(2008/06) June 2008

iamsnow,
hmm...anything he is short of? like wallet etc?Where u goign for dinner tonite?

shycloud,
same lor, tink men bery practical one...saw today flowers super ex, not worth it =D>..

feifei,
he has everything he need. coz our anniversary, his bd, xmas all very near. so all already bought.... all fall within oct to jan..... *headache*

we going to eat sushi at sakae or ichiban.... just a simple dinner. coz today everywhere sure very crowded and very exp one...

iamsnow...
agree...its a very touching moment for me @ least...i only get 1 blue bouquet during our first year together...and he mentioned tat will be the last too!

feifei,
ya man...my hb super practical one lor..not worthwhile to buy flowers on Vday...but if i really INSIST...i think he also no choice...but he sure will grumble after tat...aiya no point lor must be willingly and with sincerity.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL OF U

cactus
for both i have normal delivery and no epidural...baby is in correct position....for my #2 delivery, doc ask me whether i want to wait for Msian National Day or not coz that time i was in labour ward at 9pm on the eve and i told him i don't want to wait so by 930pm he broke my waterbag n 1030pm all done.

As for my both experience if u feel the contraction and back pain mayb it is the signal for you to be ready if the EDD is correct...

happy valentine's day everybody!
1247023.jpg

just to clarify this is not my child, it's a client who gave me permission to use their kid's photo.

Happy Valentine's Day, girls!
happy.gif

iamsnow,
Does he play any PSP/xbox 360/ps3 games? Maybe can get him a game? Prolly the shop can recommend some new games. Or how about a shirt? Just some suggestions.
happy.gif

shycloud,
Got receive b4 from hubby very good liao. i only received 2 from my hubby and i also know he finds it not practical. apparently, the 1st bouquet was sent only because our mutual friend (who intro us to each other) told him to send. *faint* hehe, guys will be guys.

tera,
he does not play games..... not much hobbies. so diff to get something.... as for shirt. we went to phuket for hols, and he tailor made a lot of pants and shirt.... haha.... it's okie lah. think i just act blur.... HAHAHA......

Just got email from colleague informing that Spring Maternity is having post CNY Atrium Sale from 14th to 25th Feb. The sale will be at the area outside the Suntec outlet:

Maternity Tees at $12
Knit Tops and Bottoms at $19
Woven Tops $25
Woven Bottoms/Dresses $29

May want to check it out if you are in the Suntec vicinity.
happy.gif

iamsnow,
Don't play games also good. One of my frens was complaining about her hubby being rather hooked on comp games and neglecting the bb. Hehe, tailor make in Phuket is cheap is it? I know BKK also v popular with guys tailoring their shirts.

tera,
it's really cheap to tailor made in thailand. we tailor make whenever we go bangkok or phuket.

for quite good material, one top is around 25+ and pants is around 60+. if u go for cheaper materials like cotton, it's even cheaper. the worksmanship also quite good.

Hey Danryan, so cool! Without epidural ah!!! I also dun want but not sure if can tahan the pain! If bb gal, will feel more confident.But was told bb is mickey. Less confident but will try hard to tahan. Ithink it's much better to do without epidural.

Ladies, I'm planning to get a maid to help out with the bb when bb arrives. how early do you think I need to start my search from the time I need help? I will be relying heavily on my MIL and another maid until bb is 4 months old. After that, will depend on my mom (who has 40 days of annual leave to be used in Nov & Dec) and my retired dad. Sooner or later my mom has to return to work and can't helpwith the bb, and Ican't leave my dad alone at home with the bb. I'm also ending my part time work in Dec and will revert to full time in Jan 09. Any ideas?

iamsnow,
Wah, cheap and good.
happy.gif

cactus,
Not sure i got you correctly. That means your maid will start looking after your bb from 5th mth onwards or only when you revert to full time in Jan 09? For my case, maid will start looking after bb once born so I was advised to get one in late April/early May so as to give her time to settle down and familiarise with the environment.

cactus,

U may want your maid to come slightly early so she can be familiarise with the family?

My fren, her maid agency took many weeks to get a maid for her, i tink around 1 mth plus.

cactus, i will also be hiring a maid to help out. prob will start sourcing in apr. doc done in may and arrive in may, just before i give birth bah.... u intending to hire from which country one??

cactus
My hubby who told me not to take epidural....i i didn't think of taking dat also...

I also plan to take maid b4 my delivery...coz my mom now 63yrs old...my 2 sons already make her like tarzan....pity her to take care for my 3rd bb....hmmmm...ever hint hubby if we have the 3rd one, we have to take maid already but till now no news or mentioned abt maid leh....i just pity my mom.....

I think I'm hoping to get maid come in in jan 2009 latest. but not earlier than Oct 08. Cos I dun want my maid mix too much with my SIL's maid who is at my IL's place now. My SIL's maid is quite a troublemaker for my ILs and my SIL. Scared bad influence. Maybe in this case, I should start looking after my confinement? Maybe in Aug 08?

I'm hoping for a young unmarried filipino with experience with babies, or a middle aged married filipino with grown up children (teens). I'm open to Myanmar and Indonesian. I heard Myanmar maids are very gentle and good with children. Does anyone know if they can speak english? There are some good english speaking Indonesian maids too, so am open to them.

Danryan, can I find out why your hb told you not to take epidural? I understand that alot of hb's cannot bear to see their wives in great pain so rather they take epidural although the side effects and risks of epidural are well known. When I was first pregnant, my hb told me to please take epidural.. but after I started reading up on natural birth, he actually changed his tune and told me actually birth without epidural is better. Now that I have hb's support is battle half won but alot still depends on bb's size and positioning and my tolerance for pain.

initially i was thinking of myanmar maids coz i wanted a maid who pref can speak chinese so can communicate with my mil. but to start off with, not a lot of agencies have myanmar maids. and almost none (out of those i called) have chinese speaking ones.... plus myanmar maids have more exp agent fees. we need to pay the agent higher comm..... so now i'm thinking of indo maids....

Tera,
Tks for the infor...Will be going suntec on sat lor..>Do u know wat time they open? ;p.

Ellysia,
Tks ger...tonite will be my 3rd lesson liao so next lesson will be on bb care =D...Tink tonite will get to watch e labour video lor...

cactus
Despite to avoid extra charges for the epidural...what u have said above like side effect all dat are some of the cause my hubby told me...but i endure the pain for a while and after bb is out from our worm.....wow what a feeling hehehhehe...relief dats is how our mum gave birth to us.....yes i admit the pain is unbearable if the contraction comes n go like our waist want to break into 2....

feifei,
Spring @ Suntec is open from 11am so I think the atrium sale should start around that time as well.
happy.gif

iamsnow,
Yah, i've also heard myanmar maids not easy to get. If I can't get myanmar, then I'll go for Filipino.

cactus,
I also heard good reviews on myanmar maids. My relative's maid who's from myanmar can speak English.

Danryan,
I felt shivers down my spine when you mentioned the waist like breaking into 2..aiyo, u r very brave!!

Feifei,
I oso read that we shouldnt go to the hospital too early. You will end up struck in the bed and might not give birth immediately. Nothing much to do and oso incurred medical bills.

iamsnow,
I used to think that way too and I told hb not to buy me flowers cos waste of $$. Hb more than glad to obey. However, cannot help but envy other people on V day. Haha.

cactus,
I dun have a maid and not intending to get one. However, I think it is better to do so earlier. Not only can the maid familiarise herself, you oso have the option to change maid if unsuitable. I heard of stories where family change a few maid before finding the ideal one.

cactus
both i delivered are boys but now a girl...hopefully will be the same as b4....

zuen
what u mentioned is correct...don't straight away to hospital....i will call my doc 1st b4 going to hospital...don't waste time or u will b charge extra day

Tera
Sorry, i didn't mean to scare to all MTB....

Hopefully all MTB will b fine and wish all the best...
1247283.gif

Dan,

Do we get our gynae's handphone number at 3rd trim? I mean cos delivery can be anytime and the clinic may be close.

Ellysia,
I will be asking for my gynae's no tmr lor..cos just in case anythign happens in e nite, at least we hv some advice...

Ellysia
I keep my gynae HP No from the day 1 (fr my #1 pregnancy till now)...his HP will b on 24hrs. I will call his HP when my EDD is due or feeling the contraction. He will ask me when is my EDD, when is the contraction start and told me to time the contraction pain or if any bleeding then can straight away to hospital....

hi....
Happy V day to all mummies.
happy.gif
so wat plans are u all having today?

sigh... my turn to be falling sick... been having runny nose and i can feel a sore throat coming.

i went for my detailed scan yest already.
happy.gif
everything is ok...
happy.gif
and very very confirmed that mine will be a minnie.
happy.gif
gynae says she is quite big too... she did a measurement and estimate her weight to be abt 430g (@21 weeks).

Tera, can help to update the chart? thanks!
happy.gif

ellysia,
there shld be an emer number for u to contact on your gynae appointment card. the number shld help u to get in touch with either someone from the clinic or the gynae in times of emergency. maybe u can ask the nurse next time u go for checkup.

Hi soyabean! congrats on your minnie!!

re: doctor's hp number, my hb's also holding on to the number for me. the plan is if I think I'm in labour, hb contact doctor and try to book a bed for me in advance. it may be easier for him to do so cos he works at the same hospital and the nurses prob find him familiar so more willing to help us pre-book. My doctor is also the only consultant of labour ward so most of the time he is roaming there if he is not at his clinic. I'm seeing him at SGH. I was told before 24 weeks, if any pain or bleeding, go to A&E.After 24 weeks, go straight to labour ward. If I think I'm in labour, I'll call hb who will call doctor. but the actual admission is likely to be later. as late as possible.

Soyabean,
Congrats on your minnie.
happy.gif

Cactus,
If after 24th week have to go to the labour ward? I tot just go to the A&E regardless. ;p
Anybody noes wat to do for TMC?

Hi ZuEn, I think different hospitals have different practises. You should check with TMC what to do. I know for KKH, just go to A&E regardless of how far along in pregnancy we are. For SGH, after 24 weeks, go to labour ward. There are A&E facilities there too.

soyabean,
Congrats on Minnie and happy V day to u too!
happy.gif
No probs, will update the chart after this. Will be having dinner with hubby tonite, that's all.

Hmm, seems like I should also check with the nurse on my next visit, the nbr to call in times of emergency.

hi all,
thanks for the congrats!
happy.gif

feifei...
thanks...
happy.gif
hey actuali i dropped by taka after my checkup yest. alot of stuff are on 20% disc now... so hor... some mummies here if need to stock up on baby products can go and take a look now, no need to wait for baby fair.

soyabean,
u din buy anything there?

Tell u all hor, just now i went poo, again have someting like pulse *duno if correct spelling*...the whole chunk of flesh came out, cannot push in cos bery sore...sorry for being gross...haiz, i can't sit uprite now..so pain...every wk i also like that...bery scare to go toilet now leh..ate alot of fruits and drink water but still like taht...was so sad just now that i cried in the toilet...

dan,
i heard my gf said it will be very painful wor... i'm also wondering whether want to take epi or not leh... confuse..

liew
yes its painful lor....in labour ward once i felt the contraction my hubby will surrender his arm for me to squeeze to tahan the pain hehehehe....

from my gynae practice, we booked which bed we prefer 1st thing when we consult our gynea...so when the EDD comes we no need to call n book last minute and i am the one who call the gynea not my hubby which he don't know how to describe the pain we had.....i will straight away to the A&E, the staff will push me to labour ward and my hubby who do the registration.

soyabean
congrats on yr minnie

feifei
that is not piles....me also had these now but i push it back in....is these yr 1st preggy?? When you pass mortion or urine the flesh will comes off is it??

just now i go view other mths mummy blog messages.. notice that all of them early birth their bb's.. more or less early 2 weeks. think i can start for planning 3 mths maternity leave liao...

hi gers, been a while since i pop in coz busi wif cny n all.

re - V day
i forgot abt it totally n surprisingly it was hb who remind me. so we be going for just a movie n a simple dinner, coz today everywhere sure very crowded and very exp...

re - taka baby fair
i called taka and was told tat it will be on 6 mar, for 2 weeks.

Danryan,
Ya lor, 1st pregnancy lor..hiaz...I can't push them in yet cos too sore liao haiz...Is there any cream we we can apply? cos the thingy is danging there, so when we sit down, we are pressing on it..bery pain =(..
THe flesh will not come off lor...its just a piece of flesh sticking out frm our anus...difficult to push in..But if tmr, then it will shrink bk inside by itself wor...only suffering now...

Crystal,
hi ya..how are u?
My fren told me the taka fair is on 9th wor...hmm...

hi,
anyone needs the obimin supplments? i have one bottle, only consumed a few tablets. expiry is nov 2008. if anyone wants it, i can pass it to you
happy.gif

feifei,
If it makes you feel a little better, I am also suffering from the "flesh" problem. I got it once in 1st trim and then just last week, it came back again. I've been having it almost everyday this week. Some days it's there, some days it seems to have gone back. Hang in there, my friend.
happy.gif
Maybe u can ask ur gynae tomr if there's any medication or anything we can do to alleviate it?

hi crystal,
welcome back!
happy.gif

Back