(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

mandy
for my friend case, she got carebear as a theme, so have sticker sheet, those blowing party "tube" and a bath toy. There is a party hat as well. Xavier likes the bath toy and the party blowing "tube", paiseh dunno what is the exact name of that.

RE: Baby first birthday
I am thinking of doing a nice one for Xavier, but I realised I was rather "mountain turtle", I got a shock when i found that nice birthday I attend cost 1.6K. A friend told me her ger party which is simple buffet at home, also cost her ard $1.2K already..

mcfluffy,
I also thinking of chalet, will be celebrating like 2-3 weeks before CNY.. else I guess most people will be busy.

Icy, it's true. Simple buffet at home already costs a lot. I did full month celebration for my gal during cny period. What usually costs only $10 became $15 and very limited choices. Lagi worse. But the memories are worth it lor.
happy.gif

Also thinking of how to celebrate her first birthday. Maybe a small party at home with just close friends or relatives but somehow guest list always seem to balloon when there's a party. :p

hi mommies

anyone of u have the Sept issue of Mother and Baby? I missed it. Can anyone sell to me?
happy.gif

Thanks to everyone for your advices/opinions on yawning.

JanBB
I think there might some truth in your theory...possibly,

1st birthday
me planning to hold a party for Rylee here in HK. Anyone game to fly over with your bubs and attend? Hehe.

Wendy,
Ur pix look so familiar..Near the expressway ah!!

Birthday Party
Attended one with balloon castle, magic show, tatto artist..not cheap..Depending on the theme of the birthday's star. So far, had seen Pokemon, Hello Kitty, Princess, Power Ranger appeared.

Beautifully designed cake from Smiling Orchid..ha..

If DIY..get ur hubby to dress in those Barney / Pooh costumes also can!

blackbatz
eh, no ley, mine is furthest fr expressway kekeke.

mcfluffy
ok i was mistaken that your girl had curls.. it's just a shock of hair (looks like daddy's hair ley?) it's the pic that was taken in march, which u sent in for contest. The one that she was lying on red bedsheet

Mei,

Hi-5. My recent HK drama also 家好月圆. Have you finished the whole series? I only watched on weekends after baby went to bed. 10 episode 1 weekend. So 1 month finished the entire 40 episode :)

Kitsune,

The leappad? No, Hao Re didn't know how to enjoy it yet. When I introduced to him, he was only intrested in 'eating' the book. But the good is, the materials of the book is those type of won't be torn one, so I happily let him "eat" the book. And can wash the whole book with soup and water. After that, has been kept in his toy box for a couple of months already. Never touched it. After the moving, we dig it out and introduce to Hao Re again. See if he would appreciate it this time. I found it a pretty good learning system. Probably doesn't look fun.

Birthday Party
Where do u gals get the stuff? Thought wanna make my #1 and 2 bday more interesting this year. Heehee...but I'm clueless at planning such things.

HK hols
I'm so excited..will be leaving for HK with #1 in 2 weeks. Can't wait to get off from work. Really dying from work already. Where good to shop for ladies and baby stuff? Any good eateries? Gonna be staying with relative near queen MTR or something like that. Whatelse to do aside from disney, ocean park, the peak?

kam,
yap. finished liao. can't wait to watch finished. haha. it's so exciting to watch every episode.

re: birthday party
wah . now all talking abt bday parties!! jan near cny, some friends have early reunion dinner/lunch, so may not come to bday party. hmm...

re: birthday cakes
the bday cakes all so nice. how do cut??

mei,

I saw you give it 5 stars leh! You must have enjoyed it a lot. I somehow like the first series (溏心风暴). What are you watching now? Any good ones to introduce? My friend just passed me another one, but I haven't started and can't remember the name.

kam,
both parts are good. part 1 i like the mother. part 2 i prefer 米雪 more. now watching another hk series. a 古装 show abt the 4 guys coming together to solve cases. one of the guy is on wheelchair (the same guy acted in the 家好月圆-管家仔).

hi!

Icy: my bb 1st mth celebration, we spend almost 2k for food and "thk you" vouchers (Bengawan solo).. No helium balloon, no goodie bag, no cake.. no deco.. i juz bought a pack of balloon and blow ourselves to deco e function rm..

Anybody who hav done 1st yr birthday party with cake, food, goodies bag, balloon total how much u spend?

mei: hahahaa! my condo function rm.. cfm guests coming is 75 but end up 80+ turn up.. mi and hb so scared dat food is not enuf as we only ordered 70pax, lucky food is more than enuf but juz not enuf vouchers..

lyn,
oic. which caterer u used? it's gd to have condo function rm available. no nid think of venues. nid to pay rental fee???

goodies bag/balloons - u can get cheaper from here. cos' some mummies selling leftovers. but u have to spend $ to get helium. and spend $ for a gd cake.

1st birthday

I am going to have a party, but a real real real simple one. At my house. No theme. No fancy cake. Think even no deco (cos won't be many kids coming). It's more like for mummy and daddy to catch up with friends, and to show-off our baby Hao Re. Last count will be about 50 adults if not inviting colleagues, if invites colleagues, go up to about 80 adults. So no headache for me. Just cater food and do cleaning afterwards. End of stories. One lazy mum :)

re: 1st birthday
I was surfing the net yesterday for ideas and saw carebear theme! Just nice, I like care bears and I think my gal also don't mind :p She has a care bear soft toy that my parents bought for her. So I think I'll be using care bear team. Very nice colours.

Birthday cake wise, my hubby says why bother getting such a nice looking cake when we're gonna cut it up and eat it down? Blah. Guys!

wendyg,
Yah, Celeste's hair was like her daddy's. She looks like daddy too. ;)

blessed baby,
depending on age group. i guess a simple party toy, a snack, some sweets is gd enuff. haha. at least this was what #1 gotten recently at a fren's bb 1st year.

re: shichida,
the sch said earlier the better. did u went for the preview?

re: aquaducks
if u wan swim suit for baby, also can. up to u. else a swim diaper (huggies sponsoring S size 7-12kg) will be sufficient for that 30 mins trial.

i ordered fr Glory. feedback fr frz all food nice except e sambal prawn not fresh, we ordered additional dish of prawn and chicken(cant remember i tink is steam prawn only left a few), ..
Actually wanna order Neo garden becos their food yummy! but my bb 1st mth falls on a wk b4 CNY so they told mi they r closed for e CNY liao.. they only can cater for 40pax as some of their chef bac to Malaysia for CNY.

Hi Mei,

So sorry..me have not be following in the thread...just saw the previous thread...okie..will wait for your email once you receive the details...

Mei

I sent an email to Shichida yesterday for the preview now waiting for reply. -)

I think i just let my gal wear swim diaper. hahaha. My hubby bought s sun lock for her with SPF 50+ Hhahha.
Thanks for all the info.-))

candy,
np. i'm still waiting for aquaducks. if later pm no hear from them, i will call them again. tks to all for patience.

blessedbaby,
which branch u gg? springleaf or hdb hub?

question. my #1 passport was pasted with her very young photo. do i nid to go to paste another of her more recent photo at the immg dept??

mei
can just paste like that meh? I think hv to reapply? But if the customs didn't say anything, no need to bother ma..

Morning mummies,

Wow...seems like alot of mummies have started planning for our babies' first birthday. I havent even think of it yet.

Anyone mummies interested in organizing a gymboree playdate? Thinking of bringing my gal there since she starts to crawl and shld be able to join the place more..
happy.gif

btw, anyone looking for part time maid? I am letting go of mine as I am in the process of employing a full time filipino maid. She is a China peidu mama but she is very good with housework. She takes initative and dont need me to tell her what to do. She has been with me for more than one year and is also helping my MIL on weekly basis. I got a very good time slot. 8am to 12noon every Sat morning ($40 per time). PM me if ur interested cos feel sad that I have to let her go.

blessedbaby,
me also at springleaf. now going there every sun for class.

wendy,
dun think can paste like that cos it's the new type of passport. how to check? cos i dun want wait go travel, at the customs, customs reject my girl how.

blessedbaby,
haha. not nec to have cupcakes la. up to u. i just share pics. haha.

shannonbaby,
ur part time maid is to clean house weekly? does she has any preferred location??

mei
wonder if they'll let u off with a warning first. then when u return u renew her passport b4 your next trip?
my #1 pic was taken when he was abt 8m old, now 3yo liao. we go in to M'sia quite often, the customs didn't ask us to renew ley. Maybe they see small kid, give chance la.

mei,

my part time maid comes to my house every week, purely cleaning up (e.g. ironing, vacumn, mop, wash toilets, general cleaning of furniture, kitchen, hand wash my gal's clothes,change bedsheets, etc) she is fast. dont think she has any preferred location as she follows me whenever I shift house. jus that must be 4hr per time.

anyone know where to find halloween costume for babies? need to look for one for my gal's party in infant care.

Mei,
You will only know when you are at the customs. There if there's great discrepancy, the custom officer will tell you to change upon return.

Nowadays, "high tech" passport cannot paste photo over. Must change to a whole new passport. Previous one, they "printed" my #1 passport on a new page (sort of like update).

If still unsure, go ICA and check..

Bug in cereal
I found a bug in Healthy Times oatmeal cereal. Small dead one! But can't imagine how much poo poo there is inside and my son ate half the cereal b4 I found out! Fainted....

OMG!!!

Where is the HT cereal manufactured? Think another mummy found something else the other day right? I only bought 1 pack of HT cereal so far, so from now on, bye-bye HT!

Back