(2008/09) Sep 2008

thanks, flos. do u fold or roll them if u're using vacuum storage bags? yup, i bought sizes all the way past 12mths cos there were so many bargains during gss. my bb is still in new baby sized clothes now. snug and nice but not for long. shd take out all the 0-3mths items and wash them soon.

Hi Mummies,

Have been busy "mentally" prepared myself as i will be back to work next week. Today went down to paragon to buy extra pumping acccessories so that i do not need to sterilize in office.

Also received the top up $250 for the baby bonus ).. Went to ocbc to open the CDA account as well...

Anyway bought a lionheart bebe pod seat at First few years. WIll let baby sit in it when his head is stable...He is already past 3 months but the head still not stable enuff..
sad.gif

(jane, my son also born on 17th Aug
happy.gif

I think i have relax abit with his development... Oh, on the milk intake, Marcellus do not take a lot in fact, only 90ml thru bottle (most of the time cannot finish). I latch on most of the time though...

I was quite concern initally but the PD said is okay and he is gaining weigh accordingly. So i guess no need to worry so much lah... I know sometime when we hear other mummy mention the amt of milk other baby are taking... we are worried that ours are taking lesser.. but i guess each baby is different
happy.gif

storeberry/CY

its the 1 at hougang...tt time i went for their G2000 sale,i walk from kovan stn..wana meet up? i shd be there early ard 11am/12pm...but if it rains then i wun go coz i be bbjourning my carine along..

xuanting,

hmm i hope it won look too pong? mayb not too far away jus don touch the scalp? haii so ma fan hor, wan to BF yet aso wan to look pretty!

Jo Jo (jojobar): from the start i give him EBM..latch onli sometimes..he is ok... just nw he drank 30ml EMB and refuse! then i latch he is ok... dun know izzit i change nuk teat to pigeon.but he is ok e past few day with pigeon.. nw waitin for my husband to get nuk teat n try tonight.
sad.gif

hi mummies

It's at Wing Tai Garment Factory..near Kovan MRT..Hougang area.

I'll be going with Gunibabe and do lunch together after that too. Any mummies wanna join us??

Hi Jane,

My son is using the medela & avent teats..so far, the most he finish by bottle is 120ml. Most of the time is just 90ml or lesser..
I guess it is his mood...Anyway, he also reject formula... he prefer breastmilk...

So we both the lucky mummy whose son born on 17th aug
happy.gif
. WHich hospital did you deliver ?

sunrays/ gunibabe/ angeline

wat time r u all going? are u all walking from kovan mrt? i think i may join u. can pick up mummies from the kovan mrt but may only be able to fit 2 mummies and babies cos of J's carseat.

dseptkon
me going too!!

not bringing bb along. dun think either appreciates shopping yet!
happy.gif

so whos going? deseptkon, angeline, sunrays, gunibabe...who else?

Dear Mummies,

Thanks for the encouragement.. 8 days to 1st HDB appt!!...

Dear Flos..

Its 內孫..X____X

Dear Qiuling..

Ya.. am 忍忍忍-ing!.... thing is sometimes they do illogical things.. don't know what their next stunt will be..

Dear Limay,

Sorry! I forgot, will go TT now... :p

I want I want! You all flying solo?? okies lemme see, i'm pumping now, means 1230pm tomorrow is pumping time!
sad.gif
Will prob be late then.. still gotta drop baby and helper off at in-laws at Serangoon.. I'll call sunrays ya.. best I can manage is a 12pm pump at in-laws, prob 15min then quickly drive over..

Traz , meet there better ,
There should be a lot of people ... hmm lunch hour lei .. anyway anyone has coupon for further discounts ??? cos my ex collegue always have coupons and we make multiple coupons before gg down .. hmm .. just asking mummies who have coupons to print more and distribute there
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">Aiyoo.. you all making me super "gian" about FOX sales but I can't go so early.. Hmm... let me think think think... I will sms sunrays if going..

Weather is abit hot nowadays right?</font>

qiuling,

i'm trying to get the coupons from a fren...
if hv, will print for the mummies here..
will PM u my handphone no.

Hi, u all going to the FOX Sales, wish to go too. can i know the exact location? will be bring bb there cos no one looking after her.

Hi li (piggi), Mine not 'pong' and my friends say my hair looks nice &amp; natural.
happy.gif
Before rebonding, my hair also kiao here &amp; there.......

Oh I noe where's Wing Tai Factory. It's pretty far from Kovan MRT leh...so those who intend to push stroller/bjorn your bb from the MRT station, think again, esp if u are going around mid-day. darn hot!

Jasmine: u can google for the map.
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_9857/travel_site_85966/5

I dun mind going if it doesn't rain tomorrow and if bb is comfy with his mid-day feed. I cannot leave bb alone with maid at home. We all need to go together...haha.

xuanting: I fold the clothes into squares and stack 'em up neatly before vacuuming the air out. I also stuff some clothes dehumidifier sachets in.

springz

y not pump earlier?

deseptkon/gunibabe

u got a PM...
happy.gif

Fox sale

see you all there..i can only recognise a few mummies from springz place..hehe..can have a mini gathering liao.

flos

ya..its abt 15min walk?last time when i preggie,i went for the G2000 sale...

Hi Angeline - I'm on 3 hrly pumps... already at 12pm is half hr earlier...

Btw, read from the previous Fox sale thread that it is messy, dusty and crowded...

hey Flos,
saw your discussion on handphone for maid. I don't allow my maid to have handphone, and this was communicated to her when I did the phone interview with her, prior to hiring her. She agreed and she really didn't bring any handphone. I am touched because she took her promise to me seriously and this shows to me she can be quite trustworthy. She told me when she was in Manila, she DHL her personal items including her handphone back to her hometown before flying to SG.

So to show my appreciation for her, I pay for her calls back home. I buy those calling card (face value $10 but can get at $8-$8.50) where she uses my house phone to make the call. I told her I will buy her 1 card to be used over 2 months. Each card is about 50mins. If she wants to talk more than that, she has to pay for additional cards. But so far she has only called back once and she used up 40mins. Actually I don't seriously intend to make her pay la. Cos my maid is really obedient so far.. and coming Christmas, I will reward her by giving her extra phone card so she can chat longer with her family.

I personally don't agree to the use of a handphone. But of course sometimes it's hard to not allow them, as they are also human. But then, I have also heard of many maids who do not want to call home.. cos usually when they call home, the family keep asking them for money. I think this is something u really must work out with your maid. Then you can gauge her need for handphone usage etc.

anyone got softcopy of the fox coupon? then can print b4 going in case timing is diff from others?

seems like most mmummies are going ard noontime...

anyone's bb teething??? my ger is highly irritated these days due to her upper gums being swollen. felt her gums just now n felt 2 teeth coming out soon.. poor thing

last min could'nt make it to the gathering , baby had fever after injection so dun wanna bring her over coz so many baby ard.

6 in 1 injection , can it be done together with rotavirus and pneumococcal? cause dunwan my ger to have so mani injection at once so opt for 6 in 1 first. is this the reason tat causes fever?

can rotavirus and pnem be done in a day? will it cause fever? and got any next gatherin? so sad to miss the one at springz hse ... cause had'nt got the chance to mit any of the mummies.

morning mummies..

am slowly adjusting my pumps now.. 15min earlier each time, so pumping at 6 instead of 630am.. hopefully can shift to 11am plus instead later!!
happy.gif

okies surfing as usual.. some boliao stuff:

1. There is a BP on cloth Eric Carle books:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1929496.html?1228169035

2. Some mummies weaning babies rightoes? Here's a webbie with some useful info: (though the header is for 6-9 mths babies, gather that typically advice is to start weaning then...)
http://www.annabelkarmel.com/age-range/babies-6-9-months

3. Hee.. Just for fun - Christmas ideas! Swarovski pacifiers!!

1940032.jpg

1940033.jpg
1940034.jpg

Vellevelle - hope baby is better!

wah fox sale!
Was actually contemplating gg there after reading the post and getting some christmas gifts. But i guess i'll prob be gg down to paragon area instead. Wanna shop for myself! Hee hee...

flos/qiuling
kuishinbo is a jap buffet restaurant. Has branches at suntec, jurong point and GWC but BWC is more ex.
Jewel box is at Mt Faber

bigtoes
Lovely! Enjoy!
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">lilboymum/lok/alabone

Since angeline's info, i have double checked and confirmed pooh bear is indeed only meet and greet.

6 Dec, Sat
1pm
Sesame Street LIVE Show
Marina Square

Any violent objections?
Anyone else interested?

yoo hoo, alabone, where are you????</font>

qiuling
how old is zachary? Mebbe he's not used to it yet. SOmetimes kids take a bit of time to warm up.

springz
same! Used to do that too! But now i have no idea where the books r. Stashed away somewhere...

Hi, velle

I check with my PD before and he said can give Pneum together with the 6-in-1 but it is two jabs and that pneum is very painful.. Ouch!!!!

The rotavirus is oral dosage not needle..

<font color="0077aa">hi mummies,

can i join? Have two girls. Cheeky girl is 2 and a half. Chubby cheeks is a sept baby.</font>

hihi mummies

have decided. FOX it shall be! R u mummies doing lunch nearby? Like Heartland mall? Or where?
Who is the cooridnator? Sunrays?
Paragon shall have to wait till tmr! Hee hee

hi cheekychubbycupcakes!

sunrays: is the FOX warehouse aircon-ed, like Charles&amp;Keith? If it is, I dun mind gg. Otherwise, it's too humid for bb to tag along...

Do they accept NETS? I hv little cash at hand. Forgot to withdraw...

Autum: thks for sharing with me your phone arrangement with your maid. We took her to the convenience store to buy her Prepaird SIM card ytd. She now has a Singapore HP no. I informed her that she may only use her mobile after working hours, e.g. 9p-10pm thereabts.

U r rite to say some maids do not wanna call home, esp those who ditched their hubs and children to come here to seek a living.

Hi all mommies!
So good, can go shopping.... sob sob
Now struggling to finish my invoices, balancing accounts and other HR stuff... sob sob
I wish I can also just go to sales with you all...

LC: how's your MIL taking care of your BB? Mine is so far so good. At least now when Ryan comes home, he still recognise me and smile... if not...sob sob. Haha
happy.gif

Hi there mummies!
So many posts to catch up! Been so busy over the weekend, me fell sick too after getting drenched in the heavy rain on Sunday @ Orchard Road with hubby..Rachael is also down with flu and cough, and had to bring her to the PD yday... and she was also diagnosed with suspected mild eczema! She doesn't have spots or anything, but dry skin at the knees area, her elbows and face.. My suspicions have been proven true, so sad having to see her coughing like that and getting eczema..Now really worried about her. Any mummies' babies got diagnosed with mild eczema?? How to cope with it?
sad.gif
Sob...seeing so many mummies enjoying themselves make me feel envious, but I know I must be strong for Rachael's sake...

Mummies going for the sale, enjoy urself!
happy.gif

jas
poor rachael! think that if the eczema is mild it will probaly not be too big and issue. my nephews have eczema too and it seems to be just a matter of making sure they avoid the foods that trigger it. more heartache is the flu and cough Rachael has i think. but don't worry she'll be better soon.. these are all our bbs growing pains.

flos
the "warehouse" is airconditioned but may be very messy as the sales there usually have things in square bins. am bringing bb too and will prolly look see look see more than anything
happy.gif
went for the topshop/topman/dorothy perkins sale there and things were all in a jumble in those open trays...

Solid Food for BB
Anyone plan to start soon? Beginning or end of the 4th mth?

Food Cubes
Finally got the BP for those cubes!
happy.gif
All set to go..

Fox
Happy shopping mommies! Show us your "loots" later on..
happy.gif

Friday - Mattel Sale
Anyone gg? LC, havent got your mobile leh.
Storeberry, we arrange on thurs nite where/time?

hey all, have been practically MIA for a while. I don't log on much when I am at home and when i am online, I am trawling for new jobs as I really need to find one by CNY or just after that.

Also, the mumbai victim Hwei Yen was a friend - her hb is a really good friend of ours (law school and hostel mate) so we've been a bit frazzled and disoriented with what's happened...

Babies are growing really fast and I still don't spend as much time with them as I should...dunno why...not as attached to them as I think I should be...hopefully as they get more mobile etc I will also become more attached....SIGH...makes me sad to think that I am not attached to them that much...

Have not taken many pics...so nothing to post up here...how about the rest???

Hi,Mandy

My MIL is kind of struggling with baby, especially the bathing and my FIL still continue his tea session with his friends so many a times my MIL handles baby herself.. over weekend my BIL told me my MIL leg very painful and need a unmbrella to support when they went for lunch
sad.gif
have to monitor abit but anyway, we are going to register for IFC for baby to go next march.

Oh ya, told you when we were at Springz place that I find your hubby familar right? is your familiar a teacher?

Hi, bAcon &amp; Egg

Can give me the link for the BP for those cubes? Later I PM you my H/p. I prob will go in afternnoon.. you all chionging in the morning huh?

Hi Ava,
Sorie to hear about the loss of your gd fren's wife. Actually i believe all Singaporeans are saddened by the tragic incident. I hope your fren will be strong for himself and the 2 familes.

You are looking for new job? I want to get a new job too. Sick and tired of my current job scope. hee.

Eversince i start work, i also find myself tired to look after Ryan also. And kinda feel very bad for not spending time with him. And he sort of knew it lor. At my ILs place, he behave ok but when come back hom, he'll want to be carried and latch very often also.

LC,
PM/Email me when u PM yr mobile. I only got the email contact of the spree organiser, can forward u her email addy.
happy.gif
Yes!! chionging in the morning...

Ava,
Sorry to hear abt your fren's loss..i read the news..v sad..hope the victim's hubby is coping well..

BB's Pics
Been posting on FB..too much trouble to post here..gotta resize (which i am not good at)
happy.gif

mummies going for the Fox sale.. ok I'll target to pump at in-laws at 11 plus... I can pick mummies from Kovan MRT say 12pm.. (Wing Tai is just around the corner)... anyone? sms/ call me ya..

Btw, was looking at the map Flos sent the link to - tks Flos! Qn - Is the entrance to Wing Tai along Tampines Rd or Valley Rd? Doesn't seem to have a road linked to the bldings, or it is my super poor map reading skills!

Back