(2008/09) Sep 2008

have you all try brushing your child teeth with toothpaste?

bigtoes- mine hor can eat half a piece of bread + water. when ask him if he wants milk(240ml) he will still say want at around 8+ also.

then if he afternoon nap for an hr he will sleep thur the night. if he sleep 3 hrs then he might wake up around 4am for milk dan around 5am or so then goes back to sleep
sad.gif
tiring

<font color="0000ff">Night Feeds
You all can try to wean them off their night feeds, coz milk now is purely out of habit rather than hunger.

What I did was:
- tell Max every nite b4 he slept that he's a big boy already, don't need to wake up for milk in the middle of the nite
- tell him that even if he wakes up, i will not make milk for him
- if he wakes up, i juz let him cry it out. first few days cried for abt 10-15min.. den slowly he got the hint

Now he takes 240ml of milk at 930pm after dinner at 7pm. this can last him till nxt morning. BUT he still wakes up in the middle of the nite. This boy can't sleep well at nite de. think he got my MIL's genes. dun sleep well at nite.

HTHs
happy.gif
</font>

hi mummies
wonder if the kids still have growth spurts at this age, vic started waking up for nite feeds for a few weeks then stopped and slept thru the nite again. now he'll wake up for milk only on rare occasions. during those few weeks i was so worried it'll become a habit coz my hub's fren still have to wake up every midnite to make milk for his gal who's already 3 years old so quite relieved that he stopped waking up for milk again.

btw vic's PD said there is a different strand of HFMD recently and asked us to be more careful so mummies take note, especially this month &amp; sept (vic's teacher just alerted us also that HFMD cases is on the rise and tend to be in april &amp; this 2 months). vic had to b hospitalised last month when he got HFMD for the first time so trying all ways we can to reduce the risk of him getting it again. it's really a terrible virus, he had 20-30 ulcers in his throat and cried badly when inserting the drip, so heartache. influenza a seems to be quite common now also so take flu jab if haven't.

Hi,

Apologies for posting in your thread.. but am..

1. Urgently in search of many tins of Enfapro A+..

If you've any to sell, pls pm me.. Budget's ard $10+- for the 400g tins..

2. Haenim Play Yard 6 panels (usu'd have 2 activity panels, 1 door, 3 plains with connectors) and ok with 4 panels too..

Budget's ard $100+- for the 6 panels

3. Steriliser
Looking for Pigeon Rapid Steam Steriliser

Budget's ard $20 to $30.. hopefully no rust..

4. Safety Gate needed to fit doorway of at least 118 cm..

Budget's $30++

5. Twin Stroller, just need one tt works, so on v tight budget constraint..

Pls pm me if you've any of the above tt ya letting go..

Thanks v much in advance! =)

not sure how many kid out there not talking much yet since they are reaching two.. mine stil doesnt want to talk. should i bring him to those speach therapy

hi koras,

Mine too. I've asked 2 different PDs (whenever I bring Jonas to see them for other ailments) and they are not too worried... Boys tend to be slower and if he's still able to get his point across, should be ok. One of them also asked whether his daddy had the same "issue". She said I should monitor until abt 2.5 YO
happy.gif

hi all,

like tslittleone, my boy has also been falling sick very often. He's having fever (usually without any other symptoms, except the 3rd time when he had runny nose and cough with phelgm) for the 4th time in the last 9 weeks. The first 3 times he had fever cos his dad was down with flu and cough so we thought it might be viral (which is what the doc says too).

He has just started CC on the 10th August.. and now it's the 4th fever in slightly more than 2 months. His fever spiked the last two nights till almost 39.4. Have checked his hands, feet and mouth but they are all clear.

I'm quite worried about giving his paracetamol and ibuprofen so often and have actually tried 'ling yang' the last time which amazingly ended his fever in just one day. However, I have also read and been told by colleagues that it may be too cooling for a 23mth old.

I'm really at a lost...

Hi kyrie, erm actually i was also worrying like you.. cos my daughter previously also like that. the fever gotten so high till 40 degree n ibu doesn't help.

She need to take children motrin to bring the temp down. N this will take at least 1 week. After that rashes will come out througout her whole body cos of viral infection.

If u r scare, maybe can feed yr son star fruit juice. Or maybe chrysanthemum tea?

sorry mummies....
last min I can go....

selling at $150 for a pair.
Row 53, seat 22 n 23 at Bay Grandstand

pls sms 92375402 if u r keen. thanks!

Hi qqq(missheng),

His fever shot up to 40 deg that evening too despite giving him ling yang. And yah, rashes broke out that very night. However, the paed that I took him to, said that Roseola (fake measles) only occur at most twice in the toddler's life but he had broken out in rashes after high fever the last four times but only the first and the last one was rather bad rashes. So i'm really confused...

He doesn't drink anything else except water and milk and I have to force anything else down using a syringe.

I'm just hoping the fever doesn't come back again. It's been happening every two weeks for the fourth time...
sad.gif

kyrie
understand how u feel. mayb u 1 can bring your boy for flu jab and give him multi vit supplement. brought vic for flu jab a few weeks ago and started giving him multi vit and he has been well so far.

hi mummies,
please advise how much portion of rice cum chopped vege, meat, fish to be given for a started on rice meal? my bb is 21th month old now and i find that she's bored with her daily 3/4 full of porridge meal. need to start her on rice. how many times in a week to let her have rice meal? please advise. thanks.

onsansg (onsansg) - I am still feeding K with a mixture of porridge, rice with soups, &amp; tomato-based pasta meals. I don't think there is a set rule, as long as your girl is eating well, &amp; you are cooking a variety of meals to make sure that she gets all her vits &amp; minerals, then it should be fine
happy.gif

koras (koras) - i think most toddlers here have started on toothpaste some time back. There are brands that are suitable for them; i am using FirstTeeth baby toothpaste - you can get this at KiddyPalace &amp; most Guardian outlets.

thanks, limay. how do you make tomato-based pasta meals? u use fresh tomatos or tomato sauce? can toddler less than 2yrs old takes tomato already?

onsansg (onsansg) - Most times I use pasta sauce or tomato paste, then add fresh tomatoes, onions, mixed veggies, mushrooms, herbs (basil, thyme etc), fish/minced chicken/pork etc. Of cos you can make your own sauce from scratch
happy.gif

I haven't heard of toddlers not suppose to eat tomatoes? Why is that the case? I have been giving K tomato-based pasta for a long time now &amp; he loves them!

thanks, limay. i'll try making tomato paste. tomato is acidic and i heard one of the clinic staff say to delay as it's allergenic..anyway, allergies doesn't happen to all kids. thanks so much:)

Hi Mummies
Long time no posting.
Haizzzzzz, me busy w/ my no.2 gal gal n her monster KorKor.

Koras
I hv start Ryan on brushing teeth when he abt 14mth old.
Now, it a habit for him to brush teeth every morning, but i will remove all his clothing 1st before brushing.

<font color="0000ff">Anyone keen in tagging on my order for Laughing Cow cheese?

I'll be getting these few:

Belcube (Green) - 24 cubes per pack
4469597.jpg

Mixed flavours of original + tomato + ham flavor

Cheese Dippers - 4 packets per pack
4469598.jpg

Belcube (original flavour) - 24 cubes per pack
4469599.jpg

La Vache Qui Rit Cheese Spread 16P
4469600.jpg

PM me for prices if interested. Pick up location: Jurong West / Serangoon / Boon Keng</font>

onsansg (onsansg) - Ur welcome! I guess tomatoes are not that acidic, so it should be fine? Without thinking, I started K on alot of other acidic stuff (e.g. pineapples) a long time back as well. Anyways, at 2 years old, most foods should be OK already, esp if there is no family history of allergies
happy.gif

annteo (annteo) - ur gal looks like kor-kor! How old is she now? I strip K to his diapers before brushing his teeth as well, cos when he spits the water, most of it ends up on his protruding tummy! I brush for him only at nite thou; usually just drink some water before we rush him out of the house in the morning!

Bigtoes

My gal 5mth+, going 6mth this 23rd.
yap, she looks very alike to his KorKor, like photocopy. When this naughty mummy put the curly wig hairband on Kor-Kor, they looks totally the same. HeHe...
When i bring both out shopping, ppl kept saying meimei is a boy, even when i dress her up in pink. so sad
sad.gif

hihi,

Apologies but am in need of many tins of the following:

[1] 400g Enfapro A+ ($10/$11)
[2] 900g Enfapro A+ ($32+-)
[3] $5 Off Enfapro A+ Voucher

Pls pm me if you've any to let go.. thanks &amp; appreciate lots! =)

Am also in search for pre-loved Parklon/LG Bumper Playmat, pls pm me..

if baby around 6 weeks keep crying for two days suspect kana scared before after she return from her mummy place, then he baby keep crying on and off for two days.. any idea wat the mummy can do..

Hi Mummies

Does any of ur kids has the habit of bitting their clothes? How do u stop it? Any advice?
My gal has the habit of bitting her clothes, esp during sleeping. She can bite till the clothes have small tiny holes. I have talk/ scold/ beat hand still cannot kick the habit.I even try to give her handkerchief to replace the clothes but it dun work. She seems able to recognise material. Now most the clothes got tiny holes. Headache!

hi mummies.. sorry to disturb

i have 2 tin of 1.8kg Gain IQ to let go at $52 (NTUC selling $62) and 1 tin of 900g Gain IQ to let go at $28 (NTUC selling at $32.95). All expiry is Oct 2011

letting go as my boy has changed to pediasure

collection will be at buangkok mrt.. pls pm me if u r interested.

Hi,

I am looking for:

a) 2nd HAND RAINFOREST JUMPEROO.
b) BRILL KIDS FLASH CARDS

Please email me if you have 2nd hand jumperoo &amp; Brill kids flash cards for sale. thanks.

I have 2 x 900g Karrihome goat milk 3-7 yrs old.
Letting go at $35 each, own collection or meet at Somerset.
Expiry 2012 Oct.
Interested PM me

Hi Sorry to disturb your thread.
Would like to check if there are any mummies staying at Tampines st 44 or nearby? I'm a march 2009 sahm mummy and I'm looking for playdates for my boy. Pls email me at [email protected]

Thks

my son is having cough and running nose that lead to him keep coughin and having phelgm

he doesnt want to eat anything except milk as he eat a few mouth then he feel like vomiting.

what can i do
sad.gif

worried mum

Koras,
Did you bring him to PD ? My son was wheezing with phelgm few months back and must use neubilizer (dunno how to spell)
almost kana bronchitis.. so take care ya

hi mummies,
Kinderland@ Robinson now open for registration for babies born in 2008.
for enquiries, pls contact me at 98270284.

Attractive discounts and freebies not to be missed!

5160731.jpg

StefSeanSharbabes...

Kinderland? your girl in there? my girl in kinderland too @ MOM branch...
happy.gif

Btw,theres a BP for dresses for girls..Do support support...

Hi to All Mummies,

Am looking for Enfagrow 1.8kg etc (Netherlands) bought from local stores, do let me know if you've any excess that you would like to clear off, would be keen to take all if the price's ok. =)

Pls PM me if you've any.

Hi Mummies!

Sorry for intruding...I am helping my company to promote this campaign.
Wanna win great prizes for this Mother’s Day? Come take part in JobsDB.com Mother Day’s Contest.
Simply just nominate a working mother and the nominator and nominees will walk away with exciting prizes! It only takes a few minutes of your time… so why wait??

For more info, please log onto http://engage.sg.jobsdb.com/SG/mothers-day/

have send my son to kindergarden play ground and he have start to speak up at the age of around 28 mth (slow to speak up), after 5 mth in school, the teacher was saying that he utters only monosyllable sounds. His words are not clear. any other parent also facing the same issue.

he does talk to us when we ask him things, though stil not all the words he can speak well and not tallking yet in sentence..

we have been speaking to him everyday and trying to correct him, and yet he doesnt speak up most of the time or even asking a simple sweet

any mummy can teach me what can i do

hi, so long never come to this thread..just to say,

i have many cans of Nutren Junior that I bought from Pharmex (leading supplier recommended by Nestle). Expiry is Nov 2012. I bought at $13.50 per can. It's similar to Pediasure purpose as for weight gain, fussy eating and especially good in bowel movement (no constipation)!

Please let me know if you want to share the cost of these bulk purchase that I bought, cos my gal can't finish so many tins - $13.50 per can, with self collect at Punggol.

Thanks!

Hi everyone

I'm selling new PediaSure Complete 1800g at $58. Self pick up at Punggol Road End. Interested pls sms me 8198 1882, Thanks!

Hi all, my friend is running a seminar this Saturday 9am - 1pm at The Rock at Suntec on "How to Raise &amp; Educate Smart, Happy Kids from Ages 0 to 5".

The speaker is Dr John Medina, the author of "Brain Rules" and "Brain Rules for Baby".

It's short notice, but if anyone is keen to go, my friends get a special price of $100 per ticket (list price is $225). Please PM me if you are keen to go.

5481973.jpg

Koras - have you brought him to any speech therapist? Maybe now is a gd time to bring him to see one if you have chosen to' wait and see' the past year if he will eventually start speaking. I brought my girl to Leo Magan's speech sanctuary once before and the therapist gave us many insightful tips on how to effectively speak to our children, encouraging them to respond verbally.

Hi mummies

Any recommendation on where to get Minnie birthday cake? My gal keep asking me to buy n always say it's her birthday when we are celebrating other's birthday!! Lol

I had tried bengawan solo last year, this yr thinking of other bakery..

Thanks in adv

Back