(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

xy - H still playing with the exploration station, she likes to pull the handle. The fisherprice piano she will occasionally touch it, but 2 of the keys are spoilt, the blue ones
sad.gif

Tute: Are u PR? No subsidy quite siong...

XiaoYun: really? now $650? I am so outdated haha
hmm so its really not much diff right so can't really say CC at 600 to 700 is ex

Xiaoyun: How do u prevent the mat from slipping? I have one in playpen size. When I place on mattress for her to sleep, it always ended up crumpled to one corner cos she can turn all over the place in bed.

CC: actually its not abt branded or not but how comfortable you are with the place and teachers. A branded one with very good activities but ineffective and non passionate teachers is no use cos they cannot deliver...

cheryl,
really? how come? cos vernon attend cc, seldom stay at home?

C still play leh, will still go and touch touch when she feels like it. discovery ball at ah ma place, exploration station at home.

I find it strange that there’s no response to the pelangi books leh. Anyone of you still want the books?? Since I’m going back KL to pick up Shaun again, I will still get the books from KL with no shipping cost.

XY, yea neighbour is the bbsitter, but now Shaun is in KL becos nanny taking one month off, her daughter sitting for O-level. That’s why I got time to organize spree!! Hehe. but sian leh no response eventhough FREE shipping wor! :p

I went talentplus to take a look and doesn’t look quite good to me leh. Am looking for other playgroup for shaun. Think will start next year liao.

apple,
it seems cannot prevent it from not slipping away as it's so light. one way is to turn it 90 degree so that part of it can be folded under the matteress.
when C is younger and i afraid of the SIDS, i placed it underneath the bedsheet. the effect is still there but just weaker.

yahor, if to compare $600 CC and $130 playgroup, CC seems to be expensive. but compare with nanny, it's actually quite similar. somemore some nanny will request additional topup in order to cook the meals.

qingling
same. the piano key spolit den no batt. lol...

xiaoyun
no time to play.
weekday by the time we reach home is abt 7plus liao. after bath and all.. he have to drink milk and zz liao...weekend hor. he dun play witht he toys 1 lah. duno y

xiaoyun
ya, think discovery ball has the phonic feature too. my girl learns phonics from her english class. so sometimes she'll pronounce to me. there are letters which I didn't know how to pronounce.

must go dig out the discovery ball for shawn to play. forgotten about it until you mention.

garfield
can sense your happiness. $ well spent on your gold serum. how much is one?

xiaoyun
ur coy declare monday as off day due to deepavali? mine same as tong tong, can claim one day off in lieu. so it's like an add'l day of annual leave. though i much prefer a long weekend ;)

Re: ABC
mummies whose toddler can recite A-Z. Very li hai leh. Actually i forgot when my gal can recite ABC liao.

shawn is slower in speech development than his jie jie. heard before that boys usually slower in this aspect so i'm not so kan chiong.

tute, apple,
thanks for your compliments...both of you all also make my day hehe =) i always tell hb that every woman appreciates a compliment now and then!

i got the gold serum from one of the BPs cos like i was sharing - i pay sooooooooooo much more at my beauty salon. really super rip off. it cost me $30 for a box of 10 bottles - each can be used 4 to 6 times. the gold flakes will "melt" upon application so cannot see the "bling bling" anymore =P

playgroup vs CC
i think to me two main diff between the two is (a) teaching of lifeskills like potty training, or self feeding, bathing etc.
(b) flexibility in terms of the hours (eg. for morning CC can bring kids anytime from 7am onwards although curriculum only starts at 8.30am). or if for some reason emergency need to leave child there for full day instead of half a day. no such flexibility for playgroup

so for CC definitely much higher cost.

daytime nanny cost,
my friend pays about $550 (bring to nanny house at sengkang)

stephie,
your post just reminded me - will SMS you re tomorrow. hehe...ya v easy to make me happy one =) i got my gold serum at $3 per bottle.

Hi ladies,

Thanks for your views.

Hi Garfield,

My main aim is just to expose Danica to children her own age and learn some skills. Linguistically speaking, Danica is a little slow. She still cannot (will not?) pronounce most words even though she can sign fairly well now.

Hi tubao,

My HB agrees with your view :p

Hi Xiao Yun,

Our investments are mainly in US markets. :D So I only monitor after Danica sleeps till midnight or latest 1 a.m.

RE : playgroup versus childcare

While I really disliked the idea of having a stranger in my house initially, now I really cannot imagine how we survived without one (or maybe it's cause my MIL helped before we had one but I really don't like to trouble her as she is still working).

I was thinking if childcare, will I be subjecting Danica to school and all its rules and regiments too early? But if playgroup, will she be learning enough? :p

XY, here's the link for elfa http://www.elfa.edu.sg/. My ex collegue sends all her 3 gals to the one at Pari Burong and had good reviews. I remember last time a Jan08 mummy who's in the childcare line said the one near my house Tampines Central CC, the principal not bad.
happy.gif

The cool mat I'm thinking of getting for Raelynn's new cot that we bought from Metro since RaeAnne is sleeping on the toddler bed. The new cot comes with free mattress but it's the cheap type with no holes. Scared it'll be hot, that's why thinking of buying a cool mat to put on top lor. :p But I still have the mattress protector that I bought from your sis so don't know whether can put the 2 mats on top of each other or not. :p I have the link to your sis's website but it's full price $26.70 for the cot size. BP price is $23.70 with free postage, that's why asking if your sis can give better price lor. hee. ;)

Gar, congrats, so the gold serum is cheap and good ya? Aiyah, all my ampoules bought last year still in the fridge, don't dare to buy anymore. :p

Tongtong, I really bought too many books recently and I haven't even received them so don't know whether RaeAnne's small bookshelf can accomodate. If not will support your spree. :p

artemis,
wa.. u sleep so little.
i cannot tahan if i sleep after 10pm. but i wake up early, about 5 am.

pauline,
website has got to be full priced. it's controlled by the supplier.
she said can give discount. will be cheaper than what you see. :p
better don't announce it here as it's unofficial.

pauline,
thanks - the gold serum is really cool. expiry is 2012 so i have plenty of time to finish using. if you want can sell you one bottle to try lor =) good things must share

btw, thanks for the BP alert
happy.gif
i may pick up a few items there. wanted to ask you what are training pants for....a bit suaku

heh. Gar, I also bought ampoules. But I bought collagen, refining and Vit C ones. Didn't try the gold serum. Now you tempt me to buy somemore. heh.

And yes, very worth it. one bottle can use quite a lot of times. Much better than going to facial.

I think after this round of my facial pacakge, i will quit facials liao.

I super no mood to work today - a lot of work actually - but just dun feel like working. Feeling disgruntle cuz my big boss is a manipulator. She will keep piling more n more work on you at ridiculous timelines while she will claim all glory. But if something goes wrong, you will probably get it. My immediate supervisor is nice - but there's only that much he can do mah.

sigh. work here is getting more and more unpleasant. Just hoping to be able to put all this aside/behind as much as possible and just go with the flow.

But my workscope is very shiong - and i dun likoe it taking upa ll my personal time as well. Usually Ruth sleep around 9. I will be back on my office laptop doing work mostly until 12/1. Of course in between will maybe watch abit of TV, do housework, and do personal things. But it's abit scary cuz on nights i don't do work, i feel abit lost. LOL. Ridiculous.

garfield,
ur skin good leh. can apply anything..
mine seems cannot, only can apply aloe vera gel. any cream will cause pimple - include california baby calendula cream.

pauline,
i've got to dig her stock for it. don't know where she put.
let you know if can find, ok?

re: beauty products
i was thinking if i can use those ampoules as mask?
that's why was asking if anyone want to share the pill mask.
later found out that it's from overseas supplier. so troublesome.
anyone has idea where to get pill mask?

lezy,
work is like that loh. must find small happiness within your work. e.g., i've got good colleagues so always look forward to lunch time. :p

lezy,
since you are a convert - you MUST try the gold serum. i tell you, really very very good. my open pores have almost vanished man. so much so my colleagues ask me if i just went for facial or what haha. have sent you a PM also.

re work - possible to get an internal transfer to another department and do something else? ya working on laptop at night is a yucky feeling....i used to have to do that daily. hope this rough patch is over soon!

xy,
hehe...cos yours is young skin mine is old skin =) don't know how to use the pill mask leh. what is it?? i know at beauty salon they apply ampoule first before the mask supposedly better effect

XY, imagined you collected some good chips during the financial crisis in the US, the stocks would have already appreciated a lot by now ( look at how temasek invested in Citibank shares back then). The appreciation in capital far outweighs the depreciation of USD. So it doesn’t matter lor

clover, think by end of Oct I got to close and order because they take 1 week to reach my house and i;ll be back to KL early Nov.

US stocks - ya agree with tong. i super no guts lah wanted to buy citi shares when it was below $1. imagine now $5...500% gain....put in $1000 get $5000. muahahahahaha

but NATO (no action talk only) so can only dream of the profits i would have made

garfield, me too no $ and guts to enter the mkt haha. my bro asked me to invest like dunno coke or what US counter. but i drag drag till now, no chance liao

US stocks.. yar agree.. shld have pick up some cheap buys.. but then again... who knows.. :p

Gar.. pm me the link.. sounds a miracle serum leh... how long does it take to see the effect?

Qingling.. st james is really far for you.. actually not very convenient for me too have to send her there and next time she will have to take sch bus.. but that is if she gets in lah.. i still on waiting list..
sad.gif
.. for my next kid.. i will register the baby straight after delivery.. :p guarantee got space!

RE: TGIF!!
Have a wedding dinner tonight..bringing baby along.. Its like 4th consecutive weeks i am attending wedding dinners.. how to slim down... Jia lat.. But i am quite excited abt bringing G there.. always like to bring her whenrever we go.. the thot of her make me so happy.. haha.. this mummy a bit siao liao.

This morning she was preparing to go for the tea ceremony so i was changing her and told her that 'You are changing so that you can look mei mei'... than she also repeated mei mei and i asked her you want to look mei mei or not than she said "yao" and after i took off her shirt, she immediately grab the dress and wanted me to help her wear. She also sat down and let me tie her hair..I really enjoy all these simple moments with her.

yesterday night, i put on a new dress that she will be wearing for the dinner tonight and she immediately went to look at the mirrror and touched the ribbons on the dress and say 'mei mei'.. hehe.. vain ger..

Apple so u just let her watch the brainy baby? Do u actually sit down with her and keep going thru a-z or sing abc song.
Maybe recognising A-Z is not as impt as regonizing words.. but i do it it as a milestone..
happy.gif
and certainly not all kids can pick up that as fast.. thats why very impressed on how u all teach

hmmm She watched them on and off when I was at work (my hubby sometimes let her watch while i was at work to keep her quiet) and normally reading I will ask her to bring me a book. At one period in time, she always bring me the ABC book so I just read to her...... if i read a book I pick for her, she will "ngek". It must be a book of her choice then she will be willing to listen.

hmm oh u can try leapfrog letter factory for her to watch. They introduce the letter sounds if u would like her to learn phonics. A likes to watch it very much and can make the letter sounds when i ask her for eg The "a" says ? then she will follow up with the sound. I watch it with her too cos I dunno how they sound like too!

But on the other hand, I worry she spends too much time watching DVD. Cos at times she will want to watch DVD over reading or doing other things.

Maybe I think too much ahhaa. I feel sometimes I really dunno what I am thinking or doing.

apple.. frankly speaking.. i think u are doing a great job as a mummy!! U are very informative and will get lotsa books and educational dvds for Amanda. I think i am not as good leh..
sad.gif

What is brainy baby? do u think i can borrow ur dvds and try to show gwen first?

hi genice,
aiyo...Gwen is so cute! ya i know what you mean...it's all these tender moments that make parenthood so special!

i PM you the details liao

re stocks - my hb always say perfect hindsight. haha so best for me not to look

garfield,
i would like to know more about the serum although unlikely for me to get due to my pimple prone skin. can pm?

i no young skin lah. already reaching 32 liao, should start applying anti-aging stuff long long time ago. but my skin cannot accept all those
sad.gif

genice,
can imagine her expressions. haha..
opposite to you. i never tell/ask her want to 'mei mei' or not.
reason is that i've seen my nieces too vain until they want to wear lacy dress, etc at home - i cannot tahan. :p
if i want to tie her hair, i will tell her so that she won't be hot. if want to change her clothes, tell her so that she won't be catching cold.
hope that she won't grow up become tomboy.

XY, i also tomboy when i'm at sch. I never wear dress since primary till i come out for work!! imagine i only wear pants from 7yo till about 20!!only started to learn how to wear dress when i start working :p

XY, i also tomboy when i'm at sch. I never wear dress since primary till i come out for work!! imagine i only wear pants from 7yo till about 20!!only started to learn how to wear dress when i start working :p

tong,
not bad lah. at least still wear dress mah.
saw you talk about the ceramic pan in Jan thread. how much selling at OG?
i actually wanted to buy a pan too.

Garfield,
I am interested in the gold serum, can PM me? :p

I dun know who ask how to train kids to recognise A-Z. but I din purposely train Channet.
When she is 4mths old, I sat with her to watch YBCR programme. After completing YBCR, I sat with her to watch Hi5 or brainy baby. I need to sit with her as cannot leave her alone in the room to watch programme. That's all.
Initially she din respond to any questions ask by the programmes. Now, she can answer wat the programme is asking.

XY,
yalor. I recently just spotted my freckle.

kitsune,
Thank for the BPs. I'm interested in the training pants. Very cute.

Today also no mood to work. My company having "R project" Phrase 2. My friend asked me "Why everytime you pregnant, company will have retrenchement?" I was like laughing my tummy out.

genice,
don't feel bad. you are not a bad parent. have you read "einstein never used flash cards" or "bright from the start"? i have read both and i think you will feel much better after reading them re your parenting style and Gwen's development =) i have the books - can lend them to you if you want.

xy, blueginger,
sure will PM you =)

bluegin,
freckle already on my face long long time ago liao..

how come R project again? thought economy recover?

garfield,
is the gold serum permanent effect or just cover up the imperfections only?

xy,
dunno leh i only started using. but my colleagues say in general my skin looks much better even on days when i don't apply anything "special" like ampoules or serums.

Gar, thanks, I don't mind getting one to try if you are willing to part with 1 bottle. What's the thing you want to share? PM me also lar.

Training pants is when you want to toilet train your child. Instead of letting them wear normal shorts, training pants can absorb 1 urine amount so that the urine won't flow down the legs and cause the child to slip and fall. But cutting must be right I think. If too big, also absorb the urine well. :p

Re: stocks
My hubby keeps telling me that it'll crash some more. Even during the lowest point in Mar, he was telling me that. But the prices were so low. That's why I average cost for Sc global, citi dev but didn't buy enough lots to reduce the average price significantly. Wanted to buy SIA200 and STI and capitland then but got cold feet cos of my hubby's warning cos I'm not working then so no spare cash to invest. Imagine, if I had bought more then, my portfolio may now be in the black liao.
sad.gif

You gals sure really know how to play with investment. I know nuts abt it. NO dare to rick my hard-earned $$ into it.

XY,
Economy is still not well yet. It is still very vunerable. Can crash anytime. From the way government project is to encourage buying power.

Back