website regularly.

<font color="0077aa">Sarah: If bb don't come out by the time your hubby comes back, induction might be a good option. SO happy that your hubby is coming back to be with you &amp; bb soon!

Flos: I didn't buy any FM to standby.
happy.gif

Lemon: You shld have given birth by now, any updates?

Missy: Wow, you still can fast? I think my appetite increases after giving birth! I can see a BIF bowl of rice &amp; finish all the confinment food! Guess I like confinment food alot!

Ava: I absoutely love this photo of your gals!!! So endearing!
happy.gif
My hair is oily &amp; grimy too! You are one strong mummy, its really not easy to take care of twins! Cheers!

I also had a good night sleep yday when bb wake up only twice to feed, at 2am &amp; 5plus. But he seem to like my left breast more maybe because the let down is faster, he is always fussy &amp; cries when fed with my right breast...
sad.gif

Today pump out my milk after feeding him, didn't drank much water before pumping &amp; milk was only like 20ml each. I rested for a while &amp; drank a cup of warm red date tea after a few minutes, the BM supply increased &amp; is trickling away!

I think the Ameda BP is really good &amp; quiet! Really worth the money!</font>

hehe, looks like I'm the only one who takes hot shower sneakily! haha ... I even had durians (MSW) last night! Hubby rewarded me for being good when I was preggy! hehe

My breasts are starting to be firm, think will massage and use warm compress before I start pumping with the Medela later. Usually latch baby on 3-4 times a day to stimulate MS. Took Fenugeek yesterday too.

Lanolin: how many capsules of Fenugreek do you take per day?

Flos: I'm using disposables for now. Eamon poos alot! He passed out most of the mecconium when he was at the hospital. I have more than enough NB diapers, especially Drypers! Receieved so many samples and those in the hampers that we received. But I may not use them cos I want bb to use up the Huggies Ultra(up to 4kg) and Mammy Poko (up to 5kg) which I got for him. Will only start the Bumwear when he's slightly bigger, to air his bums.

Formula Milk: Eamon is taking Nestle Nan 1 HA.

Lanolin: The thing about bfg is you need patience, from baby and mummy! Of course, hubby's support os very important as well.

Lok: I suspect the stiffness is due to water retention! I have no idea why I'm having water retention at this point in time! My face, hands and legs are swollen! Am very puzzled, wonder if it's due to the drugs that were administered to me. I was hardly swollen before I gave birth!

Weight loss: Sigh, even though my baby is almost 3.9kg, I only lost like 4kg after giving birth! *wails* I'm still 58kg! I still have 13kg to lose to get back to pre-preggy size! Was 62kg when I went to hospital to deliver! Can forget about dieting now as priority is to nourish body well.

<font color="119911">blackberryB (blackberryb) - Yes, total we paid upon discharging at TMC was $3.2k, excluding all the earlier expenses to-date. Total from beginning of pregnancy is about $8-9k I think. The TMC PD (recommended by my gyne - Dr Ang Ai Tin) charged another $400+ for checking up on the baby and coming by 2X in the morning to update me for about 5 minutes.

Ohh, congrats to lanolin, JoJo, missy (missus), Bacon &amp; Egg and MrsYap on their new additions!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

shazz (shazzerlyn) - baby Eamon doesn’t look like a fresh new born! He is cute and chubby and looks a couple of weeks old!
biggrin.gif

twendy (twendy) - congrats to you too!
twendy (twendy) &amp; preggie (preggieblues) - Your sons likes to sleep with his hands up and around his ears? Kieran does that too (I guess all babies?) - but now, the CL swaddles his body up like a mummy, so everything is tucked in.
preggie (preggieblues) - I am also using the same Classic Pooh bed linen for Kieran now!

Baby weight gain &amp; mommy weight loss - I need to get a new weighing scale at home, but Kieran has put on about 200+gms between when he was discharged and when we went back to the PD for his check up in 3 days! I tried weighing him again this morning with and old weighing scale and I think he is up even more in the last 2 days! Not sure if that is even possible, but he has been drinking A LOT! Mommies - do u see your babies suddenly consuming a lot more milk already? Kieran can drink 90ml per session - based on my measurement from EBM (6 sessions a day) and the PD said this is not sustainable and will fall back to about 60ml, but he seems to be getting greedier and greedier!

The good thing is, I am losing my pregnancy weight - was down 6kg post delivery (3kg baby weight + 3kg of all the gunk sucked out by the gyne), and down 1kg per day the last 3 days due to BFing! So I have shed 9kg the last week alone!

Mommies who are doing their baby's 1st month - have you decided on the full month cakes and catering and planned who to invite yet? I have shortlisted 2 and dropped them enquiries, still deciding.

koras (koras) - try to massage before you BF. Also, if put a warm towel on your breast to stimulate the milk flow, should help abit. For my case, the milk is in, so its usually having to put a towel to stop the other side from leaking when i am BFing.

lanolin (lanolin) - I am feeding 6 times a day on an average 24 hour period. The last feed is at about 9pm, and he usually wakes up at about 3-4am for one more feed, then the next one in the morning. Each feed is about 20-30 minutes in total, though I think they are getting progressively longer cos Kieran is really greedy! Thank goodness he has a mild temperament and is very patient during BFing. I usually sing nursery rhymes to him when he feeds, watch telly or sometimes almost fall asleep myself! (BFing releases oxytocin and makes one sleepy?)

shazz (shazzerlyn) - how long are u not allowed to bathe? If your hands are abit stiff, think it would still be the carpal tunnel syndrome (water retention) - should go away in a week I suppose. Mine was stiff in the mornings during the end of the pregnancy as well, but almost back to normal now.

Jessi (jessi) - I took fenugreek about 3 days before delivery and the colostrums came in the same day of delivery (baby latched on a couple of hours after delivery). So maybe it did help abit?

Ava (avalyn)- hehe, the twins are adorable! I am sure looking at how cute they are makes it all worth while!
happy.gif
</font>

Oooh I havent weighed myself yet! I will later
happy.gif

I dunno how we'll manage after the CL leaves. Having her around is a big plus, altho there are of course times when we have slight differences of opinion about how things should be done...nothing major as yet and if her rationale is reasonable I just go along with it
happy.gif

Fenugreek
I take 6 GNC tablets a day, as per Mrs Wong's instructions. 2 after each meal.

Hi Shm125
Yeap, the epi numb everything below waist. I cannot even feel my toes wor. Actually, I think my piles are oso being pushed out too!!!

Hi Flos
I am using Enfalac for standby. Intially, my hubby told me NO NID TO GET since we are doing TBF but luckily I told him to get loh. For my case, we BOBIAN resort to FM on the 3rd nite cos bb is crying for milk and my milk supply is onie majiam VAPOUR-kinda from the nipples… so better standby for just in case emergency. But it is reallie up to u.

Ava
Ur twins is beri cute! And it is beri artistically taken!!! Hehe.. same as u.. I have not been washing my hair.. .today is the 4th day nia… I am waiting for some flies to come near my head to lay eggs soon… :p

Lanolin
Thanks for the contact. Yah… my CL tried to press my lumps last nite and OH MANZ, it hurts big time. I thot the VE check done by my gynea by inserting his ENTIRE HAND hurts big time bt I think the BREAST tingie is the WORST loh! Btw, how much are their charges like?

Shazz
Haha.. gas wat? I was looking for a weighing scale the next day after delivery. I was like thinking ‘yeah yeah, I am going to see some weight loss’ and to my great DISMAY, I onie saw a 3kg difference nia.. and I was like ‘HUH? I onie lost bb weight??!!!’
I still cannot comprehend lo.. I thot the placenta and stuff is more than bb weight as well!
*puzzled*

Shazz - I take 4 per day - one after each meal (including tea) ... not too sure if the effects are there but maybe psychologically it is a booster anyway! Yes, patience. There is a lesson here for me.

Ava - u r right. Maybe I try without the brestfriend today .... need to try types of combination and permutations to get it right. I just hope my nipples get less sore so I become less "resistant" each time when it is time to feed. Psychological barrier!!!

Limay - I think u're lucky! 6 times vs my 7-9 times and he usually eats more at night (8+ / 11+ / 2+ / 5+) Mild temperament helps!!

I shall try to "zen out" when I feed. The boredom gets to me as well so I need really to find a way to free my hands and read something. I do watch tv in the evenings!

I gained a total of 11 kilos in pregnancy and the last time I weighed, I have 4.5 kilos to go to be back at my original weight. Am eating a lot though but I am not really concerned la.

Ava - yah, I totally undrestand ur apprehension re CL leaving. Have u thought of extending it for another 2 weeks if the twins haven't settled down yet?

Goldfish - I think the typical rate is about SGD 80 per hour. Christina charges SGD 150 for 1.5 hours plus cab fare. If you have problems latching, I tell you it is money very well spent instead of the hours of pain u experiencing trying to do all the wrong things!

Yah, my husband learned the "techniques" from her and yesterday, we tried expressing my fuller breast. tears nearly rolled out again ... one of those session, I become totally exhausted!

Mood - My moods are still going up and down. At least I think I only feel weepy once in 2 days now. I just snapped at my hubs coz he was suggesting that we express milk but I was so tired that I just said "I make the decisions - not you. If you want, u express ur own...I'm too tired!!!!!!!!!" *tears flowed* ... Feel slightly bad now. Humph - darn hormones!!!!!!!!

Back