(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

jeannie,
just did.. good idea btw - no need to worry about passing money
happy.gif

eliaw,
shall i just tt the $ for the gift to you ?

Bluegin-just in case u r cracking ur brains for the kids gift exchange, Heidi likes pororo or doraemon characters or those ironing/cleaning toy also can, just not soft toy since she already has it. Tks!

Xy, my hb and I dun mind to take care of our grandchildren coz by then nothing to do mah. However I believe children must bond with the parents foremostly so no weekend parenting. Now we dun have support from my inlaws even though they stay near by so I won't want my children caught in the same situation.

Eliaw, I have thankful's contact, now she is housing agent, later I pm u.

Genice, xy, I also lowered Rl's cot side, she is trying to climb out of cot but still too short, think in a few months time, got to upgrade to toddler bed Liao but problem is I got no 'cage' to to keep her safe after that. :p

Spoke to elfa's principal yesterday, she said all the centers sing the same song so my decision is that RaeAnne will continue to sing the song but no need to say Amen.

---taking after grandchildren
I don't feel guilty for not being sahm taking after them. That's not reason why we don't resist ideas to take after grandchildren.

We just hope that we're healthy and well-do enough when we are at sixties and our daughters start families. Then we can offer our help without worries(our worries and their worries).
But yah, they find good partner is first thing. Whether they like to take after their children on their own or whether they prefers our help doesn't really matter.

Hi tubao,

I did not manage to find an orange coloured gun for Emma but I bought her one that would make her the envy of any boy who sees it. :p Hope that's all right with you.

RE: Birthday Bash

So excited to see all of you this Sunday! :D

Hi moms,

I have a bath stand cum changing table to pass on. It has compartments for keeping diaper, cream, wipes etc. It looks like the pic attached but mine is white in colour with bear motifs.

If anyone interested, pls pm me. I"m not selling to Feb moms ok? If anyone wants to use it, just let me know, otherwise, will post on WTS thread. Pick up from the east.

5143255.jpg

Xy n Pauline, I dunno how to let them sleep together, k is outgrowing the narrow cot, maybe have to sleep on mattress/bed but our bedroom is too small for additional bed. If put then in 1 room we still have to sleep w them too. Unless all sleep on mattress on floor.
I wonder when to sleep together.,anyone of u w 2 kids sleeping all together in 1 room? That means 4 pp? Can e 2 kids sleep well?

Tute, will update u after I trf k.

Eliaw, can I have ur marriot club agent tel no
happy.gif
need to firm up e holi thingy Liao, that time was too early so could not attend. Btw shld we set a "rough" time to cut cake? Maybe abt 7 pm so at least for those who r early or late we can have an agar time to reach, I shld reach ard 6 or earlier if they wake up after nap

I am planning to go to zoo this sun, early morn then go hm for nap b4 party at night. Anyone keen to join? Plan to reach zoo by 9am , walk ard, water play lunch At abt 1pm n go home sleep b4 party
happy.gif

genice

my boys sleep together. E is a heavy sleeper, so once he's asleep he can sleep through didi crying. BUT sometimes E is the one who wakes up crying for milk and then wakes didi up, which is v v irritating. Last night he came to my room crying and asking for milk. Then knock out then 30mins later ask me for milk again. Wah liao! I've scolded him countless times, but I know in the middle of the night if i scold him he will only keep crying and asking.

Didi is a light sleeper, so the best I find is that he sleep alone and the 3 of us sleep together. but no space so 2 boys sleep together. I think if in my case if 4 sleep together should be ok! Just that I won't put them all in my master room because A sleeps earlier than everyone else, so if he sleeps in master room then we can't do anything (even like shower).

Hi Tubao did you get my email on A's gift two weeks back?

If no time to order from the BPist feel free to get anything convenient.

Thanks!

Hi, Garfield

Ordered A's gift already^_^, not delivered to me yet. Hehe……got more time to surf net after I am back to work.

re : sleeping with 2 kids.

I am! Since I sent off my maid 2 weeks ago, I have been sleeping with Double Cs on 2 mattresses on the floor.
happy.gif

hello mummies!

Busy time... G was down with a bad cough for past 3 weeks, and in between hb and i and now mil caught it too. frustrating man..

XY
Thanks for the update on the bank account thingy
happy.gif
Am i the only mummy here still haven't opened a bank account for my kid (#1)?

Vitamins
Now that the flu saga has stablized, im thinking of starting G on some vitamins, prolly vit C to start with. Would mummies here have any brands to recomend and the recomended dosage for our kids? i almost bought redoxon kids this evening but read it contained 250mg of vit c per capsule... and 2 other randon brands i picked up only contained less than 100mg..??! don't understand why the huge difference? In the end i didn't buy anything.

Hi Eliaw,

Many apologies. I have been really busy these few weeks with work and my boy school + family.
Confirm going 3adults and two kids. I will transfer to you within this few days.

For gift we can state what we like to have is it?
My girl like Pooh Bear clothes or Thomas the train toys (follow Koko who like Thomas the train and hardly like girl stuffs...)

bkkgal,
Can I check with my brother whether he wants the bath stand cum changing table as he just have 2mth old bb.If its still available.
happy.gif

Hi all,

Ya. So excited about the birthday bash.
Are there any budget for their gifts?

Can we buy all the same gifts?
It is a bit tough to buy different gifts for all. Any suggestion?

re: sleep arrangement
4 of us sleep in one room. we on the queen size bed while big C on a single matteress and small C in her cot.
same as iso, big C is a deep sleeper while small C is a light sleeper.
no problem when small C cries.
but if big C cries or has bad dreams, sure will wake small C up.
there was a time big C got the problem of itchy eyes, itchy 'shh shh' area... she woke up mei mei very often. in the end we got to handle to cranky babies till we cannot tahan.
hubby moved big C's matteress to the living room and sleep together with her there. :p

re: CDA
piglettail,
all of #1 no CDA ccount. banks only offer CDA account to those born after 17 Aug 2008.
wait for more news from the banks, they should offer new account for kids born before that.

re: vitamins
most of Vit C kids i encountered are 100mg.
but redoxon is always quite 'potent' in the sense that has higher dosage of vitamins. not sure what's the correct amount to take actually.

re: birthday gift exchange
let me be kpo.
each person will help to prepare the next person in the list for the gift according to the kid's wish.
so every gifts are different.
thankful prepare bluegin's gift.
bluegin prepare gingling's heidi gift.

1) Garfield (2A 1C 1B)
2) Leila (3A 1C 1B)
3) Genice (2A 1C 1B - bb not eating)
4) Tute (2A, 1C)
5) Eliaw (2A 1C)
6) bx (2A 1C 1B - bb not eating)
7) Thankful (3A 2C)
8) Bluegin (2A 1C 1B) YCK or P
9) qingling (3A 1C 1B)
10) Artemis (3A, 1C)
11) tubao(2A, 1C)

am i right?

Hi Thankful,

Yes,sure. Let me know before I put up on WTS.

Birthday bash
So exciting that you guys can meet up! Take lots ofpics to share ok?

bkk,
did you get my request for your blog access?

btw, do you all want to have any playdates?
small C is 7 months old, am more confident to bring her out.
big C is too bored to stay at home. :p

iso,
you fast hand fast leg open for E last week? but the budget just announce last Friday right?
can open CDA account even without CDA contribution from government?

Hi Xiaoyun,

Yes I did but I was away and somehow I myself have probs accessing the blog. Wanted to post, cannot post! I'll try again tonight.

XY
actually i haven't been keeping up with budget. We just opened with his savings, so it's not a CDA account.. what are we getting ah??

Iso,
Yes I think it's high time I opened a separate bank account for G too... hb was like "so, u been taking all the ang pao and bb bonus back into your own account issit..." oops

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+1">UPDATES FOR B'Dae BASH</font>

<font size="+1">Venue</font>: Yio Chu Kang Grassroots Club LEVEL 2 - Children's Playroom
Look out for signage - <font size="+1">MY 3RD BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION (FEB 08)</font></font>

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Program:</font>
5pm - Setup - All are welcomed to come early
6pm - Room Officially Open
630pm - Dinner Commences
7pm - B'dae Cake Cutting
730pm - Pinata (I received a dinosaur pinata for C's b'dae, and will bring it along as i have some spare candy.. Can someone sponser 12 party bags for packing the candy? Any kind will do..)
9pm - End</font>

<font size="+1">Attire:</font>
Reminder to remove shoes when in playground. Not a must to put on socks. Supposedly no singlet and slippers in the club. But i guess this rule is not mandatory.

<font color="119911"><font size="+1">$15 Gift Exchange:</font>
Thanks XY for the clear explanation!
Bluegin, as per Qingling, she has requested for Heidi "pororo or doraemon characters or those ironing/cleaning toy also can, just not soft toy since she already has it"
Pls let Thankful know what your girl will like so Thankful can prepare the gift for you.
Thankful, pls note to prepare gift for Bluegin.
BX, Thankful requested for "Pooh Bear clothes or Thomas the train toys" for her girl..

Anyone else having problem with GIFT EXCHANGE, Pls let me know..</font>

Kiddy rides cost $0.50 per ride.. So you might want to bring some fifty cents coins along..

xy,
ya, i need the powder soon leh...u not ordering so soon izit? Can i also ask a favour fm u? do u happen to have the links for the baby receipes websites? my previous laptop died so all the info/links that i had are now lost.
sad.gif
email me can???

pauline,
hey! u don't fall under the category of "stingy muumy" leh....buy soooooo many things for ur gals liao...haahaha! btw, the jacket also can help keep the body warm rite? now m really deciding between the wetsuit n the jacket. which do u reckon is better ? n currently, what size is urs??

Re: Rainbow

Sorry for being a mountain tortoise but what is this rainbow thing you gals are discussing? I am going to go out on a limb that it's not the thing that appears when the sun shines through rain. :p

eliaw,

normal clear plastic bags ok? i can bring 12
happy.gif

still have some spare goodie bags plastic bags as well, but it will be a mixed... i can bring as well.

Leila, haha, other than the first konfidence suit which I bought at full price (ouch ouch!), the other two I bought because an Australian based Jan mummy offered to get it for us when she was coming back to sg for holiday. Because she bought direct n hand carry, the prices were slightly cheaper than bp. Raeanne's float is meant for 2 yrs old but long time never wear, dun know if it's too tight. :p

iso,

the links i normally visit are:
http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/
http://www.annabelkarmel.com/

some other links that I have:
http://littlegastronomy.blogspot.com/
http://www.simplybabyfoodrecipes.net/

re: rainbow or delphin
artemis,
it uses water filter system. they are said to be powerful to remove dust mite using the special parts that beats the matteress and vacuum at the same time.
for more advanced set, it can be used as air purifier.
they are quite tough so can last pretty long. my PIL used the same set for about 15 years, and it's still working fine.

talk about vacuum cleaner, i've got a Princess brand water based vacuum cleaner to give away. I used it for 1 year + then upgrade to rainbow. although it doesn't clean as good as rainbow, it's good for normal use. Any taker?

Maid confirmed home leave in June, letting her go for 10 days so going to be very busy at home with the 2 gals. But at least something to look forward to cos going to Hk disneyland for a short 4d3n hol, was initially thinking of going to japan to visit my cousin but hubby thinks free n easy Japan will be too siong for just both of us n the kids. :p

Genice, I also prefer to let the two gals sleep together on the queen size sofa bed but hubby thinks it's impossible cos they will disturb each other. :p

rainbow
and also it can suck up water, so you can mop and suck up the dirty water instead of using the same ol' dirty water to mop the entire house. hee.

i think the mattress one is the most amazing thing though, i love to see how much dirt it sucks up!! :D

kitsune
hubby also today said he thinks we can't handle 2 kids if we F&amp;E Japan, sigh! But your 2 are older, so maybe a bit easier? Maybe I'll just wait till #2 is toddler and easier to feed...

XY
thanks for the links!!

iso, I think Japan is more difficult because of language barrier and their subway system is a maze. Plus if I stay with my cousin, hers is residential area so not near to shopping/supermarket. If RL is still a baby, I think it's easier cos only need to BF her while RaeAnne can eat adult food. But because she is still eating mostly home cooked food and has only 6.5 teeth, resturant food may be still tough cos porridge not common in Japan. :p

kistune
oh i heard the smaller cities like fukouka are better for kids, so was considering that, i think tokyo would only be good for disneyland. but yah i think kids who can eat "normal" food would be easier. sigh, wonder when can go japan again!

Pauline, it will be so fun if u can go to Tokyo. U won't regret it. I planned out my route in advance. The subway staff can speak enough English to guide you. I only met with problem when I tried to find the recommended restaurants in guidebook. U can buy bottle baby food here for RL then dun need to cook porridge for her. My no 1 ate with us when we were there last year. He was 26mo then. He loved the food n can eat almost 1 adult portion!

I think when my no 2 is older I will bring them for a trip myself.

Back