(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

piglet,
Teething usually will not cause fever of over 38 degrees. Might be virus so better bring her to PD.

mcfluffy

she is teething ah.. cos the whites are quite obvious now. but..but..argh. ooo i love ur scrapbook! hehehe...

kam

wats a genetist?? u study genes ah? wooo.. interesting
happy.gif

yeah, those with easy babies should hv TONS more.

piglet
ya, PD ex, nowadays GP also ex. Try self-medicate? but i think 1st time mums would rather be safe & bring baby to doc.

mcfluffy
alamak why u say your baby looks like onigiri. her looks change liao hor? she so pretty ley, i saw fr your blog. waiting for her curls to grow back, then she'll be h.e.a.r.t.b.r.e.a.k.e.r...

vereneting
not necessary to send baby to playgroup the moment he hits 18m. some moms wait until 2yo+ before exposing kids to all the germs @ childcare/ playgroup. U want good playgroup? Consider Eton if u hv the budget? actually v easy la, pickup a copy of Young Parents and flip to the back - so many pages of childcare ctrs for u to take your pick. Or Google "Playgroup" and some famous ones may appear

Luca,

Haha.... yes, I won't stop at one, for sure. If second one is girl, then most likely close shop; if not, maybe try #3. I want more kids, but then due to my age, and the cost of living nowadays, very difficult lah!

mcfluffy,

your scrapbook so nice, and your girl so pretty! You are very well-versed with photoshop? I find photoshop difficult to use (for general purpose, not scrapbooking). Any other easier to use software? I am very tempting to try digital scrapbooking also.

windy,

yes, I study genes, DNA......

Mcfluffy,

Share with me ur blog lei....

Kam,

Wha u study genes one wor... So difficult to study! By the way, which part of CCK u stay in. Maybe we can meet up and go out with BB together. Am staying in Yew tee near to the stadium.

<font color="0077aa">Calling out for Kitsune,</font>

My fnd juz msg me that bee romper stock is here at "TinyWear", Suntec city. Selling fast now left few pieces. Did u change your hp? U still got my hp no? If you want me to ask her reserve for u, u msg me oki.

Jacelyn,

I will be moving to Yew Tee this week, just next to the MRT. Sure we should meet up, when I finish with the moving.

Hi, Sorry to hijack ur thread. I'm looking for a confinement lady. Can pls pm me if u have experienced a good one. Do share ur experiences with me. Thanks much!

<font color="aa00aa">AquaDucks Trial - 11th Oct @ Pines Club</font>
received many sms and emails from mummies. aiyo i more anxious than ur. haha.

me still waiting for aquaducks to revert (who is waiting for pines club to confirm), that's why you have not received my email/sms/post here.

will chase aquaducks (i've just chased them again)...

will update once i've any latest update. tks!

Mummies,
Have to think abt how u celebrating ur Baby first bday? I just attended one, where my friends have cupcakes, helium balloons, banners, goody bags for the kids.. photographers.. I realised it is a lot of things to be done and think about.

icy,
Me not celebrating my boy's 1st birthday, at least not in a big party way. Will just be ordering an agar agar cake to celebrate with my family on his chinese birthday and another normal cake for celebration with my in-laws on his actual day. That's it. All within the immediate family only. Don't think he will appreciate at this young age and also don't want him to take it for granted or think his birthday is a big deal and expect everyone have to buy him presents...hehe...maybe I think too much lah.

hi, mummies u all got hear b4 james homemade agar agar? my frd recomm to me, my sis order quite nice to eat. can order for baby 1st bday. if u 1 2 order, i can send u the email.

<font color="aa00aa">AquaDucks Trial - 11th Oct this Sat @ The Pines Club</font> - <font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">CONFIRMED!!</font></font>
aquaDucks just informed me and will email me the details. will email all mummies once i've the details.

Slot #1. 10am - 10.30am
1 VioletIce
2 janbb
3 pm_babe
4 blessed serene
5 superbee
6 lu_meihua

Slot #2. 10.30am - 11am
1 QQ
2 blessedbaby
3 lyn78
4 shorty_gal
5 Godsent
6 mcfluffy

Slot #3. 11am - 11.30am
1 mandygoh
2 tracy_lazy
3 kitsune_sg
4 Tansy x1
5 Tansy x2
6 vereneting

Slot #4. 11.30am - 12pm
1 candyclau
2 AngelaYong
3 Bbdear
4 elmo_78
5 elmo_78 friend

Slot #5. 2.00pm - 2.30pm
1 manuka_chan
2 babynikkiong
3 grumpus

<font color="aa00aa">Birthday Bash - Venue</font>
ok shortlisted to 6 places. let me gather the details then post here for all the 34 mummies voting:
1 Hard Rock Café
2 Orchid Country Club
3 York Hotel
4 Gallery Hotel
5 Holiday Inn Atrium
6 The Pines Club

icy,
lots of planning for birthday party ah. depending on how u want it and theme if any. u wan outsource to me!?! hahaaa....

yup depends on the theme .... and I will be celebrating TT's 1st birthday although they dunno how to appreciate but i think is quite important to me for 1st birthday
happy.gif

blessed baby,
i think need. though there is changing room, but i think better bring an extra towel for ur baby. if u plan to bath ur baby, bring ur own suitable toiletries (for me, i wont bath baby. i will just wipe clean her and bath at home later).

btw, it's not tmr. it's sat!!

mine har normal birthday bash loh cos my MIL say cannot cut 2 cakes in diff days .... *sigh* at first we wanted to do like sat for frds and sun for relatives but she say cake cannot cut 2 times for 1st birthday
sad.gif

Mei,thanks.

For 1st b'day, I want to do at home, buy some thing to deco to make it look nice. Hubby insists to have a nice b'day outside. So I just follow and organise it lah.

QQ, when is TT' birthday?18th?

birthday bash can consider HortPark leh they have multi purpose hall dunno whether is it cheap to rent and we could cater? just my 2 cents worth

http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index....sguide&amp;task=parks&amp;id=17&amp;Itemid=73

currently we've 60 adults, 30 babies, 6 children.
assuming we book core-multipurpose hall
rental: min 4 hrs (required) = S$170 * 1.11 * 1.07 * 4 = S$808
food: S$15 per adult = S$15 * 1.07 * 60 = S$963 + S$40 delivery = S$1003
total = S$1811 / 60 = S$30 per adult and this exclude table/chair setup, exclude birthday cake, and host has to clean up the mess after the event.

ur still want?

<font color="aa00aa">Birthday Bash - Quotations</font> (based on 60 pax)
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD>Venue</TD><TD>Location</TD><TD>Time</TD><TD>Per Adult (++)</TD><TD>Per Adult (nett)</TD><TD>Type of Food</TD><TD>Free Flow soft drinks</TD><TD>Free Parking</TD><TD>Complimentary Cake - 1kg</TD><TD>Baby Changing Room</TD><TD>Deposit needed </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Hard Rock Café</TD><TD>2nd Fl Lion's Den</TD><TD>12-4pm</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>Cocktail (Finger Food) menu</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>30% </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Orchid Country Club</TD><TD>Function Rm</TD><TD>12-3pm</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>Chinese</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>100%</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>S$500 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>York Hotel</TD><TD>Function Rm</TD><TD>12-3.30pm</TD><TD>45</TD><TD>53</TD><TD>International</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>20%</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>-</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Gallery Hotel</TD><TD>Function Rm</TD><TD>12-4pm</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>International</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>20%</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>50% </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Holiday Inn Atrium</TD><TD>Function Rm</TD><TD>12-3pm</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>High tea menu</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>30%</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>30% </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>The Pines Club</TD><TD>Function Rm</TD><TD>12-3pm</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>International</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>100%</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>waived</td></tr></table>

taka also have sale from today till sunday.

members extra 15%.

Toyrus sale actually started on tues 7 Oct. I find that there is nothing much for babies. don't know whether the sale is the same tomorrow.

verene
u're welcome

QQ
eh, ask for me ley, i'm so curious! I'm the type that breaks all the "law" and want to see what effect, coz i dun believe ley. Pregnant time already lidat. Old habits die hard. kekekeke

Birthday Bash

Mei,

Thanks so much for all your effort.

1kg cake enough for so many people? Need to budget in to get an extra cake or something?

How are we going to start the voting? Should we only pick 1 or should we pick 2 or 3 (1st, 2nd and 3rd preference)?

hi!

Icy mentioned abt e 1st birthday.. i was tinkin abt it too. muz b a big event like 1st mth or juz a small celebration will do??! maybe can juz use e $$ to go for a short trip to celebrate his birthday..

Back