(2008/04) April 2008

strawberries

i check liao, no mickey mouse =(

calamari

wow..$250!! ...too ex for me liao..and also maybe too big coz me not holding party, jus a small dinner btw my family n ILs....and i c her blog, her March schedule is full!!

Lynn

Thx, shall check out if they do nice Mickey..

Kea: no lah, that's for 2.5kg hand moulded figurines cake hahaha! think she do small cakes too. Her hand moulded figurines are the nicest I've seen so far. Otherwise can ask her for just cake with plastic toppers.

kea,

did u check with cupcakedivinity? i ordered 7" fondant cake from them too (est for 10-12pax). hw many family members do u hv? me nt holding party too.

kea,
bengawang solo website got baby disney...

i also intend to get a baby minnie cake from there...

i saw got 1kg , 1.5kg and 2 kg range...

hmmm..

y i jus visited the bangawa solo webby, i say min is 2kg wor?? blur...

calamari,

i ask the Prima near my place, they say nv do wor...faint.....

rainie

i haven check yet, shall check in a while

<font color="0000ff">Yippe 22 mummies now. And I have paid the deposit to secure the booking on Sat(21 Feb). I must say thumbs up to their service. While I was filling up the form, they actually allow E to roam the place and entertained him. And if we can hit 25 mummies to up to dexule package, jus need to let them know 2.5 weeks b4 2 May
happy.gif
</font>

Re: Mass Birthday Bash for April Babies

Date: 2 May 09 (Sat)
Time: 4.30pm to 6.30pm
<font color="0000ff">4.30pn - 5.30pm : games and activities
5.30pm to 6pm : Makan Time
6pm to 6.30pm : More workouts
6.30pm : Bye Bye Time</font>
Venue: JWT (46 East Coast Road)
Cost : S$35 per family (2 parents and 1 baby) Please transfer $35 to my POSB Savings account, 102-18206-5, indicating your nick in SMH

Venue Rental: Veronica

Photography - Angel &amp; Hubby

Cake - Maro - Personalised Birthday Cuppies

Party Favors or Door gifts for bbs - Maddy's Mum - Only if we have funds left.

Yes, We'll like to have a April Babies' 1 Year Old Workout Day!

Confirmed and paid
1. Angel, Hubby &amp; Dana
2. strawberries, hubby &amp; gideon
3. Yvonne, hubby, maid(maybe) &amp; Tiffany (trf tonight)
4. Winter &amp; Ernest (Hubby can't confirm)
5. na_na, hubby &amp; Alaric + maid
6. Serene123 &amp; roy zak (transfer 23/2/09 ref 2129205899)
7.mushloom, hubby n ivan
8. Jaspire &amp; Kayla + maid (maybe)
9. maomi, hubby &amp; sean
10. mifi,hubby n issac
11. vonn, hubby and kaleb
12. lovemum, baby (kang kang) n either maid or hubby.
13. Xiaozhu, Hubby and Kayden
14. maro, hubby &amp; davien + maid (maybe)
15. Rainyheart, hubby, Reina and Caden
16. Maddy's mum, Maddy's pop, Maddy
17. Jenny + Hubby + Javier
18. Joellez + Hubby + Dominic + helper
19. Stretch aka cia, hubby &amp; Claire (trf tonight)
20. Cath + Hubby Keng Seng + Baby Jayden (DBS dont allow setup of payee, will transfer tomorrow)
21. Geryl, Hubby, Ryan &amp; Clairese
22. jasminechenx, hubby and elijah

Any more mummies who are welcome to join. Jus add on to the list.

kea,

personally i haven't tried their cake. But there are gd feedback from feb mummies that ordered from them. mayb u can highlight to them if u doesn't wan it to be too sweet.

kea,

the price different is nt much. only like $4. So i decided to get from cupcakedivinity. Cos i can choose the design i want
happy.gif

kea,

their quote is inclusive of the plastic figurine. unless u wan 3D hand moulded figurine. btw if u looking at cream cake will be $41. Fondant cake will cost more.

cloudme, i cancelled as i got it from another mummy who also ordered from US. IMO I give 2 thumbs up for the medela freestyle. Actually if i got more thumbs i will raise it wor! LOL! Cos now my pumping session reduced drastically and yet can yield the same amount. The best part is I can walk around doing my things and both hands are free. I shld have got a dual pump long ago but luckily din oso cos freestyle was only launched in nov 2008.
happy.gif
If you considering for yr no.2 I would strongly recommend it!

charismama,

hhhmmmm....sometime they might take longer time in replying mail. but normally i do receive their email within few hr or the following day.

no problem cloudme...
happy.gif

farah, me oso want to start to search for childcare but dunno how and where to start or what to look out for.
sad.gif

Re: Childcare centres
Some good reviewed childcare centres cum preschools I gathered, include:
- Lorna Whiston
- Pat's Schoolhouse
- WhiteLodge
- LittleSkoolHouse
- Cherie Hearts (some branches)
- Learning Vision (some branches)
- YMCA/YWCA (some branches)
- Eager Beaver

You can visit http://preschool.sg/ to have a look at the list of childcare centres listed there. Some of them have reviews.

For the more popular ones, better to start booking a place now as queues have already started for some.

Just to add, some things to look for when u are searching for childcare centres.
Call and make arrangements to visit the centre.
Some suggestions on things you can ask abt:
1) curriculum - what kind of approach
2) qualification of teachers
3) turnover of teachers
4) food menu &amp; what if my child cannot self feed
5) what if my child is not toilet trained
6) teacher: children ratio
7) outdoor area (some schools have no outdoor play)

Of course look around, look at the environment, for example, centre is clean, brightly lit, look at how the teachers talk, how they present themselves to the children (note that if our children go to childcare centre, they spend alot of time there and they learn alot from the teachers, including mannerisms).

And yes, if mummies, u intend to enrol your child when he/she turns 18 months (quite soon) then perhaps u may have to start ur search. Some schools are already filled.

calamari

i use to attend Lorna Whiston when i was in primary school... wah they are still around! must say that my mum's comments to this school is that they are able to instill a love for books in both me and my younger sis!

Summer's mama: yes, agree with the above. I have arranged to meet up with the principal of Pat's Schoolhouse next Fri for a chat, as well as to view their premises. That's my 1st choice due to proximity and good reviews. One very impt criteria to me is distance. The school cannot be too far from home. If so, poor baby will be so tired just from travelling,

That reminds me, Maddy's mum, I'll send u Pat's details soon, keep slipping my mind!

Jasmine: I didn't know LW has been around for so long. My friend sends her 2 children there and swears by their curriculum. Nearest branch to me I think is at Bury Road area which is still a bit far for me.

<font color="0077aa">kea, hmm.. i went to take a look at the erm prima deli brochure.. they got 1 small note saying tat they can customize lehz.. but i got so mad when i ask the lady, they sae they dun do.. it was pretty ridiculous .. its pretty contradicting themselves &amp; wordings
sad.gif

Now m really having headache .. </font>

<font color="0077aa">kea, my friend's daughter sarah juz celebrated her first birthdae &amp; her mummy actually ordered the cake from this lady.. perhaps u can tk a look if u still sourcing for cake :D

pinkgingerbynee.blogspot.com</font>

strawberries
her cake looks nice! taste just as good??

elijah'smummy
i'm supposed to get my hubby to collect my book fr u but always forget. my hubby's been very busy lately, so will arrange with u again okies?

jamie

yaps me too keep forgetting. no worries...

hahah maybe the next time you can make it just let me know... other wise its going to be the meeting on the 2nd may for the joint party!

jamie

cant sms me... my phone is in the graveyard already! an i have yet to find a phone that i like can call my hubby or my home though... will pm you my no.

mummies, today julian puasa! sigh. dunno is it teething or wat. very pek chek when feeding him. he's got 7 teeth now. from 1st to 7 not much prob. this 8th one is problematic. dunno when it will come out.

Jule'mum: today Kayla also puasa! Same as Julian, she now has 7 teeth and so far no teething problems. But today she refuse to drink milk. Force until I face green. Could it be molar?

jules' mum and calamari, i thought my ger was not eating cos just recovered fr flu. she had been having bad appetite and had been skipping breakfast for past few days. i also fed her til my face turned green too. ya, she oso has 7 teeth , and i kinda could see her canine like coming out. could it be due to that that's why our children are fasting??

calamari and jolene, at least I know jules' 'normal'. haha. he was eating so well 2 weeks ago. suddenly last saturday it's quite difficult to feed him. need to alternate fruits and his food. then yesterday totally refuse to open mouth. yesterday even rejected milk. he has 7 teeth in 2 months. I haven't see any sign of e 8 tooth too. dunno how long will this last.

calamari, I tot was molar too but tot tat's suppose to come out after 1 yr old. hubby did feel a lump at e back and jules keep putting his fingers to e back.

yesterday I gave him pear, potato, banana, bread, porridge, pumpkin etc for lunch and dinner. all don't want. only ate abit of yogurt for lunch and barley water for dinner.

mummies do u put salt or soy sauce to baby food? not sure if he's looking for richer taste.

hope all e babies will eat properly.

hi mummies, anyone feed their babies cheeze?

does it taste salty?

Araid22, i dun add... I try to keep her food without salt before she reach 2YO..

strawberries
tks for your recommendation, i hv emailed her.

charismama
i hv given my boy kraft cheese sticks. abit salty so usually i dont give too much at a time.

Thanks Calamari &amp; Summer' mama for e tips on childcare cum preschool. Hmm dun know when im back to sg, if i were to go back workforce then i wd have to look at this options.

Seasoning
Think when shevon turns 1 n i try to give her a bit of outside food, wd have the seasoning taste then. At home i think i wd still stick to e regular food w their natural flavour unless she rejects then i wd add a bit of salt to her food then. Have to trial n error. same goes to sugary stuff.

Fussy eating
Think it is common, i remembered Shevon has this prob 1 or 2mth back n it almost drove me crazy. Tgt she was fussy/sick or wat. Then hb suspect it could be molar but no signs as well. Only that her 5th n 6th teeths r coming out then. Reduced food intake even on her favourite regular meal. It will revert back to normal after 1 to 2 wks i think. Dun worry too much mummies

simp, thanks for assuring. I hope he'll resume his appetite soon. was so excited steam cod, something new, and broccoli, his favourite. he rejected too. so sad. should I spoil him by giving him what ever he wants, bread, biscuits or rather dun give him junks?

so angry with my mum. she insisted I add salt and sugar to his food. still tell me tat's wat I eat when I was young. luckily my dad is supportive.
happy.gif

araid22, i give bread as snack..

Charis not eating solid well, at most is 4ts of cereal, was pressure to add salt or soy sauce to her porridge, but I still insist NO salt for her.

Like simp say, I am waiting for this phase to pass
happy.gif

Back