(2008/07) July 2008

youpi

You're most welcome! i saw your postings at FB and was about to ask you about it? had fun? looks like the boys sure did!

eventually did you drive up? or took a coach up?

either way its very easy.

youpi,
C1 has been an engineer in the making since.... ~8mo when his way of playing w toy cars was to turn them around, make me spin the wheels and watch the circular motion.
then he graduated onto fans, and is still on them.

kidzania
wow. seeing youpi's and doggiebb's pix makes ME want to be a kid again.

Doggie
Took a plane up instead, then taxi to the hotel. Another family we met drove. They left SG at 6am, arrived after noon. But yes, it's really easy!

I love that there are places like these so close to us, and which are so accessible. Malaysia bagus!

Batgirl
You're welcome!

Cellow
Well he's definitely consistent
happy.gif

wah

make me feel like goin malaysia..
but Kasper is too young for Kidzania and Kayden will be too lonely...

i have not decide where to for yr end..
another other upcoming places??
I heard legoland is hot and exp...

i am so excited about legoland! me, not poppy haha. which is funny cos i'm not a lego fan at all

eh? smiggle change from princess to price ah? keke

youpi

that family took 6 hrs? must have taken more breaks? we left sg to eat dinner at jb. left the jb seafood place at 6pm. We arrived at one world at 10.30pm. took a 20 mins break in the middle of journey. so its only about 3.5 hrs of driving. i think night driving is easier cos really less cars.

PB

I am excited about legoland too. was there last sat to redeem our annual passes and its open already.....but only for PRIVATE EVENT! arrgh! stood there looking in but cannot go in! argh!

smiggle

i think getting the annual passes makes sense and i got mine early this year so its really cheap. think prices now from sistic has already gone up but still make sense lah. and its really targetted at singaporeans. heard you can take coaches from JE interchange and dunno where else to go. but then driving there is super easy. 15 mins from second link only.

and then there is hello kitty town coming up very near to legoland. we went to recce also, can't get close to see as its still closed off and looks like construction is still going on. but yeah, that is indoors! AIRCONNNNNNNNN!

PB
Oooooh you are right, that is something that I would love to do! Need to go and look for boxes... see how. Thanks for the link!

Thanks Cellow! Yes! Nice to have bumped into you! Havent seen your kids in a long while, and my! They are really strapping boys!
happy.gif
I was going mad that day. Wuffy was so out of control!! Batman was also hot and flustered. hehe.

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Jing Xuan! I am going home early for a mini celebration with her (after my boss goes off to the airport! yay!)

batgirl,
we all have those days.

youpi,
that IS a good deal. tempted tempted.

legoland
anyone knows how to drive up to legoland?
i m alone w C1 (yay, full time mum of C1 only) from mid oct to end oct whilst Mr C takes off w C2 to the ILs' place in MY. no one to bug me..... freedom!

excuse me while i rant.
aaargh. hmmph! husbands are blockheads!!! (sometimes)
1) he wakes up late, I am ready, the kids are ready and he is not ready. how hard is it to set the alarm and wake up when the alarm rings.
2) in the evenings, spends more time w the computer on his watch hobby than w the kids or me. leaves the tv to babysit the kids. aaargh.
3) for the record, i hate hate hate cooking or even planning for meals. it is a stupid and thankless job. if the food is good, there is no comment. if the food is not to taste, there are plenty of comments. go eat tingkat!!!! all the hours i spend to think of recipes, grocery shop (since i m able to work from home) and write out each week's recipes for the helper, taking into account C2's nut and seafood allergies. AAAAARARAGGHH.

i wont be around - off on biz trip to chennai, india - next week. he can manage the household and kids all by himself!!! ah wait, he is dragging the ILs down to help. no fair no fair..... *cellow rolls on floor like popiah and throws tantrum*

cellow

i am off to chennai next week too. aissh!

oh to legoland from second link is very very easy. after customs, you just drive straight and.....look out for the BIG BROWN sign that will point you to legoland! wahahah!

takes about 10-15 mins to reach nia.

ha, what a coincidence! doggiebb, where are you staying? i m staying at vivanti at binney road, by taj connemara.

Poor Cellow.. Think all Our hubbies have that trait in them somehow.. Have u girls been to chennai for work Or first time? Never been tO India myself..

So gonna check out legoland? We will be heading fOr kidZania in a couPle of weeks
happy.gif

Have a good Sunday ahead!

Batgirl
You're welcome! Enjoy the changi coast walk, pulau ubin, and eat at coastal settlement... the changi war museum and chapel has a good eatery as well
happy.gif

DD
Woohoo! Enjoy Kidzania!

Happy Belated Children's Day to our darlings!

wah, promos!!! i dowan to click. go back to SG then click.

pb, haha
i was nudged by someone over breakfast today and i was abt to turn around and scold (or at least glare!! heh, fierce me) that person.
whatdya know, tis doggiebb!!

doggiebb,
in case you read this, post and respond hor. i intend to leave office by 430pm today to shop at T Nagar. so will be too early to meet you :p
the indian tops i bought yesterday were bought at a place called Fort Royal, Carpenter Street. short sleeved linen top is 1800 rupees, short sleeved cotton top is 2300 rupees. good workmanship. the shopkeeper gave me a 12% discount straight off as i bought 4 tops.

haha, office cannot access the web email so i post this conversation here.

Disney... Hmm... so that's $12 for both of us. I think Lady & the Tramp is too lovey dovey for a 4-year old boy but Bambi... do you think my oh-so-emo son will start wailing when Bambi's mother dies?

youpi,
That Changi Village hotel deal is super duper good. And I'm fighting off temptation as I speak la. Totally broke after all the holidays we've taken.

PB,
I think it's free entry cos it's a carnival. So you basically buy coupons to spend at those games booths.

bbp
bambi's mother DIES?! i have never watched before. *i* will cry! argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluebunny is bringing her for fox and hound this sunday

cellow and doggiebb shopping in chennai! i cannot get over it. too funny!

Do you feel that this year has passed incredibly quickly? It's almost over! Gosh!

PB
We ended up at a playdate instead ;p Glad you all had fun! Have a blast at Legoland!

Bbp
Those were work trips right? Not counted as holidays lah, hehe.

PB,
Yup! According to Wiki, Bambi's mother dies after getting shot by a deer hunter. Don't wail when the scene comes ok. I have vague memories of Bambi nudging her. Is it me or does Bambi sound more like a doe than a stag?

youpi,
No
sad.gif
Only Germany can be considered as a work trip. There's the long trip we took in Perth (which was such a great & relaxing holiday) and a short Bangkok one! My wallet is weeping as I type!

bambi
yes that scene of bambi's mom being shot, i end up turning away from the TV. so to date, i still do not know how the cartoon ends :p

money
we have been surviving on a single income for the past half year. there is no way that Mr C and I can travel anywhere outside of the region on a single income. I might have a work trip to Melbourne AU coming up end Nov we redeemed the HK plane tix out of air mileage points. if this single income continues into 2013, our ONLY plane trips will be back to the ILs. need to take holidays in pulau ubin and peninsular Malaysia driving holidays. i m selling investments now to fund the boys' montessori education next year. may need to lelong my LV bag and rolex watch soon.... anyway they are only things. the boys' education is more impt.

Cellow
Malaysian road trips are a great idea now, with all the attractions so close to us: Legoland, Kidzania, and soon, Puteri Harbour (hope I got the right name) with Hello Kitty land and Thomas the Tank Engine land and Bob the Builder land (and Lat land!). Staycations are also very fun! Explore our own backyard, lots to uncover and discover!
happy.gif
Gosh, how ex is Montessori kindy?

Cellow,
Plus you got 2 boys so expenses are double!
And those Montessori kindys are SO expensive... hopefully your area is cheaper than mine.

We couldn't afford to send Declan to GEMS Montessori that SY previously recommended cos it was close to 1.5k per term. So not doable on his BIG(not!) businessman paycheck.

I think I won't be travelling for at least a year... my own savings have had a huge chunk taken out by the trips and insurances
sad.gif

youpi, bbp,
ah a response
happy.gif
the thread is so quiet nowadays that i can hear echoes :p heh.

youpi,
1.5k per term. 2 boys less: sibling discount plus: incidentals like school trips and possibly sch bus = at least 3k per term. each year has 4 terms. that's 12k per year! minimum.

bbp,
i wish i can be ostrich and not care!
reckon most montessori schools cost abt the same in any area. unless.... tis MMI, which is not a true montessori school anyway.
wrt travel taking a big chunk out - my view is travel anyway!! explore our own backyard like youpi says. the boys will have those memories to keep.

anyhow. i saw a pix on a fren's FB yesterday "Spending time with children is more impt than spending money on children". applies to the things we buy for them... education is an exception. my own dad said there are 2 things that I must give more of to my children than he provided for me. one is education, the other is love.

I haven't had time to travel in a big way. So far my trips are pretty budget - Superstar Virgo (50% off for early birds); day trip to Legoland; hop across to Bintan and Batam. Next mth going to check out Changi Village Hotel, probably go Pulau Ubin and let the kids get to know nature. BKK in December which is a company trip...

But I want to go for a nice long break. Hubby says Hawaii next year.... but i have ended up disappointed many times that I am not very hopeful. But I do want to go for a nice long break. And hopefully I can "retire" from workforce next year. I want to spend more time with the kiddos and myself. (Cellow, now you know why I am soooo quiet...too busy ekking out a living..;P)

I seriously need time off work.

Youpi: Wah .. Didn't know there were so many 'lands' around ... All in Msia?

Cellow: wear your Kurta out next time we meet ya.. Wanna see!
happy.gif
plain or with those pretty colors n embroidery?

cellow: such wise words from your dad
happy.gif

ok i just realised that this year will be my first year with a 6 week school holiday with TWO kids and am panicking like crazy. half of june hols i had my in-laws here. now, gulp. ALONE! i never thought i'd say this but does anyone know of any good and not too ex holiday progs? our CC doesn't seem to have any!

youpi
kitty and thomas open already? thought soon!

legoland us VERY soon! yay! super yay!

ooooh mummies. got exciting news to share! been quieter than usual here becos... been busy becos... am now (on top of part time everything) part time blogger for hire!! many things still waiting to be published but gears are shifting and i'm so enjoying it! funny how life has changed so much for me
happy.gif

PB
i brought kayden to the JG holiday classes...
It was good...
And he also tried the Shaws little league...

Cellow
already the kindergarten increase fees to $900, i wanna cry already..
i am startin to save up for Kasper liao... He has to register next yr for the yr after..

PB,
yep he occasionally surprises me like that. i mean he is the typical man ya, the do-er, not much of a talker.

youpi,
GULP indeed. but it was you who said since we are going to sell things anyway to fund uni education, might as well sell stuff now to fund pre school education so that the boys get a better shot at uni yes? or at least, i rem you saying smthing liddat. i wish i can blame preggie brain for not remembering whether it was you, and if i got the gist correct... but tis been 2.5 years since i was last preggie
happy.gif

batgirl,
hi5!! *i* want to take time off work. NOW!!! reaction to the work i think. first half of 2012 was REALLY hectic work wise.
i told Mr C that when it comes to the 12 year old gladiator contest aka PSLE, i will take the year off to be with C1. so that's 8 years notice that i m giving him to earn the money.... :p
he retorted with 'you sure you can tahan anot... stay at home and drive yourself plus the boys crazy more like' see la, walau this husband.

smiggle,
K2 was born in 2011 correct? so you are registering him for N1 in 2013, classes starting in 2014???? that's a loooong lead time

ah, still have an hour before the next meeting. stories abt the kurtas. initially wanted to blog, but erhmmm, i think say here better.

so i was in chennai, india last week. we had one hour to shop on Wed evening after completing the financial close. the hotel driver brought us to standalone clothing shops, and my Malaysian teammate and I ended up at Fort Royale, Carpenter Street (details details, in case anyone is ever there again! doggiebb? and want to know where to shop).

Bought 4 kurtas, short ones, just a bit longer than normal tee shirts, raglan style. Initially I thought... ok one for me, one for mom, one for aunt and one for MIL. at ~SGD 50 per piece, they are expensive by Indian standards. but ooooh, the softness of the cotton and the linen. These are tops that will last for ages with the proper laundry techniques.

Anyhow the next day, I had the chance to shop again, this time at T Nagar, which is kinda like our pasar malam in terms of the quality of the goods there. I bought another kurta (much cheaper at only SGD 13) for the MIL. no need to be super nice to her la :p
I havent fully forgiven her for what happened in Bali, and the part she played.

so that is my meanie me story.

Cellow,
Eh, I forgot what happened in Bali, but it's ok, I'm sure you are entitled to whatever meanie things you want to do.
Actually ah, considering you're on a business trip, to think of getting stuff for other people is very good already. You're still a good DIL la.

Haha so that's the Kurta story...

Well i certainly do have a preggie brain... Remind us.. What happened in Bali???

Maybe we can have a dec Hols getogether!

bali
nvm la, pass already. dredging up details will just make me fume all over again. no point.

dd,
HAHHAHA, preggie brain even after 4 years!!!

walau, i m the presenter in a work call on the 7 habit of highly effective people from 830pm till now. luckily i m presenting the 1st habit - be proactive. so my turn is over first. haha.
re reading the book in preparation leads me to think abt what values i m passing onto C1 and C2. hmm. ongoing journey.

dd,
I agree, we should organise a get-together soon!

Cellow,
Your work call has made you not get the hint from dd
happy.gif

To make it more obvious, her preggie brain isn't from 4 years back :D

Corporate mummies: Do you know any local headhunters whom a foreigner can approach to search for a job here?

DD
LOL on preggie brain... how are you?

Cellow
Gosh I don't even remember saying that! Still, GULP. And yes, you are a very good DIL, to actually get stuff for others on a work trip!

Hehe thanks girls! Finally caved in and decided to give G a sibling he's been asking for! Wish we changed our mind earlier but hopefully this means lesser fights next time?

I'm ballooning at a scary rate and the morning sickness is much worse this time round (and is still around!!)

Guess what... Our long awaited kidZania trip may be called off cos sis found out there's gonna be a school field trip of 1,000 kids that day! Is the place big enough for us to brave the kiddy crowd?

Dd,
If I recall correctly, you're due in April right? So you're close to 5 months now? You should be ballooning la.
Fights are inevitable. My brother and I are 5 years apart but we still used to fight like mad.
Have you found out if it's a boy or girl?

I wouldn't brave a 1000 kids anywhere :s

Thanks! Due 22-mar for now. My Gynae only does scans at 12th week, detailed scan and close to birth.. So I'll only find out gender mid next month
happy.gif

Back