(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

Kitsune,
maybe I am kiasu, would like to standby 3 pairs for myself. Since now so cheap and babycenter, I might as well buy it if there are sufficient ppl joining the spree.

Not sure if you all are interested in this item from babycenter?

http://store.babycenter.com/product/left+nav+pgroups/shop+by+brand/g+-+l/leapfrog/discovery+ball.do?asc=false

babycenter order:
(A) Medela membrane
http://store.babycenter.com/product/breastfeeding/breast+pump+accessories/membranes+for+medela+breast+pumps.do?asc=false
(1) xiaoyun
(2) kitsune

(B) Softfit breastshield
(1)

(C) LeapFrog Discovery Ball
http://store.babycenter.com/product/left+nav+pgroups/shop+by+brand/g+-+l/leapfrog/discovery+ball.do?asc=false
(1) xiaoyun

jeannie,
my bb does have something stucked in nose.
we tried to take it out by tooth pick/finger nails when she's sleeping. that's quite dangerous - i think.
probably will go and get some tweezer.

hi jeannie/xiaoyun,
pls don't use tweezer, there is a nasal aspirator which they sell that u can use to remove stuff from nose..

eliaw,
thanks for the advise.
i saw those nasal aspirator before. are they powerful enough to suck out the stuff in the nose? my bb one is quite hard le.

xiao yun,
pls dun use tweezer fr the hard one as it could cos bleeding if u force it out. my pd said it's ok fr them to drop by themselves.

kitsune,
yes, only gt 1 side.
happy.gif
maybe u get 1 side fr Mumsnbabes?

Order
1. tute
2. winnie - Snowflake blue
3. bkkgal - soft pink
4. iang - hip green
5. qoosan - hip green
6. Garfield9 - chocolate
7. Artemis - Black Wrap
8. kitsune - chocolate
9. xuan - pink wrap
10. eliaw - chocolate

qoosan - 10 liao!!

Softfit breastshield - i got one spare from my harmony pump.. don't like it.. used once.. anyone interested?

Nasal aspirator - i got extra one.. can give FOC.. pass during gathering..

jeanine
my pd gave a nasal spray to relieve nose blocks, its basically a saline spray so not medicated, and comes in the form of a spray can with a little nozzle. the brand i hv is called 'tonimer'. i used that today for the 1st time - bb was crying and like panicking. i used it and within seconds she calmed down liao. magic.

Xiao Yun, I have transferred, please check reference number is 0972 at 1510hrs.

I went out to compass point to get the avent breast shell cos mine right side is always leaking and i need to change pad every 3 hours. and it is heavy... so i thot can get the shell to use. but i realise it is meant for using only latching and pumping if there is leak, but i dont leak at then, i leak at all other moment???!!!

Anyone want to buy from me? I have opened it, but not yet used before, purchase price is $30, willing to sell around $20, please PM me.... sad sad...

now i got myself into another problem, bb is treating me like pacifier, even after bottle she wants to latch just o sleep. when i did not get home just now, she is lying in cot, whne she hear my voice, she starts calling out.... till i pick her up and latch her..... then she can sleep, if i unlatch, she will cry.... cham liao.... is it time for pacifier.... but how to give pacifier??? hold ther for her to eat till she can hold in place???

hi all, may i ask anyone with one month old baby? How much formula does your BB drink and how far apart? 2 & half hrs or 3 or 4 hrs?

qoosan,

sorry didn't have chance to log on all day...btw, i stay in sengkang, maybe can have one person to gather order from east coz think quite a few staying in east...or can send via post ? i dun mind paying for postage if u have time to pack + post...do let me know, thanks !

1. tute - chocolate
3. bkkgal - soft pink
4. iang - hip green
5. qoosan - hip green
6. Garfield9 - chocolate
7. Artemis - Black Wrap
8. kitsune - chocolate
9. xuan - pink wrap
10. eliaw - chocolate

winnie,
same prob for me...when i'm ard bb treat me as pacifier...but i intro pacifier oredi for when i'm not at home...he will spit out a few times before actually sucking the pacifier...if until 5 times he still spit out, i take it he's still hungry.

hi garfield,

u can email me ur LC's contact?
think i desperately need 1 to come to visit me at home.thanks so much!

hi tute,

now my supply dropped desperately,though no more engorgement,but the ss is not enough for my bb :<
how to go about it?how the ss can go haywire within a few days?

Sorry, no time to read through all posts. Here is the contact for lactation consultant that a few of you were asking for.

Ms Uma (formerly from Thomson) 98318874

Starry, how many sets of membrane do you want? Since my PIS is only a loan set from my friend, I don't mind getting just 1 set of membrane as spare.

Thanks, garfield. How much are Ms Uma's charges again?
happy.gif

QooSan, Eliaw, let me check out the Softfit shield at Xiaoyun's first. If it's suitable, I'll get from both of you.

i think i will slowly phase in bottle feeding liao, though latch on time to time, actually a bit sad, but i think no choice got to let go liao.... cos if i still continue to latch her on like that as and when she wants, then there will be problem...

happymum2b,
Did you order the Goat's Rue from Kelly? Or anybody can collect for me?

Anybody knows how to pump and bf when go back to work? How to change 3hrly pump to working timing?

thankful,
just delay the pump timings.. mine is now 6-8 hrly..
but regarding how to bf when back to work.. i'm still thinking how to.. my ofc not too friendly for expressing..

Thankful, I'm going back to work in end April so 4 weeks left. Yesterday, KK LC told me to pump every 3 hrs this week, every 4 hrs next week, every 5 hrs following week and finally every 6 hrs the week before going back to work. Maybe, you can try that.

very very lost again...

This new CL cannot make it leh... She nap in the noon when baby is not napping, and even morning when baby is awake, i feed her, she also jolly well go back her room close door and continue sleeping...

last night so cold her fan also on to medium and i am so worried baby will catch a cold.... just now when the cl woke up, the cl herself is sneezing away liao....

yesterday , she also complain that the food my mum bought in the fridge not suit her cooking style, so end up she re-buy the things she needs.... instead of she work to accomodate us, now we seem to need to accomodate her...

i am thinking of asking her to leave.... is it possible??

and the hubby aunt also gave me headache. This long weekend, she wants to go out with my SIL for daytime, I told her it is fine, just go 3 days daytime is fine. And I ask her if i ask CL to leave, can she come back to my place at night, then sister in laws can fetch her out the subsequnet morning.... then she gave me that kind of"no" answer, saying that sat she needs to be early to go bank, sun need to be early to go church.... and ask me instead if my mum can come over to stay.....

wonder if i should move back to my mum place instead.....

dont know why, hhubby is away and getting his aunt to do things is so tough and the CL is so uncoorperative.....

goodbabyb,
did you reduce ur freq too fast ? maybe try to increase again ?

jeannie,
i use small size cotton bud to clean but only when my baby is asleep or half asleep.

qoosan,
ok..will settle delivery bit later on...thanks for organising !
happy.gif

Gee...yah its a leap year baby and he is born at 0001. If abit earlier then can get the $30k grant from govt:p

Baby was crying lots last night. Pat him, carry him oso no use
sad.gif
Suspect he is trying to poo but pooing seems difficult for him. Really duno what to do.

Just to check if baby would still have sticky poo(but its mustard color) when he is 3 weeks old? He still is yellow(juandice) now is it ok or shd i bring him to the doc?

winnie
if you are not happy with the new cl, you can always ask her to leave. no point spend $ and she can't solve the problem for you.

IAng
my boy is wk 4, not as yellow as 1st 2 wks. i am still bf him.

thankful
i am thinking of letting bb feed at one side, while expressing another side during the maternity leave.
gosh... i forgot last time how i managed to start storing bm during maternity leave and still bf my gal at the same time.

any 2nd time mummy who bf can advise?

eliaw.. i also have the nasal aspirator.. is it the one with a big bulb then u squeeze to create a vacuum.. but the opening like quite big cannot squeeze into baby nose.. Did u try?? is it effective? But my bb nose stucked is like hard one and not mucus.. still can suck out?

Xiaoyun.. dun use toothpickk.. i think quite dangerous.. maybe u cna try the nasal aspirator too.

oscar.. the saline thing.. how will it relieve the blocked nose.. will bb fell uncomfortable that we put the saline in?? Will the hard hard thingy drop out??

tute.. my cl also use small size cotton bud.. she does it after baby bathe casue she say wet easier but then i dun dar.. scared push further in..u dare to???

hi tute,

i slowly turned from min speed to max speed,wrong method??any 1 of u usng medela PIS?any feedback?
tmc's wong bb said is my pump problem,asked me to buy medela PIS...

jeannie,
my son's mucus hard one as well, that's y my mom ask me to use cotton bud. Initially scared will push it even further but manage to get it out...quite easy actually...i hv that nasal respirator thing but my sis say use it when bb hv cold...

xiao yun,
agree with the rest...dun use toothpick, v dangerous leh..

goodbaby,
not sure about pump...coz i'm using avent manual

dear mummies, i got a problem... need help.
my bb now at week 5 dun poo poo everyday. just brought her to PD yesterday after din poo poo for 4days. PD inserted a medicine into her anus and she shited alot yesterday morning. but after that till now, she haven poo again. me quite worried. is there any remedy that can assist her to have normal shitting frequency?
btw, i tried to breastfeed her in the day and only on one time formula every night.

hi xuan,
been reading about poo problem too as my boy only poo once a day but a lot so i guess it's just his digestive system like that...

for your case, could it be due to the formula ? did you try changing formula ? or maybe the food you've been eating ? i notice my son's poo is more regular when i eat more fruits e.g. papaya

just some ideas for you to consider trying...i'm also still experimenting till now, haven't ask my pd yet coz he still poo daily just not very often and he's still gaining weight...will prob check with pd during next check up...

hi xuan,
my pd advised that the frequency of poo can reduce from 5-6x a day to once in 10 days (and applies to BM-fed babies too).

what tute says is true...what we eat can affect babies' stool patterns.

Xuan, if the dr just insert the babylac into your bb, it'll take some time before she'll pass out more poo cos what was inside has been cleared already. Wait one more day to see.

Xiaoyun, think I may not be able to go to your place tomorrow liao cos my friend coming over. Will kiv on Sunday cos the PT cleaner coming over also, if confirm going, will sms you first to see if you are free. :p

Tute, I hardly eat fruits but my BB's poo frequency is at least 8 times a day. Already 2 months old, still like that.

hi ladies, i m fr the april thread. can i chk if any1 of u have engaged any malay postnatal massage lady and she is v effective in helpin u to slim down to prepregnancy figure in a few wks time? pls kindly share.

Busybaby wrap

I have emailed to busybaby wrap (cant find their contact no.) to see if we can get the BP price as DEC mummy. Currently still waiting fr their reply.

1. tute - chocolate
3. bkkgal - soft pink
4. iang - hip green
5. qoosan - hip green
6. Garfield9 - chocolate
7. Artemis - Black Wrap
8. kitsune - chocolate
9. xuan - pink wrap
10. eliaw - chocolate

kitsune,
are you seeing yen ping KKH lacatation nurse? She din tell me just tell me 3hrly now. Aiyo me zoombie so can't follow cos it's 3hrly from pumping start time. I need 45-1hr to pump out completely. So very "xiong" now. Hubby ask me not to bf when go back to work after seeing me want to "peh san" already.

thankful, what?? 3 hourly from start time??? i thot from ending time leh....

wonder how long do we need to pump each time? 20 min??

actually i spend a lot of time on pumping that i am worried i am losing out the bonding time with baby.

re CL
I have asked the CL to leave, cos simply cannot tahan liao..... after she put the bb milk to 70 degree warmer and leave it there all the while, till i see, then she says she does not know who set to 70 degrees... gosh and she used it the pervious night to feed my baby leh.... wonder how hot the milk she has given to my baby.... cos she is down with fever so cant feel the heat....

so my ex CL is back to help me till sunday...

re aunt
have a conflict witht he aunt again.... intially she wants to go and enjoy the long weekend, i told her no prob. but if i ask CL to go, can she come back for the night and go out in the day... she turn me down also..... told hubby that i have given up, cos everything i ask, she said no, then everything hubby asked she said yes, as if i am the dumb stupid one. ask her cook lunch also say no, hubby ask her cook then she say yes.

strength
I think it is because I amnot brave enough like the rest of you SAHM to handle the baby..... sometimes i feel very scared, but i am determined that if she is not going to come back on sunday night, i will not ask her back, else she thinks i cant cope without her....

sigh, seems like I am always complaining on the forum, and no contribution.....

Winnie, +hugz+
dun think too much...
happy.gif

it is good to voice out yr frustration rather than keepin them.

re:aunt
maybe u wan to have a talk with her. to see whether is she really willing to help u out.if not, u should start thinking of alternatives.

re:pump
i pump every 3-4 hours...dun think will lose out on bonding

hi all,

Would like to consolidate order for babycenter with 15% discount, spree ending time will be 23 Mar. If can't hit $150, then cannot proceed liao cos will not have 15% discount.
babycenter order:
(A) Medela membrane (USD 4.56)
http://store.babycenter.com/product/breastfeeding/breast+pump+accessories/membranes+for+medela+breast+pumps.do?asc=false
(1) xiaoyun
(2) kitsune
(3) xiaoyun

(B) Softfit breastshield
(1)

(C) LeapFrog Discovery Ball (USD 10.20)
(1) xiaoyun
(2) xiaoyun

now i got only USD 34.08.
anyone want to join?

winnie,
*hug*
if i pump, will be 10 minutes. mine is a dual pump.

kitsune,
ok. noted. you let me know again.
happy.gif

goodbaby,
i am using PIS advanced. so far think that it's quite efficient. but ppl commented that it does not yield as much as Avent Manual.

Back