(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

Mom2nat,
aiya..very easy to get around BKK la unless u are going to the outskirts etc..If stay at Baiyok sky area, most of the cab fares will not exceed 60 baht unless traffic jam.

If the taxi driver wants to charge non-meter rate, can just get out and wait for another taxi (unless you are in a hurry).

Taxi fare from airport to BKK area is approx 320 baht.

mandy
my stuff all put onto my own plates one leh. i never put directly into a tier itself....its like how you steam in a wok. you need to place the fish on a plate into the wok rite...

for chawanmushi, i remember must cover (to avoid the top part from drying) then after that uncover and steam for x minutes....go google lah! i may have remember incorrectly?

remember the most bottom tier is the hottest lor

Tried out my 3 tier steamer yesterday night.

Result : Rice came out mushy. THink added too much water.

Steamed fish not too bad. At least cooked.

Chawanmushi: the egg was a bit too hard. THink not enough water. I steam for 15 mins with the cover on.

mandy
got a trick here. if you use just boiled (very hot water) and add onto the rice grains, you can actually shortened the steaming time by another 10mins....thats for rice lah

Pixel,

Hey i never thought of that!! I really dont know how to cook :p

Am trying to Hainanese chicken rice on Wed.
I planning to steam asparagus and sweet peas. Do u have any idea what can be added to vegetables to make it tastier instead of just plain steam vegetables?:p

mandy
huh u steam asparagus and sweet pea to go with chix rice? i thought is the normal xiao bai cai?? LOL

if you want, u dun need to steam lah. coz steam takes some time, and by then ur vege not crunchy or loses its vitamins liao.

if i were u i will just blanch the asparagus....maybe sweet peas put into the rice?

then fried some garlic with oil, pour over asparagus, add some oyster sauce.

Kam: cfm gathering at ur place on 1st sept?
happy.gif

i agreed Cantonese have high demand on soup cos my hb fr hk, they put so many ingredients into e soup..

wow! so many of u gg for holidays, wen is my turn? dreaming...

Pauline: go taiwan must go wufenbu is their wholesales market, a lot of kids clothing..

mylife: wen r u coming back?

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">1st Sep Gathering</font></font>

Okay, okay. Let's confirm the gathering. It'll be at my place. Don't think too much lah, we just do good with whatever space and whatever stuff we have :) I will e-mail you all my address soon. If you don't receive it by today, please PM me.

<font color="0000ff">Time: 10am</font>

1. Kam &amp; Hao Re
2. JanBB &amp; Jayden
3. Jacelyn &amp; Javin &amp; Jasmyn
4. Elmo &amp; Amanda
5. Mandy &amp; Jayden
6. Babe &amp; Abel
7. Yvonne &amp; Brien
8. Tongtong &amp; Shaun
9. Superbee &amp; Adelle
10. Luca &amp; Javian &amp; Jayden
11. Lynn Chong &amp; Rayden
12. Luvv &amp; Chevaun + maid
13. Mylvera &amp; hub &amp; 3 kids + maid

<font color="0000ff">Things that you need to bring</font>
- paint brush and a paint set if you have one. If you don't, we can always share. DON'T need to bring paper, we have lots.
- Any other things/toys suitable for group activities.

<font color="0000ff">Lunch</font>
- We will order delivery and have it at my place. Can you please tell me which one you prefer, cos I don't have a clue about the food delivery (which one's better etc). Someone suggested Pastamania, Pizzahut, etc.

Luca/mylvera,
How can we keep your elder ones entertained?

Superbee,
Sorry, got confused with the names :)

Jess,
Noted. Okay, wait till 1st Oct then.

Kam,

erm... they will self entertained with the toys at yr hse? hahaha or get them to teach the little bro/sis how to paint?

who wana babysit my gal? :p

btw.. if my #2 still not good (he jz got fever yday), we will hv to skip lor.

Kam,
For your lunch delivery, mummies you may want to try out Eatz Catering. They have mini buffet for small group
happy.gif
I've ordered their Italian Set twice &amp; the food is nice...my relatives all say not bad
happy.gif
U can refer to photos in my FB under Zander's 1st Birthday (we ordered Eatz Catering for a mini celebration at home with 15pax &amp; still got plenty left over...maybe we r not big eaters)
http://www.eatzcatering.com/menu-mini.html

mylvera,
Sure. No problem. Hope he gets well soon.

Steph,
Thanks for the recommendation. How, mummies? Sounds like good idea.

E-mail sent out to your mailbox liao. Please PM me if you don't receive.

Oops should be under Zander 2YO Birthday Celebration, not 1st Birthday.
Anyway, here's a preview of the mini buffet:
4409220.jpg

Disclaimer: I have not tried other set buffet variety from Eatz &amp; not sure if standard got drop anot ah!

prata_queen,
No, it's not transferrable. There is a photo printed on the card. Having said that, I heard people used other's card with no question asked......

Lyn, thanks, the city tour will bring us there. Do you remember what brands of children clothes are good there?
happy.gif

My lousy HP laptop giving me problems again. In and out of the service centre so many times. Feel like buying new laptop at Comex but extended warranty for this laptop is until Jul 2011. :/

Kam,
hb told me to bring 1 kid nia, he's worried that i cant handle, especially if d boys fight over things, which is quite true! dun wana turn ur place into a "war zone" :p

prata_queen,
If you plan a zoo trip nicely (though it's difficult for you now with your big tummy), you can stay there for about 5-6 hours. We've done that, with 2 kids :) Something like walked around for 1hour or so, then sit down to watch a show and rest for 30-45 min, walk again for another hour or so, then have waterplay and then have lunch to rest. If the kids are tired, they get the sleep on the stroller. Continue to explore the zoo, and maybe watch another show. Zoo ticket is expensive, but you can think of it as your contribution to help in the keeping of the animals?

Yep, now not too possible to make a trip to the zoo. I”ll tire myself within an hour. And definitely takes planning + good weather to make the trip a success.

Re expensive tix price. Ok if the total cost is say $30 but by estimation, without membership, it prob will cost $50 for the trip. And its quite a distance from the east. Considering these factors, we have been procrastinating our visit to the zoo. In the east, there’s some farms where they dun charge entry fees. The Pasir Ris Kids Kampong charges a nominal $1 for entrance fees + a small pkt of animal feed. Seletar area has mushrooms, goat farms etc which we intend to explore soon 

Maybe when #2 is 6mo, we’ll sign up for the 1 yr membership.

OMG! Just found out my colleague is pregnant again! Her #1 is 21 months old, #2 is 7 months old, and now she is pregnant with #3. OMG!!! So is so brave. She and her husband are working, kids send to the cc, no maid, not living with parents nor in-laws.

Kam, was it a planned pregnancy? If it is, she is really very brave. Or maybe she wants to quit her job soon so chop chop get all the paid ML from this govt job. hahaha....

steph/kitsune,
I haven't asked her personally yet. Think it's a planned pregnancy, cos she told me they like kids and don't mind having more. She changed from someone who didn't want to get married, then got married, from someone who didn't want to have kids, then now have 3 (and counting) kids!!! Her case is a bit complicated. She didn't even get the enjoy the 4 months ML, she only took 2 months ML only. And she definitely doesn't want to quit her job, cos during her ML, so couldn't wait to come back to work. Already 1 boy 1 girl, sounds so perfect to many already. I kinda know they want more children, but never thought they are so brave to have another one in such a close gap!

wah!!
7mths only ley!!
so its 9mth + 7mths = 16mths, just barely a year part!!

super shiong lor
i doubt me and hb's pay can support 3kids leh *shudders*

Kam,

received your PM. thanks. I m fine with anything. I will see if i can get anything for the kids this fri but no promise
happy.gif
Hope i can really join as tis one approved by my hb
happy.gif
cos after tat, i intend to visit my grandma (whom i have not seen for months!!!???) bad granddaughter she has ...
sad.gif

Pauline: there is no brand in their clothing, minimum is 5pcs as they r wholesale.. but u can easily sell it here under wts thread. (datz wat i do previously) Some shop they do sell 1 pc but rather exp. However, still cheaper than BP here. heheee! i believe some mummies fr BP get their stuff fr there.

Kam: thks for organising, i m fine wif anything too.
happy.gif

any idea wat to buy for teacher"s day?

Kam,
your collg power siah! 3 kids with no help is no joke especially when their age gap so close and so young...

re zoo
my girl has been harping on going to the zoo for quite sometime, Daddy is always not free and Mummy is too tired to bring her there :p so we planned to bring her there without baby after delivery, just hope i can manage with bfg and if i'm still bfg...

mylvera,
Hope can see you and your 3 baobei :)

Actually I haven't met up with a lot of mummies. But somehow feel have been knowing you all for so long.......

Yvonne/Luvv/Lynn,
Okay. Let's wait for more respond. Tongtong couldn't join. So now we have 12 mummies + 1 daddies + 2 maids + 13 tods + 2 babies. The mini buffet from Eatz Catering is for 12pax but according to steph, the quantity is good, so seems just ideal for us hor.

Luvv,
For Zoo trip, do you know that now you can rent a "scooter" to go round the zoo. We haven't rented it before, but lots of people are using it. You can rent one and share with your gal. You can park your "scooter" anywhere.

mandy,
opposite Jurong Point is Safra. Nice food ah, not really (i dun mean not nice but is nothing fantastic to rave abt)...they have a cafe near the pooside, Jack's Place, a chinese restaurant, HAN's cafe &amp; Ishi Mura, a Japanese-themed food court. U can try Ishi Mura if u want, i love their Donburi salmon mentai.
http://www.safra.sg/jrclubhouse_facilities_category.aspx?cid=164

Kam,
For Eatz catering, u can call n ask if they can increase portion for additional pax for the buffet set? or u can add/select additional dishes on top of the buffet set at a minimum price perhaps?

Lyn, thanks, wa then I might as well buy more n set up small online biz too. Justify my shopping trip since not bringing the kids.
happy.gif
but do u know if the customs will stop me? :p

Steph,
Thanks. But think maybe 12pax is enough for us, since you said got left over, and some more a few mummies might not be able to turn up due to unforeseen circumstances.

kitsune,
Sure!! Me at Yew Tee, not BB.

Sigh raeanne fell asleep on her own but only because she is running a fever of 38.7, after she scratched a mosquito bite n had a skin infection. The part is swollen, Red n hot. Dun know whether to bring her see dr... :p

kitsune,
Yew Tee is near to Bukit Batok. But if you are driving from Tampanies, assuming you take TPE and then SLE, then BKE/KJE, Yew Tee is nearer for you by 10-15 minutes than Bukit Batok.

Oh, poor RA. Maybe monitor a little while? How was the skin when she was biten by a mosquitoes the last time round? You can try applying the Mopiko for now, not directly on the wound (cos she scratched), but on the surrounding area. Shouldn't worry bah. Fever shouldn't be related to the mosquito bite bah.

Kam her swelling is one dollar coin size, red n hard with a yellowish 'head'. Got pus inside Liao, I think should be due to that cos she has no other symptoms. I only noticed it yesterday but the mosquito bite mark has been a few days according to hubby n maid.

Oh, the mosquito bite and the skin infection is 2 different things. Now I got you. Yes, swelling (inflammation) can cause fever. Fever should subside soon.

Ya, Think it started from a mosquito bite but somehow got infected n inflamed slowly. She didn't complain of pain n no sudden onset of fever, that's why we were not vigilant. :p

Good another piece of good news again.... My tentanat moving out on 4th sep instead of 15 sept. Which means that i can start my reno earlier and move out of this sickening place soon.... Yeah....

Kam,

I forget did i mentioned to you i will bring my maid along as i can't handle 2 kids alone.... I think ordering a mini buffet is a good idea. Then all of us wil share the cost. Need me to prepare anything extra? Let me know if i can i will difinetly help.

Kam,

Received your email, thanks ;)
Will be there abt 11am cos intend to feed my boy some porridge at home first ;p

Count me in for the lunch, oki with steph's rec.

I will bring along 2 colouring books (Barney &amp; Sesame street) for them to paint. Can juz tear out the pages to share ;p

I have another idea!! We can do fingers painting &amp; vegetable painting. Seem more fun for them to "chop" the vege with paint onto the paper. If u gals are fine, maybe we can bring some vege like capsicum (green pepper), corn, tomato??

Today juz bot a water color set @ JW mkt, haha, only $2 (Last 2 sets). Come with paint brush too. Anyone need a set? Maybe i can check tmr &amp; see whether the last set still there or sold?

Back