(2008/08) Aug 2008

YLN,
If she has the ulcer in her mouth, you can give her ice cream. ice cream contains some milk, so she will have something. That's what we fed my niece when she had HFMD twice! And since its cold, they will not feel the pain.

Hello everyone,
Long time no log in. Stressful period for me since Adel's accident.

Today he went for second surgery. Unfortunately the graft they did din take well at the thigh and more than half had been eaten up by bateria. So the wound that was supposed to be covered by the skin is now an exposed wound. Sigh... that means more visits to KK and more traumatic experience for him. We have done all we could, but it still din work. At a loss at what could have been done better.

Most of the other parts have healed already. Now it is left with the open wound to heal. Hopefully no more infection. He has been active so far, just that in the middle of the night, it is itchy and he wants to scratch. I slp for about 3 hours dailt now, cause he wants to be carried at about 3 plus to 5 , and I am off to sch at about 630. Sigh... really dunno how long i can take this. Try not to give him medicine for itch and pain, but end up, both of us also suffer.

Rona,
Adel on Augmentin also. Hope your kids get well soon.

Yln,
Kaer will get better de, you take care too k ?

morning morning.
hope all the sick mummies and babies recovers soon.

rona
no lah, my #1 learning ballet and drawing.
ya, when they reach pri 1 then not much time for eca liao.

m2b
我失声了...ha ha...
can imagine yesterday i went into a mtg w/o voice?

mummynana
ya lor, and i haven pay u for that also...
when can meet up?
i'll be busy till late may leh, unless sat u dun mind go united sq? =P

happy_mummy
just awhile more, hang in there.
adel is a brave boy, hope he recovers soon.

hi mummies

happymummy
thanks..u take care too..i cannot imagine if i had to go thru whatever u r going thru..u r very strong liao...can feel for u as u also dunno how to make adel better quickly...i think more hugs and kisses would be good
happy.gif
kaer is ok liao...lucky no more vomiting...only a slight cough...phew

rona
kaer dun like to eat ice cream leh..she see ice cream.. she will run away..

krex
lucky now she eating again..otherwise..i will be so stressed...at work..already so much headache...

YLN..hope kaer get well soon.
happy.gif

happymummy.. agree with YLN, u r very strong liao. it hav been tough for u n ur family.
sad.gif

im down with a flu also.. think many ppl down recently due to the weather!
sad.gif

HappyMummy,
Lotsa hugs and kisses to Adel and you...you must try to grab as much rest as possible so you can take good care of Adel who needs you most now...hope his wound heals real real fast this time round...take care!

YLN,
Glad that Kaer is ok now...work is never ending...hiaz

Hi 5! Mae doesn't really like ice-cream too!

Snow,
Throat infection? Hahaha, good lah, then go meeting no need talk, can day dream heehee

Sayang happymummy n adel, hope adel recovers fast fast. It's so tough for you since you can't take leave n have to sleep so little everyday. Take care of yourself too cos you have to be there for adel. Really heartpain that you n bb have to go through this ordeal. Stay strong!!

So many children and adults sick .... going hospital like a common thing.

Kai oso just came back from a day at KKH cos he fell down and then started vomitting for >6 times .... so had to bring him in on Sun nite .... was there until yesterday that he got discharged.

Now he's oso resting at home.

Me oso still down with cough, blocked nose ... *sigh ... weather is bad.

Happymummy,
Hope Adel will recover well. Take care ... it''s not easy. When I was sending Kai to KKH, i was oso vv sad .... got quite emo .... cos dunno where he knocked and why keep vomitting.
But told myself i got to be brave and strong for him ...

Do try to get some sleep ... get help ok? else not enough rest will get more grouchy and emo.

YLN,
Get well soon Kaer! and build up her immunity i suppose ....
Kai oso had been coughing for months liao ...

All mommies and kiddos take care!
Me haven''t been posting cos damn busy at work, plus me sick, kids sick .....

Rona,Snow,MTB,
My #1 only likes to play ... and read la (my consolation).
Everything to him is train .... he loves train.
He used to say he wants to be a dentist ... and one day he said he wanted to be a train driver *faint.

Kai ..... dunno yet but recently he picked up the word "Kalong GuNi"" from my #1 .... and i told #1 not to keep repeating that word ... of all words rite?

oh..shoud i worry? Braiden speech is real slow.. can only say CAR and UP (besides ah pa, ah ma) thats ALL.. i read that many of the kiddos has already started to form sentences!

nini,
yu ze also can't form sentences. he only say single word, repeat word. his speech does improves with him going to cc. he can say car, papa, byebye, elmo, school bus, take out, open, 不要, 我要. can only remember all these now.

celynlee, yuze is doing very well already! i tink Braiden lacks behind his peers alot. hmm... The cc still waiting list in June.. Really hope he can speak more words soon.

m2b
they dun want me to talk also, cos my "shout" sounded awful...ha ha...ya ya, look serious but daydream inside. =P

shint
boys more active de lah, later when they understand the need to study properly they will catch up de.

oh oh...but what did the pd said about the vomitting after the fall?

ha ha....another "monkey see, monkey do". >D
both my gals also like that, then #1 will tell me she is monkey do and mei mei is monkey see.
faint rite? -_-"
btw, is ur boy's voice similar?
cos sometime i dunno who is calling me from their room leh.... =X

celyn
it is very normal at their stage to say "i dun want".....i remember last time i went into #1 class, all the toddlers inside all shouting "i dun want"...ha ha...can imagine?
looks messy, but cute lor.

nini
dun worry too much, as long as they can talk.
most boys dun talk alot de. =)

snow,

i agree. J loves to say "no" these days and he says it really funnily...sounds like "ngoh", haha. he only says "yes" when he really really wants something, like fruits or rice!

celyn,

do u speak to yu ze in mandarin? me trying to teach J. he can only say "ke" for shell. even his "hua" for flower sounds like "fwah". die, dunno how this boy is going to survive chinese classes next time!

Hello,
Thanks for all your comforting words. I am ok, now that we have a medicine to allow him to sleep better at night. I really dun want to feed, but no choice. The wounds get itchy and he keeps turning and tossing.

Adel also says no no no nowadays. And he says boom boom, can't even say car. He is slow too. Plus he only stays at home now, so the interaction with the outside world is zero. Hope he catches up later.

Ever since accident, he is very demanding liao. Want to be carried and then direct us to carry him where he wants. Piangzzz... now new pattern is to take my hand and scratch his leg for him !! Terrible boy ! I give him cause he injured nia , when he is well, he better watch out !! hahahaa !

Shint,
sorry to hear about Kai. Lucky he is ok now. Hospital stay is really terrifying for the kids. Did he cry when he saw the nurses?

snow74,
hahah... yah, now everything is 不要 with head shaking. yesterday, he came back with a 'love bite' on his hand given by his classmate cos he snatch the girl's toy so that girl bite him. teacher make them say sorry and hug. he came back, we also sort of scold him about it.

happy mummy,
sayang, its like that lah. when they are not well, we tend to give in to them loh. though yu ze is not sick but cos with baby around, i also tend to give in more to him now.

krex78,
i speak to him in both language. hubby speak to him in mandarin.

Happymummy,
Sorry! I didn't know what happened to Adel, but it sounds quite serious. However, from the sound of it, he is on the mend thanks to his loving, supportive and super caring mummy! Way to go! I wish Adel speedy recovery so you can have your needful rest.

Celyn, Nini,
Kai used to say Go!Go!Go! Now he'll say "Go where" "Go where" .. cos we always ask him "Go where?" when he cries Go!Go! and he learnt now to say Go Where ....
Kai never say Yes, he always say NO! and then turn his head away with attitude. He oso says dun wan ...

Nini,
I think go CC does help cos they have to learn to talk to communicate and there are alot older kids in their group, so they learn from them faster. Dun worry too much.

Krex,
Kai seems better with mandarin though. He can say FengZhen (Kite) and XiaoXin(Careful) when the teacher told the other kids to be careful. Generally he imitates our speech quite alot nowadays. getting too noisy too.

Snow,
Their voice not the same yet ... Kai more man .. #1 more sharp (too loud).

Happymummy,
Thanks. He's fine now .... no more vomitting since Mon liaoz. He rested home today and vv fine except his cough still there ...
Kai oso demanding at hospital ... so i give in .. cos he poor thing ma. But he not scared of the nurse, only give his attitude look. not friendly one.

Recently, Kai had alot of minor accidents.
1. He got bitten by a gal in class too - i say he so big size still kenna bitten by a younger and smaller toddler on his hand.
2. He fell down on his forehead while lugging his trolley schoolbag down the slope - A big bruise and bump on his forehead. *Mommy was trying to manage #1.
3. He bruise his big toe nail and alot of blood clot still there....
4. He fell in the toilet and chipped his front teeth, bled with alot of blood. *Mommy was bathing and maid was trying to shower #1.
5. He fell and hurt his hand before it caused the vomitting saga. *Mommy was taking care of #1 while daddy was watching him .... can we trust the man? *sigh.
Hope he'll be fine and no more accidents.

Rona,
He vomitted 6 times at home. Went to hospital, while waiting, vomitted. See the doc, vomitted. Drank the glucose water then vomitted again and another time before we checked in to the room. After I gave him milk, he vomitted then he asked for water, i gave some and he vomitted all of it ... Finally, nurse said not to give him anything .... and if give, give only like 15ml and slowly increase.
The diagnosis is nothing to do with the fall -- they say it was stomach flu and treated it as that. Regardless of how they treat, he got well and now no more vomitting.
Personally I feel that it has to do with the fall cos prior to that, he was perfectly fine.

Me had been sick too(whole family sick oso) and so busy with work that I almost din post. No updates on my fb nor my blog ... *sianz ...
Mostly if got time only manages to speed read posts on the latest only ... How I miss my not so busy time ... now just finished with some work and squeeze some time to read and post before I KO. nite nite mommies.

morning mummies

shint,
i don't know if i'm over sensitive or what. somehow, i do feel that yu ze keep falling down or keep having off balance just that he never vomit or anything.

morning mummies =)

krex and celyn
zynn's version is "no wan"...ha ha... >D
last nite she replied me "这个no wan", sweat lor.
gotta fast fast correct her, else next time she is another singlish queen liao. =P

celyn & shint
yu ze and kai handsome boy leh, no wonder gals wanna "chop" them 1st by giving luv bites lah...ha ha...

zynn also keep falling leh, not normal meh? -_-"
twice fell till got blood come out of her mouth, but after that she looks ok i also din do anything le.
cos i thought last time we also keep falling down, knock here knock there my mum also din do anything de... =X
but if vomitted, need to observe lah.

snow74,
hahah.... the love bite is quite deep loh. first day came back, still a bit swollen. haha.... now still got the teeth mark. think about it, i should take a photo and show it to him in future. :p

don't know if falling down is normal or not cos he can walk and walk then suddenly fall without tripping on anything loh. but like you say, as long as no vomit i just leave it too.

celyn
dun worry lah, that time zynn bite me till blue-black also recover liao....hee hee...
ya, should show him...now still have the mark rite?

they cannot balance properly now de rite?
cos zynn also flat flat floor walk walk fall down, no water and not oily. -_-"

Good Morning Mommies!

NiNi,
Dun have to worry abt Braiden's development...think he will start to talk more after gg school
happy.gif
If you are really worried, you can go see Braiden's PD and he will probably refer you to a speech therapist after 2yo...I personally dun think it is necessary as they will learn to talk sooner or later
happy.gif

Snow,
Feeling better?
happy.gif

My coll who goes gym with me came to me this morning and said "No gym today. We go eat lunch." hahaha, she said her legs gonna break liao...last week, I went 4x and my colls said I really siao liao...

Talking abt Zynn, did your hb told you that Zynn kept hugging Mae from behind last Sat? hahaha Then 1 incident, both fell down =P

Happymummy,
Did Adel says "Boomz Boomz" hahahaha
Hope Adel gets well soon!
happy.gif

m2b
ha ha...go and have a good lunch today lah. =)

ya lor ya lor, what happen har?
heard that both noah and her knock directly head to head also...ha ha...she reach home with a blue-back on her forehead. >D

shint,

J can speak tons in english but only manage 1 word in chinese...so pathetic lor! and i'm quite reluctant to ask my MIL to speak to him in mandarin becoz her accent all off one, haha. can only show him chinese video flashcards or songs and hope he learns from there. he understands certain terms, but just can't say it.

celyn,

on the contrary, J is very careful when he walks/ runs. so far only fall down at home but nothing major. we're keeping our fingers crossed that he won't have any major fall when outside, esp on rough roads. we've recently packed a first aid box for him just in case though.

Mummy kakis from last year... who needs party supplies for this year? I wanna do a quick gauge before I order - by early may...

Snow,
Back from lunch
happy.gif

Drinking bubble tea now heehee
Oh, that's an accident...you know Noah is quite active in class and moving ard...dun you think Noah always have accidents every week? heehee

m2b
ya...noah the casanova....ha ha....
but why naughty zynn keep hugging mae?
she really like to play with mae leh, think she dunno she is disturbing classmate while lesson is on....ha ha.... >D

morning mummies

yu ze keep waking up at night now, like following mine's pumping schedule. how huh? or is it cos he sleeps with me thus become like that? when cl leave, i need to pump and feed baby at the same time can't handle yu ze leh if he still continue to wake up like that.

morning mummies.

those who deliver at TMC, any good PD to recommend? As my sil will be delivering there so will like to know which PD is good to choose for her after delivery check. TIA

celyn,

tot yu ze sleeps in his own room? how come sleep with u now? J also recently keep on waking up at nite. for the past 2 nites, we've had to bring him into our room to sleep on our bed. he's very "teh" these days!

krex78,
yes, he sleep in his room but will wake up in the night, carry his big pillow, walk over my room, climb up my bed to sleep with me. he had been doing this since feb. he has been very teh too, could be cos of mei mei. he feel insecure, lost of 'di wei' bah. also cos he just started cc then and had been sick so i let him sleep with me loh. usually came over to my room at 3am but these 2 days, he came over at 12midnight.

celyn,

haha, i can imagine one day when meimei can walk...u'll find both kids walking to your bed in the middle of the night...need to buy king size bed liao :p

krex78,
i hope that this day won't come leh. hehehe.... now yu ze take over hubby's side of the bed and refuse to let him sleep with us. hubby got to sleep on the floor in yu ze's room. :p

Celyn,
Last time K was sick, so let him sleep with me...1 week become 1 month, 1 month become 3 months, 3 months become.....until now PR already. Cannot extradite liao :p

celyn,

aiyoh, how can u let your son do that? :p thankfully, J is ok sleeping in bet. both of us. i think he enjoys being the "centre of attention" and amazingly, he will sleep soundly thru till 7.30am when we're ready to leave. we even have to wake him up from sleep. in his own room, he usually wakes up by himself at around 6.40am when we're having our brekkie, which can be quite a pain.

krex78,
he will fuss if hubby sleep with us loh. so hubby let him sleep with me loh if not all of us won't get to sleep and rest. yu ze will fall asleep almost immediately when he come over to my room.

celyn,
Kai's fall not the normal fall down. He really slipped ... like those u see in movie that the slipped on banana skin like that ... vv drama kind.
But I saw that he fell down on his elbow first and never knock head leh.
It's becos the floor is the slippery kind lor.
So far he had been ok but did vomit once today cos I think he drank too much water before dinner and he merlioned during dinner. He managed to eat some dinner though.

Snow,
Wah , Zynn is Bi-lingual ah ... so clever eh.
Kai only kenna bite hand. My #1 last time kenna bite on his cheek! largi better.

Krex,
J vv good leh, can speak lots of words.
For Kai, I hardly read for him and he only watches those shows that my #1 watches ... no chance to watch his own programme.
Only sometimes #1 allows him to watch his favourite Pocoyo.
Rough roads. Recently Kai fell on his forehead quite hard cos he was running down the slope with his trolley school bag.
Almost bled ... heng he din else i sure panick. Next day teacher was like ... wah, so big blue black and briuse.

Celyn, Yuuri, Krex,
Regading Co-sleeping. Dun scare u all hor. Today i spoke to one colleague, she said her kids had been sleeping in her room until now and they are oredi in Sec 1 & Primary 4! I almost fainted.
Me only allow #1 to come over to lie til he sleeps and told him I'd carry him back to his bed. Also, we gave him a vv comfortable bed that sometimes he dun wan to sleep on my bed,he says his bed more comfortable. Says my bed too squeezy for him also. heheee. Good trick? ;)
Better do some planning first hor ... sec 1 is a long way manz ... kekekeke.

morning mummies.
yes, its friday! ;)

shint
i'm not too positive about mixing the use of languages leh, cos later she might got used to it if we allow her to mix use of languages when she is still so young lor. =P

oh...that gal must be firece...ha ha....
but lucky it did not leave bahind and bite mark on quan's face ya? -_-"

dun scare me leh, i'm still trying to find a way to kick #1 out of my bed.
she has been sleeping with me since zynn is born.
if kick her into zynn's room, i scared she will be a bad influence as she can't get to sleep easily type lor.... =(

snow,

so both your gals sleep with u? got space ah?

shint,

thankfully, J slept in his own bed last night. woke up for a little while but managed to put him back to sleep in his own bed. as standard practice, we always put him to sleep in his own room. only when he wakes up it can be a bit of trouble coz' if he refuses to sleep, we have no choice but to bring him to our room. else the maid will not be able to rest well.

i think i have my MIL to thank, coz' she speaks to him, reads to him and also let him watch those edu DVDs. i think he learns mostly thru interactions with the adults. but since none of us speak to him in mandarin, he's quite crappy with it lor. even his accents sound funny, haha.

Back