(2008/08) Aug 2008

same as avocado and medusa, i went thro my #1 without epi. i will say that my pain threshold is quite high and also another reason, i'm afraid of needles... i took laughing gas and penditin (wrong spelling). but indeed, after bb is out, the pain is gone immediately except for my tears. my gynae spent half an hr stitching me and he was asking me how i push one, me kena 3 tears. but while he's stitching me up, he asked the nurse to let me inhale laughing gas, cos i was twitching around due to the stitching.

Storeberry,
Maybe coz #2 liao so like no hurry to get things done…only luxury is happily shopping for #2…hahaha, thinking of washing and packing very sianz leh…bad mommy…

U ok?

Avocado,
I dun think I will be the next to pop…I think shd be Dongle or Rata…my gynae estimated that I will probably deliver by 27 Jul but I got a feeling wun be so fast leh coz my tummy still high…

Hisstory,
Yup, I sure enjoy my ML this time rd coz I’m already planning when to go do hair, pedicure etc…heehee, yup, my mom will be ard to jagar #2 when I go jalan with #1... =P

avocado, how long was your labour last time? did u do anything to alleviate pain, e.g. drink raspberry tea, warm massage, etc.? i also hoping not to take epidural but scared pain is too prolonged and severe. no choice then i take lor.

Celyn,
I haven checked with my gynae cos my appt this sat. Wil prob check with him. Someone from this forum did mention that her gynae say its due to water retention.

Krex,
Will ask my gynae this sat. If anything, let you know.

M2B,
As long as u feel comfortable then its fine. Still looking for my cotton pyjamas.

Megan,
I got a $450 discount with my FBI card and referral from fren for cordlife banking.

Yuuri
For the episotomy, cfm they will give anesthetic.
haha, cannot dun give lah... that one is a killer leh. Actually the pain from the wound healing will come after that..not trying to scare you but got to be prepared.. But after 1-2 weeks the pain will lessen.

Avocado
Haha! Yeah my fren told me that apparently women will release some hormones after birth and these hormones will make them forget the pain of childbirth. Dunno how true abut everytime ppl ask me what was the pain like, I also cannot really give a detailed description : p

Hisstory
Actually hor I not trying to act superwoman at the time becos I got very low threshold of pain. So i thot cfm i want epi. But at that time my contractions were so painful I just wanted to lie in bed and not move an inch. My hubby told me the nurse keep asking me if I wanted to administer the epi but I keep shoo-ing her out and tell her I wanted gas.. ( actually I cannot even remember I did that) so I think the gas also made me so high I didnt know what was I doing! So in the end... no epi, just gas and got problem pushing.. in the end after 13 hours my boy came out vacumm assisted.

storeberry,
not to worry, most baby will be head down or engaged by wk 36. for me, head down but not engaged. but i don;t care liao lor

yuuri,
i think yr hubby needs childbirth education! hahahah

my first choice was peg perego, or quinny etc but really not practical lei. then my hubby noticed that girls learn to walk alot faster than boys so he changed his mind n ask his friend to get us the 705 since it is cheap, spoil or never use also nevermind.

medusa,
wah, u very gd lei, can tong!
i told my hubby if i give u those eyes, do not touch me when i am in labour, i might kill u! hehe. i hate it when pp stroke my back when i am vomiting type. i jus need u to hold back my hair but not stroke my back, it makes me feel worst la. so i figure out, hubby better dun touch me when i am in labour, maybe that's y he told me to go straight for epi so i will be happy n he will not kena :p

M2B,
ya, jus now i ask my maid to bring me ice ribena, my mom tell her not to. then i wait 4 mom to leave my room, i ask y maid to go n get me my ice packet milo and do not let my mom see. she also laugh at the way my mom is.
u still can go BK?!!!!!!!!! u mean sep?!!
boy u are fast!!!!!!!!!

M2B,
U going BKK?!

re: bus rides
I took a bus full of sec skool students and none gave up seat to me! I had to squeeze thru the crowded bus and asked a sec skool girl to give up the seat next to her to me (cos she was occupying 2 seats wif her skool bag!!!)
So very angry!
sad.gif

Valnsw,
I heard "doing it" will induce labour leh.. :p

talking abt keeping of the cord, I am with stem cord so if anyone keen wif stem cord instead can put me as refferal
happy.gif

krex78 (krex78) ,
all the while, I already told them I want epidural but think my labour too fast liao and by the time I keep on pressing the bell and shout for the epi, gynae said 10cm liao, too late. Have to endure the pain. I was in the delivery ward for 1hr plus.
For this time round, I hope I can be strong not to take.

little twin stars ,
I like quinny cos it look stylo and can put infant care seat while bb still sleeping, only think is bulky. I did not have it, but my friend bought it. Was temp to buy but then I already got 3 stroller (other brands)in my house, 2 of them is hands me down.

Twin Stars,
Haha, your maid oso confused by you and your mom man... =P

Twin Stars & Reirei,
Yup, gg BKK in mid Sept during my ML but not bringing #2 lah, just with hb and #1... =P

Reirei,
Ya, nowadays the students are horrible...they won't give up seats 1...tsk tsk...now at our stage, we really need seats lah...

interrace

aiyoh, tt's so sayang then.. This Sat's not possible for me. Actually I prob will do my BW a little later.. I've still got another 8 weeks till EDD..

M2B

How can u not be enjoying ur ML.. Still going BKK leh! Shiok!! U wld most certainly enjoy the food & shopping.. Oh yah, massage too!

I'm so going to do sthg abt the mane on my head before 1st mth celebrations.. *tsktsk*

Medusa

Too high fr gas & then u rejected epi unknowingly.. But u're still one capable mama!!

ReiRei

Kids these days.. Hope no such thing happens to u again

Yuuri, val,
earlier, my HB kept pestering me to have a baby & tried to entice me with his "carat" push present, i told him i will buy him 10 push presents & whether he will do it for me or not... he just laugh it off & say he dun dare... men... tsk tsk...

avocado,
same here... prepared everyday earlier since gynae said i may pop anytime from week 34... but now seems that all the inactivity make our baby very comfy... tomo seeing my gynae for my week 37 visit...

storeberry,
Haaa I just double checked in the mirror and yep, joshua verse-- that's me! lol! So near yet so far. Maybe next time will bump into you again!
happy.gif
Now raining heavily liao, go have a good sleep! My appt was 3 wks apart until now then change to 2wks.

interrace
The capella s705 got reversible handles, fully covered canopy, one hand fold, can stand alone, big basket....and cheap!

twin stars
you confirm getting the s705 already ah? getting from where?

ReiRei (reirei),
The pushing part meaning also the contraction ba. By the time contraction till that part very numb and can't feel the stitching up by doc at all.

Gemini (gemini) ,
wow, u kena 3 tears ah! Did u start pushing when not even 10cm? I only have a small cut cos my bb head also not very big. I can go down walk walk 1-2hrs after birth. My bb weight only 2.6kg cos premature.

Twinstars
Yeah better to get yr hb to be prepared.. sometimes its not that we want to get into a bit*h fit but we are the ones going thru the process so they better dun agitate us...I think my hb also smart cos i think prior to that many of his frens told him better shut up in the delivery ward.. My fren's hubby that time kena from the nurse... cos the nurse ask my fren want epi anot then he go and answer the nurse say "no need lah" then the nurse told him " yr wife giving birth or you???"

Hisstory
Hee... I also hope all of us here will have an easy birth then we wun go thru so much : )

Reirei
Contractions - pain is there and then
Stitching up - Pain happens after birth. When the gynae stitched you up, it wun be painful. It's the aftermath.

dongle (dongzzz)
we prepared early cos gyane said we may pop early but now I have a feeling my bb will stay till 38weeks like that leh cos still very high up although head down

Kekek... Yurri: Yah man, so near yet so far!! :p See you next time!!

Am going to take a nap! Take care mummies!

M2B: Feeling better, going to rest now.

Luvlel: Can check out Cheong Choon at CHinatown also. They don't have alot on display, more on catalogs. If need the address, can search from www.yellowpages.com.sg

thanks avocado for the breast pump recommendation.will look out for it at isetan, they having 36th anniversary sale by the way.
starting 11st july.

really salute those mommies who gave birth w/o epi, were you all very active that's why the labour was short ?

tks yuuri for the stroller info, will check the model out, how cheap is cheap huh?

hisstory,
not sure when promo will end, check out their website if you are gg.my first time trying them out too. yup think too early for you to do, i will be in wk 37 when i go this sat, also not sure if is gg to be too early for it or not, but after this wkend, i dun think i wanna go out on wkends already. like most of u, i reject shopping and choose to nau at home instead. keke.

Medusa15 ,
My hb ask me yesterday want epidural or not cos he still remember and feel very heart pain to go thru it again.

thanks avocado for the breast pump recommendation.will look out for it at isetan, they having 36th anniversary sale by the way.
starting 11st july.

really salute those mommies who gave birth w/o epi, were you all very active that's why the labour was short ?

tks yuuri for the stroller info, will check the model out, how cheap is cheap huh?

hisstory,
not sure when promo will end, check out their website if you are gg.my first time trying them out too. yup think too early for you to do, i will be in wk 37 when i go this sat, also not sure if is gg to be too early for it or not, but after this wkend, i dun think i wanna go out on wkends already. like most of u, i reject shopping and choose to nau at home instead. keke.

luvlel

U're welcome.. storeberry's recommendation of Cheong Choon is a gd place, but no physical product to browse. Prices are cheaper than most other places & u can get lotsa other bb stuff too

interrace

Okie dokie, I shall go seesee their webby, didn't pay much attention to the end date of the promo
I still want to go enjoy my weekends & be as mobile as possible.. My mum says my labour shdn't be too long coz I like to walkwalk, so I better work on walking to reduce the duration! *heehee*

Medusa

Sure hope so! Was reading some of the experiences of the Jul08 mummies, some were in the delivery suite for a veryvery long time waiting & waiting for dilation.. *faint*

Avocado
Yeah my hubby also asked me that time if wanted epi since I already experienced pain before.. I see if I can tahan this time anot, else will just take it

Hisstory,
Actually I find myself quite bad lor, haven’t pop already making plans to leave bb in S’pore and gg tour with hb and #1…

Yalor, I so thinking whether to perm or rebond before 1st month celebration…heehee

Dongle,
Hahaha, yalor, men hah, dun understd the pain we go through for the kids…think it is easy to walk ard with a big tummy, give birth and take care of kids…hiaz

Medusa,
The nurse told your fren’s hb off? Hahaha, so funi!!!!

M2B ,
I plan to go Bintan with hubby and #1. Think only cos I will be brestfeeding so duno how. If have to bring #2 cannot enjoy.

avocado
that one is hubby;s first choice. then i tell him, no basket to put things lei, then no full canopy, baby when grow up, the seat cannot fully recline to let toddler sleep etc

M2B,
u super fast worker lei!!!!!! i don;t even dare make plans now
sad.gif

yuuri
now i am thinking to get 705 or 802 lei.......802 not all wheels can shiver, 705 all wheels shiver but no one foot braking system.
which on e nicer?
hubby;s friend getting so i never bother where they sell la

think somewhere selling for $245 i think

medusa,
yr friend';s nurse very gd lei! haha
my hubby hear from his female colleagues that after taking epi, they can watch tv, listen to music, play DS as if nothing n when dr say push then they push, no pain. so he told me, better take epi! haahha

mummies..........is it true, after epi, u won;t feel a thing, can watch tv n relax?

Avocado / Medusa,
Oh my goodness!!!! Cannot imagine!!! No feeling when the needle goes in and out out of our skin??! *faintz*
Numb is becos of epidural or dat area will be sooooo painful until it's numb?
After stitching up, pee pee or washing of dat area will be painful too yah?
sad.gif

Vone,
can help me update, bb's weight is 2.2 kg at 32wk 4 days. Thankie

Carolynn,
yup yup. Bought the bugaboo bee. Think combi not bad but hubby think its too light, not sturdy enough.

ReiRei,
Contraction too pain till numb so when gyane stitch, I did not feel pain. By the time gyane stitch, baby is on my chest and I only concentrate on her.
And the last stage is the deliver of placenta, we will also feel contraction.

Hisstory
Yeah i am those mummies lor.. just waiting to dilate... then every hr the nurse will come in and put their fingers up yr V to check how many cm.. after 11 hrs then i finally dilate to nearly 10 cm *faints*

M2B, Twinstars
Yeah I also think the nurse damn farnie lor.. and my fren delivered at TMC.. kekeke!
Yeah epi is supposed to be that good...
happy.gif

hi avocado,

i push only when the midwives ask me to push... i think i may have push too hard during the last few pushes. wow, u can go walk walk after 1-2 hrs? me was still walking slowly for 1 wk after birth. hmmm.. my girl is quite big sized & her head is quite big, she was 3.14kg at birth.

hi interrace,

my start (mild contractions) to end of process abt 11 hrs.., i will not say that i'm v active, maybe my yoga exercises i was preggie helps...

interrace,
I walk a lot when 1st preganncy, but now #2 seems to be very lazy. only keep up with my girl is a form of exercise now.

just took out the clothes to wash and realize i only have 5 bibs and 5 hankies .. hehehe .. is that an excuse to buy more ?? hahaha

storeberry,

i also havent wash bb clothings, bumpers etc. Keep thinking maybe next month, i still got time..havent buy diaper bag too..i secretly hope things will fall into place when the time comes..
happy.gif

btw, any mommies know what to buy for confinement? eg. herbs, rice wine etc Any food stuff we need to get ready? I scare I cannot go out then and my hubby wont know what to buy for CL to cook...

Catherine ,
For me, I need lot of handkies cos I will wipe every feed and will wash immediately cos the milk stay long very smelly will will cause rashes. Worst is my bb that time vomit and so many hankies used up. I use bibs when they only start solids. I use those cheap hankies sold at those house downstairs.

I spent abt $1K on herbs alone. the corderly alone cost $400. very heartpain. But have to buy cause close shop liao and after the 1mth confinement cannot bu back body liao.

Reirei
After stitching up, surely painful cos wound is fresh but painkillers will be given. Yeah first pee and washing that area will sting quite a bit so go slow.. I think most impt for mummies going for natural is that must try to take prune juice/fybogel after birth so that within the next few days when you do yr big business, yr stools will be softened so that not so painful...

Medusa15 ,
I did not take painkiller after stitching up cos I was allergy to surplex and the nurse told me another brand I may also have allergy so better dun take. I endure the pain. Pandadol also did not take although no allergy but heard Pandadol no use at all. Pain for a few days but still can tahan and it heal very fast. Must take first pee first than allow to go home. I only stay 1 day at KKH. feel that they very bochap me during the stay.

sorry for the double post, think my opi internet down, thus posted twice.

oh, so cannot be lazy, must go shopping every wkend to walk walk..then can have easy labour.
happy.gif

so i guess epi is encourage to relax the mom but if dilation is fast then best not to take epi...hope dilation be fast, i want to save $ and dun wanna get pricked at the back.

Twin Stars & ReiRei,
For my #1, it was an induction thus my labour was longer than naturally…so the nurses actually recommended epidural coz with that, mommy can relax and it will also dilate faster which was TRUE! After epi, it was bliss but after awhile, can feel intense pain liao as bb’s head is low and have fully dilated which was real fast (compared to before epi)…the nurses also said if I would to keep on using breathing to contain my contraction pain then when it comes to time for real pushing, I might be out of breathe liao so beta to have epi 1st…after that, I dun feel pain at the stitching and oso no need painkillers at all…the next day morning, I’m down the bed bathing and peeing oso no prob at all, just a bit of stinging only…

M2B

Hey dun say tt.. U've gone thru almost 40 weeks of pregnancy & u need a break too! A few days will surely recharge u & for all u may know, u may miss #2 & shower her with lotsa beautiful gifts fr ur trip
happy.gif

Medusa

Was ur HB with u the whole 11 hours?? I think I wld stop at 1 if HB leaves me... *hahah*
Hmm, I rather the nurses dun tell me how far I've dilated.. Not as if I can control how fast/slow, so I rather not know & then get all too stressed up.. Just tell me when I can do sthg, ie PUSH!

Actually I am only afraid of LOSING HAIR after birth. this is the natural side effetcs after 3mths of birth. so sian. for my #1, I drop hair when she is abt 3-4mths till she is abt 9-10mths old, now gotta start again! AIYO!

wow, all talking about labour. i don't want to think about it. just take it as it comes. the more i think, the more scary it gets.

medusa, M2B,reirei
i am so going for epi right from the start! oh me of little faith, hehe
it's not a time for me to put up a brave front now. i need to get over my fear of labour and i think this might be the best way out :p

Back