(2008/07) July 2008

Hi mummies,

Sorry I got a bit lost... May I ask what babies prom tickets are for?
sad.gif

Still trying to follow on the conversation and the thread. Haha...

youpi - coz i work till 230pm daily.. so if it,s ard 4pm i can go back and fetch e kids down
happy.gif

most likely bringing the kiddos to West COast Park later ard 5pm.. anyone? hee

Hi @}-`,-- cellow --,`--{@ (cellow),

Thanks for sharing. Wow, didn't know they have such things for toddlers too. I would love to go with my son but need to take leave.
sad.gif

Which cat tix you bought may I ask?

Keep you posted!

PB,
You sure are a lucky bunny!

Xtina,
Babies Prom tickets are hot cakes... I think the bulk gets snapped up during priority booking for Friends and Members of SSO. Cos I could only get like 2 rows from the back on the same day it opened to public.

Cellow,

Bukit batok is near for me too!! Where is the place? Can PM me? we should be free this Sat morning. batman would like to expose his lil boy to music.
happy.gif

xtina,
i echo bbp's point abt the bb prom tickets selling like hot cakes. i managed only to grab cat2 on 17 nov 10ish session. siao siao.
it doesnt help that 17 nov is a public holiday... so the tix went flying out really really fast.

well done, PB!

Bbp
Ya! I just thought I'd try my luck anyway even though everything was completely sold out when I first tried. :D

Who's going on 18 nov at 1030am!

4pm at polliwogs on 16 sounds fab! Who's on? :D

Hi bbp (bluebearypie) & @}-`,-- cellow --,`--{@ (cellow)

Thanks for your advice. I should grab mine soon. Wait! 17 Nov is a PH? Oh yeah, den I should grab the tickets like right now. 10:30AM is the only time that fits my boy's schedule.

I'm pretty sure the seats will be very limited now.

Cheers!
happy.gif

hee hee I also just managed to get the bb prom tix.. but its a lousy cat 1 seat 3 row from the front but all the way to the side. No more seats otherwise so well just take la! I am going on 18 Nov 1215 :p anyone going at the same time?

Sigh, I only managed to get last 2 tickets for Nov 17 - 10:30AM. So poor hubby have to wait outside. No choice la, book too late.

Me first time booking through SISTIC online so dunno click what button, end up paying almost $4 for Ticket Protector.... -_-"

Hi smiggleprincess (smiggleprincess),

You'll need ticket for your child if he/she is above 2 years old.

From SISTIC website:

**Free admission for infants-in-arms and child below 2. Child 2 years old & above need to purchase ticket for admission.

Hi Mummies,

May I ask what is the admission fee @ polliwogs? Do they go by hourly rate or flat rate per entry? Tried to call them but didn't pick up. Thinking of bringing my boy there this Fri.

Xtina,
I think it's $16 per child for unlimited play... managed to find it by googling. But more worth if you go with another mother+child cos Polliwogs is having a 1-for-1 if you have a POSB Everyday Card.
All this coming from someone who hasn't been there... hahaha!

Hi bbp (bluebearypie),

Oh there is 1-for-1? Hummm... I don't have POSB Everyday card. Maybe I'll ask my cousin but then she has 2 kids of her own so the 1-for-1 prob ends there.
sad.gif

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out! Actually, I didn't even know Polliwogs existed until i saw this thread today! Haha...

all this talk about outings on weekdays are making the FTWM's green with envy!

haven't been to polliwogs yet n wanna go though so far far away.. who's got that everyday card... come jio me along leh!

fidgets at turf city ah? I didn't like sol cafe leh.. nothing fancy i felt..

haven't checked out tanglin tree house too!

didn't know there's a gelare at liang court.. that tues offer still on?

jace: tell me how it goes with St James ok? so they will take the pricey schoolbus to and fro? it's like a mini van with seatbelts for all kids and an auntie watching them behind?

babies prom: we have been! dun worry about backseats coz you will be out of seats standing most of the time.. right at the stage.. n little kiddos get to go up stage to touch the instruments! :D wah how come this year u all are so on about it hehehe! enjoy!

okie time to dash home and check on my little one....ciao!

Dd yah lo they gg to take the super expensive school bus. Hopefully more people tAkes the bus then the price will decrease per pax. No one will be available to fetch them coz both are in the 11 to 2 session

DD
I bought this year cos I remember you raving about it last year! :D

Mini SOS
Poppy haS an excursion next week and the teachers have requested that the kids all bring a water bottle with strap. Know of anywhere that simply sell straps?

Oh btw major major announcement! No, not preggie. Poppy peed in potty! She took off all her clothes and diaper -_- and was naked at home for about an hour then said "poppy peepee". I thought oh no, on the floor? But I looked and there wasn't anything so asked her to go to the potty and she did. She brought out the potty full of pee! Hehe. Usually it's a few drops. Yay!!!

babies prom
youpi, bbp, jacelyn
the dustee trio is going on the same day/time too! er, last year i only managed to get one ticket so mr dustee brought pomfret and actually i think he secretly loved it more than she did (coz she apparently fell asleep towards the end) (and you know, he is willing to take his annual leave for babies prom ONLY)

pb
yikes pomfret's not even in any cc now and i haven't looked for any kindy either! she'll just have to attend the Dustee Pre-nursery of Free Play for a while longer. but, on certain days (like this insomniac night) i do panic!

PB
Hurray for Poppy!!!

Re bottle strap. Wat kind of bottle is poppy's??
Cos there are straps available for some bottles.
Ended up buying holder kind with straps that u can put any kind of bottles in. But very ex cos we bought the Sanrio Train 1 cos D wanted TRAIN..

Or you jus make 1 for her?? With watever cloth you have and ribbons as straps??
I should have jus knitted 1 for D the other time(but maybe more girly) cos now he refused to use that train 1.

DD
How is bbg??
If still vomitting better bring to pd. D brought back paper from sch again informing of the gastric flu AGAIN. Seems like another major outbreak in 1 of the classes. And a few cases kanna hospitalised.
Seems more serious then HFMD, even the teachers caught it. So scary now I keep nagging at D never to put his hands in his mouth.

Ribbons! Good idea Dor!

Aiyoh I think someone thought I was a hooker this morning! Or was trying to pick me up. I had brekkie was bluebunny at a kopi tiam then we parted ways.

As I was crossing the road a guy in a car stopped to wave at me. I thought he was asking for directions. Then he said "I saw you this morning. You were at the coffee shop right?".

I thought maybe I forgot something there. I said "yes... Why?". He said "I saw you! I saw you there! Where (did you) go? Where you going?"

WT.... Was he trying to offer me a RIDE? Gosh!

Good Morning,

pinkbunny (pinkbunny),
*Whistle* Wah looks like you have a lot of charm! Was he like young & cute and was he driving a Lamborghini or a Ferrari? Otherwise, I think you can forget about him. LOL *just kidding la*

By the way, any mummies interested to go for "SSO Babies' Proms"? I bought the last pair of VIP Box Tickets for Wed 17 Nov 10:30AM and I realized that we won't be in town.
sad.gif

*silly me*

morning all..

i have everyday card! hee..

polliwogs on 16 NOV is CFM? 4pm rite? hopefully my kids wake up early enuff.. nowadays they nap till quite late.. hee

ahahahahhahhahahaa. PB you hv the most interesting encounters la!!

polliwogs
so 16 nov 4pm onz izzit
i most prob will pop by after working at home. C1 is most likely still napping at 4pm though, so tis only mummy cellow going to polliwogs. haha

cellow - hee.. u've given me an idea.. maybe if e kids are still sleeping then mummy crystal shall go polliwogs alone too! hee.. n i wldn't hv to run ard with them! haha.. cait is super clingy lately.. n v whiny! terrible 2s..

crystal,
hmmmm. but hor. my home is within walking distance of polliwogs wor.... you cheonging down all the way from west to east ah?

dd,
G's illness still ongoing? tk care tk care

batgirl,
you want to contact eve directly re the musikgarten demo class this sat instead? i hv been to her place in bukit batok b4 but for the life of me, i cannot rem which ave and all that.
YAY! see you this sat.

Lol at all the mummies who are suddenly getting excited abt polliwogs-ing without the kiddos!

Bbp
Since Poppy started playsch she has been following the routine of lunch at 11plus, nap at 12plus, wake at 2 plus. So I pick her about 3 and can bus down to polli by 4 lor. Cellow maybe we can meet at ur house bus stop and walk over together?

cellow - haha.. good break mah.. hahaha... sometimes its nice to just get away, aint it? haha.. bad mummy here

pb - prob i be there ard 430pm...
happy.gif
hopefully nothing crops up at work! hee

pb - where will u be gg from ah? maybe i can give u a ride since i be gg from home anyway.. but wld u mind squeezing in e front seat OR in e middle of 2 car seats (at e back of car)? hee..

Thanks crystal. I'll never say no to a free ride but I think I'm outta ur way lar. I'll be coming from outram. But I got straight bus to cellow's place then will walk Fr there. But thanks for the offer! ;)

DD
Aiyer wearing normal conservative work clothes lor.

Cellow
You are right - why all this kinda funny things always happen to me :S I meet the weirdest weirdos. Guess I have an aura of weirdness around me Haha

Cellow,

Roger! Dropped her an email liao! But i think I got a chiropractor visit scheduled this sat, but I will reschedule that and go for this! heehee!

Crystal,

you not bad mummy la. I am sure all mummies here cherish their "ME" time. I had a 15 min "ME" time yday. I went to the kopi tiam below my block, ordered kaya toast and teh and just enjoyed the peace and quietness of my neighbourhood without the kids.... It was a very happy 15min! =)

pb
it's very funny! (to me la) but you were probably thinking 'ewwwww' when that uncle stopped to talk to you. your area isn't that sleazy is it? mb he just wants to chat up a pretty girl!!!

yes you meet the weirdest of weirdos, and thus keep the rest of us mummies safe from such encounters! hehe : p

polliwogs
i would join except i'm still, ahem, scared of the slide. so i really don't want to bring pomfret there and have her ask me to bring her down the slide. i will be the one who's whining then.

universal studio
mr dustee's employer gave him ONE ticket for weekday at universal studio. is it worth me buying the ticket and bringing pomfret along? are there child-friendly rides for our kiddies? and would we be spending the whole day there, or just an afternoon is enough?

dustee
go go go to universal studios! i liked it so muchie. pomfret would still be free, adults pay $60. i posted a blog entry about it. go see! go early when it is less crowded (i.e. before the truckloads of tourists from china arrive) and not so hot.

ps why give one ticket? so funny. maybe your husband's employer is one weirdo i have yet to meet

ya, my good deed of the day is done. saving all mums from weirdos! my area ah... becoming slightly sleazy lor, what with the new hotel 81 opening nearby.

polliwogs has a big slide? man, if you are scared of slides, do not go to peekaboo! that slide there is HUGE! and fast! and windey! (as in it goes round and round, not that there is alot of moving air in there). and the safra jurong one - i think you will pengsan just by looking at it hehe.

come la, long time no see you liao. come la.... i will go down the slide with pomfret ok? if you watch poppy for me. deal? hook pinkies?

batgirl
enjoy all the "ME" time you can get!!!! sanity preservation is key to survival!!!

morning all...

pb - okies then, we meet at polliwogs..
happy.gif
sorry i direction idiot.. dunno how to go outram! haha

dustee - i am scared of e slide too! hee.. we will just let pb go down with the kids and we watch from e side? hee..

Wah I am now slide guardian? Must start charging! Sheesh my back still aches from joining poppy on her peek-a-boo rounds yesterday!

Mummies, important note:

Apparently there are many police impersonators and NEA impersonators going around so please keep grill locked and always ask for identification passes.

‎​Police officers shd show a warrant card which shows photo, name, IC number and police crest

Polliwogs:
I will KIV. If I manage to get Declan down for an early nap and he wakes up early enough, we will join you! Cheapo me shouts "Whoever has, Please bring POSB Everyday Card!"

pb - haha.. u v onz! hee.. i hardly bring kids out coz v hard to jaga 2.. hee..

bbp - have heard ur call loud and clear.. will bring mine!
happy.gif

helllloooo!! long weekend coming.. woo hoo!!! i know some one is driving up north loh!!!!

cin, you pop yet?

mummies, kko kko nara next week anyone? (all qing's fault for not jio-ing us this week). PB, you should come all the way to meet us, so we can celebrate your farewell, last week liao, take a super looooooong lunch!!!!
happy.gif

polliwogs.. i wish i could go, but but but... envy envy...

how's everybody????

batgirl, i so get wat you mean abt the 15mins of bliss
happy.gif

just asked my sisters if either of them is avail to watch the boys (actually tis to watch the maid to see that she doesnt do anything she shdnt) tmr afternoon, so that i can have some time to myself or w Mr C. either sleep or watch movie or smthing. this 3-4x waking up every night hor, is a real sanity destroyer. my fuse is v short over small small things.

YAY! tmr i get WE time w Mr C to watch movie. #3 sister agreed to maid and bbsit. tis soooooooo nice to have sisters!

after reading abt u gals raving abt kko kko nara, hubby n i went for lunch there on his bday..

nice nice! too bad i can't join in for lunches! hee..

high chance i am gg polliwogs w/out e kiddos.. haha...

Just a guess: driving up north must be doggiebb hehe

Mich
Ok nobody stone me here but.... I'm really not such a big Kho Kho kara karate fan leh...

Aiyoh last 6 days hor, got so much politics leh. Admin asst giving me attitude, and I have no doubt that the blame for many things would fall on me when I'm gone. How?

Wondering - no matter how swee I try to make it, it will happen anyone (the saboing). So might as well just heck care right?

Back