(2008/04) April 2008

New Mama Bottom Spray

Hi Ladies,

I'm from the Feb 2008 MTBs thread.

I bought this New Mama Bottom Spray before my delivery, as it was highly reccommended by some mummies that it eases the episiotomy wound and helps to heal faster. However, I totally forgotten about it after I got discharged and didn't use it at all.

I bought it at $43.45, and selling it at $38 now. Anyone interested please email me at [email protected]

http://www.starhealth.com.sg/ProductCatalogue.asp?Code=ER0024&Rnum=25124026

<font color="0000ff">Hi Geryl,
haha sama sama... my no1 i bring so much also never used... keke...

Hi jaspire,
rest well lah...

Hi koori,
TMC will provide a small bag with small towel, toothpaste (small tube), toothbrush, soap inside if I'm not wrong.... unless u want to used urs then u bring, my no1 was c-section... so basically for the 1st 2 day, i'm bedbound, so din ready have chance to used the toilet, only used hot towel to wipe myself, plus aircon mah... so i think i might just packed my facial wash, coz my mother is very relunact for me to touch water especially on the 1st few days....

f pain below my breast... a lot of tense... then i know he would want to carry so i ask for wheel chain... then hubby carry... cry all the way.. .when i'm inside... he keep asking his daddy where is mummy... which i can hear inside.... haiz....

Hi Jamie,
wat to do.... but at least u know ur child is so attached to you... when they grow old u don have chance anymore... so even though i know how sticky my boy can get... i still bring him home everyday....</font>

Poshies,
I've also brought lots of things for my #1...during the stay there. this time round not so stupid to pack so much and carry there and then carry home again...so this time round my bag is very light. hee hee!

hi.. have you gottne all your confinement herbs? i havent buy yet
sad.gif
.. wonder how much its going to cost..

Constance - thats another item on my buying list, i also wondering where to buy. Tik those Fu Hua, other medical house should sell.

Jgal == constance's mum
happy.gif

Jenny : Lucas is the producer of starwar right ?
Koori : i think it's more than tat.
sad.gif
all the herbs for the food also need to buy. my mother say she prefer boiling the herbs then to buy packed ones.
sad.gif
i think this wkend need to go si ma lu liao.

Jgal - ya u reminded me of confinement food, i will ask my mom to buy but i need to buy basic groceries cos i don cook and my house don have those basic stuff like vinegar, flour, etc. sigh.

dear mummies,
have gone to the Feb and Mar forum to see see look look...some mummies in March 08 have POPPED...wow...it is really really a count down for us in April...wonder who in April MTB will pop first...so exciting! are u excited?

yesterday.. i also tried to setup my sterlizer station, mini washing machine etc ... the kitchen too small, i need to get a extra shelf to put my applicances.! Toaster/rice cooker/juicer/deep fryer/blender/bread storage.. all have to re-arranged.
sad.gif
i still need to get nappy hanger stand. So many things to do. *sigh* so tiring.

Geryl - really scared me, not yet Mar and those in Mar already popped! makes me wana settle all the pre delivery items asap now.

Jgal - kitchen stuff is another prob, arranging the sterlisier and milk bottles space is an issue. My colleague went to install another cabinet on her opposite side of the kitchen just for bb stuff.

jgal, yeah, i thik of the things have to set up in the kitchen, also headache cos not much space. Hv to store some of the less frequently used kitchen appliances i guess.

I just bought the baby bedding set from aussino last weekend, which comes with a pillow and bolster. Dug out the bolster to take a look, realised that it does not seem to be the standard baby bolster size. If want to get spare covers, any ideas where to get from cos aussino does not seem to sell pillow and bolster covers separately.

I din get bolster for bb yet, isit a must when she's still infant. I tot of getting one after she few mths old haha.

koori .. where you sleeping your baby. Normally, all the bolster/pillows are use to surround the infant when she is young and sleeping in a cot/playbed. If you putting her in a bassinet .. then no need lor.

Hi Koori,

Do u have the pic of ur chest drawer? where did u buy it?

I'm looking for storage drawer for my baby too.. thinking to buy the muji plastic drawer.. but if got other nicer one, i want to consider... thanks

<font color="0000ff">Koori</font>

Thanks. I am also thinking of buying a wooden chest of drawers. So far, had sourced Ikea - 4 tier at $199. Had yet to shop in neighbour furniture shop. Where do u buy yours?

Chest of Drawers is a temporary storage solution for me. Thought of buying a wardrobe in the future.

Jgal - to surround the bb for wat purpose? Comfort? tot we shld minimise stuff in the cot. i only got pillow and beanspout pillow for her hahhaa. if really need, then i ask my sis or DH to go buy.

Re: Placement of Cot

Will you "allow" your CL and baby to sleep in the same room? Or baby in master and CL in another room?

Koori,
i am not scaring u all but it is ture...i went there to look see look see...then KPO abit...so fast the time flies and one mummy at a time goes to POP...so we are only abt a few weeks away from them.

Chelchel / Xiang - Chest of drawers good for now cos we need to open the drawers alot to take out bb stuff. I got a warbrode in bb room alrady but just not convenient to keep opening the 2 doors all the time.

I din capture a photo, actual item coming my house on this Sat, i can grap one for u to see.

Bought from Bt Batok West St 11, Blk 152 , #01-258 - Klasse Furniture Center. The boss there very friendly. $169 already discounted price incl of delivery.

hi ladies, i agree, its quite scary that the March mummies are popping so soon! I feel so unprepared still!

Xiang: Nice meeting you last week, thanks for waiting for me. I feel like a giant next to you
happy.gif

Xiang,
CL will be sleeping with baby in the same room cos she needs to look after the baby for u at night while u r resting...she will feed the baby at night if baby cries at night for milk...u just rest and wake up every 2 to 3 hrs to pump out the milk for CL to feed and u go back to rest...that is y we have CL...to help us do the night shift! or else we will be v v v tired and not enough rest!

<font color="0000ff">scubababe</font>

Nice meeting you too. Dun worry "about the giant thingy"

<font color="0000ff">Geryl</font>
Initially, I had the same thoughts too. Until my colleagues popped the question - "Your baby is sleeping with the CL, ah?"

Cheesycake,

Think got typo error in the table. Dun think Jgal's data is correct. The bb's wt gain and mum's wt gain of 2.15kg and 16.3kg are for me at week 33. Jgal never put on so much weight like me
happy.gif

Jgal
My mum bought those plastic 5 layer storage shelf to kee my bb's stuff in my room. Think very cheap like less than $50.

i think my bb will sleep with me.
Xiang, have you change your bed to king size? I think our room can sequeeze a cot no problem.
happy.gif

Hi everyone

hope all have a good weekend. My update on baby wt:
32.4 week baby @ 1.9 Kg mummy gain 9 Kg

Kea: see tt yr baby's weight quite similar to mine right? my gynae say my baby's weight is in the medium range leh, every thing else including break down to head, thigh bone, torso etc all in the 50 percentile. think medium size baby easier for mum especially during natural delivery, so don't worry..
happy.gif

BABY'S MOVEMENT:
BTW,for those who are worry about decreasing baby movement, just to share tt I went down to KKH delivery suite for CTG monitoring as I also notice the same over the CNY period. They strapped two circular thingy on my tummy to monitor baby's heart beat and contraction. I also requested a growth scan. All result seems fine, gynae commented is it becos I too busy,cannot notice bay's movement. Ask me to continue to monitor. So I try to lye down more when possible and really can feel more movement now. As a guide, nurses and doc all say should have avg 10 episodes of movement per day.

my masterroom is okay.. but enuff to put a cot at the side. But now need to consider where to put the changing station.

i saw this from ikea also quite ex rite? so i changed to buy from neighbourhood shop. I got the walnut color one.

Xiang - i got up once to go toilet on Sat night, had a very sharp pain on my left side lower tummy area. so pain that i wan cry.

Our budget is $300 and that Ikea cost around $269. So still within our budget. What is the measurement of your chest of drawers?

I like the size of the Ikea's drawers. If your chest of drawers's measurement is similar to the Ikea's, then I will like to see your actual chest of drawers. Is it made of plywood?

Baby movements

everyday i make sure bb moves thru out the whole day. i will start counting from 9am-10pm to monitor if she moves at least 10x within this timing. there after, i will also ensure during her most moving active time of the day 10-11pm she continue to move.

Simp: opps amended table
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>S/n</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Baby weight</TD><TD>Mummy Wt Gain</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Cheesycake</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>2.226kg @ 33 wks</TD><TD>16kg</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>juniorrain </TD><TD>33</TD><TD>2.035kg @ wk 33</TD><TD>9.4kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>cloudme </TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1156g @ 29 wks</TD><TD>6-7kg</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Cherish </TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1.586kg @ wk 29 </TD><TD>11kg</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Zishumo </TD><TD>32.4</TD><TD>1.9kg @ 32 wks 4 days</TD><TD>9kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Jenny Hoo </TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1.85kg @ 31 wks</TD><TD>9.3kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>sputnik </TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1.3kg @ 29 wks </TD><TD>5.5kg</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Jgal</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1.1kg @ 27 wks</TD><TD>7kg</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Simp </TD><TD>33</TD><TD>2.15kg @ 33 wks </TD><TD>16.3kg</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Xiang </TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1.132kg @ 29 wks </TD><TD>7kg </TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>XiaoZhu </TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1725g @ 32 wks</TD><TD>11kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>jaspire</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>1190g @ 27 wks</TD><TD>10.3kg</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Cath</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1.5kg @ 31 wks</TD><TD>17kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>koori</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>2kg @ wk 32</TD><TD>8.3kg</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Prawnie </TD><TD>31</TD><TD>2kg @ 31 wks 5 days</TD><TD>16.5kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Tsukushi </TD><TD>26</TD><TD>680g @ 24 wks</TD><TD>5kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>babybliss </TD><TD>25</TD><TD>809g @ 25wks </TD><TD>9kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>gervynne</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>2.17kg @ 32 wks</TD><TD>10kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Mumbly </TD><TD>26</TD><TD>982g @ 26 wks</TD><TD>8kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>BBRoYcE</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1.2kg @ 28 wks </TD><TD>9kg</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Sherin </TD><TD>32</TD><TD>2.2kg @ 32 wks</TD><TD>8kg</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>scubababe</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>2.001kg @ 27 wks</TD><TD>17kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>cloudluv</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1.22kg @ 28 wks</TD><TD>8kg</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Rain</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>2.3kg @ 33 wks</TD><TD>8kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Starling</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>600g @ 26 wks</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Porkie</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>990g @ 26 wks</TD><TD>7-8kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Kea</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>2063g @ 33 wks</TD><TD>12.5kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>jo </TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1.2kg @ 30 wks</TD><TD>11kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>celine</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1.6kg @ 32 wks</TD><TD>9kg</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>chewy </TD><TD>32</TD><TD>2kg @ 32 wks</TD><TD>5-6kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>calamari</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>2.08kg @ 32 wks</TD><TD>14kg</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Esther Zhang </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1.3kg @ 26 wks </TD><TD>6-7kg</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>strawberries </TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1.6kg @ 32 wks</TD><TD>9kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>yo</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1282g @ 29wks </TD><TD>7.4kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>blessed </TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1.5kg @ 30 wks</TD><TD>9kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Amy Quek </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1278g @ 28 wks</TD><TD>8kg</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Geryl </TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1.991kg @ 31 wks</TD><TD>7kg</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>cutiebb</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1.42kg @ 30 wks</TD><TD>12kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>Stephanie</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1.627kg @ 32 wks</TD><TD>11kg</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>kang</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1.1kg @ 30 wks</TD><TD>9kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>Okiedockie </TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1.5kg @ 30 wks</TD><TD>10kg</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>poshies </TD><TD>34</TD><TD>2.4kg @ 34 wks</TD><TD>8kg</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Baby pink</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>venus</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>2.4kg @ 34 wks</TD><TD>10kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>ant1712</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1.6kg @ 30 wks</TD><TD>13kg</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby blue</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Back