(2008/07) July 2008

PB, be only be bothered, and accountable to yourself. you want to do swee swee, cos its your integrity and professional, and you can walk outta that office with your head held high. if you think it is right, and you can account for yourself, by all means, HECK CARE to the MAX! they dun deserve you, in my opinion.

michelle - am still here waiting to pop
happy.gif
just idling the time away doing nesting stuff and errands.

pinkb - heck care la
happy.gif

doggiebb - enjoy desaru! safe travels.

cellow - r u watching megamind? hehehe..i want to!

Opps I meant "the saboing will happen anyway"

btw, interesting: origin of the word sabotage. It's cute. The Dutch used to wear big wooden shoes called sabot, and to block a windmill's mechanism they would simply put their shoe in it!

Yeah Mich I am doing everything I can. I handed over very nicely but it was not followed up on nicely and I have become a very easy target for blame. I shouldn't and won't take that project back because I can't and shouldn't be doing everything. I've done my job and not that I don't want to be helpful but I gotta draw the line between helpful and trying to do everyone's job for them. Cos I'm certainly not being paid everyone else's pay!

Cin
Twiddling your thumbs at home? Hehe. Go bungee jumping this weekend or sth la. To coax little bean out LOL

PB,
I agree with Mich 100%. Just be accountable to yourself. Those that matter will understand, and those that don't understand don't matter.

crystal,
Umm, nowadays all my TV/movie are from the computer. I have no idea what's hot at the movies too!

Crystal,
*HUGS*
I will SHAMELESSLY accept the ride :p
Umm, but where do I meet you? Cos if you're direction-bad, then you prob won't know how to get to my place. What time do you plan to leave? Then at least I can sms you in case Declan decides to screw up my plans.
Oh oh, can PM me your HP number too? I lost your number when I changed phone.

bbp - hee.. i think i know where ur plc is.. i used to study at RGPS (which is now HPSS).. hee.. okies.. i will PM u my no... we cfm nearer the date..

crystal,
RGPS - Raffles Girls Primary School
HPSS - What's that?
Are you talking about the school like 5min away from Ghim Moh market?

Guess whose turn is it to be ill at the start of a long weekend =..(

Have a great time with ur kiddos everyone! Who's going for that drama sampler ?

garfield - huh? i din go holiday ah.. i skipped LNT coz of the kids' sch orientation.. hee.. we gg polliwogs on 16 nov

dd - take care! try to rest as much as u can!

I hv come to conclusion that no matter how swee I leave things, some meanies will still find some way to sabo me so I don't care liao. I hand over liao and if nobody want to take resp, I shouldn't be bothered liao.

On to happier topics! Went to Old School at upper Thomson for lunch. So many old school things there hehe. What do you girls miss about school days? I miss playing five stones and my pop up pencil case hehe

i miss those pencils with white-plastic-black-leads that we cannot sharpen, just take out from the top of the pencil and insert at the bottom. anyone knows which pencils i m talking abt ah?

sometimes i wonder what C1 and C2 will be delighted by in their school days.

a few days ago, i wrote a comment in the school commns book to the teachers that he seems to recite only the names of boys in his class. where are the girls la. then last night, i read the response fm the teacher that yep yep he prefers to play w the boys and wont hold the hands of the girls, even when asked.

i find it amusing that he knows to differentiate between boy pple and girl pple la
happy.gif
! at wat age are they supposed to know the difference, did anyone research.

idle thot for a thu-that-feels-like-fri

cin,
wow, you are still around! when is EDD?

I miss my one-leg queen title in primary school. And Yesh, me berry good with 5 stones too. Yes cellow, I know what you saying, mine is colour pencil then keep changing colour push from top come out bottom!! Oh oh, last time no barbie doll, paper doll, change clothes from hard paper then two hooks on top to kiap to paper dolls!! Remember a not?????

Cellow, c1 hanging out with boys made me think of the foxtrot comics, that Jason young boy sooooo scared the girl get near him!!! Think hammie in baby blues is like that... Eboy dunno yet, go around sayang everyone if he/she cries in class....

Old School things,

Missed the zero point, rounders and "big balloon". Loved five stones too! And those paper dolls, they were only brought out to play in the classrooms in the weeks after the final exams. so many years have flashed by since, now kids are all techies - ipod, iphone, PS3, Xboxes, Wii... hmmm..batman has decided last time wuffy is not going to be all "tech-entertained", he wants him to play soccer, learn music etc -- those social and interactive games that requires the human touch.

Cin,

Enjoy your time with sophie bean as mother of one! Mother of 2 is drastically different. will need some time to get adjusted to. Keep us posted when u pop!!

I know those pencils too! I loved the bookshop auntie. Always ended up buying lots of nonsense. Like wires and ribbon :S

Mich
What is one leg queen?

Pb you never play one leg in primary school!!! Basically go around within the half of a basketball court boundary in one leg, jump jump jump to chase after the opposing team. I can kill so many ppl that I was labelled the schools one leg queen loh...

Remember the milk packed in triangle packs?? Always volunteer to be the one to collect cos can leave class earlier before recess!!! Squat by long kang to brush teeth??? Oh so many memories....

Mich
I have never played one leg before!!! I remember the milk but my parents didn't order for me Haha. Oh yes brushing teeth in longkang! And if forget to bring toothbrush, use finger!!

Sports day and Milo van...

another idle thot abt C1 on a weekend-is-here mood

this is a food story. wat else la. C1 'yikes' food and he 'yikes' fans. tis a good thing that he found his passions early in life.

i went out w C1 alone after one of my physio sessions and ended up at pasta mania eating pasta. i scooped out pasta for C1 into his own bowl (i carry a teaspoon and an ikea plastic bowl everywhere w C1). he finished the pasta, then he wanted to eat the sprig of parsley that came as a decorative garnish, said tis broccoli - he loves broccoli - mayb bcz i intro veggies to him b4 fruits. i told him he wont like it, but he insisted. so i put it into his mouth... and HAHAHAH, his face changed. he opened his mouth and asked me to 'mama, take out!' so i did. then asked for water. drank already, kept telling me 'parsley NOT NICE, parsley NOT NICE' indignantly.

i was so bz laughing ... so C1 repeated himself 5 or 6 times la.... he only stopped when i acknowledged that yes indeed, parsley is not nice.

i know what pencils u r talking about cellow! and PB: the hard plastic rectangular pencil cases with different 'doors' opening up to different sections ah?

zero point made out of rubberband

one leg queen?? really never heard of this game b4..big ball?? and what wires did you play with PB??

lurved the triangular milk.. but it was condensed milk hor.. snip off one corner and suck!

cellow... do u know that bbG told me he likes boys and dun like girls... dunno where he learnt it from... then i made a sad face and said... but i'm a girl too.. then he gave me a hug and said: i love u mummy hahaha

but C1's reaction to parsley is so cute hehe..

new word in bbG's vocab: ACTUALLY.. n he keeps using it!

Awww bbG so sweet! And parsley C1 is so funny!!

Wire- didn't play any games with them. Just bought them to be "stems" of roses made with ribbons -_-

And cellophane paper to paste on classroom lights for decor during carnivals etc.

Anyone brought badminton racket to school? Old maid? Mu ji zhua xiao ji? Crocodile, may I cross the river? Hopscotch?

ya.. i melt each time he comes hug and kiss me or says i love u mummy.. unsolicited.. n when he's funny.. he will kiss my hand and say: i love you mummy hand.. or i love u mummy head...

wah artsy creative PB started from young... i totally hated art and can't do anything creative for nuts

remember: mr wolf mr wolf wat time is it now? hahaha

DD
Awwww bbG is super sweet lah
happy.gif

Those pencil cases, yes! The more compartments the better!

Cellow
LOL on C1 and parsley! That brought a smile to my face.
They still sell colour pencils like that at Popular!

Batgirl
I loved rounders too :D

What is "big balloon"? Is it that gooey thing that you stick on top of a tiny straw-like stick and blow up into a bubble? Then splat! onto someone else's face or hair? Hehe.

Old Skool memories...
Yup, those triangular milk cartons that gave way to the normal ones and weird tasting milk with flavours like banana and something green, was it pandan?

I remember Pepsi Cola 1-2-3.

Hopscotch - kids still playing this now.

Slime...

Paddle pop. And the song that goes with it.

Erm any of you old enough to have brought the cuboid-shaped tin lunch bag (with a thermos and a lunchbox in it) to school? It's a vintage item now.

Gosh I am old.

Old Maid, Donkey, etc card games - can still buy some at Popular, or at those party shops.

I just bought the styrofoam put-together aeroplanes and the parachute soldiers to give out in #1's school birthday celebration goodie bags.

But does anyone know where to buy paper dolls these days?

Youpi,

there is another term for it..i think is hokkien "dua bay long" sound like "big balloon". it is not the gooy thing. how to explain ah.... there are 2 teams, one team is to form barricade like guards while the other has cross the human barricade without being touched by the guards. this needs a big place to play, like the basketball court. The basketball court has horizontal lines sectioning it to 3 or 4 sections. the guards will be toeing the horizontal lines while the other team tries to run from one end of the court to the other without being "touched". dunno if this makes sense or not...haha..sekali it is only a game played by my primary school. :p

DD
Tell me abt it. E learnt 'actually' and "but" (no prize for guessing correct from who) and wah...........I've never heard a sentence with soooooo many BUTS.

And they are jus sooooo sweet when they want to be huh.

Wai wai,

Is XP stressed? Read in the papers that there is a syndrome where people pulls hair due to stress. I used to do it during school days, never knew it was due to psychological factor. But XP is a little young to be stressed??

"paddlepop (hoo!) paddlepop (hey!) it's super duper yummy!"

?

happy.gif

youpi: cuboid-shaped tin lunch bag... sorry! dunno!

oh but i know that funny smelling bubble thing that we put on the end of a small stick and blooooooowwwwwwww away. then you can re "kok" it and add more air to make the bubble bigger...

DD
on the contrary, i was very bad at art in school!

Reporting from expo which is packed like sardines! Mph sale! Robinsons sale!

Leave the kiddo at home or end up not getting to browse through books properly cos he fights to carry box, screams to walk down a different aisle n threaten to get lost in crazy crowd arrgh!

batgirl:
I hope XP is pulling hair for fun, not that she is stressed. XP is staying with my PIL during weekdays and come home on weekends. Not sure would it be a cause of stress to her due to diff environment and parenting style...

ooo!!! Congrats cin!!! Post pictures on FB!
happy.gif

Wai wai,

Observe a while more ba, could be a phase. If still no improvement, i think better check with PD.

oh ya waiwai.. i had a friend whose bb did this too for a while.. but she kinda outgrew it herself.. not sure how to help though.. i guess gently remind her each time she does it... not to do it?

guess who's got constipation from not wanting to eat lunch and dinner, but only wants his crackers... from vomitting to this.. can't recall if i've updated you all.. his vomitting went away.. but the first nite of medication was horrendous.. simply refused.. fought his life to spit out every drop of it.. major chaos in the house.. next day? kwai kwai took it.. telling me to squirt bit by bit or he may vomit... *rolls eyes*

oh ya.. anyone ordering from drugstore or iherb anytime soon? esp now when USD is weak again? need to stock up on sugar free sambucus...

DD
i may order some more stuff. cos USd so low!! i just ordered on batch. let me know if u wan to order anything.

get him to drink more water?

hee bringing the kid to a sale is really tough. i ended up with nothing after 2 hours when i brought jx along.

cin
congrats!!!

mummies
so many posts to catch up!!! nowadays jx sleeps really really late. like 11...she is so energetic and forever not tired......

mummies
ask u
do you think i shd join alumni? my fren told me whether i join alumni or not won't make a difference to my chance of getting into nanyang. me and hb argued over this silly point just now and he still black face me till now. can't stand it. my fren called up and they told her no need to join and will still get in cos old gal. but my hb feels that we must make doubly sure. nanyang alumni very ex leh. will cost 1k. and if it dun make a difference to the chance, no need to spend such money right.

ever heard of old gal/boy cannot get into the sch?

SY
Since your friend already say she called up and they say no difference. If you doubt then call yourself lor just to confirm.

But personally I think should be no prob cos I am banking on sending D to our old sch cos its jus nearby.

DD
I will wait till I have another 20% before I will order from drugstore. hehe

SY
Me too. I have never heard on old girl/old boy not getting kids into old school. I want to send poppy to my old sch but it's quite far.

Dunno why I am SO tired. Remember the extreme tiredness/sleepiness during first trimester? It's like that. But I'm not preggie. Lovely bluebunny brought poppy out so I can rest
happy.gif
but it's a bit worrying cos I've been getting this quite frequently

Ooh have u done the test pb?

Planning to send bbg to his daddy n grand daddy's school too but we need to move la...so must pray for windfall AND property prices to crash

Back