(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

Jess,
Maybe you give him another 6 mths or 1 year bah. Every kid is different in their speech development. At least he can understand lah. But have you try teaching him to speak like repeating words after you? If one day he calls you mummy, I think you will jump up with joy!

krystle
haha.. ya.. i looking forward to the day!!
happy.gif

ya.. depending on his mood, he will repeat. he like to say: star, ball ball... and fav is: PAPA! call until so sweet!...

Knocking off now coz all my colleagues went home liao. One even asked me why am I still here but the official knock off time is 5.30pm leh. Hahaha.

mine not speaking yet too.
on monday, we were going home to mil place. in the lift, i told him, you must call nai nai liao, coz nai nai take care of you everyday. and must shout loudly "nai naiiiiiiiiii!!" ok?
then once the lift door opened, he shouted "nai naiiiii!!" very loudly, and since we were still a distance away from the unit, my mil couldnt hear. i told him, ok you shout again, he called my mil again, and my mil ran to the door to fetch him. she was BEAMING like crazy coz thats the 1st time he called her nicely...

i showed him flashcard of a tongue twice and he knows wheres the tongue. understanding is great but talking is slowww...

i told him must say yes, cannot keep saying no. but he cannot pronounce "yes", so i told him, say "ya" at the very least. so everytime he wants something i will repeat "say ya ya ya ya" he will say "wa wa wa wa"
faintz

jess
^5 same wor. he likes to yearningly call for papa. especially in shopping centres. and VERY loud until ppl turn around to stare kind. super paiseh

just called up koi to check if they deliver to my office. yes they do but must be $50 n above worth of orders...yay!
but how to hit $50?? must have at least 20cups man

ok nevermind. order the whole week's worth. put in fridge and drink mon-fri wahahha

Krystle, I stare back then she look down defiant. But realise it's not good to keep doing that cos she'll only imitate my behaviour so now try to reason with her more lor.

ST did a article on it last Sat. They ask whether I'm willing to be interviewed but my CL left on that day so I'm not free to be interviewed. :p

Tongtong, not me leh. Is it Icy?

tongtong
can. must freeze it.
some siao bubble tea ppl say if you freeze koi's drinks and defrost them a week or 2 weeks or 1 mth later, still tastes the same; bubble still very very nice wor
dunno how true?

Jess & pixie,
I think it just take time.

My boy suddenly ti ta ti ta for these 2mths. At first baby talk a lot, then suddenly start to be able to follow what we are saying. Now he mumble and baby talk non-stop.

Kitsune & tongtong,
Dun think is me, I dunno abt MRC. :D

Guess HR is one of those "advance speaker". He can say almost everything. The longest sentence he ever said is 妈妈你在做什么 and 我要去动物园. Probably because I talk a lot (too much?) to him and to hubby. But when he out of his comfort zone (ie leave the house), he still not very willing to say.

Kam, wow that's good, HR can express himself quite well already, Although my girl can repeat the sentences we say everytime, she doesn't want to speak in sentences, only when she likes it. And like HR, when she's outside, not willing to speak.

Pixie,
Hahhaa.. Frozen Koi. You are treating Koi like frozen bf leh. Very funny...
happy.gif

Issyen can also talk in some full sentences. Like I don't want. 这是什么?etc. I also got to admit she speaks very fast for her age. Think most toddlers are still shy in front of strangers. Issyen too, will hide behind me whenever she takes lift and there are other pple around. But she can sing lots better than talking. Just imagine she can sing the first sentence of Black Eye Pea's "I Gotta Feeling", "Wuu whoo", "Tonight's gonna be a good night".

Re: talking
I hardly speak to Elliot in mandarin. Usually use the "cheating" mtd, let him learn from TV, so today I let him watch "ni hao -kai lan", some kiddy show. So I asked him, wat did you learn from kai lan today, he said "ni hao"...
happy.gif

It is true they learn from us, so we gotta watch wat we say oso. Elliot likes to ask "mommy, I want to take bus, CAN?"... when I say "Err... no", he will reply "why" or "how come", then oso feel bad reject him. so I say "another day"
One day, he told me "Mommy, I wan to take airplane". I told him, I oso wan to take, he replied "another day". Hahaha...

Haha, my gal's favourite complete sentence is "Daddy 在哪里?" Then she'll wait for my reply - "做工“Then she'll reply "Work!". The other day, very funny, she was throwing something so I bluff her and said cannot throw, it's Daddy's. Daddy got no $ to buy another one. She actually replied me: "Work, Money, Buy Pow (one of her favourite foods)" Faint! :p

For the first time in almost 1 month, my girl has already slept soundly before 10pm. Suddenly have so much time :)

krystle,
People usually girls speak earlier than boys. I find HR quite fast. He can sing almost full songs, chinese and english. All those common and simple nursery rythm.

mom2nat,
Have you tried 唐诗 and 三字经. Very good to let the kids learn chinese words. My son can "chant" the front part of the 三字经 already and he seems to love it.

Kam/pixie,
I'm trying to relax too but like you gals, I also stand by certain "rules" like eating at the table, keeping the toys, etc. These are the things that B is trying to battle with me. I tell him to pick up his toys but he purposely throw them on the floor...arrrgh! Just have to bite the bullet but my stress level is definitely "up there" liao.

One mother from B's playgroup was sharing with me how "relaxed" she is. Her son wants to jump off the bed and she actually placed a mattress on the floor, count to 3 and ask her son to jump down!! *Faint*...I'm not that kind of mum lor! She can still tell me he jumped for a few times then sian liao so nevermind lor let him jump. I seriously cannot accept this kind of method lor.

Re: Speech
B can say lots of words but not forming sentances yet. His longest sentance was "Mummy? Where go? No more"...I went into the study and he couldn't find me so he said this out loud. LOL.

Kam
My boy oso faster than my girl in speech. Elliot oso singing songs.. haha... but 1 language.
I din learn tang poems and tat 3 word thingy in sch last time. I oso dun wanna stress myself with too much of these, I bot a lot of materials... a lot... but too lazy to use leh.

Yvonne,
Haha, my hubby would do like what you described that mum was doing, and I would be watching carefully besides them and keep saying "be careful, be careful".

mom2nat,
I meant use CD for those things cos you mentioned using CD. Chinese expert said kids learning faster through this cos they are read in rhythm (you know what I mean, right). I know quite a bit of 唐诗 myself, but also never learned 三字经. Now that I learn it together with HR, I actually found that it is really a very good read, full of wisdom.

my girl also didn't start talking until about 3 months ago. before that she will only answer single words when we prompt her "what's this" and "who's that"

then one day she just started spontaneously pointing out and saying the things she know like ball, cat, dog etc...

Now:

(i was feeding her fries for lunch one day)

Lexie: Mummy give Lexie somemore potatoes pls

(she kept repeating this everytime she had finished a fry. After a while....)

Lexie: Mummy pour water for Lexie pls

(i poured some water into a cup and handed her the cup, she reached out for the cup then quickly keep her hands back)

Lexie: Lexie hands dirty, mummy hold cup for Lexie

morning mummies!!

grumpus
ur lexie started the broken recorder period liao!

mandy
they have no proper resources to start one so i will wait till my boy is ready to talk then i will enrol him straight in, no need for trial. i like what they advocate for

FRIDAEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Morning, mummies!
happy.gif

TGIF.

Tmr is Issyen's birthday celebration at home. This time only invite families and keep it a small one.

mornin mummies, lookfoward to the end of the day, can see my darling later :p

kry: hav a lovely celebration with ur girl, hw fast time flies, our kids are going 2 or juz turned 2.

krystle,
Happy birthday in advance to Issyen! Hope you enjoy the small party you are going to have.

aqua,
Anything planned for the weekend?

kam: nt reali, but will go shop for my girl birthday pressie. any suggestions?
nex week will hold a mini family celebration in adv for her and visit the sg flyer. hmm... still hav go up the flyer yet...

Thanks, mummies for the birthday greetings!

It is really just a small dinner, with my mum and MIL cooking simple dishes. Initially wanted to get balloons but like no time. Then the cake just ordered from Polar. I don't know but to me, 1st birthday is more impt. But got to wait until Sep then can have a big celebration for Issey.

aqua
still headache at work today?

haiz, i got almost 6 days never poo liao coz my last poo was on saturday...i drank some tea that will move my bowels...today must lunch in and cannot go out coz it takes effect around lunch time...
if no output, have to drink the tea again tonite.....pengsan

Aqua,
I am also bringing Issyen to SGP flyer next Wed (her actual BD)!! Took leave liao and looking forward coz my first trip too! Hope she will not be frightened by the heights, coz I got phobia... Bought tix liao coz hubby got lobang only $15/pax.

For the gifts, I bought a standing toy keyboard with mic for her since she likes singing so much.

pixie, today i felt better. took panadol when i slept last nite.

kry, me also tot of buying polar cake, n order the doraemon pic for my girl. let me know if the cake taste good , ok? my girl already got a keyboard from her uncle n she is loving it! i am sure issey will love it too.

pixie, bp nw selling the phyto fibre for detox, u can try, sure can poo alot. but nt cheap, $35 for 15 packets. i bought.

Aqua,
Issey is my 4mth old boy. 2 yr gal is Issyen. I know their names very confusing. :p

Yes, I also ordered Doraemon for my gal too. Ok, will let you know if it is good. But I tried other Polar BD cakes before and generally rather sweet. I ordered more for the pic and is not so concerned abt the taste loh. Anyway, the cake just costs $21.90 only. Cheapsake mum.

Actually, my girl has a keyboard already and she is loving every min about it. Just that that one is cheapskate stuff and a bit out of tune liao.

Pixie,
Your tummy sensitive to tea? 6 days is long, better output soon or will have a hard time. I think it is sensitive to curry. Whenever had laksa, wait 1/2 day then will have output.

krystle, paisey, reali blur. i onli rem clearly our girl share the same chinese name, but diff chinese character. keke

krystle and aqua,
ha, such a coincident that both of you will be "flying" next week. I have "flied" 2 times already, not bad, I think. $15/pax is very good deal woh.

aqua,
For HR's cc, no marking on their uniforms/clothes. Cos the teachers will put their clothes back to thier back immediately, and each of them have 1 cubicle/pigeion hole to store thier stuff.

kam: oh tht is good. no need to spend $ doing the labelling.

jess, u confused. HR not my boy, though i wish i hav a cute n sensible boy like him ..
happy.gif

Kam,
Sorry never share the lobang this time as hubby bought from his car forum and it is like very short notice too. Next time I will try to share.

Jess,
Yes, we only bought the jelly cake, cos it's coincided with their lunch time. So they ate their lunch and then the cake as thier dessert. We didn't prepare goodie bag, but we made simple balloon sculpture for his classmates. It's very simple one. Just sing birthday songs with all the kids at the cc and that's about it, cos the elder kids (N1, N2, K1 and K2) have to continue with thier classes.

krsytle,
No problem :) The last time we went, they have 1 for 1 offer, so not bad also.

Since you will be going on weekday, should be not much crowd. Only depends on yourself, see you prefer which timing or if you want to see sunset, etc.

I also told hubby only the 1st birthday is important enough to hold a big party. No more birthday party after that until he makes friends of his own and asks to have party.

yah tongtong, 6 days is a lot....

krystle
my stomach is not sensitive to tea lah. i have to drink this specific tea called bioslim, its like a detox tea, it will move your bowels and emptied virtually all the clogged up sai.
they say its for slimming but i dont drink that for slimming. coz it just contains Senna, its a plant that is natural laxative

Kam
cos i went to ask the CC just nw. they say normally the parents will order a 2-2.5KG cake for the whole CC.. then everyone will celebrate together. As for goody bag, some give to own class only.. some give to everyone~

so nw i duno wat i shld do for Javier's celebration next week. haaha...

Pixie, I've decided to order the organix biscuits from BP in the end cos the collection is quite near to my mum's place. And it's only $6.80 per pack, cheaper. Thanks anyway.
happy.gif

We are ordering a Barney cake from RaeAnne from Prima Deli, the branch is at the CC very near to our house so easier to collect. Not sure if 1 kg cake is enough or too much cos her class currently only has 9 kids including her.
happy.gif

Jess, Kam, Hubby also said cannot celebrate birthday every year cos will spoil them. :p I'm wondering whether to let her pon-ten after celebration so that we can go to ICA to change her birth cert plus collect Mei Mei's passport.

Back