(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

gd morning all
happy.gif

Morning, mummies.

Reporting from home this morning coz working from home.

Paging for <font color="0000ff">Pixie, Kam</font>.

Pixie, can you meet up at Tampines if you want to get the Jap skincare from me? Please confirm. If ok, just tt the amt will do. If not, then add $1 normal mail to the amt. Please tt by today coz I need to order liao.

Kam,
Please confirm if you want normal mail or registered mail? Please tt by today coz I need to order liao.

krystle, any feedback on the polar cakes?

kitsune, hw much is the 1.5kg cake from prima?

i have abt 8 adults and 1 toddler, is 1 kg cake enuff ? 500g cake like v small rite?

morning mummies

krystle
i doubt can meet u at tampines during lunchtime, unless got good hearted colleagues who can drive me over. so i'll just transfer $1 more bah...u gimme ur a/c #?

itz morning so soooooooonnnnnnnnnn

Morning mummies!!!

So tired. My gal can't sleep tight yesterday night, from 9.30pm till 7am, think she woke up about 15 times if not more. Don't know what's wrong with her. Hope won't repeat tonight, if not I gonna take mc to gain back my sleep already......

krystle,
Ok. Will try to transfer during lunch time. I need your account no. also. Thanks!

Aqua,
The cake tastes ok lah, normal loh, but not as sweet as I thought it would be. I ordered royal chocolate but don't have the very choco taste lah. Overall, my girl likes the cake coz got the Doraemon pic mah. Then 1kg cake (regular size) is just nice for 20pax.

Pixie, Kam.

Noted. Please transfer to POSB savings 029-50917-4. Thanks.

Kam,
XY still does not want to sleep in the night? Hmm.. Wonder how to improve hoh? Coz it is affecting you and your family too, right?

Twinkystar,

Clearblue opk has 7 strips and you will need to insert it into a digital indicator then can use. Quite expensive, $60 per box (with 7 strips). But to me, I think it is a small price to pay lah, for getting pregnant.

krystle,
I consider that's already an improvement, cos now she is willing to sleep at 9pm+ (so much better than previous 11-12midnight!) for the last 4-5 days. Just that she is not able to sleep soundly, kept waking up, every 30-90 min throughout the night. Pat her also didn't work, latch her also don't want (means she is not hungry), must carry her then she fell back asleep the very minute!

Not affecting the the men, cos since last week me and Xi Yu sleep at another room. Only me affected :-( Thing it's better to separate the 2 of them, else I don't think I can sleep at all (cos the two of them take turns to wake up). At least now HR and my hubby can sleep very soundly.

krystle, thanks. then i shall get the 0.5kg. i onli hav 8 adults.
krystle, u were v fertile and lucky to get it in ur first try , did u mentioned u action immediatedly after opk +ve rite? SO $60 is nt v costly lah. if mus ttc v long, then costly leh.. everymth $60 is equiv to a gynae visit? keke

twinkystar: u tinking of trying for no.2?

tongtong
yes i have passed to my mom yest liao. i didnt know that u have collected yours on saturday. 1 step too late coz dorothy says ask you collect yours n hers together or something like that.
have you informed her that she can collect herself? if you havent then i need to tell her

btw, my boy didnt like the cheese and onion number bites. he threw them onto the floor, just to see them break in pieces. haha

Morning all
happy.gif

Kam, kitsune, icy,
can share the link (BP/spree?) that u ordered the organic snacks? I can't find it. Thanks!

Kam,
Z &amp; R never sleep together in the same room (only once at MIL hse when me &amp; hb need to attend a wedding dinner for a very good friend).
All this while, Z sleep with my hb while i sleep with R in MBR. We tried to let them sleep together but Z likes to disturb didi &amp; make alot of noise (giggle, play etc) &amp; R will not be able to fall asleep de.
Could XY be teething? Over the wkend, R developed fever &amp; flu. He was drooling lots &amp; keep putting his fingers into his mouth to chew/dig/bite non-stop. We bought him to see GP &amp; was told he was teething (sore gum). Given teething gel to apply to him &amp; flu medication. Now feverish (37.5-38 on/off) still
sad.gif
At night also will woke up about 6 times but given pacifier will go back to sleep again but not deep sleep kind loh...like very xin ku...hope his teething phase will pass soon!

steph,

Organix BP already closed....http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3475434.html?1262937219

Don't know leh, it could be one of the reasons. But she is only turning 5 months this Thurs, a bit early for teething? I was afraid she was not feeling well cos HR just started a bad cough and running nose, scared XY has got from him. Ya, very xin ku.

<font color="ff0000">tongtong</font>
Ask you ah, that 南杏,北杏etc mixtures must give HR how many times? Or until he recovered? Cooked for him yesterday and his cough seems to improve a lot, at least didn't cough at all yesterday night. Hope he can recover with the help of this thing, don't want him to take med.

Kam,
thanks
happy.gif
aiyo i missed the BP
sad.gif
can u let me know if there is one again? tangQ.

Last Friday we had our photoshoot by FotoU and damn you were right...so difficult to get Z to sit still for pose. Me &amp; hb were so tired trying to catch the monster...haha but the photos for R turn out great! will upload in FB later
happy.gif

And here's the preview (w/o touchup)...
3519672.jpg
3519673.jpg

Aqua,
I am not sure if Polar has 500g cake leh. Coz I saw they have regular (1kg) and large (2kg)... Smaller cakes than those will be individual small cakes like 5cm x 5cm type (per pic/per pax)... You ask them, ok? Then need 3 working days.

Ya, I think I am the fertile type. Do immediately once the opk showed +ve and viola, I got my son. Hahaha.. True like what you said loh, it ttc many times then very exp. But for me, I only used 1 strip and now the whole box is sitting in my cupboard. Won't want to use liao and like very wasted leh.

Kam,
Only you affected? Haiz... Wei Da de mama. Maybe you want to consider to switch some nights with your hubby? My boy and girl slept together with us in MBR. Normally by 10pm+, both will knock out liao. Boy will wake up every 4 hr for his feeds. We also scared that his cries will disturb girl so we always run/dash to make the milk. Normally can do it in less than 5 mins and then after drinking, boy will fall back sleep. So till now, still ok (touch wood)... :p

steph,
Very nice photos. I like that one Z is touching R's head, so pure of their expression!

I also received my photos on Sat, but yet to upload cos internet at home siao liao. Only have this one of XY for the preview......

krystle,
We all bunked in the MBR till last week. Cos my girl is making louder and louder noise when she wants my attention, and I was worried that might wake HR up. And when HR made noise (not every night, thankfully), my girl is easily waken also.

Ya, just this morning hubby suggested maybe he want to try to sleep with XY and see how she behaves. But the only thing is I am still BFing, so if hubby makes FM to feed her, I still have to wake up to pump else my breasts might explode. A bit defeat the purpose hor. Maybe will see how after CNY ba, cos we are going back home for CNY, don't want to make too many rounds of changes, tiring ah......

When I read your previous post, when you mentioned "viola", I immediately thought of HR, cos he learned that in his music class. I didn't go to the class with them cos I have to come to work last Sat. When I met him at noon time, he said to me, "mama, viola....violin.... trumphet.... drum" (all he learned through the flash class during the class).

Kam, jia you! RaeAnne is like that, always a restless sleeper until now. Faint! That's why hubby never really keen on no. 2 cos he's scared liao. He said if got no. 3, he doesn't have enough hands to carry and pat to sleep liao. :p

Steph, nice pixs. I ordered from Organix BP in the nick of time cos didn't know they have more products than listed. Just need to tell them what you want and they will quote you. What do you want to buy? Wait for next BP bah?

Steph,
I want to see the photos too!!

I just confirmed with David the photos that I want. I am getting all the photos back. Actually quite tempted to make a calender out of it but it is quite ex.

Pixie, yea I thought you passed dor’s stuff to ur mum liao so I went on Saturday :p cuz I went yishun for grocery shopping ma. Your mum place is so near SSC wor. She is looking after your nephew? Your mum is so young looking. I told dor already and she will pick up this weekend ba. Oh maybe your boy doesn like the onion taste. I also din get that for my boy cuz I think it should have quite pungent smell. He already ate the totamo cheese and herbs in the car on our way back and he likes it , I told him last piece ok? Mummy keeps in fridge. Luckily he still listens, phew.

Kam, shaun also started teething in early months. Should be teething which happened to shaun past 2 days too! I felt so tired too. He woke up at 3am and only slept at 4.30am yesterday. He wanted to sleep but couldn’t, kept crying in pain. And wanted me to carry him ( in standing position, cannot sit!!). like reverted back to baby’s time. Same pattern. The 4 big molars – quickly come out!! I want my sleep..

That’s very nice photo of XY! So cute.

Kam, HR caught the flu from ur hubby!! Yea don’t worry, he will recover without medicine cuz shaun never take medicine for flu , cough or fever too. Make the drink 1 time a day enough. You can add the Chinese pear in, it’s nourishing. Don’t let him take too many times(with pear one), else it might be too cooling. Give “song bei” instead of chuan bei mu if HR has phlegms. Other than this nourishing drink, one recipe which I think is super effective – black bean , brown sugar , ginger. 80g of black beans, 5g of brown sugar, 1500cc water, 1 piece of old ginger. Brew in rice cooker for 45 mins. Serve warm. I made this before for shaun, his cough recovered fast! Yet to try another recipe cuz he recovered liao. But the recipe asks for pure lotus root powder, red dates and ginger. If you want this recipe I let u know tmr. This is supposed to stop the cough one. Shaun had phlemy cough that time and recovered within a week.

Steph, the photos are all so nice!! Quick recovery for Rayden!

pixie,
Ya, you didn't notice ah? XY's hair has natural (brown-ish) highlight :)

tongtong,
Thanks. I just got the ready-pack one from the chinese medical hall. It says 止咳化痰润肺 and contains 南杏,北杏 and other things. Good thing is it tastes nice, and HR drank it happily :)

Will try the black bean one, but have to go get the ingredients, which I don't know when/how I can get it.

But HR started to cough very lightly since 2 weeks ago, which was so mild that he only coughed 1 or 2 times a day. We thought he was going to recover very soon. But it has gone bad for the previous few days, esp at night. Probably hubby got the bug from him, but because hubby got weak immune system, the bug became more nasty in him, then he passed the nastier bug back to HR and so HR cough got worse???

I am holding him and not to send him to his PD. Though hubby is worry leh, already asked me to bring him to PD this morning, but I said I am very sleepy so delay 1 day and see. Though hubby also don't like to give/take med, he can't be at ease before let the PD check HR through.

I am just hoping XY doesn't get the bug. I am usually very strong, hope XY has got all my strong antibody.

tongtong
yup, my mom's place very near SSC, and other side, near sbwng mrt. last time our yishun flat oso the same: one side near chong pang; another side near the mrt. my parents a sucker for such places :p
thats my younger's sis #1. he stays with my parents fri nite - sunday nite. weekdays he is with daddy at tampines.
the onion and cheese number bites no pungent smell but just no smell. kids wont like snacks that are tasteless etc mah hor

eh u not the first to say my mom very young looking but she is will be 56 this yr leh.

tongtong
yup, my mom's place very near SSC, and other side, near sbwng mrt. last time our yishun flat oso the same: one side near chong pang; another side near the mrt. my parents a sucker for such places :p
thats my younger's sis #1. he stays with my parents fri nite - sunday nite. weekdays he is with daddy at tampines.
the onion and cheese number bites no pungent smell but just no smell. kids wont like snacks that are tasteless etc mah hor

eh u not the first to say my mom very young looking but she is will be 56 this yr leh.

Kam,
Possible to pump out some milk before you sleep and ask hubby to give EBM during the night, if you don't want to replace the feed with FM yet?

Ya loh, since going back for CNY, then maybe try to do the change there and see how it goes?

Nice pics of XY there.

So envy so many mummies going to pro-photograhers for photoshoots. Very gian leh...

Steph,
Your pics also very nice!!!

angelsky / krsytle,
Thanks! You can kiss her when you see her, all kisses welcome :)

krystle,
We already give XY 1x of FM per day. It's more of my breast cannot last the whole night without latching/pumping. Guess can train it, but slowly lor. I am getting lazier and lazier to pump. Very very tempted to start solid liao when she hits 5 months.

pixie, jess, kam, kitsune, tongtong, icy,
tks
happy.gif
The complete album has been uploaded in FB liow!

kam,
which studio u went to? Is it expensive for the package? XY very photogenic...i am looking forward to see yr photos too! Remember i saw XY got little red mild rash on her face/cheek/hand for the staccato trial, is she ok now? Is skin allergy/sensitive or just eczema?
2wks ago, R developed slight red rough patch on his right upper eyelid, abit red &amp; swollen on/off. We are still monitoring what causes this...could it be due to egg? we've exposed him to scramble egg last week but the symptom started much earlier, 2 wks plus ago...hmm...my PIL suspected is 眼针 in hokkien is "eye needle" due to body heatiness. Could it be? not sure leh cos i can't see/felt any obvious lump on R's eyelid.

Kam, usually if you give natural remedies on the onset of the cough, then can recover quickly. But since HR’s one already started 2 weeks ago, and getting bad, I’m not sure whether you should bring him to PD?? Anyway I think you can bring him to PD first and let PD check whether his cough is normal or serious, if it’s normal then probably you can hold on to the medicine and give him the natural remedies first, if PD diagnosed that it’s not that mild and should be on medication , then give med la.

Kam, I forgot to mention, to ease HR’s cough, give him 2 tablespoonful of lemon juice+ honey. It’s soothing and effective too. Oh yea, if you have cold or flu and you bf, you will pass the antibody to fight cold and flu to XY too!! So it’s good to continue bf XY hehe

Pixie, yea your mum was scolding your nephew , think it has got to do with the dog LOL

steph, i myself is allergic to eggs when i was a kid, i would develop swollen eyelid after i had eggs. onetime it was seriuos that it got pus. luckily i had outgrown it

kitsune,
oh for the organix products, i just wanna try out the Organix Crunchy Slices Tomato, Organix Goodies Cheese &amp; Onion Number Bites &amp; Sweetcorn Rings...the Organix website carry way too many stuff, i will need to explore what i want again if there is a next BP!

tongtong,
eh...u scare me leh. i didn't know egg can cause swollen eyelid...OMG, hope R is not the case. When i was a kid, i was allergic to steam live prawn, as long is fresh prawn, my throat will get superb itchy after eating it until i can cry. Luckily i had outgrown it too else i will miss all the nice seafood leh:p

Steph,
We went to the home-based studio, MJK Photography.

Not sure what causes the rash/red patches yet. I suspect it's eczema :-( cos saw red patches on her hands and body also...... Will see her PD this week for jab and will ask him about this.

Tongtong,
Thanks! I will see how he is when I see him 4 hours later, and will ask his teachers also if he coughs a lot or not. If really bad, yes, will bring him to see PD tomorrow than to delay it.

Steph,
like the natural looks on your boys, great photos!

Kitsune,
we went photoshoot when my girl was 8 months old, wanted to go for 2nd one when she was 2 yo but held it back as i thought it would be nicer if we took after closed factory, at least more complete :p

Back