(2007/10) October 2007 MTB

seems like there is a very bad virus gg around? Alot of ppl I know are sick! Mostly down with the standard, fever, flu n cough!

I fell sick 2 weeks ago too, didnt fully recovered n suddenly worsen again last week. Went back to the doc n was given antibiotics. Now finished my course of meds, my nose is still block! Think I shall let myself recover naturally, but think the coughing is putting a strain on my tummy, coz it hurts at times if I cough too hard. I am also having mild fever everyday at different timings. Dunno whats wrong too.

morning all
happy.gif

tiffy.. LOL the way u ask windsorqueen to action last nite!! =D nxt year dragon year?? wow.. sure many many 小猛龙/小龙女... all dragon mummies here.. jia you!! =D

totoro.. LOL... but is v true loh!! our gadget bcom theirs =( huh..kelly also likes ben10?? hmmm.. u'll hear when both mine quarelling, lance will shout at his sister ' u super duper notti, i dun buy ben10 4u!'.. then his sister will yell back : 'i dun like ben10!' nvr hv peace when the tv is on!! btw, is lance that relates a=elephant =( i'm more than relief aft hearing ur analysis.. hope he can correct tis prblm soon.. no heard of singplay.. me too looking fwd to our nxt gathering.. ^.^

gingerleaf... aiyo.. then better stay indoor dun go out often to catch virus. btw.. still indulging yourself w the yummy dao huay? =D lynn's cc is good.. helped toilet train her.. really save u lotsa time! me also cant wake-up middle of nite to ask them pee cos i nvr get to sleep till 'v early' 12+/1+am!! =D i also agreed tv is my 'saviour'.... if not i duno how to handle both by myself =D

cherry.. wow.. so heart warming to see ur comments on our oct'07 thread =)
re taking food.. i tink all sama sama.. come to proper meal they'll 'keep' in the mouth & take ages to finish!! come to junk.. they can ask for many serving!! =D old ppl always said lidat is called 'kam chek' (in hokkien), ie, kid taking too much sweet stuff end up dun wanna eat proper meal.. once in a while gotta gv deworm medication (can consult doc or buy fm medical hall/pharmacy). for me.. i often 'bluff' them to 'compete' if whoever able to finish their meal within the time i set will get extra for light snack (eg. biscuit/cheese/mouthful of ice cream) =)
windsorqueen.. hahaha.. so ting believe her teeth will turn black & dropped? =D

maruko... cant imagine lil't 人小小 got so much poo poo =D is good tat he released it, helps to detox/degassing =D continue to rub ru yi oil for him..

jovial..going melbourne for how long? not bringing caelen/charlyn tis round? happy working =)

Junnie, no more liao. I ate almost 10 tubs of it during the 4 days.

Jovial gg melb?! So envy!!
sad.gif

Im forgoing my trip for this July coz of the stopid ms. urgh! Been looking forward to it for so long liao. Even changed lyn's passport for it.

Gd afternoon mummies...

WindsorQueen, haha...ya u indeed gimme a shock when u said im a mummy of 3!!!
U givin interviews or havin interviews? Lookin for new job?
My boy also likes to play apps in iphone/ipad. When he gets tired of playin, den he will ask me to open youtube for him den he will b browsin thru tonnes of "Thomas" videos to watch.
Aiyo...Ting so violent ah? Could it b some kinda exposure from somewhere dat she learnt?

Cherry, Travis at times will tend to keep chewin meat in his mouth for a long time b4 he swallows. So normally I will put the spoon in front of his mouth den he will swallow the meat for the next mouth of food. Of coz gotta keep "naggin" at him to swallow. :p

totoro, Travis also likes to watch Tom & Jerry. But he dun like to watch those "hero" shows like Ben 10, Power Puff Gals...etc.

gingerleaf, u r at a vulnerable stage now so the meds given by doc wont b strong enuff to get rid of the virus. Will take awhile b4 u fully recover. I can still remember I kept coughin for nearly 3-4mths during my 1st tri b4 I can enjoy delicacies. Try drinkin honey lemon.

junnie, lol...exactly. Dunno how com their tiny stomach can store so much poop. :p Will keep rubbin ruyi oil for him.

Logging on before i run off again. I'm giving the interviews leh. Although i wish i can attend some myself!

I have no idea why Ting's so violent. Perhaps tv plays a big part, coz his papa likes to watch CSI and NCIS, etc. type of prog, so sometimes we catch her watching while playing her blocks at the same time! she has the guts to stare at the corpse on tv!! I had to remind hubby not to watch when she's ard!!

Perhaps she also picked it up from cc? Coz there was a stage where she'll go ard the house and say "bang bang, you die!" geez...

I'm starting to cough liao, very sad. Me very scared of cough, can relate to poor gingerleaf. there was a period i was coughing non stop for months! Cough until my tummy hurt! I caught it from my gal, who i think caught it from cc. I just went to see doc during lunch, trying to nip it in the bud!

Talk abt poop, i think abt Ting's big tummy = ) I always remind her to poo everyday else tummy big big. She replied that all her friends tummy big big! full of poo! hahaa..

hihi new mummy windsorqueen!
happy.gif

re diapers at night:
zq still wearing diaper at nights, i tried a few times but it killed me! to wake up at midnights to wake him up and pee.. so i shelf the plan at the moment, maybe i will try again this oct.. to think that he already toilet-train for daytime when he was about 2 yrs 5 months old..

re storing food at mouth:
zq is another case! he's killing me wi this habit.. he can keep chewing and chewing till the food is so yucky and still dun wan to swallow down! and he can easily takes 1.5 hours to finish (not quite finish still). sigh.. it's like a battle btw us, im not giving in and told him he must finish everythg then can come down from his chair.

WindsorQueen, oic...tink muz b those shows dat allows her creative mind to run on its own. Do take more vitamin C to build up ur immunity. Ting is so funny to relate her frens tummy big big full of poop. Hahaha...

dodo, enjoy ur trip
happy.gif

wah seh...1.5hrs for a meal? T1 took more den half an hr me oredi screamin at him liao leh. U really got patience.

storing food in mouth:
whoa,looks like i am not the only one encountering this problem *is it normal??* i am lol @e black teeth n dropping off.

dodo,
mine is excatly like yours! take at least 1-1.5 hrs to complete. I always joke by telling friends that she is the first one to start n the last one to leave the dinning table.

gingerleaf.. as u knw cough is v mafan to cure de.. better to stop 'cold' stuff for time being.. but funny tat u hv mild fever everyday... did the doc say y? for nose block.. last time my gynae prescribed some menthol essence (to add few drops in water) to sniff.. or u apply kids vick on ur chest/nose & try to stack ur pillow higer when resting.. nvm abt holiday.. aft bb comes.. u can go everywhere =)

maruko..tell u.. i gonna get fat! today 'Gong Cha' opened a branch at my work plc (bt merah central)!!! the Q super long!!! needless to say.. me & colleague Q for it!! lucky tat time almost 2pm, the Q is shorter!! hohoho =D gingerleaf.. A3/A4 still the best :p doobom.. still sticking to ur usual flavour? =D

windsorqueen.. ur job so special needa interview ppl..u work in HR or u a lao ban..hehehe =D

dodo..wow..so fast tmr is ur trip? must go visit 九份& enjoy ur stay @ 民宿!
hmmm.. noting much to buy @taipei ba cos tings not v cheap leh.. except gifts like 維格凤梨酥,太阳饼 (http://www.taiwan-vigor.com.tw/front/bin/home.phtml) or 港记3Q总统饼(http://www.twkongkee.com.tw/pages/?Ipg=33).
i can oni help share below for must try :
阿宗面线 at Ximending, Taipei
阿给at 淡水 (tofu sealed with vermicelli and fish paste)
豪大大雞排at台北士林夜市
other night market also got local delicacies to try高雄六合夜市 or 台中逢甲夜市
also try :
葱油饼(like our roti prata)
大肠包小肠 (literally meaning big sausage wrapping small sausage)
dun recommend :
蚝煎 (our local one still the best)

go ask jas/ecookie/sanbebe.. may b they got more info to share =)

Hi dodo!!
Me just finished interviewing, very tiring!

Junnie, you very clever! Me in HR. Although i have a finance degree, dun know how come end up in HR?!?

Lol, and yes, Ting is so vain that when i threaten her abt the black decay teeth she'll have, she complied immediately! No more storing food in mouth problem! Works for me coz she's a queen of all vainpot!

I really peifu you mummies' patience, Ting takes abt 30 to 40 mins to finish her food and i'm already screaming at her! She just can't sit still either. Becoz my mother in law helped looked after her before i sent her to CC, so the habit was there already since young... sigh...

maruko,
not that im patience, is like "what can i do?!" i also super pek chek to see he eating so slowly, and i even change my menu everyday to entice him! tried chinese, western, japanese style of food.. sushi, spaghetti, jiaozi, kebab all sort of food, but he still takes long to finish.. he's happy to see varieties of food and he seldom grumble want to come down from his chair.. he can sit there to slowly "enjoy" his food but im the one who cant stand it! he's really chewing very slowly!

cherry,
same here! esp when we dine out, all of us have to wait for him.. sigh..

junniez,
thanks dear! muacks muacks! *o*
i hope the holiday will be a good one!
happy.gif

Hello Mummies!!

Wow.. so happening in the forum now.... New mummy joining and thread more active.

Welcome Windsoqueen!!

Great to hear you are working at RP. I am one of the town mummies always meeting up for lunch at Raffles City too. I am near Plaza sing, frequently travelling to Orchard or Raffles place for lunch. Do join us whenever there is lunch gather..

btw, When is Ting's birthday? FYI, most of the mummies here have 2 kids already.. Hope the preggy mummies here can sprinkle some bb dust to you..
happy.gif

Jovial & dodo
Have a safe and pleasant trip. Have fun too.

Talk about taking long time to eat/chew/swallow food also make my blood boil. Have to encourage, nag, scold, cane... haiz.. all kinds of threathening and pattern also chu..... still like that... really duno when can I stop all these nagging...sure high blood one day!!!

Gingerleaf,
Take fruits/ vitamin C to boost up your immunity. How is your MS? Getting better? I saw that you eat up to 10 bowls of tau huay??? OMG... this is way too much!!! It is too liang already...

Hi Mummies,

long time no 'hear'.. hee hee.. im starting work tmr but working from home!!! so will be able to take care of the 2 instead of relying 100% on helper or mil.

Junnie,

My office will be a BT merah but will only return one a week to submit report only

totoro_bb,

U still need ridwind. I have a unopened bottle, can pass to you.

Gingerleaf,

It really feel miserable not feel 100% well during preggy especially when u r still having MS. I have cough & running nose through out preggy w emi till i give up taking med. Worse, caught H1N1 fr my son.... take some vit c to boost yr immunity, zzz more...

WindsorQueen,

Welcome.... every kid is unique. Brig is not tolet trained at night yet too.. and to think that he is about to cant wear XXL diaper le.

Maruko, totoro_bb & jovialz,

How the little ones? Emi is testing my limit and creativity by being super fussy with food... she can high 5 w brig. To think that im so happy intially that she eats almost anything... just for the 1st 2 months.

Dustmite,
Brig is allergy to dustmite too. Sent him for blood test. Em wil be going for allegy test next week.. sign

Re:diaper
Sherry off diaper at night v long ago although she is the last few to train among the kids here.

Re:chewing of food
Sherry took half an hr to finish her food but is we feed her most of the time. If not will take longer time to finish.

goooooood morning mummies!!

tiffy, thanks! am feeling much much better le...
happy.gif

windsorqueen, dun worie. my ger is also one super chor lor queen. hurhur.. loves all the macho cartoons. and wants all the boys toys! and mummies here knows she loves her dinosaurs too.. ha! and the fad for her now is ponies, horses and tigers... hahaha

gingerleaf, hope u are feeling much much better le dear! nowadays the stupid virus is reali strong. plus ur body is more vulnerable now so must take good care!

junnie, haha! can't help laughing at the image of u q-ing at gong cha every lunch time.. enjoy!

dodo, enjoy ur wonderful holiday!!
happy.gif

oooooo... good news to share! like i posted on FB, i have tendered 2 weeks ago and my last day will be 15th next mth.. ha! and i wanted to cho bo for awhile at home while packing and prepare for the house moving... but but but i got a great job offer yesterday!!! so i guess i will be super duper busy but also super duper happy now... *grins*

Gd morning mummies...

junnie, wah ur office nearby got GC open outlet ah? Gd lah den u can indulge in it as & when u wan liao. :p

WindsorQueen, me also always wonder how com I end up workin as a secretary instead. hahaha...

dodo, oic...wah seh zq can sit there & enjoy his food for so long ah? T1 will b screamin if he is up there for dat length of time.
Enjoy ur trip!

chris, its been a while since we hear from u. Emi fussy wif food ah? She gonna b a yr old soon rite? Gd for u dat u will b able to work from home den can attend to ur kiddos 100%.
happy.gif

My lil one is still rather cranky when he drinks his milk these few days. Hopefully he will pass this phase soon.

hippo, Congrats to gettin a gd job offer
happy.gif

So u still got time to cho bo at home or not? hehehe...

thanks tiffy & maruko!

maruko, ha! still got time cos i throw letter without a job ma.. so i have at least 2 weeks to cho bo?? hiaks..
happy.gif

Good Morning.

Wet and cool day, nice.. but traffic super jam too...

Hippo,
Gongxi gongxi.. wow recently, hear alot of ppl around me change job, and ALL are very happy with their attractive offers... Market seemed so good ya?? Me also abit itchy itchy, but really cant find extra energy to start new coy, new environment lei... I am such a coward to take on new challenge.. hmm......

Enjoy your cho bo window period... good time to catch up on ME time and prepare for your new next..

Chris,
Congrats. Envy your new job offer too. Working from home is also my dream, and not easy to find, bet many mummies are eyeing on such offers too. Your kids are impressive with their progress in underwater. Emilee is brave though.... Is Brig swimming on his own now since your hb intro swimming to him so early?
Saw your pictures in FB, 2 of them are so happy in the pool. btw, where is the pool that I saw has background "waterfall"?

How do you discover Brig is allergied to dustmite? What are the symptoms?

RE: Diaper
I am the worst mummy here... L is not even trained on naps!!!
sad.gif

Tiffy & other mummies..
Check with you all... Does your kiddo still take milk via bottle just before they nap? Do they wake up in between nap time to pee? I duno how to train my kids lei.. they are still taking milk via bottle to nap & sleep, and every time their diaper will be full full.. HOW arh??

Tiffy, you have any tips for me??

Yes, ZARA sale starts TODAY...

morning all
happy.gif

tiffany.. u r rite man! today is a cool day how nice if can zzzz at home hor? but no good if we gotta get out of hse to work loh =( i waited almost half-hr to get a cab sending kids to cc cos too heavy rain le.. super duper late to work lucky my boss knw i cant rch any earlier tis wk due hb outstation...
re milk w bottle.. mine still cant part w their bottles!! imagine zann still w her bottle for early morning & b4 bed time feed. i tried to stop her fm drinking fm bottle but she cried & said the 'taste' not the same and hb ask me to gv in cos if not, every morning will b like 'battle field' hear her crying as most of the time she's being 'drag' out of bed to drink milk while she's still half asleep... i feel bad too.. so not to 'spoil' our morning arguing/rushing for time.. i jus close one eyes loh. when outside, i offer her bottle she refused cos she scare ppl laugh at her =D infact i found out most of her classmate/ex-preschl mate also drinking fm bottle till now! as for lance.. since n2 he alr cut down 1 feed in schl.. so bk home, he'll asked for milk extra 2-3x besides morning/bedtime feed as if for comfort.. so usually i gv in cos he prefers drinking milk lying down w his 'stack-up' pillows & digging his ear w his 'chou chou' .. i can hv little 'peace' to do hse chores =D re diaper for nap.. lucas tk nap at home or schl? perhaps u can ask him go pee b4 nap & keep telling him tat he's 'big kor kor' shdnt b wearing diapers le? see if he can fllw instruction? as for nite, abit tedious unless u willing to wake up middle of nites every 2-3 hr to bring him pee... once u realise their diaper is dry throughout nap/nite bed time continuously for a few days.. tat means they r more or less ready for diaper free le...

hippo... congrats!! so happenings your end! moving hse + changing new job!! sure super busy but happy experience ya! ur current co got prblm arh? so many ppl resign?? anyway where's new office now?? hopefully got more time to go lunch w town mummies =D

chris.. u also got a new job? good good.. at least can manage own timing if work at home... if got chance, buzz me a day earlier if u happen to drop-by ur office then we can hv lunch together =)

hi all
happy.gif

tiffany.. u r rite man! today is a cool day how nice if can zzzz at home hor? but no good if we gotta get out of hse to work loh =( i waited almost half-hr to get a cab sending kids to cc cos too heavy rain le.. super duper late to work lucky my boss knw i cant rch any earlier tis wk due hb outstation...
re milk w bottle.. mine still cant part w their bottles!! imagine zann still w her bottle for early morning & b4 bed time feed. i tried to stop her fm drinking fm bottle but she cried & said the 'taste' not the same and hb ask me to gv in cos if not, every morning will b like 'battle field' hear her crying as most of the time she's being 'drag' out of bed to drink milk while she's still half asleep... i feel bad too.. so not to 'spoil' our morning arguing/rushing for time.. i jus close one eyes loh. when outside, i offer her bottle she refused cos she scare ppl laugh at her =D infact i found out most of her classmate/ex-preschl mate also drinking fm bottle till now! as for lance.. since n2 he alr cut down 1 feed in schl.. so bk home, he'll asked for milk extra 2-3x besides morning/bedtime feed as if for comfort.. so usually i gv in cos he prefers drinking milk lying down w his 'stack-up' pillows & digging his ear w his 'chou chou' .. i can hv little 'peace' to do hse chores =D re diaper for nap.. lucas tk nap at home or schl? perhaps u can ask him go pee b4 nap & keep telling him tat he's 'big kor kor' shdnt b wearing diapers le? see if he can fllw instruction? as for nite, abit tedious unless u willing to wake up middle of nites every 2-3 hr to bring him pee... once u realise their diaper is dry throughout nap/nite bed time continuously for a few days.. tat means they r more or less ready for diaper free le...

hippo... congrats!! so happenings your end! moving hse + changing new job!! sure super busy but happy experience ya! ur current co got prblm arh? so many ppl resign?? anyway where's new office now?? hopefully got more time to go lunch w town mummies =D

chris.. u also got a new job? good good.. at least can manage own timing if work at home... if got chance, buzz me a day earlier if u happen to drop-by ur office then we can hv lunch together =)

Junnie,

You have a good and understanding boss. This makes life easier for you. I am also happy with my coy flexibility, thats why, I am hesitant to change job. Not easy to find a place with my kind of flexibility lor...

Re: Milk
Yalor, I know taking from milk bottle is more for comfort feed now. I fully understand what your hb meant by the morning "battle" and give in.. Morning is always a rush, so, it can be tough to fight this battle. Looks like it will take abit more time to wean this off.

Lucas takes nap at IL house. In fact, we have spoken to him about going diaperless, and he said he wana try. But looking at his ballooned diaper after every nap, I think he is totally not ready at all, I dont want to be getting wet mattress since he dont show sign of readiness lei. He did say he wants to try when I told him who and who younger than you already diaperless, and he said he wana try. But he is not showing sign of dry diaper lei... I feel that we should 1st cut his milk intake before nap.. At times, he drinks 2 bottles of milk to sleep before nap, quite hard right? Bladder so full, how to go without diaper? As for nite, I am not ambitious, I will wait for awhile to train for the night.

From my description, do you think he is ready since his diaper is still so full??

tiffany,
during day nap still give bottle but we only give her lesser milk. sometime she will pee b4 nap but sometime she really no pee. so far she never pee on mattress. night time i give ard 160-180ml. for night time, we always give 1 hr b4 sleeping time. so aft drinking, is brush teeth then let her watch DVD while she continue playing her toys. Aft 1 hr, will tell her to pee. Most of the time she pee. but there are occasion she really don't have urine to pass and until she wake up next morning then she pee.
DOn't give just b4 nap or sleeping time, give early.

tiffany & junnie, thanks! i tink job market is reali not bad.. i didnt look actively though cos my initial plan was to quit and take a break.. only went for the interviews with this new co. hee..
happy.gif
i simply bth the way it is progressing here la. not in terms of career cos they offered me a promotion before i tendered. but in terms of their management methods. can puke blood and die. so... left me with no choice reali. plus my team of 6 became team of 2 and with me gone, will be left only with 1. hahahaha!

tiffany, as u know adri is a milk monster, she takes milk all the time. and she has this bad habit of drinking milk before she sleeps even though her last feed might be just half an hour ago. we are trying to break this habit lo... keep telling her tummy so big cos of all this milk. so ugly.. haha! as for peeing, she will wake up & go to her potty by herself to pee so no worries on dat part for me... she started night diaperless almost 2 years back le, i tink? initially we will wake her up to pee. then she got used to it and will do so herself. give lucas a bit of time. i guess wat u have to do 1st is to routinely wake him up to go pee and let him get used to it..

junnie, i also didnt wana come work today! hahaha.. bt mthend close so *bleh*.. my new office not in town.. ha! i wld love to meet u all too...

Hi all am here again

So many so u r sick too ... Please take care ok and hope all of us recover soon ...

Hippo and Chris so nice can find new job that u like hope I can too but i think for now I need to find s home base job cos need to fetch kids to school as I have stop all the school bus that is killing us

Welcome windosqueen I am a dragon with 2 kids too gal is in pri 3 and my son is Sept 07 ... I am the oldest mummy here lOL cos I started this oct 07 as my edd was 1st oct 07

tiffany... really frustrated hor? earlier i also lidat.. see no respond so i keep pressing enter key.... then bcom double posts :s

cm.. hi hi.. nice to see u in here again =) u gimme a 'shock' when u said u r the 'oldest' here.. then i read again realised u meant u r the 'beginner' of our thread =D hey.. u r always so busy... got time to work bo? =D hmmm.. u finally quit tpt for carlson? good la.. save ur $$ for other tings... hope he has fully recovered by now & gone bk to schl?

windsorqueen.. u shd knw fm cm's post....most mummies here knw each other abt 4years le.. we hope tis thread will continue & continue & continue... urm.. shd there b one day no more SMH forum... we still can meet elsewhere =)

hmmm... tis makes me tink of chintz,bbwow,petit_gars,sanbebe,san,hapififi,twinklestar,jas,zhenzhen,sugarnut,chersam,maisymouse... hey mummies.. where r u???

hippo... aiyo.. y u tell adri her big tummy due to drinking neh neh? later she dun wanna drink milk arh.. i tink if no fat fat tummy then not adri liao lah =D re ur office.. aiyo.. the oni 1 left in ur team so 'poor ting'.. hope he/she still got motivation to work or ur co 'compensate' him/her for being the 'lone ranger' =D really not easy to get an ideal job so fast... ur lucky star w u lah.. no harm trying toto/4D tis wk arh =D

hippo,tiffy.. adri & sherry being first two to b nite toilet trained here? wow.. so good.. really help save alot $$ for diapers!!

tiffany.. i also tink lucas is not ready yet... either u 'work hard' wake him up at nite or try like tiffy said, dun gv milk jus b4 bed time. both mine drink jus b4 bed time so i tink tat's also the reason y they off diaper late (zann i tink jus b4 she turn k1 then she off nite diaper, i observed her diaper not wet for abt 1wk.. plus she auto told us she dun wanna wear cos v 'mafan' =D).. another method is u prepare to 'waste' one thin mattress... ask him to sleep there w/o diaper.. let him realise the mess if pee &amp; keep repeating same if he wet the matress (of cos gotta clean &amp; dry the mattress in the day).. tat's wat my ex-colleage'MIL did when training her daugther for her... it took <1mth her gal off nite-diaper le...

Maruko,

Emi s really fussy nowaday... sign....

Tiffany,

Brig cant swim yet, he hates places with lots of water like swimming pool or sea... is only recently that he is willng to step into swimming pool. Is it at tampines swimming complex..

Junnie,

sure....

Tiffany,

Brig has running nose and cough very freqiently since he was a baby. He alway has a outbreak of rashes ard hs mouth before he gets real sick. We thought is food allergy so send himfor blood est... end up he is all clear for food but allergy to dustmites...

Tiffy,
Thanks. Looks like the 1st step I need to do is to wean them hugging the bottle to sleep. They have been doing that for comfort to fall asleep. Once this is established, then can talk about going diaperless. For nite time, I will try your method by giving them via bottle 1hour before sleep, dont give bottle like depriving their childhood... They used to tell me drinking FM from cup taste is not nice, so, I think better not deprive them.

Sherry has always been very Dong shi girl.. that is so easy for you that she never wet her mattress. I am quite scare about them wetting the mattress, will have stench smell...btw, does she wakes up in the middle to pee?

Hippo,
Since you are not happy with the management way of doing things, no point drag on.. Its always good to explore new environment, especially when you are still young!! All the best in your new job.

Same as my kids lor, MILK MONSTER is the way to describe them. So.. does Adri still hug bottle to sleep or you give her milk earlier before sleep? You are so lucky, she is nite trained 2 yrs ago... so envy, save alot!! Recently, I have also cut their milk intake, limit to 1 bottle at night only, so far we are persistent and did not give when they ask for 2nd bottle, but hor.. afternoon looked after by inlaw, they still give 2nd bottle upon request!!!

junnie, ur boss gd leh...noe ur hb outstation den close 1 eye abt ur punctuality.
happy.gif

Tiffany, tink when coy is too flexible, we tend to stay in comfort zone. :p Since Lucas diaper still so full, perhaps u slowly get him to learn how to control his pee.
T1 will still hav his nite milk feed b4 sleep &amp; Im still lazy to train him for nite time. Lucky for me is the CC help me train him diaperless for his afternoon nap, so wkends when he home me dun hav to worry abt him peeing on mattress during nap.

Tiffy, hows ur dad now? Recovering well? I can still remember ur hb is the 1 who trained ur gal to b diaperless during nite time. So gd...

hippo, still got 2 wks ah? gd lah...den can shake leg for awhile...oops...shld b can go shoppin while the shoppin mall is not so crowded. Sounds like ur current coy really bad management.

chris, perhaps try givin her a variety of flavours den observe how she responds to the taste lor.
Brig allergic to dustmites ah? Tink I heard of a very gd vacuum cleaner dat can get rid of it. Tink the brand name is Rainbow if im not wrong. My bro bought 1 also coz he very sensitive to dust. If u wan den I help u get the contact from my bro.

Junnie,
I don't think sherry is the 2nd to b night toilet trained here.

Tiffany,
2 bottles of milk is alot. Have to slowly cut down.
Aiyoh beginning also wet mattress but think less than 10times. Stocked Febreeze anti bacterial spray.
So far only less than 5 times she wake up in the night to pee but she will cry for help when she want to pee in the night. But now seldom, think she can hold until next morning.
No dong shi lah, just that day throw tantrum again when she reach hm aft sch. Want biscuit b4 eat rice. I never give in so she keep standing at the door crying" I want daddy I want daddy". Daddy that day come hm late lor. I ignore her totally until so long then she settle down herself cos I need to feed J.
But she damn cute lor. Recently trained her sleep alone without daddy. But then everytime when J cry for midnight feed, she will walk over to our rm n whisper to daddy " daddy, can u wake up pls" then tell her daddy she want milk.
Weird lor, nowadays she also drink milk midnight.
Another cute acts fr her is usually daddy accompany her until she sleep but will let her watch DVD. But daddy v tired always fall asleep while she still watching. Funny part is aft finished watching, she off the DVD n tv herself, then on the small night light n off the bigger night light then she walk to her mattress to sleep without disturb her daddy. Most of the time she tell daddy to sleep 1st. So daddy really sleep 1st but will remind her to off the DVD n tv herself b4 she sleep.

Maruko,
Thanks. My dad quite ok although left side still can't move much. But midnight he will b awake so the maid have to look after him midnight. That's why my bro buy chicken essence for the maid to drink n also tell her daytime if my dad is napping tell her to nap too if not she will b v tired. Seem like this maid really quite gd.

Yup it's hb who night toilet trained Sherry
happy.gif

Junnie,
Good idea about wasting a thin mattress. Anyway, hb and me discussed and planned to move them to their own room soon, that means, we will have to revamp their room and I plan to change them to thick mattresss, so their current thin mattress can be used for diaper training. heheh

Zann was nite trained at K1... tats very good too... I heard of many kids complaining dont want to wear diaper, too hot, too uncomfortable etc.. but Lucas never complaint lei... he seemed to be happy wearing his diaper. haiz... Anyway, I plan to act on step 1 first - wean them drinking while falling asleep. Nite diaper training seems tough!! That means if they pee on the mattress, we have to wake up and change their pyjamas/ change bedsheet etc?? Wah... TEDIOUS!!! hahahahha.. lazy mummy!

Ask u arh...

Gingerleaf and Junnie,
Dont envy me, I'm leaving S'pore on Sat night. Reach back in S'pore on Wed 5am.

I also need some info on where to go in Taipei. Going on the 9th July for 10 days. Of which Im working for 3 days. This time, bringing my Mum. my "奶妈" (my sis) and 2 kids.

Chris,
My girl so far likes sweet stuffs like fruits base puree or sweet potatoe / pumkin. She hates vegetable on it's own (had to puree with punkin / sweet potatoe etc). When she doesn't want to eat, she'll pout and lower her head so much that her chin touch her chest. Stubborn, LOL.

Hippo,
Congrats !!! Great BD gift from above
happy.gif

Gd morning mummies...

Tiffy, wow...Sherry can switch off the tv &amp; lights b4 sleepin wif daddy ah? Impressive.
Gd to hear ur dad much better. Sounds like ur bro got himself a gd maid. U mean ur dad wakes up at midnite den no sleep whole nite?

Tiffany, aiya...u can wake ur maid up to change the mattress cover if they peed on it :p U can use febreeze to get rid of the smell if u dun hav any protection placed on the mattress. Perhaps u can keep commentin in front of Lucas abt how other kids so "gd" no need wear diaper liao. Mayb a little peer pressure will b able to aid in him wantin to go diaperless.

Jovialz, wah seh...全家出动 to Taipei. Though workin for 3 days, but still can go walk walk see see for rest of the days.
happy.gif
so shiok. Hows the 2 kids handling while on the plane for the few hrs?

Gd morning mummies

junnie:y nv think of me, me so sad..... (juz joking). How's lance's CP scar? very bad? When i had CP,i had scar too. I even had to go to specialist for injection as my CP is "pop" up like a meat protruding. The injection is to let the CP subside to face lvl. But till now still hv the scar but lucky only 1 is visible on my face.

re:diaperless at nite
shanice is still on diaper at nite. At times,she will tell us that she big gal &amp; doesn't want to be on diaper. But she still drink b4 sleep &amp; usually will hv urine on diaper the next morn. Perhaps it's we parents not ready to wake up in the middle of the nite to train her.

re:drinking milk
Shanice is not really into milk. She doesn't drink milk at home on wkdays morn &amp; sometimes nite time oso din drink milk if she eats a lot during dinner.

windsorqueen: welcome to the thread. I'm a mummy of 2. Shanice is born in Oct'07 &amp; Javen is Nov'09. I believe Ting will be a great help when she has a sibling.

hippo: congrats on ur new job.

jovialz, dodo: hv a smooth trip
happy.gif

Tiffy,
ur girl really obedient n understanding at such tender age. Thumbs up for u n hubby, good up bringing. I am a lazy mommy with active n notorious kid... How I wish mine kid is easier to handle.

Gingerleaf,
nice pic!!!!! Can u share the name of the babies??

morning mummies!

i m sooooooo tired. stupid monthend closing!! argh..

tiffany, haha! dun envy dear! rem the amount i spend on their milk powder. it is still 2.5 Big tins per month for adri. *shakes head*.. adri still requests for her milk b4 she sleeps..
sad.gif

chris, congrats to ur WAHM journey!
happy.gif

jovialz, xie xie!! have a wonderful trip and enjoy ur burpday too!!!

cheriebear, xie xie

gingerleaf!! hahahaha.. so long never see this pic sia.. LOL

hi all
happy.gif

hippo.... hang on!! almost half day gone liao.. hv a good lunch then continue looking at those figures ba =D

gingerleaf..still remember how hard to get the kiddos lining up to take tat shot =D they hv grown so much le =) besides lyn &amp; kelly, i can oni recognise sean (unice) =)

tiffany... haha.. u really wanna try out the thin mattress method? good lah.. at least u got one to spare... of cos, get prepared to clean the mess (change covers/shower the kids) if u found they sleep in pee pee =D

tiffany,maruko.. u r rite.. my boss is v lenient &amp; understanding... tat's y i can spend my 20th yrs in the co =D

jovial.. wow.. is great to go work fllwd by holiday!! y didnt ask ur hb tact along? then will b doubled fun! aft dodo comes bk, she can share more taiwan holiday info w u =)

cherie_bear.. no no.. i miss u too =D hahaha.. thks, lance's cp arh? hiaz... tis morning her principal jus repeated : 'v heartpain hor to see his face bcom lidat? handsome minus some pts liao.. nvm lah.. lucky he's boy...' =( every1 see him now sure 1st expression 'aiyoo.. y his face bcom lidat'??? =( his face/body now got many scars... everyday gotta apply cream... duno will tk how long to lighten.. as for the 'holes'.. cant b help le =( ur cp sounds serious.. nvr hear will 'pop' &amp; protrude..i thot it'll flattened aft a wk? lucky specialist can help &amp; left 1dot nia...

tiffy..i thot oni adri &amp; sherry nite toilet train rite?? huh... got other kiddo too? glad to hear ur dad went home le... really a relief ur bro's maid is of help.. save lotsa headaches for both of u...

hello, thot i saw my name. same comment as hippo, stupid mth-end closing.. haha..

hv been going maid-less since 2 weeks back, and I intend to stay that way (tho my HB thks otherwise), so he made me promise that i cannot lose my temper for 2 weeks. Cos' he knows i will push blame to him if I get too flustered with the kids or daily chores.. bleh..

L is gg diaperless at night, quite immediately after he was day toilet-trained. He was really the last one to be trained in the day (literally the last one in class). But once he is ready, he is ready both day and night (except when there is a change in envt, like when we went aussie or when he is down with fever). So we must watch out and remind him to pee b4 sleeping. So I thk no need to rush them.. they prob will know when they are ready.

I dun really give the elder one milk b4 sleeping cos' no good for the teeth. In fact, he went to the dentist and was told he needed a tiny filling. I am cutting down the nite feed for the gal too.. since she eats so much, wun go hungry even without the last milk feed.

so many good news gg ard.. new jobs, new babies..today is the start of half year mark of the year. hope there are more good news for the rest of the year!

welcome windsorqueen!

Junnie,
Hehehe I thought alot of the kiddos here also night trained already.
Yalor lucky get such a gd maid. But headache lor cos my dad wake up every 2 hrs during the night.

Cherry,
Actually I am shocked that my gal can do all these herself. Scare she get electric shock when off the main power.

hi suger nut! long time no see!!

Junnie,
the 1st bb i think is ashton, sokhwan's bb. Forgot her nick. =p.
we got hannah(zhen_zhen) pulling another baby's ear!

The 2nd baby n the one being pulled, the mummies seldom chat in here, but just popped up suddenly to join for photoshoot.

The one next to lyn is chloe.. but forgot mummy's nick.. not chintz.

Giant selling Giant IQ at $54.XX instead of $57.XX
Hb went to buy 8 tin today, coincide with double stamps day n now i got 56 stamps extra!! wahhhh!! *delirious*

hello gingerleaf, saw ur good news too! Hope your MS gets better..

haha.. thk I really MIA v long. Maybe after I came back fr my trip. And I dun hv iphone to check here frequently. excuses for myself..hee.

Back