(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

botanist,

The GP that I went to very lor soh, told me so many things. He was saying its ok that baby doesn't eat solid right now, if they reject, then feed milk lor. The milk these days got all the vitamins, minerals, DHA, AHA, whatever A inside, so enough for the development of the baby, esp the brain. I think this GP very cute, the way he put things across.

ah bie,

I suspect my baby's rash cld be due to ikan bilis too. I was feeding her those instant si sen brown rice cereal containing ikan bilis n after that got rash ard her neck.

slimz ... ya my gal tat time measure abt 8.8kg. going to do her hearing test this 25th will check out again cos tat time she got flu & cough so lost abit weight.

bluelily.. how i wish i can stuff leftovers 2 my HB.. he is one stubborn mule n is ok abt food wastages de lor.. he ultra picky wif food de..not nice he can dun eat den buy other food.. so i doubt he willb the dustbin .. i can c myself as the dustbin le

elaine .. she flu wor .. aiyoh.. tink all bbs here kenna the virus ..
wat hearing test? its the one done that some pple does at birth issit?

hen,

oic..did u stop the si sen brown rice cereal after that? if the rashes persist after u drop the si sen brown rice cereal, then it could be something else in the diet.

my son had sensitive skin during the initial stage ( b4 he starts solid ). i had to do trial & error each time to see what type of food he can accept and what r those that will cause him to hv outbreak. very siong coz hv to go on strict diet. sometimes even hv to go on SEEFOOD diet. sigh

slimz, heng my hb not like tt. I give him wat to eat he'll open his mouth w/o looking... like my jr. lol! :p I also v heart-pain if need to throw away food. U know the vegy puree.. sometimes i freeze too much cant finish.. we'll add to our dishes. hahaha. Like tt we also eat v nutritious food like bb. :p

b4 that, he will hv rashes on his tummy, his feet, the side of his head & even his cheeks! terror!

he kind of outgrow some of the foodstuff but there are still some no-no stuff lah. now if i eat sala stuff, the rashes will appear at the area near his ears.

i used to inspect him from head to toe whenever i eat any stuff that he can't accept earlier on. hahahahaha paranoid mummy !

shryn,
i put very little only..less than half a teaspoon, already very frangant...

Higgledy,
I think bovril is ok la, cos I also eat it when I am young..beside it will make baby stronger (Thats what my mum tell me la, she say beef bovril is even more tekong than the chicken one I feeding..hahah)

Dylan's mum,

hehe me add mince pork into porridge , purree it (cos got mince pork, so use slow cooker also no use) then add a bit of bovril.. Very frangant leh, make mummu hungry also..hahha

My boy so far got 2 little teeth popping out..Thank god he's not really cranky, as for sticky, with or without teething, he already very "sai nah" haha..thought not fully grown, his bites are still painful leh...That day, he snuggle his head onto my lap then bite me! Got teeth mark somemore ok!

My boy now weighs 9.4kg, he dun look very big, but his legs very "kiat kiat" one..dunno its bovril or the jumperoo..ahhaha

re: egg yolk
i have started towkay mal on egg yolk last week. he can finished half of it mixed with one big bowl of fish porridge. i added broccoli and carrot too to make it looked more colourful. i get the advised from miraclebaby, steamed the fish and vege. cook the porridge (rice) seperately. the porridge won't so fishy. i tasted a bit and i find it YUMMY!! haha...

re: cereal
i mixed 1x baby cube (30mls), usually pumpkin or carrot to his 5 tablespoon cereal + 60mls ebm. towkay mal likes sticky texture and he can finish it within 10mins.

time flies... our babies already 8 months old.. in case you are curious abt his weight. he is only going to hit 10kg mark despite he eats alot.

1635202.jpg
1635203.jpg

hello all
i MIA for the past few days. baby got runny nose, my stomach flu came back again been eating n puking all day for the past 3days and hb got flu.. cham! today went back to work and puke my breakie out. took PM mc leave... sigh...

anyway, shawn went to see pd on monday. he's now 9.3kg (not 10kg yet!). heheee not the weight of a bag of rice yet. so far new stuff i have intro is wolfberries in his brown rice porridge in the evenings and green grapes. in the evenings usually when i get home, at about 6.45pm, i'll give him either yoghurt or cheese. then about 7.30pm later the brown rice porridge. then fruits (if i have any in the fridge). 9pm he'll ask for his milk. he poos one time in school. but sometimes he'll poo additional 1-2times in the evenings. dunno why like that oso

actually the marmite that i bought stays unopen in the fridge. think i'll hold on until he hits 9months old. anyone has introduced lentils and other dried beans (black, green, red, soya)?

wow... seems like a lot of yr babies love porridge. mine doesn't seem to like. the only time he finish half a bowl was when i cooked pork porridge with sweet potato. He doesn't like fish porridge at all. maybe i shd let him try bovril. He likes cereal a lot. But PD says cannot let him eat just cereal cos they need protein now. And he doesn't drink much milk too... only 150ml. At night before he sleeps, he drinks only 120ml and sometimes even lesser before he dozes off.

Nowadays, i don't know why my boy wakes up around 3 to 4am and starts to sit up and play or stand up in his cot yakking all the way until we wake up. Not sure why he wakes up so early now. Only when we let him drink milk, then he falls asleep but will wake up again at 6am+. But i couldn't make him drink more before sleeping cos he always fall asleep soon after the milk bottle goes into his mouth. So tiring... not only panda eyes... eye bags getting heavier too.

alien,
mal is so cute... happy boy. he must be very heavy boned. he doesn't look like an almost 10kg boy. mine's also a male version popeye... 7kg+ only.

jeelo,
what kind of cheese are u giving? u have earlier mentioned about giving millets to shawn right? can share how to cook them?

eve,
i bought australian mild cheddar cheese from cold storage. it's those hard cheese in vacuum pack type. i think ntuc oso have. According to the super baby food book, you could also try Parmesan, Romano, Camembert, feta, Monterey Jack, Swiss, provolone, mozzarella, farmer's whole milk cottage cheese, ricotta, cream cheese.

as for millets, u can cook like barley or brown rice; can mix either these grains to cook together oso. it takes about 1/2hr - 45min or so. if solely cooking millets, i usually add 2 tbspoon of millet to 1cup of water. let it simmer until thicker texture like porridge (or like tau suan texture but not that gluey la). take note that millets tend to stick more to the bottom of the pot. so need to stir and note so that it doesn't burn.

jeelo
i was abt to ask wat cheese you giving to shawn too. btw, what is millets? i asked my hb and he doesnt know too. suaku us..

eve
he is indeed a happy boy. i agree he doesnt look that heavy probably because he is tall bah. he is not michelin type. oh ya, how you prevent your son from standing up on the cot? towkay mal likes to stand up and i find it very dangerous... esp in the middle of the night when we both KO-ed..

BBnGG, jean

i tried feeding dylan porridge + some chicken bovril and he finished all the porridge!! I filled the Thermos Foogo food jar half way and he actually ate and ate until everything was gone! I was amazed!

jean, yup i also put very little... less than half a teasespoon and the porridge became so fragrant. That's probably why he finish it.

Hen,

yah my PD says the same thing as yr GP but my GP said must hv protein instead of just milk milk milk! He said all milk = all carbo nia.

bluelily,

thanks for the tip! I wil try to add in more goodies into the porridge now that I"m sure that he's not been eating because the food not tasty enough.
happy.gif

hi eve, mine is olive (popeye's wifey) then... cos she's oni 7.7kg at 8.5+ months. recently on mild milk strike again. she used to be able to drink about 120-130mil every 3 hourly but now drop to 100 mil. dunno how also.

jeelo,
oh ok... didnt know it takes so long to cook millets. maybe will try this weekend. thinking of trying either millets or lentils.

alien,
we lower the cot to the lowest level. so even if he stands up, the rail is up to his shoulder level. shd be safe enuf bah. only think is sometimes he wakes up blur blur, cannot stand properly. end up knocking his head.

millets is a type of grains... read that it's rich in protein.

botanist
wow! congrats!!! think tmr i go isetan supermarket to get chic bovril and let mal try this weekend. think of it only i lao nua already.. tamjia mummy

eve
mine slightly above the shoulder when he stands up. i am worried so much until we let him sleeps in yaolan at night.. millets, sounds very difficult to cook leh..

alien,
actually i feel it's safer in the cot then in the yaolan. do u know that my boy actually falls out of the yaolan when he sleeps in it? i seriously don't know how he got out of it. luckily he didnt hit anywhere... guess he falls out and landed on his bums. i think my mil got scared out of hell when the incident happened. but i do realised that sometimes he turned a bit or kicked his legs about until the cloth got under his knees. maybe that's how he managed to get out of it.

alien,

hahah i also lao nua when i make the porridge for him! heheh my chicken bovril also from isetan supermarket. i'm thinking to get the beef one to try also leh! got my friend to help me buy from m'sia.

so long nvr come in here, paiseh, i was tied up with my work and bps collections plus i wasnt feeling well the past few days...

alien, jovan just hit over 9kg when i weigh him few days ago, don think he be the chubby type, he seem to be growing on his height.
jovan like to stand nowadays, hb was saying he might start to learn walking very soon. My mum think he will start walking ard 10mths, hehe! cos me and my 2 sisters start walking when we were only 11mths old the last time!

jovan like porridge than cereals! He will finish the porridge and is a happy and contented baby but when come to cereals, he will try to fake cough or give me the sian sian look when i try to give him cereals...

anyone planning #2? or #3? or #4?

eve
i zipped up the yaolan sarong so that his legs will be kept inside the yaolan. he fell down fr our bed last month and you will be able to see his scar clearly on his head fr the pic... sob.. we are now more caution on his moves.. once bitten twice shy

botanist
SG not selling beef bovril?? if not think i also getting from m'sia liao since am going back real nj in 2 more weeks.

beng ma
our sons never be the chubby type. you planning for #2 liao izit?? btw, you wanna come my house this sunday? mayuki lai liao.... jas is coming. u let me know yah
happy.gif

jean
noted thanks. i prefer chic too cos i dun take beef! haha.. but hb would like to let mal tries beef as well eventually. he said i weirdo lor.. my parents bai guanyin so we dun get to taste beef since young.

jean & ah bie
wat jshopper romper you guys talking abt? i bought jshopper romper before and i find their cutting is so small. but i like their cooling material though.

I'm panda today! bb give us wake up call at 12am, 3am, 4am, 5am... 4.30am give him milk.. he drink abit then dun want liao. Keep crying.. wanna play. In the end i just put him in his cot.. he play by himself then I go zzzz.......

Weigh him yest.. he's only 7.3kg. Milk still stays at 135ml.. but middle of the nite he drinks ard 70-80ml only.

I din know there's chicken bovril? I tot only got beef.. I love bovril leh. even now i also like to eat hahaha. But I havent give bb yet. Better not introduce so strong taste to him since he's happy with his porridge now. Oh to get rid of the fishy smell in bb's porridge.. my mum adds in abit of ginger as well.

Yao lan, we pin up both ends of it.. so that when bb kick n kick.. cant come out.

Feeding vs allergy

So nice to hear that all the babies are feeding well and enjoying their cereals and porridge.

My boy didn't like his porridge. So we stuck to cereals ... recently my MIL added fish to his cereal and he loved it.

Yesterday, he was given 1 feeding spoonful of Baby Yoplait ... and within 2 hours, his whole body broke out in rash!!! Luckily the rash went away overnight and he is ok this morning. Guess cow's milk doesn't agree with him. My milk is better ... haha.

Bovril

The beef version is no where to be found in Singapore. M'sia have ah? If anyone buying, can tompang 1 bottle?

jean,

still can wear! you can wear shorts over the rompers.

sometimes my MIL will unbotton my son's rompers to air his butt esp when he is doing his tummy time. kekekekeke

Sg no beef bovril? I tot the one I bought when we were preg was beef.. from Prime Supermart.

val, wow that's scary. My bb already finish 4 small tubs of Baby yoplait.. over 2 weeks. He eat super fast.. heng he's ok with it. But his mouth got rashes.. then yest v funny. Got a 4-5yrs old boy look at him.. then say "You are hua mao".. think he wanna say hua mao zui.. then become flowery cat. hahaha. Now we call jr hua mao... :p So kelian.

alien!

we are talking abt the jshoppers sleeveless rompers. cutting too small upsize upsize! kekeke

i like the material too. my son don't hv to reveal his bah bah shoulder & boobs coz the collar won't go out of shape after washing. hahahaha

dylan's mum

Have!! I saw it just last week at GIANT unless i "pah jiao" la..hahaha but cannot be also I still holding the 2 bottles and ask hubby which one should I buy. NTUC also have leh...

re: beef bovril
if SG really boh and if i can find it in my hometown, i will help to buy. let's move this "spree" to nj. alot of police patron ard lah..

jean and ah bie
i bought 2 sets of sleeveless romper fr jshopper and now already cold storage. simply too small.. dun hv chance to kai zhang.. mal is wearing their size 100 now. abit of allowance nia.

bluelily
mal has tried baby yoplait liao but he dun seem to like it or probably he is still not used to the taste. he ate less than 5 teaspoons. your jr can finish all at one go? wow....

alien, yesssssss! At first I only give him half tub to test for allergy. Then subsequently.. he can finish whole tub in 5mins or less. Eat too fast till choke somemore. But he prefers the banana one than vanilla.

btw hor... if sg dun sell beef brovil. Izzit safe if buy from m'sia? I know long time ago they ban brovil beef in sg cos of some mad cow disease or wat.. so I tot now ok liao sg shd be selling. If dun have.. means not safe?

alien, ur jr eats everyting .. so good .. still can maintain tall n lean ...
my girl dun eat oredi like dat...if eat more tink will b so heavy dat i cant carry le =P

slimz.. wrong ah! jr likes to eat.. but hates milk! Vegy he also pui... sometimes frisocrem also pui.. HT barley also pui.. just to name a few. hahaha. Have to add vegy to porrigde to disgust then he ok.. HT barley also add in other cereal to hide the taste.. sometime add too much he detects.. will pui also!

So good, most babies eat the yoghurt.. My boy simply rejects, take 1 spoonful then refuse to open mouth liao..In the end, give daddy eat..waste my $$$

Giant had beef bovril??? My hb and I love bovril. We use it in our cooking (before bb came along) and was hunting the island for it but couldn't find any.

Bluelily

The rash on Jr's mouth is it the 'pop out' type or just red patches? My boy's rash was like that - red patches with no obvious dots, but all over his body including the mouth and forehead. Maybe Jr is only slightly allergic to the yoghurt unlike my boy.

Back