(2008/09) Sep 2008

<font color="119911">Rock a bye baby – hah, that is the 1st song I sang to Kieran when he was born. Am still consistently singing it to him, together with other some silly songs from my days at Yamaha music school when I was a kid.

KymKym T (pebblez) – I guess it really is not easy living with the ILs. Like you said, absence makes the heart grow fonder. Just need to tahan abit more, since you are getting your keys to your own place soon!

l'l CY^^l'l CH (lilboymum) – baking mommies – count me in! in the space of last week, I made an apricot/wolfberry/cranberry bread and Coffee and cashew streusel cake.

Jewel box – Isabelle, made a booking for this weekend
happy.gif
need to spend some alone time with hubby also!</font>

<font size="+1">I have Ameda Dual Lactaline breast pump for sale at $260 (almost new condition, still under warranty) with free Clarins Stretch Mark Control Cream left 1/2 bottle. Anyone interested, please PM me for details. Thanks.</font>

sasa: malls are generally cleaner than wafer fab clean rooms though
happy.gif

qiuling/sasa: I will certainly set phone guidelines for her. I released her to buy groceries cos I hv little housework to assign to her. I dun want to see her klkk in front of me when I'm feeding or surfing the net.

yan: ah, mt faber...was it altivo bar last time?

lilboymom: paedophile is no better than bisexuals like oscar wilde...try DH lawrence! keke. HEy u hvn't answered my quesiton abt the flashcards. I want to go and buy the materials to buy the flashcards soon, but dunno what 'ang gong' to paint on the cardboards.

springz: oic, like some of my frens renovated their place like a mahjong den!

shazz: how come the intake for guniboy is so little now? I just upgrade to SIZE 3 teat today. A bit of fussing here and there by my tardy and lazy drinker but after tilting him upwards, he managed to finish his 150ml.

qiuling/sasa/jane: isaac's intake was a bit cranky ytd. He drank 210ml in one shot! weird...

kuishin bo is NOT the Jap 'marche-concept' place at the basement of raffles city rite? I love tonkichi. Ate there several time during my pregnancy. Now can only dine at food court, cos got a maid to tag along... last nite, we ate at Tong Luk...gotta get her a BK burger prior to our dinner at Tong Luk, so troublesome...

Qiuling, not sure why its cheaper cos went only once to the jurong point branch. Nice ambience, would love to go again if have chance!
happy.gif
but think would gain back the weight that i tried so hard to lose currently!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Flos, dunno abt that! Hubby brought me there last yr christmas time for a walk, but not for the food thou!
sad.gif
it sure looks good from the outside!

kuishinbo is not the same as raffles city one. thou both are serving delicious jap food, and also adds to my current weight!!

Isaac's milk intake so good! Mine hardly finishes her 100-110ml. wish she would drink more and faster gain weight. ytd weighed her, she's only 5.1kg. the clothes i bought in the BP for her are too big, seems like she can only fit into the 3-6mths clothes when she is 9-12months!!!!!!

Talking abt raffles city, i din know the MRT at raffles city was city hall???? abt 3 months ago wanted to bring my friends to the shokudo at raffles city basement, i brought them there by MRT and alighted at RAFFLES PLACE STATION!!! faint!

sasa

take ur time..afew days back carine was also drinking abt 90/100ml n last for 3hr+ too..no better liao...its just a phase..just make sure tt the cause is not theres wind inside the tummy...shes drinking abt 4/5feeds then ..total abt 400ml+ only

<font color="0000ff">Gunibabe
happy.gif
seems like their intake all about the same these days hor... sighz... Max has been sleeping thru the nite these days, so it's 1 meal less for him.

Flos
hehe.. agree!! but 1 thing i dun like is nursing rooms are always beside the toilet.. gosh.. imagine feeding n smelling those.. yucks!!

Wow... Isaac's intake is good... 210ml 1 shot?? that's an achievement manz... it's a growth spurt.. haha

Yan
Mine wont finish his milk too!! so these days maid will onli make 90ml for him, sighz.. haha.. u've been spree-ing too?? Me too!!! n i've been buying clothes of 12-18mths
happy.gif
haha... so huge hor. but Max is wearing clothes for 6 mths now lah.. should b ok when CNY comes i hope
happy.gif

Anyway, the clothes bigger better den smaller lah. den can last them longer wor since they outgrow so fast

Angeline Goh
wow.. thanks for sharing. Now I noe so many of u are in the same shoes as mi.. hhmm.. i do hope it's juz a phase. dun wan him to grow thinner n thinner.. haha.. i like his chubby cheeks!</font>

sasa, it happens that 1 of the clothes i bought reads 'baby's first christmas' and when i received it, was thinking how would she ever fit in during christmas time!! haha!! but ya, bigger better than buy liao cant fit in.

Angeline, wow, tempting sale!! love meiji chocolates!!! n hello panda biscuits! usually buy 1 big box of hello panda biscuits (24 pkts) from the wholesaler near my office. hehe!

Gunibabe,
happy.gif

My boy still drinking 150ml per feed..wonder if i need to up the ml? Definitely drinking interval lengthened from 3 hrs interval to 5-6 interval..but as long as he is growing, i am fine
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">Aiyoo.. today was abit slow in heating up EBM for my MIL to feed &amp; Zane was crying away till he choked &amp; cough &amp; he was tearing away! So heartpain! I really don't know if I can "fang xin" go back to work! And he only drank like 40ml &amp; stop!

Zane only drink like 100ml only..

Yan: Japanese food not so fattening lah! I feel its one of the more healthier food?? Keke.. I love Jap food especially Ichiban! The last time my friend brought me to Link hotel Jap buffet, it was quite good! The one at Jurong point also buffet style?</font>

<font color="119911">bacon&amp;egg (baconegg) - 150ml a feed? That is alot! K is still on 120ml per feed (final night feed), and 90ml for the middle of nite feed, other times he latches on.

Meanwhile, he has grown so chubby, i think i need to monitor his intake and make him exercise more (hence the swimming sessions). Any chubbier, he will really look like the fat China babies.</font>

storeberry, lol, i'm the kind that eat anything also gain weight one... like all the food wadever type is fattening to my body.
sad.gif
wish i got my hubby's body type, no matter wad he eat, and supper everyday also wun gain weight. btw, now i'm still 20.5kg heavier than him! SIGH!

flos
i love Lawrence!!! especially sons and lovers! and i read all the three editions of lady chatterly's!hahah..

o, btw, i emailed you instead leh. forgot it was a fb message...go check email
happy.gif

meiji sales
where's that?nothing to do with the recent milk scare hor????

<font color="0000ff">Angeline Goh
thanks for sharing on the sale... sob sob... onli on 6 &amp; 7??? aiyoh... i'll be bz with my boy.. no chance to go...
sad.gif
</font>

mummies who love jap food, Ichiban Boshi is under same management as Kuishinbo and this other atas Jap restaurant at Raffles City basement.

Lilboymum
Hubs and me wasn't sold by LNT yst!! Realised the contents will benefit slightly bigger children...maybe CY will enjoy better? For the younger babies class, it's mostly flashcards/music lessons..motor skills not even developed fully yet so I figured maybe start Charl on it when she is at least 6/9mths. In the meantime, will also like to check out other similar programmes offered in the market too. I was also thinking, if i start now, most likely she'll sleep thru the 1hr! Wldn't tat be a waste of my $$?!

bacon&amp;eggs: wow, kaiden is guzzling alot of milk like Isaac! GuniBoy is drinking 120-130ml per feed and only 150ml during his last feed of the day. Sometimes GuniBoy will not finish his 120 and only drink 90-100ml. Yesterday, he bullied his teachers at church, but drinking only 30ml, and he made them walk around while feeding! sigh ... wat a bully!

yan: my mum made the same mistake too when I asked her to meet me at Raffles City and she ended up at Raffles Place mrt! haha

Jap food: jap food can be fatterning if you take all the tempura and fried stuff! keke

<font color="ff0000">FOX Warehouse SALE
105 Tampines Rd
from SGD1.00 onwards
Date: 2nd to 14th December 2008
Time: 12pm to 7pm</font>

<font color="0000ff">to me this is worth to go...i went to the last one and stocked up quite alot of stuff..then recently i saw the same item i bought still selling in the store at regular price!!! Was abit difficult to find NB sizes previously...but now nonit to dig for NB size liao!! Mummies with toddlers(esp gal todds) will have loads to buy!!

Who wanna go?? I am definitely going tmr!!</font>

Ava: haha ok . must be me siao abt the gathering b4 that. Thats why see mommies like very excited wahaha.

Storeberry: Or shld i call u Dina? Haha. Aiyoo, ur situation is not new to me. Ryan also cry like the roof going to come down during his night feeds last time.
Cos last time my hubby will bottle feed him at nite. Ryan also cannot wait one. Now i go back to work, i'll nurse him at nite. But another prob comes. He knew day time i'm not with him, so he latch n latch and just dun wan to let go. In the end we fell asleep together haha.

sasa: 210ml is a one-off thingie. One shot meaning, 150ml, then he fussed, so added 30ml, gulped down, fussed some more, so added 30ml, drank and fell asleep.

On Fri, 150ml he drank at 8.30pm could last hm till 4.30am. 8 Hours! woowow...but wished it was 6.30am, rather than 4.30am...

I need to check with the PD this week whether it's a growth spurt. HIs face is SUPER ROUND now, really like a smiley face emoticon.
happy.gif

lilboymom: ok, arigato! Ill check my inbox. When it comes to infant ed, u r the guru, man!

i also read his lady chatterley's lover more than once...and women in love and sons &amp; lovers...keke
happy.gif

I flashed some monosyllabic Eric Carle boardbook pages at Isaac this morning. He wasn't too interested (though he did chuckle a little at the swiggly Caterpillar) as compared to those rhythmic narratives I read to him at the bookstore.

yan: I dun care abt my weight anymore. give up! I hv bought quite a no. of new clothes from Zara and MNG, all larger sizes, but I think I still look great in them all, despite the extra kilos! MUAHAHAHA! Also, despite still hovering in the 60's, SAs at the shops hv been 'lying' to me that I dun look like I just gave birth wor, which puzzles me...

Are u a Sept mommy? u said "seems like she can only fit into the 3-6mths clothes when she is 9-12months". Your DD is 9-12mths already?!

Isaac is wearing 12mths for some designs liao. For his CNY/Xmas outfit, I bought 12-18mths to be safe
happy.gif

MITTENS: When can we remove those smelly mittens? I can't seem to find nice mittens in Singapore.

Storeberry: your Zane's mittens are really nice wor...nvm, they dun need to don those covers in a couple of mths' time.

Bigtoes: Kieran has put on a lot of weight, like Isaac! But no, Kieran doesn't look like a China baby lah!! Those China babies will wear the 哪吒 hairstyle...

Angeline: Meiji sale. Got Ice-cream or not? I cannot find them in SG except Meiyida supermarket.

ahhhhhh sunrays sunrays tempting!!!!!

Flos - mahjong den sounds fun!!! haha! Btw, can check this forum which lilboymum posted before... http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/content/flash-cards-part-2-making-your-own since you can draw and paint (which many of us can't), can zoom in on the paper weight portion and size description. Other than that read somewhere that it is good to buy a laminating machine.. costs $30-40 bucks I think at Popular

Oh.. just went groceries shopping (coz sat couldn't!) Anyway, popped by popular bought an Eric Carle, a book on weaning, another on sleeping patterns and a tummy time book
happy.gif
Shauna is happily looking at the tummy time book.. not on her tummy la.. she was yelling when I put her there..

gunibabe.. er I think we spent 50k plus.. that was in 05/06.. but ID only provided manpower, specs/ design we shoved it to them haha.. I'm starting to see alot of wear and tear now.. sigh

Gunibabe: I am one such person who is always confused by Raffles City, City Hall and Raffles Place...I always alight at the wrong station...

Can we feed as we walk around? I've been quite lazy...I fed Isaac when he is in the bouncer!

shazz: this other atas Jap restaurant at Raffles City basement? What's the name? Is it the same as another Jap restaurant with a super long Q at the basement of Paragon (opp Spaggedies)??

sunrays: but does the sale carry Spring-Summer collection? I went to Fox a few times, but couldn't find anything suitable for the local climate.

hahaha i think i know what yan meant.. coz amelia is petite, she would only be able to fit 3-6 mths clothing when she is 9 months old.. is that what you meant?
happy.gif

whoa there are many hungry babies here heh.. i've just increased Shauna's from 140 to 150 EBM every 4 hrs. She's erratic sometimes guzzles it in few min.. yet other times takes forever.. (really) and leaves half of it... hmmm

Flos
the sale(if similar as the previous one) will carry all sorts of collection!! I managed to get rompers in normal cotton material too. But as always, bb gals will have more choices.

bot tis during the prev sale for like $8 or $10 i think...then i saw it 'reappear' in the stores for their fall collection at regular price!!
1938306.jpg

Flos, i'm now like a super fat woman lo. dun think i v fat until i look in the mirror everytime, the mirror or photos will give me a shock! ya, i'm sept mommy, my dd is really v small size leh... SIGH! lol, as springz decipher wad i'm trying to say, i meant that the 3-6mths sized clothes that i bought in BP seems like they can only fit her when she gets to 9-12mths old. hehe!

Springz, your house still looks V new!! i did mine in 09/05, and now, i wish i can change all my solid surface kitchen n vanity tops! cos its pure white and can see all the scratches &amp; stains! wouldnt get ppl to polish it cos it would be super duper dusty after that.

MRT - i only know how to take MRT from my office back home, and the bus from office back to my mum's place. lol!

Flos, the jap restaurant at raffles city basement (marche style) is called shokudo. if u are refering to that one.
happy.gif

CY/sasa

haha...for me the location is tooo far..so cant go..else would love to get the black chocolate..yumy.

flos

not sure lei..1st time i c meiji got these kind of sale..but i read the brochure tt they r trying to assure ppl tt their pdts are safe to eat..
sunrays

u got the voucher for the $5 off $60 purchase? i never went fox sale b4..any idea is it the 'wing tai' bldg?

mummies on breastfeeding,

can we do rebonding while we still BF? i cant stand my hair qiao here &amp; there, &amp; starting work soon so really wan to have a nice look b4 work start. any mummies done that?

<font color="ff0000">Xmas Gathering:

Sorry to be a pain, but mommies who have not paid &amp; send me your email addresses via PM so that I can mail you the map to our place, pls do so:

1)Preggieblues &amp; HB &amp; Bb
2) sunnysunny (sunnysunny) HB &amp; 2 kids
3) alabone (alabone) + HB + 3 kids
4) storeberry &amp; Zane &amp; hubby
5) sunrays,HB &amp; Charlotte
6) KymKym (Pebblez), HB &amp; Scarlett

Thanks
happy.gif
</font>

sunrays

its ok...i chk liao..its the same place as the g2000 sale etc..any mummies going 2morow? i maybe depending on whether i am lazy anot..haha..shd be going to kovan mrt then walk from there..

gunibb &amp; bigtoes,
yes my boy drinks 150ml per feed
happy.gif
but as the interval stretches longer..i supposed it is the same as other bbs who are drinking below 150ml.

My boy is coming to 3mths liao and is drinking 80-120ml per feed. I latch him in the day, so i'm not very sure how much i'm producing exactly. But i realise i produce more at mid nite and early morning. BTW, if ur bb latches on at 10am and finishes by 1030am. Based on 3hr feed, should he be crying for milk at 1pm or 130pm ?

Sunrays,
My boy is oso not very interested when i read to him nursery books and flash cards, so now i'm oso q lazy to go into the routine.

Hi li (piggi),

I rebonded my hair not long ago and am breastfeeding. i told my hairstylist that i am breastfeeding so he applied the chemical 2 inches away from my scalp. My sis checked with her gynae on this too, she says it's ok to rebond.
happy.gif
so should be ok.

<font color="0077aa">Mandy: I would like to hide behind storeberry for a while more!

Bacon&amp;egg: I want to color my hair! But am Bf-ing now so gotta tahan...
sad.gif

Speaking of Jap food, my stomach is growling now!

Sunrays: I would love to go FOX sale cos I like their baby's clothes! Tampines rd is the one at hougang or its at Tampines??

Thanks flos! Know you aiming at his nice mittens!! Its hand me down, don't know where my SIL got it from, i shall ask her! Yah, am airing Zane's hands in the day now.

Limay: Opps! I forgot about it, I will transfer tonight!</font>

Hi, Mummies

Those who are entitled to the 4th month maternity leave, any idea by when do we need to take finish the 4 additional weeks?

sunrays!
thanks for the info! my off day tmr, am defintely going down then!!!

wait, this tampines road is hougang right?

haiz, but i wont have the car tmr...

Angeline: but Meiji's factory in in southern china, that's how I got hooked to their ice-cream sticks. SarahMay shd be able to get them in Macau Yaohan, if they are cleared by the local health authorities. Best to check if it's MADE IN JAPAN or other countries apart from PRC.

yan: OIC!!! thanks springz for the clarification. Me blur...

I want to know the name of the Jap restaurant at Paragon basement. Super long Q one.

sunrays: Not just the girls' stuffs, I do think their boys' collection are very nice too!! I dun want fleece/hoods/longsleeves (I've too many)/overalls/longpants, etc. Just simple short-sleeved cotton tees and shorts
happy.gif

lilboymom: I didn't get your email. Did u send to my FB inbox or PM-ed me?

Springz: tks for the kiasuparents link! I notice that not everything can be painted. Some need to be in photograph form. Not sure abt laminating the cards. It's going to be costly even if I hv the machine.

flos
i replied a message on my email..o dear. will go check again..

it;s near the old hougnag interchange. very hougangish. or uper serangoon. where the midnight curry is.somewhere near the nursery if im not wrong.

mandy, u mean dawn yang the plastic-surgeried girl?

outgrowing clothes
i like my bb to wear fitting clothes but that also means she outgrows them v fast! so sayang, all the $ spent.

storing old bb clothes
how to store so that they will still be clean and decent when we unwrap them in a year or two for next baby?

lilboymom: near to the nursery? I dun recall seeing FOX warehouse there.

dseptkon: absolutely!

xuanting: Did u get sizes for all stages? I got maid to wash and iron and fold them neatly and put them in laundry bags. You can also put them in those vacuum storage bags. That's how we store our winter clothing too.

thanks mummies for the feedback!

I'm aso abit worried doing rebonding but really cant stand my hair leh cos now really look like a sam bat po! guess mayb will follow milk family &amp; ask the stylist applied the chemical further away.

Back