(2008/04) April 2008

Are we still on about it?

Re: Mass Birthday Bash for April Babies

We should do one for our April bubs too since most of us have already been meeting on ad-hoc basis!
Like what the March mums are doing, we should avoid setting the Mass Birthday Bash date in April as it will inevitably clash with some bb's private 1st Bday celebration so I propose 1 May 2009 (Labor Day)? Attendees: Mummies, Daddies and Babies. Venue: we need a big condo function room. Any mummies can volunteer the venue? Cost: Shared among everyone(Mar mummies are contributing $30 per baby for 1-3 adults).

Anyone keen? I think it'll be really fun to see how our babies have grown in a year! As for Bday cake, I like the idea of ordering small cupcakes with our babies' names on it (I've a contact who might be able to customise the cupcakes for us). My hubby has also kindly offered his photography services. Other mummies are needed to help plan/coordinate other aspects (e.g. venue, catering, fund collection, decor, music, invitation cards etc). What do the April mums think?

Yes, We'll like to have a April Babies' Bday Bash!
1. Angel, Hubby & Dana
2. scubababe, hubby & Byron
3. strawberries, hubby & gideon
4. puffish, hubby & Tristan
5. Yvonne, hubby, maid(maybe) & Tiffany
6. Stretch aka cia, hubby & Claire
7. Winter & Ernest (Hubby can't confirm)
8. na_na, hubby & Alaric + maid (maybe)
9. Serene123 & roy zak
10.mushloom, hubby n ivan
11. JuniorRain, hubby & Eshin
12. Jaspire & Kayla + maid (maybe)
13. Geryl, Hubby, Ryan & Clairese

Hi, I will be interested to join in the Mass Birthday Bash too but I have got 4 kids, possible to bring all along? I will contribute more to the cost.

Good afternoon mummies! Thread's been relatively quiet these days, guess most of us are busier now that our bubs are more mobile and active!
happy.gif

RE:MASS Birthday Bash
Winter, I'm still keen in the mass birthday party as it's a rare chance our babies can get to celebrate their 1st Bdays with other bb friends!
happy.gif
But we need to rent a venue big enough to accomodate all and we've to act fast cos there's many areas to plan and it's less than 2 months away! The March mummies have been planning theirs since Dec 08
happy.gif

One possibility is to rent one of the function rooms at <font color="0000ff">Hort Park</font> (http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index....guide&amp;task=parks&amp;id=17&amp;Itemid=73) but have to share the costs of venue rental and check availability.

Jes, if the party's on, you're more than welcomed to bring all your kiddos
happy.gif

We should do one for our April bubs too since most of us have already been meeting on ad-hoc basis!
Like what the March mums are doing, we should avoid setting the Mass Birthday Bash date in April as it will inevitably clash with some bb's private 1st Bday celebration so I propose 1 May 2009 (Labor Day)? Attendees: Mummies, Daddies and Babies. Venue: we need a big condo function room. Any mummies can volunteer the venue? Cost: Shared among everyone(Mar mummies are contributing $30 per baby for 1-3 adults).

Anyone keen? I think it'll be really fun to see how our babies have grown in a year! As for Bday cake, I like the idea of ordering small cupcakes with our babies' names on it (I've a contact who might be able to customise the cupcakes for us). My hubby has also kindly offered his photography services. Other mummies are needed to help plan/coordinate other aspects (e.g. venue, catering, fund collection, decor, music, invitation cards etc). What do the April mums think?

1. Angel, Hubby &amp; Dana
2. scubababe, hubby &amp; Byron
3. strawberries, hubby &amp; gideon
4. puffish, hubby &amp; Tristan
5. Yvonne, hubby, maid(maybe) &amp; Tiffany
6. Stretch aka cia, hubby &amp; Claire
7. Winter &amp; Ernest (Hubby can't confirm)
8. na_na, hubby &amp; Alaric + maid (maybe)
9. Serene123 &amp; roy zak
11. JuniorRain, hubby &amp; Eshin
12. Jaspire &amp; Kayla + maid (maybe)
13. Geryl, Hubby, Ryan &amp; Clairese
14. maomi, hubby &amp; sean

Sorry, abit late in adding sean &amp; family to the list! heehee...=p

15. mifi,hubby n issac

15. mifi,hubby n issac
16. vonn, hubby and kaleb

Hi mummies

I've made a tentative booking at the <font color="0000ff">Fruit Room of Hort Park</font> which can sit 50 pax or more comfortably. There's also big open lawn for our bbs to roam around. http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index.php?option=com_visitorsguide&amp;task=parks&amp;id=17&amp;Itemid=73

Rental rates are $50 per hour (min 4 hours booking).

<font color="0000ff">Event: April Babies Mass Birthday Bash
Dates: 2 May 09 Sat (cos 1st May fully booked already)
Timing: 1 to 5pm
Cost : $214 with GST</font>

Any objections? Is there someone who can spare a condo function room/venue so we can save on venue rental?

Great idea..., cupcakes with baby names on it.

15. mifi,hubby n issac
17. lovemum, baby (kang kang) n either maid or hubby.

15. mifi,hubby n issac
18. jasminechenx, hubby and elijah

15. mifi,hubby n issac
19. Xiaozhu, Hubby and Kayden

I am fine wif the idea... in case i don pop in as often pls pm me the shared cost hor...

sigh ivan flu still quite bad.. and had flemy cough. will review his condition on sunday again. if still no good may have to go for suction.
sad.gif
now praying hard he wont have to go through tat

I'm interested in e party too. if we have it on may 1st then I can celebrate my birthday together with all e babies. Hehe. last yr e nurses in e hospital celebrated with me before I was discharged.

15. mifi,hubby n issac
20. jules mum,hubby and julian

I'm interested in e party too. if we have it on may 1st then I can celebrate my birthday together with all e babies. Hehe. last yr e nurses in e hospital celebrated with me before I was discharged.

15. mifi,hubby n issac
21. goodbb and bb

<font color="aa00aa">Morning babes..
One day no login so many actions.. I'm in too
proud.gif

Angel,
the hort park is a good choice, can enjoy the greenery.. let me know if i can be of any help..
my colleague also can do cupcake, I can check with her if possible to customise.. customised names right?</font>

15. mifi,hubby n issac
21. goodbb and bb
22. maro, hubby &amp; davien + maid (maybe)

Good morning Mummies!

Seems like many mummies are keen on the Mass Birthday Bash. Shall we draw up a volunteer list?
kao_kiss.gif

We have 22 mummies now. If every family contributes $30 (for 2 adults and 1 baby), we have $660 to organise the party.

<font color="0000ff">Venue Rental, Music &amp; Photography</font> - <u>Angel &amp; Hubby</u> - Hort Park? Please give your comments as I've to pay deposit for the booking(by next week) before they release the tentative booking for 2nd May.

<font color="0000ff">Food (Catering)</font> - ________ - Finger Food/Tea menu cos it's cheaper?

<font color="0000ff">Cake</font> - <u>Maro</u> - Personalised Birthday Cuppies with a Big Number 1 cake?

<font color="0000ff">Decor</font> - ___________ - all mums can contribute the items after their bb's party but someone to coordinate?

<font color="0000ff">Party Favors or Door gifts for bbs</font> - ___________ - Only if we have funds left but also need someone to coordinate

Maro, yup birthday cuppies with our bbs' names. Something similar to this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sgcupcake_momma/3156432142/in/set-72157594228520115/
happy.gif

Jules, Hort Park is fully booked on 1st May so unlikely we can have the bday bash on your actual bday. We can still celebrate for you on 2nd May
happy.gif
Slightly belated but equally fun!

Goodbb, can you check out what's the charges for bday parties at JWT/KinderMusik? We're open to suggestions. Thanks!

Me joining in too..

15. mifi,hubby n issac
21. goodbb and bb
23. Rainyheart, hubby, Reina and Caden

I haven't logged in for the longest time, and im glad to see this mass birthday, so,yes I am in for the party. I can take care of the door gift/ party favors. Give me the budget to work on and the number.

Btw I won't be checking in the thread so often, so Angel, can you e-mail me with the details so I can work on it?

Thanks!

15. mifi,hubby n issac
21. goodbb and bb
24. Maddy's mum, Maddy's pop, Maddy

Angel : I'm fine with both dates. I'm just joking about my birthday. Feel so weird to celebrate with the babies. That's why I was hoping Julian not born on May 1st though his EDD was May 1st. Julian decided to come out 2 days earlier. Haha.

Don't mind any of the venue too. Hort Park is nice.

Julian's having lessons at Kindermusik. If interested, I can approach the teacher if can do "freelance". Haha. But we won't have access to the instruments la. In that case, we can do it anywhere.

Another place we can consider is Fidgets. The package is 575 (i think. can't remember the exact). Food, games for kids included but not adult food. Adult food gotta be catered from their cafeteria.

<font color="ff6000"><font size="+2">April Babies BIG Birthday Bash</font></font>

Date: 2 May 09 (Sat)
Time: 1 to 5pm
Venue: Hort Park Fruit Room?

<font color="0000ff">Venue Rental, Music &amp; Photography</font> - <u>Angel &amp; Hubby</u> - Please give your comments on Hort Park as party venue. I've to pay deposit for the booking(by next week) before they release the tentative booking for 2nd May.

<font color="0000ff">Food (Catering)</font> - ________ - Finger Food/Tea menu cos it's cheaper?

<font color="0000ff">Cake</font> - <u>Maro</u> - Personalised Birthday Cuppies with a Big Number 1 cake?

<font color="0000ff">Decor</font> - ___________ - all mums can contribute the items after their bb's party but someone to coordinate?

<font color="0000ff">Party Favors or Door gifts for bbs</font> - <u>Maddy's Mum</u> - Only if we have funds left.

Any more contributions? The more the merrier!
happy.gif

Jules' Mum, can you check out the pkg at Fidgets? Should be fun for the bbs...

hi angel,

heard from my colleague that the jwt comes with a class on that day?,and also a voucher to attend the class next time?

goodbb, i think JWT gives a free trial coupon but costs wise, it's more expensive.

Venue - $710
Cake - $100
Catering - $500 (assuming $10 for 50pax - each mummy bringing daddy &amp; bb).
Total = $1310 (Each of the 25 families has to pay around $50+).

15. mifi,hubby n issac
21. goodbb and bb
25. Cherish &amp; Charis + hubby(maybe)

hihi! i've been reading apr moms for the longest time.. but never posted before.. my baby also born in april 08 and we would like to join in this big bash! hee! looking forward to it!

goodbb, angel

JTS: i hv not attended any party at JWT but i went to My Gym instead. i must say its indeed fun as my elder girl really enjoyed their programs &amp; activities but i agree cost wise its abit more ex. we didnt go for any catering, just brought some snacks for our little ones. i would tik its more suitable if we opt for a hassle free party as everything its taken care of.

unless there's programe lined up for our bbs, otherwise it would be just another chitchat session for we mummies.

Angel,

I enquire before as I wanted to have Julian's party there. If we don't need games and on weekend, we can take the weekday package ($500 additional kid at $26.)which also has food and freeplay. Cake must bring in and food carering at their cafe. Kids can play as long as they want but cannot leave premises if wanna continue playing. Like wat winter mentioned, It's quite ex.

I would also like to join in the birthday bash!

15. mifi,hubby n issac
21. goodbb and bb
26. Swirl + Hubby + Baby

angel, i just called hort park (cos may want to hold Adel's party there), they said after 4th April we have to choose from their list of approved caterer (the list is not ready yet)..

still very vexed over my girl's party venue.. still deciding between home, chalet or function room.

lynn: u better book fast ah...i think u can forget about chalets already, may be too late. Function rooms are going fast too!

just called and made a tentative booking for the FRUIT room too, unfortunately my first choice date already taken, so have to settle for a Sunday then. hope the location isn't too inaccessible for my guests..

emailed Glad mummy regarding cake ordering, and she said she's not taking any orders for April due to house-moving. can't believe my luck! which other baker has nice 3D cakes?

can any mummy share contacts and quotations?

hmmm,

seen in the Mar thread, one dad suggest that CC is also a good place for bd bash...

i feel that CC is also good place...but of cos not as good as hort park...

just a suggestion...
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Date: 2 May 09 (Sat)
Venue: Hort Park Fruit Room
Cost : S$30 per family (2 parents and 1 baby)</font>

Venue Rental, Music &amp; Photography - Angel &amp; Hubby

Food (Catering) - ________ - Finger Food/Tea menu cos it's cheaper?

Cake - Maro - Personalised Birthday Cuppies with a Big Number 1 cake?

Decor - ___________ - all mums can contribute the items after their bb's party but someone to coordinate?

Party Favors or Door gifts for bbs - Maddy's Mum - Only if we have funds left.

15. mifi,hubby n issac
21. goodbb and bb
26. Swirl + Hubby + Baby

hi mummies, i think if the duration is so long we better cater for lunch. I have a friend that does catering for close friends and family but is also able to do up to 100 pax kind of catering. I try to see if I can ask him to come up with a menu of about $12 - $15 per person for us?

Think there is a virus going on, Byron been down with high fever since early this week. He sort of recovered on Wed then suddenly his whole body and now face covered with rashes. The PD says its false measles which means he is recovering. But looking at him covered with all those pink spots my heart super pain

Hi scubababe, Dont worry abt the rashes...Kaleb got it jus before cny. Stomach 1st then back then face then hands and legs. FYI, they do not come out together...but section by section.
Hope Bryon get well soon ya!

scubababe

my boy was dw with fever and flu last few weeks too..and then patches like mosquite red patch appear on his hands!! now drying up but some still red red....don worry..i ask PD , he say no serious..apply cream..

It's been a long long time since I am here..

Love to join the birthay bash as well..

<u><font color="0000ff">Re: Mass Birthday Bash for April Babies</font></u>

Cost : S$30 per family (2 parents and 1 baby)

Decor - ___________ - all mums can contribute the items after their bb's party but someone to coordinate?

15. mifi,hubby n issac
21. goodbb and bb
26. Swirl + Hubby + Baby
27. Xiang + Hubby + Ethan

Hi Mummies,

Count me in too..
Love to join the birthay bash as well..

15. mifi,hubby n issac
21. goodbb and bb
26. Swirl + Hubby + Baby
28. Jenny + Hubby + Javier

Can update me via email or sms to arrange the payment? Cos can only pop in during weekends .. scare will miss the post..

Mummies, include me as well.. have been wanting to meet up with everyone so here finally is a chance..

15. mifi,hubby n issac
21. goodbb and bb
26. Swirl + Hubby + Baby
28. Jenny + Hubby + Javier
29. Tratties + Hubby + Adrynna

Winter dear.. can you please update me via msn on the progress as i hardly check thread..
thanks!

Back