(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

kam
yes thermal cooker more ex than slow cooker but thermal cooker after cooking inner pot wont need the electricity after that liao
its just that difference from a slow cooker (crock pot)

pixie,
i know the mystery mummy liao:p

yipee, finally booked air tic & hotel for my BKK trip next month
happy.gif

wah kitsune...enjoy yr romantic holiday! *envy*

prataqueen,
i stay in tampines :)

Kam,
yes a thermal cooker is much more expensive then a slow cooker but not sure the taste will it be better...

pixie,
pressure cooker sounds good but for braise meat, will the meat be tough?

I'm trying to roast pork these few days but meat itself is good whereas i can't achieve with the skin...

luvv
the meat if u braised hor, so soft until the bones can eat. my bil always braised different kind of meat in different sauce...we always get to eat the bones. like sardines bones so soft
coz pressure cooker is really very good in cooking at high heat + faster

pixie,
really?? wah..that is next on my list!! my hubby's mum is superb cook, it's very difficult to get praises from hubby...even though i tried to learn, my mil give her recipes with no specifics, i have to agar agar from there everytime...

Steph, romantic? That word sounds so foreign liao. Even if I go with hubby for dinner without the kids, he will be busy deleting old smses from his hp. I am afraid go on holiday also nothing to talk about, cannot bring back 'that loving feeling' :p

Steph, Kitsune.

Happy to hear that both of you have chance for R&R vacation w/o kids!

Kitsune,
I definitely prefer F&E trip rather than package tour. I have not taken package tour since I was 16... All the trips I have taken from then are F&E. I guess I really cannot travel with other people bah....

luvv
my sister's place hor, his hb is the main cook. funny rite.

btw, the pressure cookers, you can get from robinson. got sale time even better.

luvv,
for roast pork, best to marinate and leave the meat in the fridge uncovered overnight. this helps to dry out the skin so it's easier to get the crispy crackling.
do u brush the skin with vinegar every few mins when grilling?

kam,
if u think soup cooked in slow cooker is not very good, then no pt to get a thermal cooker. it'll be the same.

Krystle, I used to hate package tours too cos so rushed and no freedom. Plus I hate it when they dump you at those shopping places for 1 hour to make you buy things so that they can earn commission. But after having kids, I start to appreciate package tour. Everyday wake up in the morning, got to plan everything at home. Then if things don't go my way, will get pek chek. For package tour, no need to think, just sit back and relax. Anything not happy, complain to tour guide. hahaha.
happy.gif

steph,
Who's that? who's that?

krystle,
I also don't take package tour for don't know how long liao, or never :) Free & easy is the best!

Grumpus,
Thanks for that. But except soup leh, would the thermal cooker useful for other food?

Have a great weekend everyone!! I am knocking off NOW :)

now isetan and tangs both got sale for houseware!

le gourmet 5L thermal wonder cooker UP $199 now selling at $99. free another small thermal pot or thermal container i think?

kam
thermal cooker can be used to cook anything that you will put in a slow cooker. they have the same function. except the latter part, thermal cooker will use the heat internally to cook the food w/o electricity. while slow cooker needs constant electricity
they are both the same

i agree with grumpus. if you dont like slow cooker's soup. then try pressure cooker. the soup is superb. coz the lid is not opened during the cooking phase so all the "ho liao" is bubbling inside

got difference if you use pressure cooker vs normal over the stove slow fire

kam,
pixie is right, u cook in a thermal cooker wat u would cook in a slow cooker. to me is all those mashy type of food like porridge, stew, braised meat.

HiHi

I understand from Babe that a mummy here is friend of SSO. I would like to bring my kid to the babies proms and there is a priority sale for friends of SSO. Could the mummy help me get the tix please? Thx a million

kitsune,
i can understand but being romantic is all in the mind, since hb can't give romance, we create loh:pkeke..for yr imagination:p
anyway same here lah, my dinner with hubby w/o the kids, he will be busy with his blackberry...i even threaten to hb that i will not hesitate to throw his blackberry into the dustbin if he continue to email/smses:p

Mom2nat,
me gg on 16th Sept and u? which hotel u staying?

kitsune,
B is a "high scorer"...hahaha...got perfect 5s for so many traits...sigh.

Great that you can get a short trip with hubby. Think you really need a break from the kids and...maid(hehehe).

For our trip to Seoul in Oct, I also jokingly asked hubby if we should go without B. But both of us can't bear to leave him behind even though we are also worried about his crankiness during the flight and trip. Somemore we're making a transit in HK this time...so really hoping he will co-operate and be guai gaui for at least half the trip. The transit will save us $700 (can pay for hotel
happy.gif
) that's why we decided to take the risk and hopefully by breaking up the flight, at least we can let B run around at the airport to release some energy rather than being strapped down to his seat for the straight 6.5 hours.

SY
I gg 2 to 5 Sept. Haven't booked hotel leh. You leh? YOu bringing your boys? This is gg to be my first trip without kids with my hb... ever since my #1, we never travelled without kids!!

Mom2nat,
Long time never come in here liao!.. Went to BKK with hubby during the NDP long weekend. It was a good break. Makan and pigged out. This round I could really do proper shopping and makan. For exmple, skip breakfast and have early lunch. Go for spa. Can't do this when kids are around. So enjoy!

blackbatz
Wah, so shiok hor. I wonder I can sleep without my kids or not! Hahaha... I have a fren gg with us, she specially flying there with us to bring us ard and so on. Cos hb and I quite suaku abt BKK. Hee...

Steph, haha, yes, you are right. At least hubby willing to go on couple trip with me. All is not lost.
happy.gif

Yvonne, yup, can't wait to leave the maid with the ILs since they love her so much. hahaha...
biggrin.gif

Morning all!

My wrists are so painful today, after spending the weekend with my 2 heavy weights, with occasional carrying of the two! My back hurts too. Sat hub has to go to the office from 12noon and only returned home at 9pm, despite that it's XY's birthday. Luckily both were very well behaved, no fuss, and easy to handle (it's my lucky day!), but still tiring. Sunday had a great fun at the Jacob Ballas! They took very late nap, ie, 5-7pm, thus only went to bed at near midnight last night. We were super tired :p

Kam,

1 sept is approved in principle subject to kids fall sick or i fall sick.

with so many kids, adults .. yr hse still can accomodate? my YX got yr XY as company
happy.gif
(or XY is at nanny's hse?)

Pauline,

You were saying abt cooking Hainanese CHicken rice with the 3 tier steamer? Can teach me how?

Re : 3 tier steamer

I am confused to put which food in which level? If i use 3 levels, wont the juice drip onto the 2nd and 3rd level? Then if raw fish, wont the juice drip too?? If cook rice, which layer should i put?

Pixel,

For the chawanmushi, can share how to make?

Mandy I searched my blog but did not document the recipe. :p I followed Singapore women's weekly. Can only remember roughly now. Rub some grated ginger, garlic and sesame oil on the chicken before steaming. For the rice, use chicken stock, pandan leaves n some garlic oil (if not just add some cloves of garlic). For the veg, can just steam or drizzle a bit of oil? Put bottom tier (rice) first, steam for eg 10 mins then put on the middle tier (chicken) after 10 mins then put top tier (veg). But for me I always cook the rice in rice cooker. But the rice burns easily. Once rice is cooked, I quickly switch off the power.

You must play by ear for your steamer cos different steamer different power settings. Some may cook faster and also depends on how much ingredients you put in.

mylvera,
Ya, the list getting longer. Should be able to fit in, but may not be able to do an activity all together lor. Painting has to be done on the floor, etc. And yup, XY will be sent to her nanny on that day. Your whole family coming?

Or what do your kids expect on a holiday? Would they prefer to run free at the outdoor more than staying indoor? Or just something different from the daily routine will be good?

<font color="ff0000">1st Sep Gathering</font>

Time: 10am

1. Kam &amp; Hao Re
2. JanBB &amp; Jayden
3. Jacelyn &amp; Javin + Jasmyn
4. Elmo &amp; Amanda
5. Mandy &amp; Jayden
6. Babe &amp; Abel
7. Yvonne &amp; Brien
8. Tongtong &amp; Shaun
9. Superbee &amp; Gwyneth
10. Luca &amp; Javian + Jayden
11. Lynn Chong &amp; Rayden
12. Luvv &amp; Chevaun
13. Mylvera &amp; 1/2/3 kids??
14. Jess &amp; Javier (confirmed coming or not??)

mandy
very long no steam chawanmushi liao let me go home n dig the recipe...
actually google can liao lah
btw, some steamer have lids to put in between tiers so that your juice wont drip n affect the bottom tier etc...i thought all steamers have?

Gd morning!

Mom2nat,
Wow couple retreat, how nice...i wish too but nope, me gg with my colls only. I booked Budacco hotel, highly recommended (positive feedback) by Janbb &amp; Elmo who have stayed there before
happy.gif

Blackbatz,
How's the ladies fashion/trend in BKK now? Anything to buy so that i can guage how much baht to bring, tks!

Kam,
hugsss, Mama zhen wei da!

Hi, any sengkang/punggol mummies here? I am thinking of orgainising a baby/family photoshoot in sengkang riverside park during one of the weekend in sept holiday. Pm me if keen

Mandy, always put the one that needs shorter steaming time on top eg fish on top of meat. Put it on only when u want to start steaming. Eg. Steam the meat at 1pm, stack on the fish at 1.10pm etc. Hmm... Maybe I should take out my 3 tier steamer too. Long time no use. Hee.

Back