(2007/10) October 2007 MTB

hi all
happy.gif

doobom.. *sayang sayang*... tink ur leg cramp attack is a serious one tat's y still painful today.. nothing can b done much except do some light massage for time being... avoid cold cold stuff ya..

tiffy.. congrats.. 好! dun worry.. the birdie wont fly away =D

jas.. if u r full time SAHM.. then of cos can look aft them yourself is the best. if got special reason or u PTWM or FTWM.. then bobian.. tink cc/nanny/family members is another choice le.. dun worry, i'm sure they'll adapt fast & learn more in the schl, of cos, in the beginning they tk sometime to settle down in cc... & also there is con like exposing to more virus.. but they'll get over it & b stronger too... look at the brighter side ya =)

Tiffy,
So far MS quite Jialat. Coming up to 10 weeks but still losing weight. So far lost 2kg in less than 1 month. Sometimes gets Giddy spell and headache too
sad.gif
Hope things improve soon.

Jas,
Any chance of getting another CC which has half day ? I know there is one CC in Bedok North Blk 93 (near the Blk 85 market) but not sure if they offer half day or not.

Doobom,
Consider going for some prenatal massage ? My GF also have bad leg cramp problem until she goes to Michelle for her massage regular and she say it really help to reduce the occurrence.

doobom,
think junnie's post is late, u have already bought icy dried longan drink. wah....char siew rice....haiz aft 2nd failed attempt of eating rice till now i dare not eat rice.......don't know when can i overcome the fear of eating rice.

junnie,
cos i remember the joke that mention here last time lor.hahaha think this joke start with chintz who mention it to us here

Junnie,
No special reason la. Just hope that they can learn more from school than to stay at home and learn nothing from the lazy mummy. I just blasted them with my thunder voice. Scare their wits out. hahaha! I just wanna bath for less than 5 mins, and they keep banging my shower screen very fiercely. hahaha! think i will just let them go to full day cc lah.

Jovialz,
All the Bedok cc are fully booked. there is only one very near to my new place..blk 60plus. But that one really cannot make it. Once i step in the cc, there is a foul smell and it looks dark. The teachers are like zombies. So i have extend my search to Simei & tampines since they have school bus service, i take it.

Chris,
Its at the changi simei community centre. I quite like the place there..i sign up immediately after a few rounds of childcare centres that afternoon.

jovialz,
tell u hor... i hate 1st 3 mth of pregnancy, so suffering. now lost weight any mind because later part sure put on weight. recently i also have headaches but don't know why. And don't drive temp since u have giddy spell n headache.

Jovialz,
Hope your giddy spells & MS quickly vanish away. Are you in Spore?

Doobom,
poor thing. Ya. Go for Prenatal massage as Jovialz suggests.

Tiffy,
You dun eat rice, then you eat what?? aiyo..hope your appetite can comes back soon.

All the preggy mummies, all your sacrifices are surely worthwhile when in time to come, you will welcome a new bundle of joy happily!

Jas,
my appetite back few weeks ago but 3mth ago i eat rice stuck inside feel v miserable, 2nd attempt still stuck so till now i have not overcome the fear of swallowing rice. Lunch i always eat economic fried been hoon, kuey teow with some dishes. Then come to dinner, i eat the dishes only then full liao.

Jovial so Michelle is back in action liao?
happy.gif

Jas U will enjoy yrself when the time come ... when kids in CC U in SPA ...kekekeke and dun worry too much ok ... they have lots of things to learn and play in CC and programs are all full till at least 5pm everyday ... so dun bring them back 1/2 day cos they will miss out a lot in the end ... they will do it so can U ok
happy.gif

this morning when send my gal to school ... one of the student fainted during PE lesson ... heng i am still there cos i am looking for the admin ... den fast ask my driver to send the gal to doc ... if not dun no must wait how long for the ambulance to come ...

MAIDs & Driver ... there is another SG family that is here too ... guess what the maid & driver ... left them 1 week after another ... never say dun want to work ok ... 1 just left early and said house roof flew away!!! den ask for $$$ ... den driver sms yesterday night saying In Law passed away???
sad.gif

Jas,
nope, she is in half day, coz I dun need to let her go full day ma. Your cc no half day option issit?

Tiffy,
the birdie joke was started by my SIL, coz I asked why lyn is so notti and she said when lyn was on the way to be reborn, she run too fast n drop her kuku, so was supposed to be boy, but come out became girl yet retain that boy's nottiness. Haaa!

jovialz,

dun worry abt wt lose.. i lost clode to 7kg in 14weeks... now gaining back slowing... i hope is gaining back v v slowly.. ahah

Chris,
how's your MS ? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be over in 2 weeks, I hope !
happy.gif

I find it's scary since when I was pregnant with Caelen, I'm gaining weight (slowly but surely) every time I measure and he keep growing faster than expected. I hope this baby not too affected by my loosing weight, so far the growth is on track with the initially EDD (thank God !).

CM,
Yap, I'd just called her recently and she told me can go when I closer to 16 weeks. Still located above Killiney Kopitiam @ Killiney road.

jovialz,

MS subsided. Feel like human now... haha

My gynae mentioned that MS will subsided by week 14 usually. And true enough, it subsided on week 14 for me.

Dun worry too much abt the lose wt, they will gain the nutrient from us, remember to pop yr multi Vit. Brew some black chicken soup and chinese herbs 4 yourself too.

My cleaner is commenting that i dun look preggy at Week 20 cos nothing shows... sign..

jas... also tink in terms of half day cc 'bo-hua' than full day then u'll feel more balance =D.. LOL at ur thunder voice.. ^5.. they made us v 'pek chek' & 'kan cheong' whenever we r rushing to get shower/toilet & they banging the door ~bleh~

jovial.. soon u'll b like tiffy & chris's bk to normal during preggie.. hang on & JIA YOU =)

chris.. good lah.. tat means u still v 'miao tiao' =)

tiffy.. as long ur intake of food is balance no rice shdnt b a prblm de..

cm.. v kind of u to send the gal to doc.. hope she's ok le.. aiyo.. so there r family w almost similar case like urs.. may b the helpers there really 'got prblm'... hiaz..

hi mummies!

Chris, thanks for asking after me...I'm still v busy. back to sleeping at 2-3am every night then waking up at 6am (these days too tired to pump milk at 5.30am). The other day worked until 4 plus am, pumped milk, fed mea then straightaway get ready for work liao. Weekends also work but try to spend a bit of time here n there with babies...but always feel v guilty with the thought of piles of marking waiting for me lor...

hai. nevermind. endure another few more months. hope can find job after i quit :p

Jas, I agree with some of the mummies, initially i was so reluctant to put matt in cc cos i felt like he was so poor thing. really heartbreaking. but it's done him some good, the other day he finally counted in MANDARIN!! So it will be a good thing, whether it's half day or full day. full day will give u more breathing space, and u can choose to pick them up earlier also.

morning mummies!!

jas: yup i agree with wat the other mummies said. think on the positive side, the boys will learn new things somehow or another and will also grow to be more independent. at 1st i was reluctant to send yz too, esp after seeing how they lie on the floor drinking milk and sleep on pathetic small mats that allow minimal turning space for naps.
sad.gif

but on hindsight, yz is much happier now being able to mix ard w kids his age. if not, he will only be in the company of doting granparents who spoilt his silly day in day out and also not much learning from the old folks too..

doobom: poor thing, sayang. leg cramps can be such a pain in the ass!!!! remember to elevate ur legs when zzzing and try to slowly stretch them before and after sleeping.

chris: good to hear that MS has subsided for you! time to fatten urself up hehe

hi mummies!

jas, u r nt chao ah gua la! aiyo.. nt even man to begin with! hahaha! anyway, tink on e bright side as other mummies suggested! the kids r gg 2 learn things at sch n build on both IQ n EQ! plus like junnie said, u save mre wif full day cc leh! Hugz k?

doobom, hwz ur leg 2day? must b one of those killer cramps dat strained ur muscles.. sayang sayang.. keep massaging wif light strokes.. pain shd subside soon...

Ecookie, karrie & mummies,
that's what i am thinking of the positive side. They definitely learn more in school though the long hours. I am not the teachie type who will fork out few hours a day to teach them new stuff. NO WAY! hahaha..

Eh..why so quiet ytd & today ah??
No complaints or happy things to share?? hahahahaha!

jas, got! shared in fb liao! confinement ovr in less than 2 wks! hahaha... bt lazy me aint gonna hv any 1st mth party. lazy 2 pack hse 4 party n after party.. hee! bt tinking if i m v unfair leh.. cos adri hv n didi dun hv.. hmm...

hippo,
Sad to say... The cramps are still clinging on me. Though better as compared to yday, still limping slightly. I dun care and give up already, sat and had a good session w/ the iSqueeze last evening.
happy.gif

Hb was asking me... 'Now only 7+ months, still have 2 more months to go. How? Your leg like that?'
I was quite bad, gave him that look and 'How I know HOW?'... Hahaha...
Time flies! You are almost done with confinement and didi is turning one mth old.
happy.gif
Can have a simple celebration with Daddy hippo and Adri jie-jie, dine out to curb & satisfy your tuna & sea urchin cravings.
happy.gif

Jas,
so when are the boys starting their school?
I find that their school-u kinda ex. Cost me $44 one set.

Doobom,
What is school-u?
AIyo..your leg sounds cramp. Leg Cramps: I rem shouting very loudly early in the am: "MY LEG MY LEG! WHAT HAPPEN? WHo is pulling my legs??" hahahaha...super painful lor.

hi all
happy.gif

howcome 2day not so many posts arh???

jas.. happy news.. i jus came bk aft visited my colleague.. though he's still in icu w oxygen mask.. he's awake & can talk liao! now waiting to b trfd to the ward tmr for further tests, awaiting ops (bybass & balloon) when he's much better..

jas.. dun tink so much since u alr registered for them.. go go go... if any prblm later then sort out =)

doobom.. wow.. isqueeze somemore?? good la.. as long u dun turn on to the highest mode..

hippo.. i tink even u dun wanna celebrate, granny & tai po sure will do something on ayden's 1st & 4th mth one.. a simple one w the family is as good liao le =)

karrie.. as u said.. bear w it for another few more months.. pls take care of urself ya =)

Doobom,
I also school uniform expensive some more must buy in set (2 top + 2 pants + bag for $40), want to buy extra uniform without the bag also cannot.

u know wat I did? I post at WTB to buy my boys' uniform :p TOTS house mah. many branch. so many kids drop out or buy too many new sets of uniform and can't wear so I "buy"

poor doobom! ouch.. i hate e 'woken up by stupid cramps in e middle of e nite' thingy. i kena lotz during adri's time. sayang.. if isqueeze cn help, then use it! 3rd tri shd b ok.. ur hb's qns is so typical of men! hahaha!
n yeah! i cnt wait 4 my feast. didnt touch any thru'out pregnancy! (only rule i stuck to? Keke)

jovialz, hope ur ms gets better!

junnie, great news 2 hear of ur colleague! Hope he recovers fully!

eunice, ya! i miss e gatherings 2!

hi mummies!

got good news to share. deb can sit up unaided at 5months. and now, she's trying to put herself up using the side of the cot. she can already get herself into a kneeling position. wow!

junnie, glad to hear that your colleague is doing better.
happy.gif

jas, depending on the circumstance, sometimes it's better to send your kid to cc instead of letting them stay home. and it's also for your own personal sanity. you might find yourself being cooler about things, because you are not so stressed out.

tiffy, congrats on having a boy. and yay that your MS seems better now.

chris, you lost so much weight? now that you feel better, can slowly beef yourself up a bit more.

jovial, hang in there. it will be over soon, just like tiffy and chris.

doobom, poor thing. i also had cramps during the last tri, and it can be very painful. unfortunately not much we can do to, except massage. but hang in there, it will be over soon.

hi all ... Carlson and I having flu and fever ... his nose is running my is block ... fever his is hay and my is always higher ... weather how very dry now nose pain man

doobom ... i had that cramp when Carlson's time ... pain for days after that and guess what i still have that cramp on and off till now
sad.gif

junnie yrs is really a good news
happy.gif

hippo ... read yr blog the THANKS to yr HB ...
happy.gif
so sweet
happy.gif
this is the best thing we can ever ask for hope that Adr will also get a hb just like yrs
happy.gif
love her and dot on her always TOUNCHING & Warm

zhen zhen, wow wow wow! Deb is reali gd! she'll b cruising in no time.. Woah! =)

cm, gosh.. hope both of u feel much better soon. drink lotsa water ya? weather is dry n affects ur nose? any nasal spray 2 ease e discomfort?
juz scrolled up n saw dat u sent e ger 2 hosp. so nice of u! hope she's ok alrdy!
ah! u read my post? i juz hope adri dun scare off good men cos i foresee she'll b mre pedas than me! fiery temper..

good morning mummies!

so quiet?

my stupid medela pump in style advanced breastpump has been giving me problems in the past week. suction getting weaker until I have to hand express at least 5-10 min each time after I pump! wrist & fingers are so tired. haha. worse is it's affecting my supply. so last night hubby rushed down my friend's house to borrow hers. then my crazy pump decided to start working again though not as powerful as 2+ years ago. to think that i've changed the motor once before while still under warranty. how come so lousy huh? any mummies using same pump? do u face the same problem?

tiffy,
congrats on your baby boy! hey, it seems like all our tiggers so far are boys. where are the girls??

Morning ladies!!

Tiffy, congrats to the HAO word
happy.gif

hope everyone is doing fine!!

Re: school
the other day we were at temple praying, I was citing to Chloe, let's pray for your good health etc etc, kuai GAO zhang da. Then u know what she said?

Kuai Dian Shang xue!!

Is she the only one not attending any class now? *panic*

morning mummies!

cm: shoo shoo all viruses. hope C and u will get well soon!

zhenzhen: wow, very impressed w deb's gross motor skills! she may start walking by 9-10m old!

hapi_fifi: yah im using medela pump and the motor is very weak this time round compared to 2 years back.. so much so my ss also affected. thats why i stopped BF earlier this time round.:p
hows K? putting on the pounds with your breast milk?
happy.gif
how is aidan adapting to didi?

Morning Mummies!
happy.gif

hapi_fifi,
Saw Keagan's pic in FB, so handsome. He is doing great.
happy.gif

How are you coping?

chintz,
Not to worry. Young kiddos have superb imagination & they are really creative.
For me, my worry is J yet master proper pronounciation on mandarin. Speak more like a small 'potato'. So now trying to expose him more. Luckily his Chinese teacher is from China, but sad to say, he doesn't like her! Hahaha...

Mummies,
I am figuring out whether to give bb Similac or Enfalac. J started with Enfalac for 3 mths before switching to Similac. I supplement with FM for his night feeds during the 1st 5.5 mths of breastfeeding period.
Any advice?

Ecookie,
aiyo how come the medela PISA so jialat? Somemore so ex. I spent close to $700 when I bought it 2+ yrs ago, thinking it can serve me well for 2 kids. The last time I stopped breastfeeding when Aidan was around 9 mths old bcos the motor died & I had to bring it to service & then my supply also died in the meantime. So after changing new motor I thought can last me longer this time round but who knows less than a month than 'choot' pattern already.

Aidan is taking it to didi ok so far although he does shows subtle signs of jealously & doing things to attract our attention. He will go 'oh mama can carry didi so can carry Aidan too'; 'oh mama's stomach flat flat no more bb, can carry Aidan now' etc. But he still spends most of his time at my Mum's or Fil's places at the moment. If he's at home, he will insist on carrying didi or climbing up the cot to pull didi's legs! He even flung a pack of diapers into the cot (thankfully didn't hit K) while exclaiming 'didi poo poo so smelly. Change diapers!'

the other day he was quite funny. He was eating bread (folded into half with cheese in it). Then he climbed to the cot & placed the bread very near to K's face until the crumbs were falling on his face! So obviously I had to intervene & told him didi is too young to eat bread. Guess what he said? 'i'm not feeding didi. I'm taking photo of didi' wahahaa I was quite tickled

hapi fifi: hahahah aidan is so cute! yah, yz still going similar phase like aidan even now! guess they need time to adapt the new addition family member n the fact that they are no longer baby! though yz insists that we still call him baby. and yr is to be called baby didi. what a mouthful. LOL

doobom,

your leg cramps better? i feel that sleeping with socks help reduce the cramps. or you try placing a pillow underneath your calves.

have you confirmed on didi's name yet?

thanks for your compliments! i think Keagan has quite a different look from Aidan. they look alike when sleeping but once he opens his eyes, he looks totally different haha but still a gem in my eyes lah. is it normal that newborns don't have eye lashes? i can't rem if Aidan had any, but Keagan doesn't seem to have any till now! or maybe super duper short until not noticeable at all. wahahaa

my confinement lady is still around. probably leaving next week. so i'm still pretty relaxed & lazing around. main job is to express breastmilk & nap whenever i can haha. cos i know once she leaves, i might lose my sanity & be sleep deprived! K is a very slow drinker (just like Aidan used to be) so it can be really tiring feeding him cos each session takes at least an hour or more.

zhenzhen, hapififi, chintz
thanks
happy.gif

hapififi,
u make me worry abt my medela PISA. Just now quickly test the pump, still can work and hope won't give me prob in Oct.
hahaha Aidan so cute, want to take photo of didi with his bread.

re: maid
after hearing all the scary & horror stories about maids, i'm really apprehensive about hiring one. but think i might have to take the plunge soon as it seems very tough to handle both boys on my own. plus my hubby knocks off work rather late everyday. i can't even step aside one second. if i close the door to K's room, Aidan will scream & cry as he wants to see didi. but if i don't close the door & step away, Aidan might hurt K unintentionally. sigh. so tough. plus both take so long to feed. where to find so much time & hands to feed both & yet have to pump bm?

plus i'm hoping to get back to workforce (provided i can find a job! haha) so would really need a helper. my mum already so tired looking after aidan, dun think she can manage 2!

argh...decisions decisions decisions. such a headache ya?

hapi_fifi,
Yes, I wear long pants & socks to bed. Dun noe why my legs are juz so misbehaving for this pregnancy. sigh...
sad.gif

Perhaps weaker since after delivery in 07'.
Yes, more or less fixed on the pronounciation for didi's name but yet on the spelling. Few spelling of Jeryl/Jaryl/Jerel/Jerrel/Jarel/etc. So many, so cun firm up on which one yet.
happy.gif

Hahaha... Bread becomes camera. Aidan is really imaginative. But it's great. It tickled you too.
I cun really remember abt whether eye lashes on newborn are visible initially. But I do recall J is considered the more hairy type. I remembered Gingerleaf's comment about why J so young has hairy legs? Hahaha...

Gingerleaf,
U remember your comment about J's hairy legs when you were @ the back of the car with him & Lyn? During the Little Neuro Tree class times... Hahahaha...
happy.gif

hapi_fifi,
Yes, maids can be really problematic. Of coz there is pros and cons. Cun laid very high expectations on them. So long you have someone to help monitor (elders @ home/CCTV/webcam), then much safer.

tiffy,
i also tested my pump before i delivered & it worked. actually now still working but just that it's giving me lots of problems. i'm hoping i can latch K directly but so far our timing doesn't match haha when my breasts are full, he doesn't want to drink. after i expressed my bm, he would be screaming for milk. duh. hopefully when the CL leaves, we can tune back our timings haha

Good morning Mummies!

I remember Hippo organised one of the gathering at Merchant court hotel-Ellenborough Market cafe and she managed to get complimentary carpark for all of us. Anyone knows if we dine there and we ask, will they usually give this complimentary or need any tactic?? Please advise. tks.

hi mummies,

first day back at work today, and i'm sooooo sleepy. fortunately, my students are quite ok, otherwise i will surely zzzzzzzzz in front of them.

jovial, i think you were asking about medela mini electric? i tried the single one, and i didn't find it very good. prefer my avent single pump. think PISA is better, but seems like hapi fifi and ecookie also having problems with that. hmmm....

hapi fifi, i think sometimes it takes a while for eye lashes to be visible. i couldn't really see deb's eye lashes in beginning, but now they're more obvious. they're not as long as hannah's tho.

Hapififi,
aiyoh then how??? R u going to sent for servicing again since the motor is weak??? Headache prob leh.

Tiffany,
aiyoh hb also keep asking me when is our next gathering. yeah I miss the gathering at merchant court. kekeke

Back