(2008/08) Aug 2008

Hi all,
Went for my 16weeks scan, gynae said my BB most likely is a minnie! But yet to confirm through the detailed scan in 20 weeks
happy.gif

krex/celyn,
I find ISIS duo super good. I can express up to 500-600ml in the morning. If u r indecisive, may be u can rent from shops to try out both to decide which to get.

Lindasy,
JL at Marina Sq.

Celyn,
avent manual is also very good. I used it at work and used the duo at home, especially in the morning when ur ss is high.

celyn,
heard mums & babes does the pump rental. ya, can only try after u deliver. May be u can call them to reserve and ask hubby to collect after u deliver? dunno how the rental thingy work. may be can check with other mummies that rent it b4.

My friend told me .. can rent from TMC?? not too sure about it
sad.gif

Hi cocomo,

My EDD is 14 Aug
happy.gif
one day before you..
happy.gif
maybe i will able to see u at TMC haha
when u r going for your detailed scan? as for me, will be 28 March
happy.gif

Hi,

I have some brand new products to sell.
1) Medela nipple cream
2) 2 box of tollyjoy breast pads
3) Pigeon breast milk storage bags
4) Palmers nipple cream

Some brand new maternity clothing for sales. 1Suitable for petite MTBs. PM me for the pics.

shay and chipchip,
actually i'm not really keen to rent a set. cos my friend can pass me her medela if i don't mind. but i prefer not too cos i think its personal. heheh....

i think u can use ur friend one but buy a new 'xx'( don't know what is it called) one... can save money
happy.gif

i think medela is too expensive lah.. i will just buy a cheap pump.. some more my friend told me that not everyone able to BF ..

celyn,
same here, i would prefer to buy brand new but to save $ u can borrow from your fren and buy your own parts (valve, membrane, etc) to try out first. i tot of asking u to get the manual pump first but if u r getting the isis duo after that, then u'll have 2 manual pumps cos isis duo comes with a manual pump too.

hey Chip...then ur in 20th week when you do detailed scan? My edd is suppose to be on 14th Aug too..and at TMC
happy.gif
but detailed scan is scheduled on 24th so I will only be 19th weeks..not sure if too earli for the scan..hmmm

shay,
any idea how much is the parts?

chipchip,
i'm also worried that i can't bf but at the same time i heard, if you are willing. it will come slowly but must be determine. not sure how true is it?

celyn, i'm contemplating bet. philips and pigeon milk bots/ steraliser. pigeon is quite "ugly", haha. but so much cheaper. does medela have a full suit of pdts, e.g. milk bots, teats, steraliser? maybe can consider medela if it has the full range. is medela cheaper than avent? if i compare the isis duo and PIS, i think it's almost the same leh. these 2 are the top range for each brand already.

venus, i saw some nice ones at egg maternity...selling for ard $50. not buying yet, prob when i give birth and need to wear them when i go out.

megan, i'm at CTH, one stop after RFP, haha.

celyn,
it's $29.90 for madela 2 x valves + 6 membranes. the rest i have no idea. never seen dept. stores selling avent parts leh. may be can check out from mums & babes. those shops who do rental should have.

Megan,

Yes. I will be in week 20 when i do my detailed scan.. my gynae said the detailed scan can be done from week 18 to week 22. i think week 19 should be ok.. don't worry.. Have u joined TMC' FBIC.. will get 10% off for ur detailed scan leh...so when is ur EDD now??

NiNi,

I thought I'm expecting a boy haha as i don't have any morning sickness... but now I'm expecting a girl
happy.gif

Celynlee,

hope so.. as i want to BF too ..
happy.gif

rat, twin, have u signed up for the mt a childbirth edu class yet? one of the sisters called me this morning coz' i emailed them a long list of qns, haha. i think i might go for the may course, sat afternoon (very likely). weekdays not gd for me.

have u signed up for the maternity package yet? i told her i only want to sign up after the course, coz' i haven't done a hospital tour or familiarise myself with the place yet. i'm hoping i can still get the discounted rate for the course.

chipchip,

Ha. . . skali we ended up deliver the same day then we can see each other in the delivery theater!!! hee. . . When is your detailed scan huh? Mine is scheduled on 28 March afternoon!

Ya you can rent the breast pump from moms & babes or TMC's parentcraft center. But then encourage you to buy the accessories yourself for hygene purpose.

nini,
mine not accurate! i have a very strong gut feel that it's a girl but turns out to be otherwise. anyway gynae said 90% still have 10% chance hahahaha...next visit will be this wed, mar 5. hope can 100% confirm this round.

krex78,
i'm not sure if the one i saw is call PIS. i think the most ex one is the one that comes in the backpack form. but as i mention, different bag design contains different things. must really spend time to look at all of them but the sales person are not friendly.

this site will help you to choose a breast pump to cater to your needs.
http://medelabreastfeedingus.com/product-selector

this actually shows you the different type of bag of the pump (for my selection).
http://medelabreastfeedingus.com/product-compare/productSelector/1:1;6:14;7:19;8:21;9:23

Hi cocomo,

haha it's possible we deliver the same day leh.. hahah my detailed scan scheduled on 28 march afternoon too.. 3pm
happy.gif
u??

tks celyn. i think both isis duo and PIS are equally good - they're already the top range ones! i like the medela haversack system though, so more inclined towards that pump. i've also got a friend who uses it and it lasted her 2 babies (she's still expressing milk now though her kids at 2 and 4!).

but if u're confirmed getting avent bottles, etc., then makes more sense for u to get the isis duo.

krex78,
hehehhe..... my hubby says get avent cos of its name avent isis IQ. he says this one got IQ compare to medela. sigh....

so far, seldom heard of people using avent so don't know if its a good investment. hehehe... very cha bao right.

nini,

I always thought that its a girl again this time round as the symtoms are the same as my first pregnancy while I was having a girl, even the things I like to eat and craved for.

I was prepared that the gynae would say that it was a girl when I was having my check up last saturday at 16 weeks, but he said is a boy, 100% sure. So the same symtoms and the gut feeling was not accurate for me. Even the website gender prediction was wrong.

celyn, that I dunno as I haven't heard anyone I know using it yet. Unless you are able to find someone who can loan you to try out first. For the manual one, it's easier to use your hand to control the angle you pump at so that maybe why it empties the breasts better?

Hi Ladies,

Just something out of the topic.
Was very pissed with SIA attitute and they claim tt they have outstanding customer service.

I received a call from SIA telling me tt the flight i have booked, has been cancelled. They proposed me with a 1.05am flight which i rejected (my original timing was 7.05am the next day).

I asked to be put on the next flight which is 3.55pm however tt flight is on waitlist and they cannot confirm the status until a seat is available which means, they may only come back with the status one day before departure.

This is totally unfair to me for i have already planned out my itinerary. The ticket supposely to be confirmed now have to be waitlisted.

I demanded for alternatives instead of waiting for the unknown to happen. To my dismayed, the senior officer told me that she cannot do anything. In the worse case, SIA will give a full refund only on the flight ticket. TT is absolutely irresponsible!!!
Does she think tt refund can compensate all the arrangement i have already made.

Utterly disappointed with SIA!

celyn, shay is your testimony lor, haha.

oh yes, experienced mummies, can i ask what are breast pads for? do u put it inside your bra pad to collect the milk spillout when your breasts are too full or after pumping?

also, are nursing bras necessary or can u use normal bras to feed? after all the only difference is the clip on top right? same with nursing tops? i guess the top cover allows u to cover up the breast, as compared to pulling up a normal top when breastfeeding?

i'm very clumsy with bras, so not sure if the nursing bras will be of any use to me, haha.

Elmo: My firstborn, a boy is 2yrs 4 months old now. My gynae has done some blood tests and I should know the results in a week's time.

Chipchip: U so cute!! Although my first child is a boy, I still prefer boys but this round most likely I am expecting a girl. So am like you, trying to like her...hee,hee!

krex,
nursing pads are very important especially if you are going out as you will having leaky breasts and it will be so embarressing to stain your blouse. So it retains the milk. You put it inside your bra all the time.

Nursing bras are necessary if you intend to breast feed as normal bras are inconvenient to "pull out" your breast to feed bb. So with nursing bras, there is a flap that comes down and you can easily feed the baby.

Can't wait for my next gynae appt when I can confirm bb gender....

hi cocomo & chipchip,

my detailed scan is aso on 28 mar @ 2.30pm @ mt e.
happy.gif
whr r u gals doing urs? mayb we can bump into each other?

re. breastpumps
d isis iq duo is a fairly new pdt. if i remembered correctly, it's oni launched in 2006. price is $799. as it's fairly new & expensive, thus i guessed tat's y nt much mummies used it in sg as compared 2 medala & ameda. as 4 whether it's good or nt, i guessed it's up 2 d individual. i gt frens who swear by d isis while some swear by d ameda.

Re: gut feeling on gender

Oh i actually heard maternal instincts are the most accurate! But seems like many 'proven' it wrong....hehehe

Me too..cant wait for my next gynae appt to find out the gender.. :p

Shay,
Have u tried Medela brand breast pump b4 ? Cos i saw tat Medela brand is more popular, but my colleague told me she prefers Avent to Medela cos she finds that Medela very noisy and she likes Avent.

Is Avent IQ Duo referring to double breast pump where u can pump both sides simultaneously ?

Dongle, yup my fren is preg too.

Shay, ur colleagues are preg too?

Mulberry, ya lor instruction put onli can use at 3rd tri
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>S/N</TD><TD>Mummy</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>Zone</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Ratatouille</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Clifton Chan</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>29-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Shay</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr Heng</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>31-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Dongle</TD><TD></TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Ang Huai Yan </TD><TD>Glen / Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Agnes</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>YLN</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Chumint</TD><TD></TD><TD>North </TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Twin Star</TD><TD></TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>2-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>M2b</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Lee Wei Hong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Peppermintt</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>4-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Shinning</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>North</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>4-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Cutie</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>5-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Mulberry</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>5-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Julie</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr HK Tan</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>5-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Alinda</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>North</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>6-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Yi Lin</TD><TD>24</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr CH Koh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>8-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Joni</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>8-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>June</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kee</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Mini</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Celynlee</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Thum</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>10-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Happy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chan Kon Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Fitbaby</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>North</TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Hashisan</TD><TD></TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Earnestmum</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Ang Huai Yan </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Bobianah</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Gladys</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>North</TD><TD>Dr Anna / Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Evergreen</TD><TD>36</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Watt WF</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Avocado </TD><TD>30</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Val</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Tan Hak Koon</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Gemini</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Crazy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Soong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Lindsay</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Gayle</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>Megan</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>East</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Hug</TD><TD></TD><TD>North East</TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>15-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>Cocomo</TD><TD>32</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>15-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Anne</TD><TD></TD><TD>South</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kon Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mid Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Emma</TD><TD></TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>16-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>BrieBaby</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD>Dr Bernadette Y Soong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>16-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>Vone</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr ST Chan</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>16-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>RTCP</TD><TD></TD><TD>Central</TD><TD>Dr KW Lee</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>17-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>Irabuben</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>North</TD><TD>Dr Cordelia Tan</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>17-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>Jo</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>18-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>Timminbuzz</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>18-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>Yuuri</TD><TD></TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC / Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>19-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>HuiChin</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>East</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>19-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>Krex</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>Mt A/ TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>Chipchip</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>Snow</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>South</TD><TD>Dr Gordon Lim</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>20-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>Elmo</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr YC Goh</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>20-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>Happymum</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>North</TD><TD>AP Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>21-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>Amabel</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>21-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>Shenny</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Ho KK</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>22-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>Faeriekim</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>22-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>Stephie</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Ann Tan</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>23-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>Sandygirl72</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>23-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>Cat</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr WL Choo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>24-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>Krmeow</TD><TD></TD><TD>North</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>25-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>Leona</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>North West</TD><TD>Dr Don Wong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>25-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>59</TD><TD>Faith</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>25-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>60</TD><TD>Shint</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>26-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>61</TD><TD>Munky</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>27-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>62</TD><TD>QiQi</TD><TD></TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>28-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>63</TD><TD>Hewchen</TD><TD>34</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>28-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>64</TD><TD>Kiki</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>65</TD><TD>Saigonapple</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>Mt A / TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>31-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>66</TD><TD>Carolynn</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Thum</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>31-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Lindsay Lee (lindsay),
same same, my #1 is a girl and #2 is a boy. every gyane visit, gyane will also scan that part and very clear.
My gut feeling and the gender calender also not accurate at all.

cocomo,
Congrats! You have your wish, a girl girl to doll up this time round.

Shay (shay),
WOW, 500ml in one pump is A LOT! For me, the most is 180ml per pump. Is Manual pump very tiring on the hand?

chipchip,
I think everyone will have milk, just how hardworking to wake up even in the middle of the night to pump or let bb latch every 2-3 hrs to stable the milk first.

<table border=1><tr><td>S/N</TD><TD>Mummy</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>Zone</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Ratatouille</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Clifton Chan</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>29-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Shay</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr Heng</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>31-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Dongle</TD><TD></TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Ang Huai Yan </TD><TD>Glen / Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Agnes</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>YLN</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Chumint</TD><TD></TD><TD>North </TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Twin Star</TD><TD></TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>2-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>M2b</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Lee Wei Hong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Peppermintt</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>4-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Shinning</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>North</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>4-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Cutie</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>5-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Mulberry</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>5-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Julie</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr HK Tan</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>5-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Alinda</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>North</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>6-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Yi Lin</TD><TD>24</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr CH Koh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>8-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Joni</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>8-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>June</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kee</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Mini</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Celynlee</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Thum</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>10-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Happy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chan Kon Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Fitbaby</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>North</TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Hashisan</TD><TD></TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Earnestmum</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Ang Huai Yan </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Bobianah</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Gladys</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>North</TD><TD>Dr Anna / Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Evergreen</TD><TD>36</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Watt WF</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Avocado </TD><TD>30</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Val</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Tan Hak Koon</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Gemini</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Crazy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Soong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Lindsay</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Gayle</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>Megan</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>East</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Hug</TD><TD></TD><TD>North East</TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>15-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>Cocomo</TD><TD>32</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>15-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Anne</TD><TD></TD><TD>South</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kon Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mid Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Emma</TD><TD></TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>16-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>BrieBaby</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD>Dr Bernadette Y Soong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>16-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>Vone</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr ST Chan</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>16-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>RTCP</TD><TD></TD><TD>Central</TD><TD>Dr KW Lee</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>17-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>Irabuben</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>North</TD><TD>Dr Cordelia Tan</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>17-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>Jo</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>18-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>Timminbuzz</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>18-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>Yuuri</TD><TD></TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC / Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>19-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>HuiChin</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>East</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>19-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>Krex</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>Mt A/ TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>Chipchip</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>Snow</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>South</TD><TD>Dr Gordon Lim</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>20-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>Elmo</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr YC Goh</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>20-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>Happymum</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>North</TD><TD>AP Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>21-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>Amabel</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>21-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>Shenny</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Ho KK</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>22-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>Faeriekim</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>22-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>Stephie</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Ann Tan</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>23-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>Sandygirl72</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>23-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>Cat</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr WL Choo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>24-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>Krmeow</TD><TD></TD><TD>North</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>25-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>Leona</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>North West</TD><TD>Dr Don Wong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>25-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>59</TD><TD>Faith</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>25-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>60</TD><TD>Shint</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>26-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>61</TD><TD>Munky</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>27-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>62</TD><TD>QiQi</TD><TD></TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>28-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>63</TD><TD>Hewchen</TD><TD>34</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>28-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>64</TD><TD>Kiki</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>65</TD><TD>Saigonapple</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>Mt A / TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>31-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>66</TD><TD>Carolynn</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Thum</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>31-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Millie (millie22) ,
Did your colleagues meant Medela Mini Electrical. I heard this one is very loud and noisy. PIS is not noisy.

I am using ameda and it is lightweight to bring around and not noisy too.
This time round I will purchase Avent Manual and leave my ameda in the office. I only TBF my #1 till 9mths and this time I aim at 2yrs old for #2. Told my mum and she said I siao. close shop liao mah so must make full use of my breast milk. Not sure if my #1 will take my BM again
happy.gif

millie,
actually i got madela single electric b4 i got the isis duo. i just find madela single electric super noisy and didn't help much. i didn't have enuff ss to meet dd during the 2nd mth and decided to get avent isis duo on the 3rd mth. it worked wonders! ss went up tremendously and since then i stopped using madela. i heard lots of complaints on madela sinlge &amp; double electric regarding the noise and reliability of the motor. they r not meant for heavy duty usage. my couz got the double electric and the motor went hay wire after a mth! but.....all these complaints are for madela single/double electric. for madela PIS, i've only heard good comments. so it should be good ba.
yes, isis duo is a dual pump where u can pump both breast simultaneously. it saves time &amp; increase ss.

rata,
nope both my colleagues r not preggie but just delivered couple of mths back. who r u going with?

avocado,
ya, i was surprise to get so much too! have headache to store the excess. so in the end have to buy a chest freezer to store....bf doesn't come cheap for me. spent a lot on bottles &amp; storage.

avocado,
me too bf my son for only 9 mths
sad.gif
Mine didn't want to latch on so it's very tiring expressing all the time...gave up after 9 mths. wah u aim for 2 yrs for #2 ar? i only aim for at least 1 yr unless he's the kind that can latch on really well then may be will do it for as long as he wants. invested in an expensive pump so gotta capitalise boh bian.......

rat,
oic.. so good got fren preggie at the same time to accompany you to the seminar...

shay,
your colleagues so on, after giving birth still got time to accompany you for such seminar...

shay, how long can breast milk last for? i think i'll give myself a pat on the shoulder if i can bf bb for 1 year, haha. after that i will stop.

btw, is expressing milk very troublesome in the office? how often do u do it and how many bots can u fill at one go?

shay,
thanks for your comments. you give me confident on the avent iq. i heard my friend using medela pump over the phone, its super noisy. i can hear it very clearly while chatting with her. heheh.... but hers is not the PIS.

Back