(2008/06) June 2008

<font color="0000ff">Sorry to interupt...

Anyone interested to get this from me or exchanges?..hope to sell off at S$60 inclusive of normal postage...

Jus gave birth via c-sec on 26th Mar, bot at TMC@ S$71... jus worn less than 5 days, 2 days at hospital, 3 days at home...

Open for vouchers exchange or bb items... =))

interested parties pls email me [email protected]</font>

what is the diff between the PIS original and the PIS advance? is the promo at firstfewyears best ever till now??

how abt ameda? i heard many good reviews of it and its also much cheaper.. so im tied between these 3.

any advices??

hi tinyfeet, the major difference is that advanced is a 2-phase expression system. it issupposed to imitate bb's suckling to stimulate milk flow (1st phase) followed by the expressing of the milk (2nd phase). I was deciding between Original and Advanced, but eventually bought Advanced cos it was just $150 more expensive at Isetan sale where I eventually bought the pump. Also, Advanced was sold with a Zaky infant pillow which I wanted for the bb. Original was sold I think with a digital forehead thermometer (which I'm told is quite cheap).

Morraine,

Aunty Su just smsed me, she'll come to massage for me this Sat. So, i can get my massage again. hehe.....

tinyfeet,
You can get aunty Su nbr in our June Motherhood yahoo group. We had a contact list of massage lady in the yahoo group. Btw, just to inform you, tat Aunty Su had been 'fully' booked by most of the June mummies for post natal.

babyjo
on my last check up i did ask me gynea how the procedure for ligation....and he ask y i need to
ligation....close shop lor....stop at three lioa.....

BF is better....can anywhere anytime to feed....

felicia,
so gd..i sms her n ask her to come tis sunday..but she no reply leh..maybe later i call her..hehe..

Hi, not loging for a while. My finger very painful, especially thumb. Ring is too tight now. Any jewlerry store can enlarge the size of the ring on site? Checked some stores, they need to take back to factory to do the work but no on site work

Shirley, I think some chinese jewlery shops can do it on site, try to ask around. but if your ring is too tight now due to water retention, no point enlarging the size of the ring yeah? cos it will go back in size after pregnancy?

Shirley, depends on your doctor, your pregnancy, and whether you are on package. NOrmally, after 28 weeks, most women go back to their doctors once every 2, 3 or 4 weeks. I pay my doctor per visit, and my next visit is in 4 weeks' time. 28 weeks, then 32 weeks. After that, it will be 34 weeks, 36, 37, 38, etc. My doctor told me it is a bit unusual to have me go back at 32 weeks, and not 30 or 31 weeks, but cos my pregnancy is very normal and he reminded me to call him if anything unusual happens between 28 to 32 weeks..

hi felicia,

my estimated due date is 2 july actually as changed from my first EDD which was 30th Jun ... so im expecting my baby much later than u girls and is learning a lot from the topics u all ve been discussing as oppose to me joining the july thread.

ive contacted my massage lady too for the post natal massage..but was thinking of trying auntie su for the pre natal one as everyone seems here loved it!

cactus,
so is $549 the best price for the PIS advance without any free gift the best buy so far?? whats the promo at KK anyway?? do u have any idea??

tinyfeet,

Ur EDD is about a week later than me. Mine is at 26 June. If you wnat to get Aunty Su for pre natal better call her now, coz she said pre natal massage only only done before we reaching our 8mths. So this round shall be my last pre natal oso. Did you manage to get the nbr from yahoo group?

Hi tinyfeet, I don't know about the promo at the KK shop. I've not seen any PIS advanced sold at below $700 without any free gift leh... I bought PIS Advanced with a zaky pillow at about $654. That was last month.

Angel z
The JL expo sale is still on, until 13 april, so you can still go get them, while stock lasts of course, cheapest nursing bra there is $5.90 each, there are 3 carts selling nursing bras there.
For me, I also bought breast pump, but it is for me to pump on one side, while bf directly bb on the other side, or to express n store in freezer if my bb miss a feed, to maintain my bm supply, cos if i reduce the feeds, the supply will also reduce, and slowly no more.

Zuen,
I also cannot wait for bb to come out, getting tired, and feeling the difficulty in walking, doing things, sign....i also put on abt 11kg now i think, and i was already overweight pre pregnancy, actually shldnt put on more than 11kg, but i dont noe how much i will put on when i deliver

Angel z,
If you wanna find out more about how to breastfeed successfully, can check out the course organised by breastfeeding mothers support group, i think $35 for 4 sessions, every sat afternoon,I learned that for my #1, and managed to breastfeed my #1 for 10months, if you already thinking not sure if you can bf directly, you will give it up the moment you face with difficulty, dont give up so easily for the sake of your bb

yeah i managed to get her number...it ends with "0549" is it??

can just message her and ask if she can come for prenatal massage is it? or is it better to call coz its my first time corresponding wither her??

cactus,
if thats the case, then $549 is really very cheap??

tinyfeet,

my edd also in july. 3 July - first visit, then gynae changed to 30 june. plus minus a little, anyway, very few babies come out "on time".

Just saw my little minnie.... 1.152 kg at 27 weeks.... very happy.... my legs get really swollen easily nowadays, but good thing bp sill normal.

Anyone went to the ongoing METRO INFANT FAIR? Got things to buy?

tinyfeet,

Yes, the nbr is correct! Maybe u sms her first, normally she'll only reply at night. So, if you dont get any sms, maybe you give her a call by then.

from what i know the shop at KK is the same as first few years.

i call them a moment ago and they mentioned that its the same price whether i buy it online or at the shop in paragon

the diff is..im looking at buying the changing mat as well at $59..so if i buy the PIs advance at the shop (above $300) i get the member card and subsequently have 10% discount on my changing mat or any other items i may buy there

hi piyoz,

im hoping that my baby comes out 2 days earlier back on the 30th june as thats my very first wedding anniversary!

but then again, her safety comes first and any date will do..so long she is healthy and safe.

my gynae only mentioned that she is at 1kg and she never give me exact weight one

hi ladies ! finally got thru - the sale is the same as online - which iamsnow posted the link to (firstfewyrs website)

the 2007 model backpack is $549
2008 model backpack is $699
2007 shoulder bag model is $599
2008 shoulder bag model 669

so Cactus, you still got a better deal !!!

iamsnow,
thanks for the link! cactus, thanks for the assurance, seems like it is a good buy.
happy.gif
just wonder how long the promo is. guess only thing is got to make our way down to KK/paragon and buy.

k ong,
i thought i saw $400+ for one of the models when I was at the shop. i think i must be blind! haha....

tera,
the promo is while stock last. coz I asked abt the medela swing too.....

iamsnow,
thanks for the info, aiyoh, hmm while stocks last. then i think i shld go down soon or just order online..
happy.gif

K Ong, oh, I see. I did'nt realise there were so many different pricing for the various models. confusing... I think the backpack model is better cos easier to carry... personally, don't think there is any diff between 2007 and 2008 models, save the face plate issue and the funnel has been improved.

Hi mummies / mummies-to-be

I have the following up for sale:

1)Disposable maternity panties - 2 pkts (5 pcs in each pack)

2)Palmer's nursing cream - used once (comes with 4 pcs of disposable breastpads)

3)Herbal bath - 10 pkts (2 sachets in each pack)

4)BN Pigeon wide neck milk bottle

5)10 pcs of Pigeon Breastpads

Interested pls email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Cactus: Wa... $5 a pc for nursing bra.. thats so cheap!! but its at batam... out of reach for me leh...

Fennie: Thanks for the info on the breastfeed support grp.. will check it out.. You always very encouraging de.. with all the emails and tips.. heehee..

Ya.. i very scare i will stop BF when faced with difficulties.. hopefully not.. *crossing fingers*

Wa.. so JL sale last till 13 apr.. cos usu sale at expo only last thru 1 weekend.. dun know whether the JL outlets got sale or not.. cos expo very far for me as i stay in the west..

iamsnow..

with regards to the discount card, i dunnoe leh...i din ask..coz she got me very excited by telling me got mebership card already..hahah i also forgot to ask her when is the promo till...

iamsnow : i think there is the basic model which is abt 400 plus ... but i'm not sure if it comes with a bag/carrier ... cld it be that which u were looking at ??

The basic model should come with the bag/carrier. It's a complete set. it's just that it doesn't have the 2-phase expression which advanced has.

angel z,
i also stay in woodlands, hehe, but worship @ church in simei, so went with hubby n son yday after church, dont think can get it at $5.90-$7.90 for nursing bras in JL outlets, but you can try looking ard, anyway, expo until 13 april, still got time

i find attending bfsg talk very helpful, at least you know ahead what you will expect, then you know how to overcome it, i also faces difficulty that time, like my mil will tell me, bb keep crying, is it bcos you dont have enough milk, i also experience blood while expressing, and painful breast, have to let it run under warm shower, or use cold cabbage leaves, if you learn abt it, you know how to deal with it, if it happens, believe me, it is really very convenient &amp; cost saving, can feed in bed in the middle of the night, no need to wake up to make formula, or defroze frozen milk, dont have to bring so many barang barang when go out with bb

iamsnow, actually I did some cost comparison. It was a difficult decision for me to come to before I eventually bought PIS. Cos my SIL offered to pass me her medela mini electric and her avent manual single pump, just to try out to see if have milk supply. If have supply, her suggestion was then to buy a better pump and not waste money in buying a better pump to begin with. I almost decided to go along with her suggestion, esp since hb and I plan to try for #2 soon after #1 is born (therefore, I can't breast feed for long).

But I eventually decided to buy PIS cos I learnt that inefficient pumps may stop or decrease supply. Also, I checked out the prices of infant formula and realised if I were to breastfeed exclusively for 5+ months, it is actually the price of PIS advanced. Bearing in mind that I hope to have 2 kids eventually spaced close together, it made more sense for me to buy PIS.

hi ladies, i used PIS advanced old model before. It's really really a very very good pump. However, the pump is heavy. However, the 2008 PIS advanced seem much lighter than the old version. So is worth to invest a good pump if u intend to bf long. Will break even with FM since it's so exp now.

Ameda has the dunno what dual hygiene kit whereby the milk won't flow backwards. Advantage is no contamination. Medela dun hv such feautre but it got 2 phrase expression and a let down mode. It's really help me from engorgement free since my supply is more than demand.

Danryan, so did ur gynae advise any side effects? Bcos i heard ppl complaining longer PMS, spotting, no period or longer period after ligation leh

fennie: wa... so every week you travel all the way to simei for service?

yup.. will go ard to look look see see..

thanks again..

angel z,
yes, every week, hubby drives, so it is not too far, about 25mins.

u r welcome, i just share what i know, glad it helped

ladies, I was relooking at the pricing list posted by K Ong. I think it very strange that the 2007 model (backpack) is cheaper than 2008 shoulder bag model. But the 2008 shoulder bag is cheaper than the 2007 shoulder bag. I'm wondering if the motor for the 2007 model is diff for backpack and shoulder bag...

older model, the weight is really heavier. Better get 2008 model. Opinion from a bf mummy who owe the current 2008 and ex-owner of 2007 backpack

cactus and babyjo,
yeah, what you said made a lot of sense as in the cost of pump will be amortised in the long run. actually i thought I can get a breast pump when bb is 2mths old cos i thought can just let bb latch on. but fren told me recently cannot wait and shld get before giving me birth cos first few days, bb might not latch on and we need to pump to keep the supply. and she strongly recommends PIS advanced so therefore am keeping a lookout for good deals now.
happy.gif
did think of renting from TMC first but am a little concerned abt the sterilisation.

babyjo,
so 2008 model is better? hmm, there's a price diff of $150. was thinking of getting the 2007 one.

Tera, if you plan to get the 2007 one, pls make sure it is not the model with defective face plate. I recall talking about it on this forum some time back... Medela never recalled their units with defective face plate which causes poor suction and the popping out of the face plate on the motor. Instead, Medela would send their customers (those who complain) in USA a replacement faceplate. The face plate was actually redesigned a couple of times before Medela got it correct.

Your friend is correct. you need a pump in stand by cos if your bb is small sized, the mouth may not be big enough and a big mouth is needed to latch on. Also, if your bb is born jaundiced, the PD may advise not to give breastmilk so soon, so it's better for you to express for later use.

Back