(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

QQ,

Read but don't quite understand what's the contest about.

wendy,
yunbb's #2 born in jan08, can gain the extra $1000 ma, the extra ML...etc etc

Swimming:
Is it a must to wear swimming diapers?
Any brand of swimming float (not the neck kind) to recommend. Kiddy Palace should have right?

serene,

that is strange....he reject your breast milk

everytime my menses coming, my milk supply will drop and now he drinks more...i dun wan to stress myself. Tot of supplementing him some formula milk while continue with the bm.

dunno how he will take it

shall try tomorrow.

but my boy quite stubborn,....till now still dun really wan solid leh...sian

i am contented with the extra subsidies for the CC.....the money etc...forget it la

cos they are targetting at ppl to give birth...our babies out liao....so dun think they will bother la....else those born a few years ago will also want...how to satisfy whole group

ernmum
ya actually i quite happy with the extra 4 days childcare leave and the childcare ctr subsidy. S$150 per month quite good savings for me.

i dun think i will take the unpaid leave though

Regard the Birthday Bash can hubby join in? alone cannot handle #1 leh with a big stomach and all barang barang.

Mummies who are still bf can share how u make it? i want to bf my #2 and this time round i want to bf as long as possible especially now milk powder price goes up so high.

swimming contest: i called hwa xia and they said the contest oly opens for babies who have existing package leh... dunno true or not

wendy & mei,
I think I will get on my own then i wanna snow skin :p, seemed like have temp stores at century square and compasspoint, 15% off for citibank and uob credit card..

serene,
i had given all my frozen ebm away for 3 times since i have enough fresh one fridge one for my boy. just go Free section thread and post and see if anyone wanna go ur place and pick them up.

joyce
i hah been totally bf but using excussive pumping since bb was ard 4-6 weeks. I think the key is dun give up and dont start with partial bf, even night time must latch to build up SS for 2-3 mths.

Everyone is different. I remember the miserable days when I pump mannually for 1 hr and only managed to get the miserable 20-30ml on my 4 and 5th days. But now I manage to maintain ss by drinking more water, drinking green papaya with fish soup, eating fenugreek and even Motherlove More Milk Plus. :p

icy
yeah i started off with Motherlove More Milk Plus this time round. Wow results fantastic, no regrets. Just wonder why not more readily available. I only saw retailing at TMC & Camden pharmacy.

wendyg,

everytime near menses time, i will also consume motherlove more milk, but i dun see very good results.Yours increase by how much? Do you take on a daily basis?

I can produce good amount of milk when total latch on....but similarly to number 1 that time....as i express at work, i just couldnt keep up and maintain supply...damn sian

hi ernmum
no i dun take the MMP on a regular basis. I bought it by accident actually. I had planned to take Fenugreek, but found that i din hv the time to go pharmacy to buy. On 3rd day after discharge, after baby's chkup @ TMC, i went to TMC Pharmacy to ask for Fenugreek. The lady said no fenugreek, but they hv MMP & it works the same as fenugreek. I looked at the ingredients & saw it contained fenugreek seeds etc, so i bought 1 bottle to try. Paid abt S$40 for a bottle of tincture, which lasted me abt 3 wks. Wow lots milk as compared to first time 3yrs ago.

a few conclusions:
1) the MMP really works!
2) 3 yrs back i only took 1 capsule of fenugreek a day (as instructed on the label), dat's why my supply was so miserable. If i took 10 a day, likely will hv lots bm like now?
3) many people say 2nd time bfg will hv more milk. Perhaps even without the MMP i will hv this much milk?

anyway, the bottle said take until desired supply. By the time i stopped, i was over producing. Now i'm still able to freeze abt 2 pkts a week, & pumping enuf for #1 (partial) & #2 (full bm).. no chance to use febm.

wendy,
I got more milkplus from Vivocity.. there is a retail stores called Vitakids sells them. I agree is it much better than fenugreek. result faster.. Pumping need more "maintenance" to keep up supply.

Woah, how much are u producing a day?

I only take more milk plus when I notice SS drop. But still over produced. Can store 1 pack of 180ml every 1-2 days.

I wanna switched to partial BM, wanna go Taipei next sunday w/o Xavier. :p

tong tong, yes it's me that bb had black stuff in poo. PD says no worries..if on solids maybe eat kiwi or dragonfruit can get that too.

Purees with braun handheld
Can I ask if braun handheld can be used to blend hot food? or muz wait for food to cool then blend? Can I chk if the blade is straight or slightly slanted? Mine dunno izzit I didn't use properly the blade seems abit slanted.

For purees, do we put them in fridge/freeze when hot or muz wait cool?

TBF moms..congrats
I've gone to partial and soon gonna stop bf. Supply juz kept going down since I went back to work. Hardly much time to pump..boo hoo...the supply and demand didn't apply to me.
My boy now kept waking 2-3hly at night from 1am though I latch him. So think really the days are coming to an end. After 12h, pump only about 200ml

Babe, I think most of us not TBF anymore since supplementing with solids. hee. Me looking for huang dao ji ri to start FM too, 1 feed in the beginning. Thought I would do it yesterday when she turned 7 months but due to blocked duct a few days ago. I had to latch, latch, latch to clear it so didn't start at all. I got Friso2, Enfapro and Nan HA all waiting for me, don't know which one to try. Also don't know whether I'll bu she de in the end to stop BF in the end. :p

<font color="ff0000">Permanent Part-time female ladies bag promoter wanted at Robinsons Centrepoint. Work a few days a week (retail hours, fixed schedule) $5 per hour with commission. Able to speak English and Mandarin preferred. Interested, please email [email protected] with your full name, contact number and relevant work experience.
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="ff0000">Permanent Part-time female ladies bag promoter wanted at Robinsons Centrepoint. Work a few days a week <font size="+1">(Wed &amp; Fri, 4pm to 930pm) $5 per hour with commission.</font> Able to speak English and Mandarin preferred. Interested, please email [email protected] with your full name, contact number and relevant work experience.
happy.gif
</font>

has anyone reported to moderator about our thread?

<font color="ff6000">Birthday Bash</font>
btw, kbox i think not very feasible cos' dun think we will make use of the facilities to sing with our babies ard. no time to sing! hee.

<font color="ff6000">Birthday Bash - Option 1: A hotel in Orchard</font>
Still in neg but want to see your response first. High Tea menu. S$45 per adult. 3-hrs Room Usage. 20% Free parking. Free drinks.
<font color="ff6000">Is this too exp??</font>

<font color="ff6000">Birthday Bash - Option 2: Globetrotters</font>
High Tea menu. S$25 per person. Free drinks. Birthday child gift and goodie bags for child 2-10 yrs old.
<font color="ff6000">seems to be for older kids</font>.

Is there a place where our 1-yr babies can have fun too, eg. crawl ard, dance ard, like the kindermusik but for bigger group?

Or shall we see who can make it for 20-Dec Sat lunchtime before deciding on venue?
01. mei

Or shall we see who can make it for 20-Dec Sat lunchtime before deciding on venue?
01. mei
02. mandy

ernmum
the other time with #1, i mixed FM into ebm &amp; slowly increased the FM amt until full FM feed. Goes against the advice of FM companies, but whatever that works right

wow the entire 2008 menu is gona

dear mummies, did you all see the news? govt will not backdate the bb perks to jan08. so sad &amp; disappointed. our babies are treated so unfairly as compared to their later peers.

the peition link is lost, any idea?

i did that too for number 1

see how he respond first today...heehee

ya lor, how much milk you porducing per day?
2litres ah???heehee

btw, you also going HK right?

Aqua, the petition link is down because one Mummy complained violently that her details and baby details are visible to all and ask the petition creator to block off until she can make it invisible. In the end, the creator took off everything since already announced that no more backdating of benefits.

<font color="ff6000">Birthday Bash - 20 Dec Sat Lunchtime</font>

Or shall we see who can make it before deciding on venue?
01. mei : 2A + 1C (2.5yrs) + 1BB
02. mandy : ?

Birthday Bash - 20 Dec Sat Lunchtime

03. serene : 2A + 1BB

aqua,
u mean the news got announce ah? where is the link?
1st Jan-16th Aug mummies, dun be sad la....at most when plan for #2 or #3 next time, aim after national day rally perhaps to avoid lugi in the revised incentives *LOL*

<font color="ff6000">Birthday Bash - 20 Dec Sat Lunchtime</font>

03. serene : 2A + 1BB
04. steph77 : 2A + 1BB + 1 in tummy
happy.gif

kitsune
b4 she submit she didn't realise it's visible to all meh. IC numbers, full names etc.

ernmum
i'm going just before Christmas. Looking fwd! Got any winter clothes to lend? For my 2 boys.

re: express amt
>> each time pump is abt 200-300ml. I pump abt 4 times a day to relieve engorgement. Sometimes each session can last 45min coz clearing lumps. arms so tired ley

wendyg,
u mean until now still kena engorgement? i thot as BM supply stablise, no more engorgement/block ducts? Aiyo...me so scare of the pain
sad.gif
Last time during confinement, i pump 3 hourly not enuff Zzz, so damn exhausted. How u all managed to take care of bb &amp; pump at the same time?

Back