(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

tubao,
i'm the opposite - used to eat at hawker centres + coffeeshops. with arielle, we need high chair - so tend to eat more at restaurants and food courts. end up spend more on meals

and instead of physical shopping, i do online spreeing so end up same same haha

dorothy,
I dun mind too. But since over $100, think mama21 will deliver for kitsune.

Kitsune,
I'm not popping so fast lah. Still hv one more month.

Garfield,
Wow. Have 3 prams. You sure have spaces to store them.
I only have 2 strollers. One heavy-duty and the other light-weight so that easier to carry ard. All foldable so I can keep them in store.

Garfield, yea, I stay at khatib. You got my mobile? Not sure about my plan this weekend yet though. Will sms u if I go out this weekend.

Blueginger, I just saw your increased orders.
happy.gif

Dor, blueginger, I'm ok with combining if both of you don't mind collecting from my house, Tampines St 71. Will update mama21 again and ask her to combine all our 3 orders then. Can you please PM me your HP numbers so that I can update when the books are here?
happy.gif

Bx, thanks, but looks like you don't have to collect for me anymore.
happy.gif

Tongtong, no wonder you didn't reply to my email. I went to Tampines interchange just now to run some errands. Actually asked if I can pick up from your hubby if the books are with him. hee. ;)

blueginger,
ya blame the hb....one we keep in car boot, one is at home, the other (the brand new maclaren) is at my mom's.

tong,
yes i have your number. ok we arrange this weekend.

books,
sigh....so tempted to buy more books seeing you all buy. but really cannot buy already cos still have 45 books with tong haha

Gar, you are not alone. I still got 15 books with tongtong too. Besides the Usborne books, I'm also getting the Kumon books from babyling. Think RaeAnne's new bookshelf is running out of space liao. :p

pauline, dont worry, the pelangi books quite thin. When are you going to the central again ? I will ask my hubby to bring over.

Hehe, tongtong not sure now wor cos I usually go last minute cos must leave the maid at home alone mah. So I try not to go unless really necessary lor.

Today, I went because over the weekend, RaeAnne broke my specs frame so I went today to pick up my new specs lor. If convenient, can ask your hubby to bring to office first. I try and see when I can go down again and meet him.
happy.gif

pauline,
time to upgrade? =)

oh, btw, am going to try the rustic nirvana prenatal massage tonight. 1 for 1 deal. if i like may consider package and try to get more freebies for all of us

Tongtong, just saw your overseas spree for Pelangi books. Wa, now you professional Pelangi spreeist liao leh. How come you still ordering books for yourself though? Didn't you get them when you were at KL?
happy.gif

Gar, haha, upgrade bookshelf? No space in the living room liao. My house already starting to look like a nursery with a huge bumper mat taking centreplace in the living room surrounded by a kiddy bookshelf, RaeAnne's Winnie the Pooh toy box, Hello Kitty shopping trolley with groceries, Megablock toys etc. Faint! :p

Oh good, you going with bkkgal. Hope both of you enjoy it. I must find time to sneak away and do another pre natal massage before i pop too. Yesterday, my lower back hurt so much that I wondered if it was early contractions. :p

regarding pre-natal massage, how do they conduct the massage? Do the mummies lie sideways?

i think i need to pamper myself, been feeling so tired

Pauline, I saw what you ordered and think it’s quite cute, so wanted to order for shaun too. The rainbow series hor, I bot! But shaun doesn’t know how to appreciate yet leh. Flip a few pages to him, he not interested. But I will try la. Oh, the new orders for the series not for me, for my another friend one. She not forum mummy ma, so help her post.

wah i not pro spreeist la haha. first time doing spree!!! hopefully no hiccup. keke

pauline,
same same...i always look at my living room and shake my head at the mess. oh well - what to do right? thanks hope i'll enjoy it too. have been looking forward to it for a looooong time.

qingling,
i've only done once before at changi village hotel when i conceive #1. they do it lying by the side. dunno about RN though.

qingling, yup you lie sideways, they won't touch your tummy area at all.
happy.gif

Tongtong, oic, so you got the 45 books rainbow series plus the 4 book animal series? Wa....
happy.gif
RaeAnne also, she only wants to flip her books to the page and point out something to me, never let me finish reading more than 2 pages before. Sigh. :p

Gar, ooohh, I love the Changi village hotel spa. There was a masseur who was very good, she managed to knead the tight knots from my shoulders with minimal 'after' pain. My shoulders felt so much more relaxed after that. Too bad I don't remember her name, been a long time since I went there too. :p

Gar, me too - looking forward!! waiting for 6pm to run away from work! keke.

Does anyone know if Fullerton spa does prenatal? I've a bunch of 1 for 1 vouchers. In fact, if anyone is an AMEX card holder and wants to use the vouchers, let me know, I'll pass them to you.

bkkgal, ya, Gar and I tried the fullerton spa before cos we had the amex vouchers. But I cancelled the card liao cos annual fee too exp. ;P

Pauline, I think the wordings are quite big, and good enough to point to them the word when we read out. So maybe one day they can suddenly utter the word out when I point leh? Also can keep till he knows how to read lor, since it’s from age 3 to 5 ma. So can keep. Hehe.

kitsune,
I dun mind getting from your place.
PM you liao.
shopping trolley with groceries? Sigh... I wanna buy, was put down by my hb. Keep reminding me where got space.

tongtong,
Your pelangi book spree on ah? I wanna join.

pre-natal massage
sigh... Now too late for prenatal massage, but body aching here and there liao.

kitsune, me ok to pick up from yr place.
if you want, i can pick up yr stuff from tong as i will be gg to mil's place.

pauline,
ok, noted.

me blur lar. turned out the solemnisation was at 3pm. so i fed her porridge at home. then brought her there and gave her finger food like chicken wings, etc.

Hi mummies,
Been awhile since i posted. been so tired out n was really worried for my son for the past 1 wk plus.
2 days aftr my son's mmr jab, he started developing a very bad cold and had fever that was going up and down even though he was on fever meds. Sun was when his fever suddenly broke n rashes appeared. Tell u, i was so damn relieved to c the rashes cos at least the PD cld confirm he is having roseola. Cos earlier on, though i went back to the PD, he cldn't quite tell me what was wrong but the good thing was that ds still remained active throughout even though his appitite was bad. Still, i was so worried that the fever was a reaction to the jab n may result in any upcoming issues. Goodness! his body was always so warm despite me wiping him down, boiling barley etc etc. Even went to yu guo but the yi shi cldn't do anything much except gave him tuina which he thoughly enjoyed. Must say that on days when he went for tuina, he slept pretty well else he wld be waking up every couple of hrs complaining abt his discomfort. He was super clingy n easily irritable. Have this bad feeling that the mmr jab prolonged n made the roseola issue for him much more uncomfortable. Man!!! I am so glad ds is almost back to his normal self!!!! now, though he is still "spotted" all over but can tell he feels so much better
happy.gif
I wld so be unable to forgive myself if anything undesirable happened to him!!!

pauline,
jus realised i bought books fm the same bp as u while trying to destress myself ;p where do u stay huh???

Dor, Blueginger, mama21 emailed me, yup we got free delivery. Please transfer the funds to her soon so that her mum will deliver our orders this Sat or Sun before 12pm. Maybe you gals can collect over the long Deepavali weekend if she delivers on Sat?
happy.gif

Blueginger, it's a kid's trolley selling at Giant so it's not very big. My hubby also said NO! but I saw the way my gal's eyes light up when she saw the trolley and plastic fruits and paper cartons so I bought it anyway. But he's right in a way cos my gal chewed on the plastic 'tins' until the plastic came off and even tries to eat the paper wrapper around the tins. Luckily we kept the paper cartons from her right from the beginning. :p But until now, the trolley is her favourite toy. She zooms for it when we come back from MIL's place every night. Even tries to bring it onto the bed but we make it park it at the corner near the bed. Haha.
happy.gif

Dor, when will you be going to your MIL's place?
happy.gif

Bx, do you want to collect from me instead if it's more convenient than for you to self collect from TPY? Mama21 is ok to combine all our orders.
happy.gif

Tongtong, just now when trying to put RaeAnne to sleep. She surprised me by saying Twoo, Tree, Foour, Six. She repeated it twice then I realised that she's trying to count. Taught her that it should be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. But she keeps dropping the 1 cos her favourite number is 2. Haha. Yup, cannot underestimate our kids, it may seem like they don't know many things but they are absorbing like a sponge. One day they'll shock us with what they know.

Leila, I'm staying at Tampines. Glad Leonard is feeling better, very sim tia to see our darlings suffering from fever.
happy.gif

Gar, I just collected the Kumon books from Babyling in the evening cos she stays quite near to my MIL's place. RaeAnne already went through 5 pages of 'doodling' with her colour pencil in her "Let's Colour" Kumon workbook. I'm keeping the "Let's stick and paste" books first cos I expect it'll be very messy. :p

Pauline.. i am sure Raeanne made ur day! I do agree that the kids are absorbing like a sponge.. gwen also surprised me today when i showed her a red colour flashcard and i just casually asked her what colour this is and she said "red"! I was actually surprised that she knows and will say it out cause i haven show her flash cards for the longest time and to be honest, the last time i thought her colours were quite some time ago. Although its a 'mini' achievement.. i am very happy that she actually remembers and is absorbing so i show make it a pt to read with her for half hr before i go to bed.Hope she will surprise me with more things/words.

The trolley sounds interesting.. got picture?

Apple..you are right in a way.. think pp in sales line usually go for motivational talks to keep them energised and motivated.. hehe.But they say AR seminars can improve relationships too.. dunno how true it is.

Leila.. hope leonard is better now.. poor boy.. at least its roseola so not much to worry now. Take care k.

TT, wow u used to be forex trade.. must be a stressful job...which line are you in now?

Out of curiosity... since so many mummies here already preggie.. how many of you actually go into the 'new thread' for ur 2ns kids and chit chat there?

Dor, yup, I saw your post. Sunday ah? Okie, let me see if Mama21 can confirm Sat delivery if I confirm with you re: picking the books from Tongtong. Cos Sun late afternoon onwards I'll be out. Unless you collect from me on Monday, see how first?
happy.gif

Iso, just realised that we were so absorbed with our book ordering that both me and Gar didn't reply on your nursing bra question. Yup, I ordered from mamaland for the Japanese nursing bras. I got mine already, quite happy with them. Not sure if Gar got hers yet.
happy.gif

Genice, I do go to Dec09 thread to post once in a while but that thread moves so fast. Sometimes, I catch no ball. Err... HK shopping trolley no photo leh. Most of the trolley items are missing their labels and won't make a good picture. Anyway, it's no longer sold at Giant. :p

haha, I was surprised, happy yet a bit scared that my little gal is growing up so fast, to be honest. :p

I remember a Mummy entrepreneur who quit her job to be a full time mum and subsequently started her own childcare business. When she was interviewed in a magazine on why she decided to quit her job.

She told the journalist:
One day, her husband came home and found her crying.
Her husband asked her "why are you crying?"
She replied, "because our son had just counted 1 - 10 today."
Her puzzled husband asked her again, "So, why are you crying?"
And she said, "because I didn't teach him that..."

The first thing I asked myself was where did she learn to count? Was it from me? Was it from playgroup? Maybe just feeling a bit sentimental lor, she was just a little bundle who can only cry, drink milk and poo. Now she's counting 2,3,4. Sigh, think I'll shed a tear when my gal goes to Primary 1 and cry buckets when she gets married. ;P

kitsune,
WOW. Mama21 has ready-stock ah? Fast delivery leh. But this sat I have a hse-warming to attend. Can I go to your place this sun for the collection? Maybe can jio dorothy to go your place. Heheheh.

kid's trolley. You ah... Make me feel so eager to get the trolley for channet. Mayb can dropby giant this sun after your place.

I rem you ordered thermos from BP right? It is cheaper than those selling at Isetan, taka?

blueginger, babyling sells kumon books readystock so I got it from her, same as Gar. Babyling is the one with ready stock usborne books, but must wait for delivery. She said either Sat or Sun morning but can only process delivery after everyone has paid her. As I was telling Dor, Sunday may not be good for me. Plan to bring RaeAnne swimming over the long weekend.

So if Mama21 really delivers on Sat morning then we can't go out on Sat morning then we may go out on Sun morning. 12+ - 3+pm, we'll be busy with RaeAnne's lunch/bath/nap routine. 4+pm onwards, go to my mum's place for dinner.

Anyway, let's just all pay Mama21 first then I can try and confirm delivery date/time with her and we coordinate the collection.
happy.gif

Blueginger, the thermos is cheaper than normal retail price but if Isetan has private sale on, the sale price may be better. :p The shopping trolley is no longer sold at Giant as I was telling Genice. But if you come to my place, you can see it for yourself.
happy.gif

Blueginger, yea spree on la. But no one interested wor. If response not good I will call off first la. Since the SMH adm said will remove the thread if not active. Anyway here’s the spree thread, hehe. Thanks for your support for my first spree attempt wor!

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/3107426.html?1255503227

Pauline, wah you must be so pleasantly surprised to hear R said the numbers!! Mine very slow leh, still dunno how to call me. So Dor collecting your books for u from me or you collecting from my hubby??

Genice, I’m not forex trader la. I’m futures broker. But that was before liao. After delivering shaun I cant do sales and dealing, so switch to back office, but still in the brokerage line la. Well, I enjoy dealing very much leh, if I have the chance to I still prefer going back to the futures industry. I help clients to trade Crude palm oil futures. Very exciting one hor. But then with bb, I have to go back on time. So I gave up my favourite job for one I don’t like. Sian hor!!

Tongtong, if your hubby is free to meet on Fri then I'll collect from him at lunch time. Too tired to go out today, lower back aching again. If not, then please help me pass to Dor on Sun. Thanks.
happy.gif

Dor, thanks as well.
happy.gif

Haha, I asked the playgroup teacher today if they taught her counting. They said through songs like 10 indian boys and 1,2 buckle my shoe. And they taught them how to do the hand gestures for 1-5. No wonder my gal likes 2 best cos she can do the hand gesture for 2.

But think I can claim some credit too since I always read aloud the lift floors to her when we are going up or down the lift. I also play the 10 indian boys song in the car too and will count with my fingers to show her. hee. ;)

tongtong
maybe i self collect from your place? which block at khatib? or do you pop by northpoint pretty often?

kitsune
yup understand your feeling abt happy yet scared. they are growing up so fast. the way i see daryl growing now makes it seems as if cheryl was just a baby yesterday, but she alrdy 20mths now! cheryl just turned 20mths yest but she still not talking yet.

genice
i nvr go new thread talk lei. just briefly only. daryl is 5mths old, but this time im not as excited to intro semi-solids yet. will wait till 6mths. i remembered i used to be very excited when intro cheryl to solids last time, like cant wait for her to turn 6mths. but now, i hope daryl wont turn 6mths so soon, cuz once introduce solids, going out become slightly troublesome again.

maid
my philippino maid arrives on monday night. just hope everything turns out well. but she always seems to be writing alot. she asked for a notebook from me the very night she came and she told me she wants to write down notes and her daily routine. but whenever i give her rest time, she always seems to be writing. but i nvr probe.

Tongtong, my friend just help me collect and delivered my Freestyle pump to my house. He 'chio' me for lunch, paiseh to reject cos he did me a big favour and I intended to thank him with lunch in the first place. So, I'm probably going to Tampines today after all. Did your hubby bring the books to office? If he did, I'll collect from him. I don't have your HP no. leh. Can you please sms me at 97816678 cos I'm rushing out soon to pick up RaeAnne from playgroup. Thanks.
happy.gif

Hi, Leila

*pat pat*, I feel that I aged for 5 years , during a few days that E had high fever.

Hi, tongtong,
Wah....exciting job, and you like it!
Not many women in this field hah?

Hehe....boss on holiday for a week, chi she a bit.

Tubao, yea exciting job, got ladies in this job but not as many as guys la. But now no longer liao.

Crystal, yea can meet you at northpoint. Have you transferred to me? If not you can pay me when meet up.

organising sprees
do people actually do this to make money? not questioning you, tongtong, haha, but i remember one mummy once told me that she organises sprees to make a bit of money, but it's a lot of work leh, and how much can u earn?? from bumping up credit card exchange by like 0.2cents??

kitsune
haha no probs, will let her know abt the bras then
happy.gif

leila
oh gosh, sounds like so much worry for you!! glad that everything is on its way back to being back to normal. how is he when u bring him for tuina? he doesn't resist?

prenatal massage
last time i went to qi mantra for body massage and serenity cove (at holland v) for foot massage.. i heard rustic nirvana is q "famous" in pre and post natal massages?

wow, suddenly our thread becoming more active again....cannot catch up!

leila,
poor leonard. glad to hear he's well. nothing is more upsetting for parents than to see our darlings unwell - that's why always hope for good health in all children bcos that is the most important!

tubao,
not auntie lah. just different lifestyle only.

iso,
i haven't tried the nursing bras yet. can't decide what to buy

pauline,
haha. same here - my colouring book also kena same treatment. i am buying another copy of the same book to keep for use later.

prenatal massage,
i liked it enough to buy a package - about 10 mins away from my office so i can sneak out during lunch to get my massage when the back ache gets too bad.

babies absorbing like sponge,
agree agree! so we must spend more time with our babies as they are surprising us everyday =)

genice,
new thread for #2 - no leh - i read it regularly but don't feel the "connection" so only active in this thread hehe

childcare arrangements for #1

i took childcare leave today to - well - literally settle childcare matters =)

went around to reccee the remaining shortlisted childcare centres around my place. the good thing is - there are MANY around. easily close to 10 within 1km. the bad thing is - too many choices is so confusing!! also, there are a lot of "brand names" near me like pat's, chiltern, eton, montessori etc...the choices are mind boggling

i am very happy that it SEEMS that my parents and i can kind of agree on one childcare center. it's not "branded", but we are comfortable with the premises - open, uncluttered, clean and the teachers - patient, caring and the ratio is pretty decent.

best of all...
(a) no waitlist!!! so A can start anytime from now.
(b) they also provide infant care and even my mom seemed impressed by the quality we saw, so if i ever need to send #2 for infant care both sisters can be in the same center

feel very blessed and relieved for the moment. cos it was v difficult to get my parents to "like" a CC (their standards are v high lor)

Kitsune,
I was so emotional when Channet can say A to Z last sunday when she was watching Brainy Baby.
I excused it as baby would have memorized the sequence without understanding them.
Then last night when we were at the carpark waiting for her Daddy to drive his car out of the multi-storey carpark. Channet squatted on the floor and read the word "P-A-R-K-I-N-G". I was amazed she recognized the alpahet.

genice,
I read and follow the new thread. But not as connected as Feb08. But there are a number of No. 2 mummy in that thread too.

tongtong,
Sure. Will go in to see later.

Can I know what is the name of the playgroup where they also guide/advise parents? I'm not sure who mentioned that before.

hi Garfield,

Thanks for letting me know about the pram, think I will buy one from the shops this weekend. (bring G along to test and if i can handle the combined wt)

happy.gif

blueginger,
wow channet is quick! hehe, i read in papers about this kid in UK with IQ as high as einstein. he could recite A-Z at the age of 18 months. channet not far off leh =)

piglettial,
no problem at all. you're welcome!

apple,
have you found a CC for amanda? "lucky" in a way but because of all the brand names, the pricing also tends to be on the high side

Garfield,
I also read the article, find it very shocking to judge children at such young age. Errr... I dun think she has high IQ like the kid leh.

Sometimes she just short-circuited, then will talk alot. sometimes quiet and refused to say anythings. Difficult to control when she wanna say wat.

kitsune,
mama21 MIA again. But I already transfer the money to her.

Blueginger, agree, Channet is very fast. I seldom read A-Z to RaeAnne unless we are listening to ABC song. Plus never watch VCDs except wheels of the bus, now also quite seldom watch it. :p

Gar, glad you like the massage so we'll can arrange and go for post natal massage next time too. So, did venus give you a good price/package? My lower back hurts so badly today again. Even my friend commented that I kept pounding on my lower back when we were out for lunch. :p

Tongtong, thanks for smsing me just now. Ya, confirm to ask Dor to collect from me on Sunday since your hubby not in Tampines today. Really tired to go Tampines 3 days in a row with my bad back.
sad.gif

Dor, can please help me collect the books from Tongtong on Sunday? Do you have her HP no. by the way? I haven't received your HP no. via email also. :p

Does anyone have the Feb08 mummies contact list? Can email to me at [email protected]. I don't have the list leh.

blueginger, just saw Mama21's reply to you at 1.51pm leh. Will chase her and see if her mum can deliver on Sat or if not Sun morning. Think Bx too busy to check thread, I'll sms to see if she wants to tompang onto our delivery too.
happy.gif

Back