(2008/08) Aug 2008

2073809.jpg
2073810.jpg

anybody's bb start to scream n screech like all the time?? i think im going deaf. n v pai seh when we're out...disturbing others :p evie's screams r like super high pitched...my ear drums bust liao!

now i just leave her in walker to roam the house..she will always end up at the tv console n try to press all the buttons on the dvd player/ SCV box etc. my hubby hook up the tv w a CPU for me to surf web while looking after evie in the living room. but i swear shes attracted to the CPU on/off button thats big n blue..seems to keep wanting to poke it.

think i must get some sort of cover for the console liao. now shes staring at my keyboard.

interrace:
hah..i didnt know got mummies living this area here too..thot like alot from east side...maybe we can have a bt panjang meet-up sometime.

i can offer my place if a few mummies living nearby wanna meet...
happy.gif
c how la.

think evie bored liao..gotta go pick her up

cat:
ya..i must send my hb go learn from urs how to feed bb ..hehe

siesta,
keri is so cute... now i feel even more upset with hb for making me miss the shoot yesterday

mulberry,
ya my hb very neat type .. dont like messiness. so even he feed also make sure bernice very clean. hahaha.

gayle,
yes bernice is doing the super high pitched screams too.. think it amuses her to make such sound. that day i brought her to the taka glassware and told her she failed in breaking anything so try higher pitch next time. hahaha. Sometimes really drives me abit nuts.

Bernice now also likes to touch everything. when i carry her and sit down on the laptop she will stretch to touch the keypad. that day at ikea she dragged a rack of towels down. so now must be very careful when bringing her out. btw I never eat crabs when I was pregnant. hahaha

Hi Mousse..

That's the thing. My boy doesn't really take to the pacifier. We've tried.. sometimes he takes to it, which is seldom and more often than not, he rejects it. We've tried various types of pacifiers as well.. and I guess.. he just really prefers the boob to the dummy.

Thanks Coolsnow..

We have the sarong as well and he will sleep a max of 30mins in it.. and he needs to be rocked back to sleep each time he stirs.. and he is one super super light sleeper. So basically, if he is in the sarong, I need to be on standby in case he stirs!

He has a beansprout pillow and bolster (which we would place between his legs when he sleeps at night). I've tried patting him to sleep and gosh.. he'd rather just fuss and cry!

Hi Celynlee..

How long do you let your baby cry before picking him up? My boy has cried beyond 30minutes before and tho he is obviously tired.. he just wouldn't allow himself to calm down and sleep. He'd rather cry!

Last week what I did was as soon as I found him dozing off at the breast, I'd carefully place him down on the mattress. When he does continue sleeping, he'd sleep only a max of 30-35 mins before waking up (I think wanting to find my boob again.. haha..). And since no boob.. he'd wake up.

This week has been rather difficult.. sigh..

catherine,
do u mean that u add 3 tablespoon of FM powder to the cereal not just 3 tablespoon of FM right? then how much water to add to the cereal? hmm..not sure if u get what i meant. :p

wendy,
i will let him cry for 5 mins - 10 mins depending on whether i can tahan his cry or not. also when i put him down, i will tell him softly in his ear that i'm putting him down to sleep. even when i walk out of the room, i will also tell him. don't want him to think that i'm leaving him alone.

Catherine,

Dont feel upset. u can always go on Friday. Go earlier so that you can beat the crowd. But it's really worth it.

M2b,
thanks, actually....alot of them know i am back liao tat;s y no welcome back, hehe. all contacted me thru sms or msn
how's yr prep 4 LNY, got teach mae how to "gongxi" mine still dun want lei.

mousse,
yrs sounds cool too! i was very indecisive about the trip n yes hubby made me do it n booked everything.
God ans my prayer n i saw snow in paris on my first day there. only snow for 1hr for me to see.( first time see snow ) apparently my friend told me it is snowing there everyday now.

8.8kg BELLY gd liao lei
happy.gif
mine born end july ma
bb still have ezecma tat didn;t go away so pd sugg to do the test b4 starting solids. i jus read up about egg allergy........now i am very upset liao. she can;t take flu jabs or flu meds so pd told me to avoid pp who r down with flu as a result. then i jus saw the whole list of food to avoid!!!!!!! she can;t even go thru sedation or take anaestathic jabs if she give birth next time. some kids outgrow this allergy at 5-7yrs old. some it will stay for life. i am praying tat it;ll go away by 1yrs old or 2yrs old max
sad.gif

mul,
char = kate moss type
geor = kate winslet
haha. dun dare to think. but pp keep coming up to me to say my bb is very cute n always ask me girl or boy even if i let her wear pink in a pink stroller!!!!! jia lat

Twinstars, Jen, Catherine,
The deadline to utilise the shoot had been extended to 31 May oso.

The shoot you can get around "150 pic as long as u choose the correct or perfect time for your kids, usually will take abt 150 pic or more "
Most impt is that they give back HIGH RESOLUTION pics (approx 150 or more).
For 4R prints, you can send in to any shop for 20cents each for 100 pcs at least. Bigger prints, can use normal Epson/Canon printer to print ...
I’ve a link for coffebook prints – quite cheap compared to getting from studios.

Special Photo Package by dphotofolio
dphotofoilo
http://www.dphotofolio.com/bbportfolio.html

Business thread
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/450761/942955.html?1187925649

Studio Photography Package - $200 (u/p: $350)
~ 1 hour session
~ no print given
~ return ALL original photo (high res file) in DVD

Term & Condition:
~ this special package price valid only with minimum at least 10 persons to sign up by 15 Jan 09 with 50% of confirmation deposit
~ valid for 3mths time

Remarks:
1) No extra charge for shooting together with parent, kids grandparent or sibling of baby.
2) Any other family member except in point 1, additional charge @ $15/pax. However, this is not applicable to use for two families in one package.
3) Strictly no solo/individual shots for adults.
4) Each package, FREE use of 2 set normal costume for kids age 2yo & below.
5) Animal costume for rent @ $25/set or $40/2set for bb age between 6-12mth old, depending on their size.
6) Makeup+hairdo @ $80/pax, if any
7) Not allowed to add on with extra hour
8) Photo print will charge based on ala carte price, or upgrade the package to top up the price.
9) Strictly by advance booking of shooting appointment.

- provide props to use together with photo taking. However, welcome to bring along own props and fav stuffs to add as extra props.

anyone interested with this package??
1. ruixuan
2. Shint
3. celynlee
4. megan
5. linx
6. keri
7. Ruixuan
8. Mandy (happymum1010)
9. coolsnow
10. Sarah (Shint’s contact)

Good news. We've hit 10 slots. If we can get 15 slots, they will give either 2 x 5R photo print or 1 8R with frame.

Quick Quick sign up! If can we try to get 15 signups.

For those confirmed, can start to transfer $$ liao.

Ruixuan,
Pls provide your account #? Or are u too busy to do so now that SL is sick? Let me know, I can help to coordinate if need to.

Wendy,
You must be tired out…I think you can try to be persistent and when bb goes into deep sleep, put him down on the bed…no joke carrying for 3hours…

Coolsnow,
Haha, Mae likes the Pigeon round round biscuits which melt in the mouth type…yap, start with plain porridge 1st and then start adding 1 type of vege at a time for 3 days to see any allergy…so far, her solid intake hasn’t substitute 1 meal yet but soon…coz my mom said she can finish almost 1 small bowl liao…

Mulberry,
Yap, the bib is good coz it covered the clothings liao…hehe

Siesta,
The pics look nice! Your gal is cute!

Gayle & Catherine,
Mae also likes to touch this and that and my mom also accord it to me eating crabs when preggie…hiaz

Catherine,
Bernice is enjoying her cereal…

Twin Stars,
Mae receive her 1st angbao for CNY yday from my mom’s friend…hahaha
Never teach Mae to gongxi gongxi though…she knows how to shake hand and hi-5…hahaha
Dun fret, I also have people asking me whether Mae is gal/boy although she is in skirts and wearing a hairband!

mulberry, ya loh..still seep thru and her top will be wet..moreover white colour difficult to wash until clean clean..esp kena apple puree...i think the type M2B n krmeow buy one better...think i will go down and get today liao..i think my house now full of bibs liao..1 meal have to put 2 bibs imagine how many bibs i have to use...haha

missysz, not sure whether I can help..if I'm feeding my gal cereals slightly earlier than her usual milk feed, i will use 1/4 portion of her milk to mix with cereals and spoon feed her then the rest of the milk i will feed her after ard 1hr after her cereals

Missyz,
no I add 3 tbsp of formula MILK to 1 tbsp of cereal. isnt it suppose to be like sticky sticky gooey form and feed ?

siesta,
problem is bernice got kindermusik at 3pm, so i dont want to tire her out for the shoot.

twinstar,
u mean allergic to eggs cannot take flu jab ? take flu med, cannot take anaestatic jab ?

Catherine,

You are right. It is very tiring for the babies.. Baby Keri was so fascinated and excited by the actions and happenings at the studio that she was literally jumping up and down on my legs!! By the end of the 1 hour photo shoot, she was so tired and fell asleep the moment we step in the car.

I am also interested to bring baby keri for a trial session at kindermusik. didnt manage to join you mummies the last time round. Do you think they are abit young for that? I am afraid my baby keri cannot concentrate. She gets distracted easily by her surroundings.

littletwinstar: wow..ur gal is sooo chubby!
happy.gif
hey envy u so much can go travel anytime! so good life!
happy.gif
Where u did the allergy test?? i also dun wanna start solid too early cos braiden hv sensitive skin like me..

wendy: my boy also like that, he is used to being carried to sleep. Sometimes he latch-on then fell asleep or sometimes i carried him n pat pat him to sleep... Then put him on the bed. But he will scream/cry if he haven't totally drift off to sleep yet.. very pampered *sigh*. My hubby sometimes blame me for pampering him till like that, but i think sometimes i hv no choice la.. jus wan to quickly put him to sleep so i hv sometime of my own.

missysz,
my babysitter will feed porridge then about 1 hour later still feed milk but its about 3/4 amount of his usual feed.

yesterday was his first meal and first time, he slept through till 6.30am. he sleeps at around 8pm then i feed him in his sleep at 12am. he fuss a bit at around 3/4am, i just give him pacifier and he continue to sleep to this morning. hopefully, it will stay this way or better still skip the pacifier part at 3/4am. 'praying hard'

M2B..

Yes.. can be very tiring and at times frustrating even. I guess for him, just have to be patient and persistent.

Nini..

I know what you mean. Esp at night, when I'm already totally exhausted and sometimes famished, I put him down before he is 'ready' to be put down.. only to go back to the cot and pick him up again 10 mins later.

To top it all off.. my boy is a heavy duty boy.. passing the 9kg mark already! Possibly 9.5kg by now. PD says that I cannot feed him solids yet cos of his weight! Haha..

missysz, u giving BM or FM? I giving FM so if i feed cereal first before milk feed, i will keep her milk feed warm....alternatively u may wanna give milk feed first..then wait for ard 1hr later then give cereals...there's no right or wrong how or when to give...so long it's a enjoyable eating session for ur bb..

Starting on Solids:
PD advised us not to start Adel on solids because of his sensitive skin until about 6 months, but I really going to breakdown soon cause Adel wakes up every 2 hours to drink at night. Doesn't matter how much i feed him, he just won't drink anymore if he is full and that is usually about 125 ml at his last feed... luckily now I am not working yet, when I start school dunno how liao...

Down with flu together with hubby. Put Adel in mum's place just in case he gets the bug and will make everything worse.

Siesta:
I haven't got the photos yet leh... when did you get yours?

Sylvia,
No worries, the LV bag not so urgent cause am thinking of going to melbourne this june so will have to save up anyway... really forward to go there cause want to bring Adel there during winter.

Celyn:
Thanks for responding to the HT orders. But so far only you and I order, so may not go through. Anyone else interested ?

Solids.
So far not advisable leh ... even Gain IQ personnel called me to offer free sample. I asked her and she oso said not advisable cos WHO says one. I am holding on to feed him solids for now.

shint,
yah WHO say after 6 months then start solid. even my dietician and pd tell me that. but hoh, my greedy yu ze can't wait leh. so got to start him loh. then my mum complaint why i start solid so late, should start after 4 months. my babysitter also wanted to start yu ze at 4 months but we stop her then. different people got different ideas.

happy_mummy,
oh. see how loh. if can't then no choice.
happy.gif
you are sick then is it good for us to still go your place on sat? you sick liao still got to make you busy for us.

HwaXia .... Kai so big still ok to go? i mean his size ....

Brought Kai for his first swim over the weekend at a private public pool with Happy_mummy's little Adel ... but rather unsuccessful cos his neck is too fat for the float leh it seems.

Kai cried quite a fair bit, perhaps the water was a little cold and oso my #1 spraying water on his face! *faintz.

catherine/gayle,

my boy been screaming his head off the past few weeks liao.went xmas gathering he was the youngest and smallest but the loudest and noisest.

gathering at gayle hse for bt panjang/cck/hillview..i dun mind...very near for me wor...

re : baby weight
wa..all the babies so chubby ah ..think my boy just weighing abt 6kg nia ba..very small built..just like his mommy..
sad.gif

re : sleeping method.
so far been letting my boy sleep in sarong during day and baby cot at nite..no problem so far ba..*touchwood*
he din wake up for nite feed since 4mths old...that explain why he so small size ba..rather sleep than wake for feeds.
sad.gif

Celyn:
No worries, still have time to recuperate... that's why just stay at home and zzzzzzzz..... and ordered food liao, if cancel have to pay 50%, super bo hua... dun worry, we dun want to get Adel and the rest of the babies infected also.

Shint:
Have not uploaded the pics yet... will do that soon and inform you..
Will not be joining the photoshoot, think I want to wait for Adel to be a bit older. Yesterday's photoshoot is quite enough liao =)

shint,
i think kai might be too big for hwa xia liao.

see if got chance that we can go swimming together then maybe you can let kai try the float that i bought for yu ze from mothercare. he will sit on the float and not place on the neck. or i can just lend it to you when you want to go but you must come my place to take loh. usually we will bring yu ze for swim in the morning on weekends.

maybe i can sell off my current one lor .. sianz. First time use only.
How much you bought yours? and got pic?
Kai too heavy not? scarly drop off the float ...haha .. or sink it.

Little twin stars,
Did you have the allergy test done at the PD? My son also has eczema (cos I've asthma.. so apparently baby will be more prone to eczema). Maybe I should ask the PD about this test as well when we go for his next jab early next month.

happy_mummy,

U going to Melbourne in June? The weather there's quite gd. BTW, think there's promo on SQ flights starting $798 but tink must travel by Mar.

little twin stars,
welcome back! Must hv been a great holiday for u. haiz.. better than my hubby who didn't say anything much liao.
oh dear, so Georgine has an allergy. Alamak, why cannot take those jabs that you mentioned?

M2B/kmeow,
Where you all get those bibs? Looks like raincoat but i guess it's gd that it covers the whole body right?

sylvia,
Abt the nissen stuff, I just look see, not really that urgent. thks for the offer.

wendy,
Sounds like your baby is resisting alot of the methods that you have used. For my gal, she likes the pacifier so I will use that on her. Maybe u can find out what's the thing that will calm your bb down and use it?

shint,
yah, sort of and yu ze is holding on to the side. so hubby will put water in the float for him. its look huge maybe cos yu ze is small loh. hahah....

i bought the neck float for him but haven't try out yet.

Val,
Can only go mel in june cause got 2 weeks school hols lor ... where you get the sq deal? Check SQ website is it?

Celyn:
The tow cow looks really delicious to YZ on the FB ! =D

twin stars
wow.. I wld love to take off to Europe too!! U must have enjoyed urself alot, esp since it was more of a spur of a moment decision.. Sounds really shiok to just take off like tt.. *envy*

NiNi
I know what u mean *hugs* I also want my ger to sleep quickly, so i wld resort to easy way-outs like carrying & patting. The jialat part is when bb's not in deep sleep, she wld stir when placed down..

So now daytime, I've got to use sarong coz my wrists can't take it anymore. And tt night hb wld try to get her to sleep on her own w/o carrying, but still requires patting

I think I need to have more perseverance in sleep training

wendy
Ouch!! How long has it been?

M2B
Aiyoh, i thought with ur migraine u wld have gone home earlier.. Any migraine today?

Btw, got gd news to share.. Last night was the 1st tt Ashley didn't wake for a feed. She did stir abit but she slept again.. Wah, it's been a long while I didn't have to get up at night

Twin Stars,
Georgine win liao..no need to fight..hahaha..
Why did u bring ur bb for allergy tests? she oredie shows signs of allergy??

Celyn,
Datz vv good, hopefully Yu Ze will gain weight after he takes porridge..

Aurora,
haha..cos my mil's pattern is jus like ur mil's..
well done gal! muz realli 'zheng ming' to her who the real mommy is!
proud.gif

hi mummies,

Are you still using cool boiled water to wash yr babies' faces? I realised my MIL is just using warm tap water although I have been using cooled boiled water for mine in the weekend. Not sure if ok or not.

wendy...
my boy used to be like that too n is still like yours. can't be put down in cot even if he is in deep sleep. i had to sling him to sleep for a period of time. n he still takes 30min naps too. but the day i stopped trying to pat/rock him back to sleep for his day naps was the day the slept from 7pm-7am w/out waking up. recently, he extended his naps on his own...sleeping abt an hr/2hrs but most naps still 30-45min.
i'm also sick of carrying to sleep. today i rock him as per usual, till he closes his eyes (but still awake). then i put him into cot. he'll wake up n flip around. but i just leave him. he cries for abt 10-15min, then falls asleep. i usually read "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child". u read be4?

Catherine,
Wah, your hb really neat leh. When I feed, we get rice all over his face, his forehead, his bumbo, everywhere lah. That day he suddenly raise his hands and the spoon went flying. Today, he sneezed and got rice all over me again. Grrr... really feel like getting a raincoat and feed him outside the house at the corridor.

Hi mommies!
So many posts today
happy.gif
Just came back from Trudy's PD. Her weight is 9.155 kg and height 70cm. Trudy was born on 30 July. Asked PD, if she is overweight? Nope, just big bone structure.

Catherine,
Your hubby is super patient toward his princess. I can tell they have a great bonding. Bernice is always so cute and adorable. By the way, love to follow your blog
happy.gif

Siesta,
Keri is so adorable. Well taken photos
happy.gif

Gayle and Catherine,
Trudy loves to scream and grunt. Her hands are also very fast and love to grab things. My hair is always the first victim. Love to eat crabs when preggie
happy.gif

happy_mummy,
hahah... yah loh. in the car seat, the victim is tigger back home, it that poor cow.

happydough,
have been using cold tap water for very long liao. i think started that since 2nd month.

Hi Mommies,

Those who signed up for the below package, I'll be coordinating the payment as Ruixuan is busy. Please transfer $200 to my POSB Savings account 149-35371-2 and indicate your nick.

Also, PM me your name, contact number, nick, transfer details so I can inform dphotofolio the list of mommies who signed up.

As Ruixuan and I are only coordinating to get 10 persons, once the payment is made, you have to liase directly with the contact person from dphotofolio on the photoshoot, I'll send an email and cc to the in charge.

The others who are still interested, pls let me know soon and transfer the $$ by 15 Jan.

Special Photo Package by dphotofolio
dphotofoilo
http://www.dphotofolio.com/bbportfolio.html

Business thread
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/450761/942955.html?1187925649

Studio Photography Package - $200 (u/p: $350)
~ 1 hour session
~ no print given
~ return ALL original photo (high res file) in DVD

Term & Condition:
~ this special package price valid only with minimum at least 10 persons to sign up by 15 Jan 09 with 50% of confirmation deposit
~ valid till 31 May 09.

Remarks:
1) No extra charge for shooting together with parent, kids grandparent or sibling of baby.
2) Any other family member except in point 1, additional charge @ $15/pax. However, this is not applicable to use for two families in one package.
3) Strictly no solo/individual shots for adults.
4) Each package, FREE use of 2 set normal costume for kids age 2yo & below.
5) Animal costume for rent @ $25/set or $40/2set for bb age between 6-12mth old, depending on their size.
6) Makeup+hairdo @ $80/pax, if any
7) Not allowed to add on with extra hour
8) Photo print will charge based on ala carte price, or upgrade the package to top up the price.
9) Strictly by advance booking of shooting appointment.

- provide props to use together with photo taking. However, welcome to bring along own props and fav stuffs to add as extra props.

anyone interested with this package??
1. ruixuan
2. Shint
3. celynlee
4. megan
5. linx
6. keri
7. Ruixuan
8. Mandy (happymum1010)
9. coolsnow
10. Sarah (Shint’s contact)

Back