(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

tongtong
i oso wanna ask this qn haha, so wait for others to say bah
but most prob im going the 1st thing they open and till lunch then i'll leave liao

Tongtong, for us, morning is best cos it's cooler. When it gets hotter and we are tired from walking, time to take the tram and boat rides. The last time we went was from 10am - 3+pm. RaeAnne ate lunch there, we brought her lunch and fed her at the Ah Meng restaurant. But now that Shawn is bigger, can also get food there. She knocked out in the car ride home.
happy.gif

I got a long post for her first zoo outing if you wanna read. http://anewpiggy.blogspot.com/2009/06/first-zoo-outing.html

Zoo
normally we go around 10plus.. then slowly walk till the water play area... take lunch at KFC.. let Javier play... continue the walk out... ard 3-4pm~....
happy.gif

aiyah i cannot go until 3-4 plus coz X's nap is at 1pm. no way we gonna change his naptime just for zoo.
so i think the time they open we will go in liao

pixie
huh.. so no matter wat.. he everyday naps at 1pm? so strict.. keke..

Pauline
i also thinking of ordering barney cake. have not order yet. hehee...
i think 1Kg more than enough for 9kids ba~...
happy.gif

Pixie, if you read my post, RaeAnne's nap time is also 12+ - 1+pm so we were prepared to leave after lunch but surprised that she can keep awake until 3+pm lor. Haha.
happy.gif

tongtong,
If you plan for a long day, sure have to go in the morning lor. If you plan for a short day, go either early morning or later afternoon. Mid afternoon is a killer cos the kid (and adults) will get so tired walking under the hot sun (though it's shaded at most places, but it's just too hot). Or if you plan to let Shaun play a the waterplay area, then morning is better. It's more important to plan which area (what animals) you want to visit most, go there first, cos you (or Shaun) might get tired after 1-2 hours and want to call it a day. Go to the zoo website and check for animal token feeding, definitely worth a try (I personally think better than watching the show), I love the giraffe!

kitsune
excited with all the animals, sure very de awake one hor??

jess
yes, last time was 12 noon sharp but he didnt want to sleep when he grew older n older so i knock it back by another hour to 1pm...we follow this 99% and plan our activities around his nap/meal times
harnor maybe im strict but i feel a child must have structured sleep for development.
other mummies may think otherwise :p different methods bah

Air con men fixing up the air con in my house now. So noisy and so much dismantling. Think later got to clean up like siao! Luckily MIL brought both no. 1 and no. 2 to her house. Initial arrangement was to just bring no. 1 over but in the end she decided to bring no. 2 as well cos the air con men said it'll be noisy, may frighten the baby. I offered to send the maid over to help them but she refused. They just dun like to have my maid around no matter what. Hopefully they can cope. Hee.

pixie
i see... Javier is used to nap ard 2plus. but nw in sch.. he is still adapting to the new time.
i used to believe like u do until he is 1.5 years old, then i let go already. cos too much distraction at times and its hard for him to slp especially with family gatherings. so pretty much let him be for nw
happy.gif
unless no event day, still stick to 2plus .. hee

Pixie, zoo better go early morn like 10am..less sunny and less pple. my girl wasnt interested with e animals at all. but i can tell their waterplay quite fun, pls bring along extra clothing, swimwear n towel.
my girl rfuse noon nap, then she get so listless n frustrated by nite time 8pm... if she slept enuff in e day, she will hav better moods n temper at nite.
so i always 'force' her to nap n my hb tink i too rigid n inflex

Jess,

You using ovulation strips right?? Are they accurate?? Asking for my friend, she has been using them to get preggie but no results. So just checking...ehhe

Pixie, ya lor, she was very excited to see the real animals. Should go again when Mei Mei is bigger and let her feed the animals like what Kam did.

Mandy, it was accurate for me. I conceived both no. 1 and 2 using opk.
happy.gif

tongtong,
I thought you went there once with Shaun? When are you going? We might be going this Sunday again, cos HR keeps saying "go to zoo" (in mandarin) once he gets into the car.

Kam, not yet, i'm going on shaun's birthday, 28th jan, it's a thursday and i'm taking leave hehe. btw how much is the member card? unlimited visits to zoo hor?

aqua
same same
my hb say if x dont want to sleep dont force him. but i have to - coz by 6pm, he will be so cranky that he will be begging for biscuits, gummies (to tend to his hunger. perhaps no naps kids get hungry easier??!), wanting to do many thing at the same time.
so its a firm afternoon nap for him.
even if he dont want to sleep, he has to lie down or sit on the bed n rest his "mind" while i KO for 1 hr or so muahahahahaha

hes ok with that most of the time :p he'll wait for me to wake up. sometimes he just lie beside me and watch me. caught him doing that many times

Pixie, Xandall so 'guai'. My gal will never let me sleep if she's not sleeping. Keep wanting to play with me on the bed even if I play dead. If not, she'll start talking louder and louder and pull my hair/arm etc. :p

tongtong,
Think it's $180 per year. Yes, unlimited. If you think you will go to the zoo 5x a year, then you will get your money back :) We have been there for about 10x already. Your place also consider close to zoo mah, if Shaun likes the animals, you can consider.

i went to the zoo webby and saw this:
Transform a special day into a wildly extraordinary one when you next visit Singapore Zoo on your birthday. Guests who visit the Park on their birthdays will receive complimentary admission, 10% off retail and F&B spending plus a FREE scoop of ice-cream! To enjoy all these perks on their birthdays, guests only need to present an identification document in exchange for a free Wild Birthday badge.

Terms and conditions:

To present proof of identification.
Valid on date of birthday only.
10% discount applies to regular priced items only at participating retail and F&B outlets. Not valid for any other discounts.
Proof of identification is required to redeem the “Wild Birthday” badge.
Not inclusive of tram rides

krsytle,
Is for whole family. Oh really ah, you don't like zoo/animal or you don't like outdoor?

Jess,
Oh, that's very nice leh, hor.

Kam,
I don't like both. Not an outdoor person and don't like zoo (never felt excited since young abt going to zoo). Dull and cold-blooded person. Hahahaha.

haiz harnor should bring them on our birthdays hor

kitsune
im surprised too. coz sometimes i make him sleep, and dozed off myself. then i wakie, expect him to be asleep liao. but hes not. instead, he's either lying down, looking at me, or sitting on the bed, fiddling with his eeyore or dumbo.
then i'll be so exhausted that i'll fall back asleep and wake up every 10-15mins seeing him still not sleeping.
at least his mind is rested. it makes a difference.

pixie
i ate once b4 only. During my 21st bday to the Zoo with my hubby~.. hahaha... tat was b4 i was his gf.. tats y he so nice treat me...
after become gf liao, ask me eat walls ice cream la.. say ben and jerry expensive.. wahahaaa

kitsune
i oso always answer his calls lah no worries its not about that. i think i conditioned my boy in such a way that if he should be sleeping but he is not, he cannot leave the bed. he dun dare to walk off.
even every morning he wakie, he will ensure that we walk out of the room/bed with him. or else he dun dare to step out.
but its a different story at my mil place. my mil wakie very early ard 6, 6+, and when x wakie at 7, 7+, he will walk out of the room to look for my mil, immediately

I was just discussing with my coll...

Will you leave with or without a job?

I always very suay. No luck in finding jobs so always leave without a job, sit at home 1,2 months and then being employed.

last time i will quit n look
but now got so many bills/expenses and a kid to handle, i dont dare to quit then look. unless i have like at least 4x worth of my salary in cash

Just ordered a 1.5kg Barney cake from Prima Deli. Thought 1kg cake was enough but the store person recommended 1.5kg (10 tots, and 6 adults) so that's what we are getting instead. Hope it's not too big. Less than $50 cos got 15% off Barney cakes until end of Jan.
happy.gif

I've never quit without a job until Feb09 cos got family commitment. Luckily, my hubby and family supported my decision to quit to be a SAHM.
happy.gif

Back