(2008/07) July 2008

DD! CONGRATS!!! you will not regret this decision! Fights are inevitable. You are going to be tired no doubt, but the joy will outweigh all these.
happy.gif

yay the news is out! congrats DD! oh yes, your gynae who uses hands to estimate baby's growth, i remember!

1,000 kids ANYWHERE would not be fun for me! no way jose!

how is BBG taking to the news?

About the baby or 1,000 kids? Baby, he's definitely ecstatic cos he's been asking for a Sibling! Keeps telling me to sit back when the baby is out cos he will feed, change and carry baby.. Only one thing he don't know how to... Wipe the bum clesn of poo! Hahaha

Planning to try out nappies instead of diapers this time round. Will get advice from u girls soon..

Have a good weekend, everyone!

dd,
wow you are brave.
C2 went onto diapers straightaway, and was seldom on cloth nappies.
no matter how you prepare G, there will still be times he needs additional reassurance. just be mentally prepared. even the normally gentle C1 has pushed C2 out of my lap when he thinks ok that is enough attn for C2, time for me time with mama.

i m now FREEEEEEE. mommy of one for 2 weeks. Mr C has gone w C2 and maid to MY, back in 2 weeks with the ILs (again...)
but i have an interview to attend fm 9pm to 10pm on Monday. shall see how that works out. C1's bedtime is normally 930pm.

oh, and i have not blogged yet abt C1's fan obsession. so here is the first one.
http://hisabundantblessingss.blogspot.sg/2012/10/mummy-is-not-princess.html
i shall go dig out his fav youtube fan videos and compile them into one blogpost... one day.

aw man. C1 threw a major crying fit this morning when going to school. refused to get out of the car, then when out of the car, refused to step away from the car. i carried him to the lift, carried him when doing the hfmd checks.

he is traumatised.

called the school just now. he spent 15mins in a chair alone alternately brooding and then crying when he thinks of his didi.
teacher consoled him with 'you want to play with didi correct? when didi comes back, you are going to be happy correct? didi wont like to see you sad... be brave now can?'
alamak.
but after the teacher said that, he saw some sense in teacher's words, and is now playing happily with his classmates. PHEW.

Mr C and I have emergency plans to bring him over next week. IF this continues.

i have lived several lives this morning. methinks i need a good dose of retail therapy... at NTUC!!! [true blue auntie now].... to work through in my mind what happened this morning.

DD
Kasper is now cloth diapers..
That boy poop too much for my pocket...
Bought a brand called ALVA... cheap and good...

Cellow
why didnt bring C1??
Kayden cant wait to leave his bro at home lor...

Cloth diaper also got brand? Thought its those white nappy cloths? Then buy liner inserts? N maybe when they r older , can spruce up the look with a nappy cover? Haha

lol at smiggle's 'he poops too much for my pocket'

DD
i also thought i would use cloth diapers for calla BUT i already have so darn much laundry to do so she wears 1-2 bumwears a day if we're lucky

siblings
i wonder if poppy is just trying to be naughty to get attention from us. i feel horrible cos i have to bring calla to room for nap and leave poppy alone (when jiejie is around, meimei just wants to play with her, and jiejie can't seem to do things quietly when meimei wants to sleep - oh believe me, we've tried) at times. and then when i try to play with poppy, sometimes i have to leave calla by herself. as in sit with us but not always talking to her.

i am EXHAUSTED because my mouth is constantly on the go all day. today i told poppy i think it must have been something like 10 stories. and then i felt guilty for not talking to calla so i tried to talk to her whenever i could. by the time we were reunited with bluebunny, HE then wanted to talk to me but i just want a minute of not hearing my own voice! ah!!!

Dd: congrats Dd!!!
happy.gif

oh ya, using nappy with nappy liners is doable if you have enough help. But must take into account that what if bb has sensitive skin(touch wood of course) so you may want to try first. Cost wise, is diaper at 18 cents per piece considered cheap?

Pb: *big hugs...* hope things will be better soon.

DD
Bumwear is not cheap..
so i switch to Alva which is half price..
of cos, my helper have to wash like mad..
7 cloth diapers and 10 inserts can only last 2 days lor...

PB
its absolutely normal...

Sch holidays
already got them a ball pit..
plan to get a slide...
think it wil entertain them throughout??
not sure if i shld send Kayden for any holiday class...

whoa!

congrats DD! what fantastic news!

and yeah cellow, super funny to meet you at breakfast and then meeting you again at the lounge at chennai airport!

I do hope i won't need to go bangalore in the near future! ermmm india really not very nice lah!:p

legoland was FUN FUN FUN! we went 10am to 8pm and still couldn't do all the rides and the children were fascinated with miniland. at night, it got lit up and they spent quite a bit of time examining all the little details they couldn't do during the day as it was too hot!

i think we will be going back very soon. and will include puteri harbour too. The last time we checked in sep. it looks like its still under construction! but i read it shld be open in nov.

Nov's weekends will be super busy with 2 orientations and 2 concerts (and trying to squeeze in one legoland! wahaha!). i think i will cry buckets at T1 grad concert! aigooo! my little girl is graduating!!!

The last 2 weeks of dec we will be in korea, bringing kids for ski and spending christmas in Seoul.

and what do ya know! it will be 2013! and T1 is going to P1!

This year is going by in a flash!

jo,
i thought bbs with sensitive skin should air their bums even more and clothe diaper is good for that purpose....? did i misunderstand somewhere?

pb,
hugs. hope today is better.
yes there are days like this, where it seems everyone wants a piece of me, so that when the day is done, i m just exhausted.

Cell: yes yes... Definitely. Am just cautioning about the "may happen" factor, so when choosing between the 2 one more thing to consider. Not advocating diaper over nappy. :p

Btw, anyone tried buying milk powder from bulk purchase?

I was just thinking, how much work it would take if your baby poops on a 3-hrly basis... cos that was what happened with Declan. It was feed milk in, poop comes out - all in one session. How does a baby get that much poop anyway?
I recall I was all about the environment and everything. Then when I realised he was pooping every 3h, I threw in the towel (and the nappies too). So I can only say, "Sorry Mother Earth."

Think u girls r right.. Wishful thinking at my end. Just read up on nappy wearing.. And realized it may not be so easy for newborns and I doubt if my MIL will bother when she has to care for him when I get back to work. Maybe I'll do it on weekends instead?

But for those who use alva or bumwear .. I thought it was more of a cover but now realise you put the inserts IN the cover, means cover will get soiled too right?

Thanks dor! Can see your princess E keeping u busy hehe. Have u been making anything new lately?

Jo: u mean frOm those online stores that has cheaper pricing? Actually we buy ours from Msia when I go home or when we occasionally and rarely drive to JB for it..

Wah Doggiebb is on the go, man! Have fun!!

PB: it's amazing you haven't lost your vOice all these years? I never did all my life til the past few years.. And I'm suspecting it's because I talk too much too haha!

after bribing him with soya egg this morning, C1 went to school calmly. in the car, he did say a few times i dowan to go to school, but at least it was not a big meltdown.
plus i spent 5 whole mins examining the air con fans outside the school bldg with him...... :p

smiggle,
the last time he was away from school for 4 weeks in Apr, he flat out refused to go to school and cried for 2 whole months... daily.... in the mornings. walau. my ears cannot tahan a repeat of those 2 months.

jo,
like dd, i buy milk powder from JB. Mr C is Malaysian, so he likes to breathe in Malaysian air some days, and JB is the closest to home. well. i get him to myself for the whole day too and we discuss things when travelling. full and undivided attn bcz he has no place else to hide from my opinions
happy.gif

dor,
happy.gif
rare appearance here. usually see all the lovely stuff you make then post on FB. you have magic hands la.

dd,
loss of voice. honey helps! i lubricate my throat w warm honey every morning. if the throat still feels scratchy, then i suck on ginseng slices thro the day.

Jo - I buy from Msia as well. i did the maths, for the abbott gain iq (blue tin), it is about S$45 for the big tin which sells for S$68 here in spore. this is non offer price and bought from hypermarket. if buy from chinese medicine shop, usually will be cheaper. i also checked that it is imported from Ireland , same as the Spore tin.

Jo,
Are you talking about http://luvbabies.kimsang.com.sg/? If so, yes, I used to buy from them before I switched to fresh milk.

dd,
Talking about diapers, I recall I used to use those cheapo NTUC Fairprice diapers on Declan during the day because I had to change every 3h anyway so absorbency wasn't a big concern. But at night, I would switch to Pampers and later on Huggies Ultra when I found out it worked almost just as well.
And I also found out that some brands work like magic on some kids, but not on others. Cos Mamy Poko was highly recommended by many, but I think Declan's backside was too skinny or small cos it just kept leaking! Haha, those were the days.

DD
For Bumwear, yes, inserts go into cover. I changed the whole lot every two hours or so. You can leave them soaking first, then dump everything into the washing machine. But use only washing powder, not detergent, as that will ruin the material. I also used Nepia diapers, which you can order from the wholesaler direct. They deliver to your doorstep if you order a carton. Gosh it's so exciting and fun to start all the baby preparation again hor?
happy.gif

bbp,
i love to cuddle, care for and breastfeed newborns, so i get what youpi means. the only thing is that newborns do eventually grow up into .... how shall i describe... sweaty-headed, occasional tantrum throwing short people with a mind of their own on when, how to do what(normally a good thing, but turns me into medusa mama when i m in a hurry, and i *am* in a hurry most days)

the process of growing a person takes at least 20-25 years on the moral devmpt side, the part which causes me the most headache. i will never stop thinking about, caring for and watching over the boys' morals and life values..... so wah to add another one into the mix. gee. no thanks. this is my answer to CNY kaypohs who ask....

http://hisabundantblessingss.blogspot.com/2012/09/two-is-enough.html
no energy la.
I miss my potential daughter Clarice already. Mr C asked me an interesting qn once when I was thinking aloud if we should try for another... what if it is boy#3? will you still love him as much as you do a daughter?
the answer in my heart clarified that i -should- not have another baby, boy or girl.

hmmm.... are YOU absolutely certain Dec wont have any siblings?

maybe i m just feeling this way as C1 had another meltdown on the way to school this morning.

without the maid, i seem to spend an extraordinary amt of time on laundry, sweeping and tidying up. perhaps i should just close my eyes... dun see the mess...
happy.gif

housework problem solved!! *grin*

*wave* to dustee

Cellow,
You misunderstand me. I get the baby part but not the buying diapers, the sterilizing of the bottles, the pumping. Basically the parts that don't really involve the baby per se.

i just went to the gynae and ask for litigation..
He said NO... Im too young...
But im really too tired to have any more..
Even though heart willing, i think i need some extreme measures to ensure that it doesnt happen...
Otherwise, i could jolly well go on to #4 & #5!

bbp,
ah now i catch ball. i outsource all those tasks, i only do the fun and bonding part of mothering that involves the baby :p

youpi,
hehhehhe.
and yes, gynae can say no.

smiggle,
i told Mr C if ever anyone is to be cut, he will be the one going under the knife, not me. giving birth to 2 with a total of 16h of labour is enough.

cellow

to ask men to do that is like taking their manhood away from them, in their thick-skulled heads lah. 99.9% will say no. hehe!

SmiggleP,

"Otherwise, i could jolly well go on to #4 & #5!"... ermmm, are u expecting #3?

bbp,

ur boy so well behaved.. really dun want another? I have 2 cute monsters that is mentally very draining. So unless I don't need to work, I will be stopping at 2.

Wah batgirl is sharp ah! Smiggle? Better quickly clarify.. Got us all excited Liao... Don't keep us in suspense over the long weekend ah! :D

Is Nepia still around? I used that for G as a newborn too! Kinda lost touch with diaper world now hehe

Didn't know there was a diff between washing powder and detergent either!

Not sure if I'm ready for this tiny peanut yet.. Gotto start collecting baby stuffs back from my sisters and do a stocktake soon..

Well, I'm done with work in the office so my holiday starts right now! Will let you girls know if I make it back to SG alive or if i got trampled by 1,000 kids at krazy kidZania! Muaks!

Have a great long weekend y'all!

smiggle diam diam?
happy.gif

hi dustee!

cellow
EVERYDAY everyone wants a part of me. after becoming a mum, i'm suddenly super popular and everyone wants to talk to me or wants my attention. mama see this, mama look at me, honey where are my socks, weh weh weh. i can feel myself disappearing slowly

DD
if you are expecting a girly, i can pass you stuff!

bbp
batgirl is right - dec is so well behaved!!

smiggle,
Haha. Same reaction as batgirl! I say congrats first la. When's the EDD?
How old's your gynae and male or female? I think older male ones tend to want us to have more. So maybe try another gynae?
Anyway, it's ligation dearie, not litigation. Lawyers are the ones doing litigation. I was lost for a while when you mentioned litigation.

dd,
Good luck with the 1000 kids!

Wow!!! Congrats DD!!! Such good news!!

I've so busy, shifting new office and all...

Looking forward to our holiday break in USA!!!

Oh, anyone has winter wear for 1yo girls I can borrow for my niece?

Cellow,
You know... that thing about men cutting = taking away their manhood... I should ask my man... just to see the reaction. Heehee.

dd,
Your talk about washing powder vs detergent made me think of yet another reason why I dread the infant part. Every single thing has to be done separately which is such a pain in the ass.

batgirl, pb,
Thank you for your kind comments on my boy, but seriously, with the amount of ignoring me, the hundred and one "whats" after repeating myself a million times which seriously made me think about bringing him to the doc before I realised it was not an unusual phenomenon, and the incessant talking when I just want him to go take his nap or eat his meal.

smiggle,
Wah, menses late. How late is it already?

shopping
anyone knows of good deals online for see kai run or pediped boys' shoes? i tried browsing the BP section of SMH.... just toooo many to browse

cellow
you will say you don't want boy #3, but if he does come along, there your heart expands again : D hehe

DD
i had to come in to say congrats :D did you mention your due date already? are you gonna just take the maternity leave or gonna take some unpaid as well?

dustee,
*waves* It's great to hear from you again!

dd,
I was eating Hainanese curry rice at Pasir Panjang Food Center and suddenly thought of your Hainanese Chap Chai! When will I get to taste it again? :D

morning!

dustee,
nnnnnnoooooooooooooooo. no more expanding of heart, waistline or boobs. done done done. closed. finito. 工厂关闭!

bbp,
are you talking abt the hainanese chap chai at kho kho nara? last i went, it was no longer on the menu!

shoe shopping links
none?

Cellow,
No..... This hainanese chap chai was made by dd's mil and I was lucky enough to try it at one of G's birthdays.

Now a gathering with cellow's kolo mee and dd's chap chai.... Slurp!

bbp - i thought the chapchai made by DD's FIL? if i remember correctly, i was so impressed he was such a good cook..hehe..but then again, my memory is pathetic these days so you may be correct afterall :p

as for kolo mee..i still have not tasted
sad.gif

happy halloween folks! am dressing up Bean in a pirate costume this wed for school! ^-^

Cin,
Eh, I'm not sure leh. I asked hubby and he thought it was MIL. Anyway, FIL or MIL, same to me la. The Chap Chai is what's most important.
happy.gif

cellow

i lurve SKR and pedipeds. i normally buy direct from US and ship via vpost. if you can find a few pple to share the shipping, quite a good deal!

and btw, i am off to bangalore tonight again! aissssssh!

Hello!! *waves to all!!*

Must say CONGRATS DD!! Yes its really fun and nice to see the 2 kids playing together. Its a joy .. but tough la..

Now the girls sleep on the same bed ... win hor

I remember someone asking abt milk powder? I buy online from luvbabies.. they do have bulk purchase but u just order online and they deliver to your house
i think i order once a month.. haha diapers, milk powder, dynamo etc saves me some trips to NTUC..

Back