(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

tongtong
given that my supply is still good (enuf to tbf), i'm v sim tia to stop. have to stop cos i need to be on medication and doc advised to stop as the medicine will be passed on thru breastmilk. same thing happened when i had #1. so sad loh.

garfield
tks for the suggestion. did tried to do that when i had #1, but as i was on long term medication (ave 1 year), eventually stopped pumping loh. cos by the time i stop taking the medicine, my girl would have rejected the bm liao. so, it's the same case now.

in fact, me in self denial, had delayed seeing the doc (tho i know my condition has relapsed since last year) and now delay taking the medicine (saw doc one month ago).

Hi,
I've a Munchkin straw cup too. My helper took out the straw to wash, and now, we can't put the straw back.

We tried to insert the soft part of the straw from the bottom of the cover, but can't get it thru the hole of the cover.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated !

Hi Sunflower

What I suggest is to take out the middle part for closing the straw. After u took that part out, you can insert the soft part of the straw in. After which you place back the middle part accordingly. There are the protruding part, just fit back to the dented part of the bottle will do. Hope you understand my explanation.

tong,
happy.gif
where do u buy yr organic stuff in yishun (if i rem correctly)? yah malaysia has cheaper organic stuff. i bot some during my last 2 jb trips and then made lentil dinner and pumpkin dinner for my boy.

xiaoyun, i happened to have a set of ikea knife that has bread knife, n my hb sliced the bread. going to try the betty crocker brand too. they also have organic flour.
happy.gif
i came across this bread recipe using all purpose flour only, so will try next time too.

Good morning everyone,
Today is the big day for me again. The announcement of retrenchment in my company. Now just have to wait for email, followed by close door meeting. See if I'm the lucky one to get another 4 month maternity and sit home to relax.

good morning mummies! i am lost in the threads..hehe..again i had to travel agst my will to Indonesia for work.

genice - u back in sg?
Stephie - everything alrite?
blueginger - oh no, hope everything will be ok.
xy - I must say i sure explode if my hubby was like tt, was he like that all along (b4 marriage?), if so, then really tough. we shouldn't have different expectations for hubby perhaps after marriage. For us, maybe we have the natural instincts that we prefer things to be neat at home,take care of bb,..etc.

I think i mentioned it b4, but i think i am proud of my hubby. He has learnt to do everything from day 1 since bb was born, or even b4 bb was born, he was a helpful husband, i think i feel more inferior because he seems to do much more nowadays. yesterday was our wedding anniversary but i had arrive from the airport ard 10plus pm,reach home at 11,dam tired, no chance to celebrate anything. better make up to him tonight.

Stephie, what happen to you? Why need to be on medication? Yea it’s sim tia to stop when yield still good. Anyway we have good excuse to stop ma, like you have to take med while I no more ss liao :p

But 1 thing I realize shaun was chubby when he is on BM, and now he slim down a lot cuz his milk not oily enuff ( my bm very oily leh).

Clover, I bought from Yong Xu organic shop. My dad is coming to visit me this weekend, if you want any organic stuff frm msia can tumpang his car J pm me then. Hey we can share recipes hor! Where do you stay and where did you shp for organic stuff?

Blueginger, you working meh? All the while I tot you sahm leh..

Qingling, you are the lucky one! I guess your hubby is the 1 out of 10 who is a good helper or can handle bb well hehe.

tong - yea lucky me
happy.gif
, perhaps we need to read up, how to talk to husband so that they will listen, and how to listen so that husband will talk.haha..if there's such a book.

tong, I stay at amk. I usually get organic veg fr a stall at the wet mkt near my house or at ntuc @ amk hub. where is this yongxu u mentioned? tks for the offer but dun wan to trouble yr dad lah.
happy.gif

ladies, I juz bot a maclaren day tripper for $99 at Tom n stephanie. good deal!

Xiaoyun!!! MUACKS!!! I'm so touched. How do you find the game? Not bad right?
happy.gif

Yesterday, went airport so no need to comment on your engorgement. Can just go to toilet to handexpress at your usual pump time. You'll feel better.
happy.gif

re: supermum
crystal,
jia you. kan kai dian.

re: bf
tongtong,
my supply drops a bit too.
tired of lugging the pumps and cooler bag to office day in day out, wondering how long i can tahan.

stephie,
*hug hug*
you've bf for 16 months, you've provided the best for shawn for so long.
now, your health is more important..

re: retrenchment
bluegin,
not again!!!
don't tell me you are a jinx when pregnant. :p

jass,
hi hi.
i am fine.

qingling,
i would say, hb still doing very well for the jobscope that defined before marriage.
just that he can't seem to take on additional jobscope when bb comes along..
sad.gif

re: bread
when we put oat in the bread, do we need to grind it first?
I am going to use instant oat.

tongtong
oh, me had hyperthyroidism previously and had recovered in 2001 and fully discharged in 2002. all the while ok when i went for annual checkup. only relapse in 2006 after i gave birth in 2005. then on medication. recovered when i just got pregnant. now relapsed again. super sian.

but like you said, good reason to stop. else i really bu ren xin to stop (cos shawn will cry until very cham when i don't bf him).

qingling
thanks for your concern. i'm fine. just feeling sad to know i had to stop bf loh.

clover
me bought the daytripper too in mar this year when taka was having sales. also at $99. had add'l 10% disc (became abt $89). me find it good deal too. and very good to use.
happy.gif

xiaoyun
thanks for the consolation. last time for my #1, lagi worse, i cried when i knew i had to stop bfg. sms fren and hubby when i was at the clinic cashier waiting to pay $. now better to accept the fact. i seriously think it's the change in hormones during bfg that caused the relapse. so suah, both relapses are after i gave birth.

yalor, frens and hubby also said health more impt.

pauline
yahor, didn't think about hand expressing when xy said she was engorged. me too did that in office 2 weeks ago when i'm trying to stop the supply. at least help to relieve a bit. u went airport to jalan jalan?

stephie, yrs even better deal! my boy is a bit small for it. looks like he being swallowed up by the stroller.

XY, i think instant oat dun need to grind, coz its processed liao. i'm making another loaf of bread now!

Pauline... i super buay tahan.. c u all mention restaurant city so i also went to play... haha.. quite fun.. But can i check where to buy ingredients har.. i need some stuffs to upgrade my dishes.. can only trade?? Anyone got apple to trade with me??

clover
which amk market sell organic veggies? are the range wide? i make weekly trip tp market place to buy. if market has it, i can save some petrol...

Stephie, I got exp cos got to do that in Shanghai, no place to express and RaeAnne was not with me on that trip. Think I've seen enough toilet bowls at close up liao. Yucks! :p

Yesterday, went to T3 cos met my photographer friend for lunch (it was his birthday) but he needed to take a shot of ECP towards airport. Ended up spending 5 hours there cos I wanted to buy Samsonite luggage (got offer and gst free at T3) but I never check out the prices at dept stores so midway, we sat at TCC. He helped me check the dept store numbers and I call Taka, Tangs and Robinsons to compare prices. Faint! So auntie hor. ;)

Genice, hehe, welcome to the RC club!
biggrin.gif

Fastest way to get free ingredients is to add as many friends (that play RC) to your facebook account as possible. Because everytime you visit a friend restaurant for the first time, you get 1 FREE ingredient! Please add me (pauline koh) and my hubby (Teo Aik Cher - he has 2 FB accounts, so please add both).
happy.gif

Then everyday, you must answer the daily quiz correctly then can get another free ingredient everyday. Read the cheat sheet here first. http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=529150

Lastly, must pay with coins lor. Zoom out and look out for the market stall at top right hand corner of your restaurant. Everyday, got 3 new ingredients for sale.
Apples were on sale yesterday at 6000 coins, the day before it was 8000 coins and I bought it at high price. Faint!

Enjoy the game!
happy.gif

heehee.. next time if we have gathering again, can those mummies who have bread machine make bread for us? :p

pauline
not auntie lah. must spend our $ wisely mah. so in the end did you buy the samsonite? me feel like buying a samsonite hard case too. want to get those spinner type. really easy to manoveur.

re hand express, i sometimes do it when i'm showering to relieve the engorgement (if i'm not going to pump soon).

genice
are you back in SG already?

qingling
thanks. yah, me also try to comfort myself. at least this time round manage to survive till now, 5 mths longer than my #1's time
happy.gif

Stephie, yup I got the Samsonite Sahora Travel (soft case with 4 wheels, biggest 81cm) at $366+. Taka still cheaper cos with additional 10% discount for members, it's only $352.90 but I didn't want to travel to town and end up got to take taxi during peak hour back home (will cost at least $20). So I just bought at T3 lor, somemore the Malay sales gal was very nice and friendly.
happy.gif

Hardcase, I think robinsons having sale. Skywheeler 4 wheels, can't remember the size but still $430 after discount. Quite exp to me. :p

Stephie and qingling.. i not back yet but coming back this sat.. Very fast hor..

Wah.. pauline.. u planning to go on trips again?? Hehe..

k.. i will add ur hubby later.. u already in my FB.. wah.. so expensive to buy apples..
sad.gif
Can i check what is the no. beside the fork and spoon for. U will see at every restaurant. And popularity level got pts or not.. haha.. sorry a lot of qns..

grace, the mkt is at blk 527 amk ave 10, cheng san mkt. the stall name is brillant and they sell fresh organic veg/fruits on tues, thurs, sat and sun only. i find the range quite ok. its near me, so i just walk there n buy when i need. i dun keep organic veg for more than 2, 3 days. if i cant finish, i will try to cook n freeze.

pauline
wow, so ex ah. i saw a lime green one (don't know what model) at samsonite store. also hardcase, spinner. promo prize is $279. but the colour is too striking.

genice
did you read the news these 2 days that so far the H1N1 cases in Singapore are from pple coming back from USA? remember to take extra precautions on your flight back.

Stephie, yup, I saw that but don't like the lime green colour too. :p But I remember it was mid size. I prefer large size cos if travelling with young kids, no need to handle so many luggages mah.
happy.gif

The Sammies at airport outlet also having good offer, the tiger one quite cute, maybe your gal will like. It's $100+ but I bu she de to buy. hehe.

Genice, that's the restaurant rating. As you gather enough popularity points, your rating increases then you can have a bigger restaurant, increase the no. of staff etc. Try to upgrade the dishes then can get more gourmet points each time a dish is served then can get popularity points faster.

pauline:
haha the game sounds fun, let me check it out @ home. LOL.

qingling:
u are so lucky to have a zi dong hubby. sometimes i find myself in the same situation as xy, sigh...

pauline
on yah, 81 cm is very big. abt 32 inchces right? i have a 32 inch soft case luggage. very big. i used it when i went europe (free gift from cc company). but lousy loh, handle spoilt (first time use only leh) when i was coming back. side also kana scratched and peeled off a little.

last time my 26inch soft case luggage, the zipper split open when i collect my luggage, another time, the lock and the zipper kana torn off. now think better get hardcase.

re: hubby
it's a bonus if your hubby is as zidong as qingling's. guess most guys are alike loh, not domesticated. must push then do kind.

Clover, I think there’s organic outlet at AMK. I got the reference from mag. The one that I frequent is at yishun central, at the bus interchange there. After I get my machine pls share with me your bread recipe hor.

Stephie, oh does the illness affect your life? Must be on medication?

Breastfeeding: I have not expressed for 1 week liao. But yesterday when I press still got milk. Will I still have milk forever?

Genice: ya remember to wear mask on the flight back

tong, np rdg the recipe. will pm u the recipe link when I hv chance to use the pc. can give me the addy of the organic shop near yishun interchange? coz i'm going to yishun lib next week to return books.

the bread I made today is quite big! haven't sliced it yet but I'm excited. confirmed my first loaf is a flop!

clover - me too made another loaf of bread too today. hee hee..walnut and oat flavour..yum yum

i used the nut and rasin recipe from the bluesky manual,but i only put walnut and oat.
happy.gif

2511913.jpg

i've made 3 loafs of white bread so far.
first one not soft enough, the culprit is too little sugar. used 1 teaspoon instead of 1 tablespoon.
second one use olive oil, soft and nice on the first day. but it turn hard on the 2nd day. after steaming, texture is back to soft again.
third one use butter, not sure about how's the texture as i asked my sis to bring back home for my parents
happy.gif

will do the 4th one tonight or tomorrow morning, see how much energy i have after work later. this time round, will try the apple oat using the recipe given by zojirushi.
happy.gif

clover,
i using the bread slicing knife too. but my skill not good, end up some part thick some part thin.
also, there are lots of bread crumbs. don't know if it's because my knife not sharp.
your recipe using the same amount of sugar, salt and olive oil as mine.
but my yeast is double of yours and flour is 1 and 3/4 cup only.
don't know if that's the reason that my bread is very airy.
is yours texture very fine?
i am thinking of how to make that kind of texture of the white bread sold in the traditional bread shop.

qingling,
nice slicing skill. all the breads are so even.
happy.gif

stephie,
when to have next gathering?
happy.gif

i've no problem bringing bread. :D
i promised my colleague to bring them bread next week too!!

re: RC
pauline,
i tried the cheat sheet and i am too slow!!
only find the answer after 10 s. :p

re: engorgement
i've never try hand express before. afraid that it will spray everywhere. :p

re: outing
i think i am not going to the museum tomorrow liao.
saw the program is most suitable for age 3 and above. afraid that C will not enjoy it due to the crowd.
don't wish to expose to too many ppl as she's just recovered 2 weeks.
you guys enjoy yourself!!

genice,
very fast, 3 months liao.
you ship how many cartons of things back? :p

Back