(2007/10) October 2007 MTB

congrats to new mummies, will try to update the list ASAP.

Started work on thursday, really miss baby. 1st time express milk outside the house too, dunno issit too kan chong, took me 45 mins to express from both side to get 200ml total. So paieh as I had to occupy my supplier's big nice and clean toilet (having meeting there)
happy.gif
So decided to get a extra manual pump from forum (just managed to deal with one of the WTS mummy).

Anyone selling pigeon or avent warmer at good price and can self collect / delivery near punggol ?

Hi mummies .. I'm a MTB from dec mummies .. Just hope some mummies that gave birth at Mt A can help me with the hospital bills ..

How much do u ladies pay for natural with epidural ?

Thinking for opting 4 bedded if everything goes smoothly .. Please help me with it .. Need to prepare the money for delivery and confinement now ..

As for mummies here, anyone bought MIM Dispoable Cloth Panties ? Is it comfortable ?

Been away for a while... :)

Aiyo... the extra kgs is following me and I really wonder when I will be able to "discard" those kgs. Any mummies got idea??

up pumping milk due feeling very uncomfortable.

Re: Cranky baby,
Could it be baby is more alert liao thus did not fall asleep immediately after feed even when feeling sleepy. So he/she is looking for 'comfort' feed without the milk.
I'd tried out with Caelen and this seems to be the case.
Since I'd started feeding him EBM, I try not to let him latch unless we are outside (no need to bring bottles). If he cannot get to sleep after feed and feeling cranky, or if he like 'searching' for my breast barely half hr / 1 hr+ after feeding, I'll pop a pacifier into his mouth. If he starts to suck it, he'll fall asleep quite fast.
The only surprise thing is he can tell the difference between pacifier and breast and most of the time will reject pacifier initially until he gives up and suck.

nans, kris
same feeling here. when my temporary helper leaves after the full month, i also worry i can't handle things on my own though i've a maid but she's not v.gd in handling babies.

kris,
ur bb gd leh, only wake up once at night. how did you manage to 'train' her that its night time and should be sleeping?
happy.gif

jovial,
thanks for your advise and sharing... at how many weeks did you offer ur bb pacifier? if use pacifer, would bb be reliant on it and become difficult to wean off? just wondering...

garden,
he was 60 days old liao. Maybe that's why he knows it's not milk bottle teat or my nipple. Most of the time he'll 'reject' unless he is very tired but couldn't fall asleep.

Someone mention about fishy smell in thawed milk. That could be due to diet. You must had taken a lot of fish during that time (at time of pumping). I'd found my milk stored during confinemen fishy, but those stored later (when I don't take fish stuffs every meal) are ok.

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/milkcalc.html#calculator
<font color="ff0000">How much milk do babies need?</font>

Many mothers wonder how much expressed breastmilk they need to have available if they are away from baby.

In exclusively breastfed babies, milk intake increases quickly during the first few weeks of life, then stays about the same between one and six months (though it likely increases short term during growth spurts). Current breastfeeding research does not indicate that breastmilk intake changes with baby's age or weight between one and six months. After six months, breastmilk intake will continue at this same level until -- sometime after six months, depending in baby's intake from other foods -- baby's milk intake begins to decrease gradually (see below).

The research tells us that exclusively breastfed babies take in an average of 25 oz (750 mL) per day between the ages of 1 month and 6 months. Different babies take in different amounts of milk; a typical range of milk intakes is 19-30 oz per day (570-900 mL per day).

We can use this information to estimate the average amount of milk baby will need at a feeding:

* Estimate the number of times that baby nurses per day (24 hours).
* Then divide 25 oz by the number of nursings.
* This gives you a "ballpark" figure for the amount of expressed milk your exclusively breastfed baby will need at one feeding.

Example: If baby usually nurses around 8 times per day, you can guess that baby might need around 3 ounces per feeding when mom is away. (25/8=3.1).

<font color="ff0000">What if baby is eating solid foods?</font>

Sometime between six months and a year (as solids are introduced and slowly increased) baby's milk intake may begin to decrease, but breastmilk should provide the majority of baby's nutrition through the first year. Because of the great variability in the amount of solids that babies take during the second six months, the amount of milk will vary, too. One study found average breastmilk intake to be 30 oz per day (875 ml/day; 93% of total intake) at 7 months and 19 oz (550 ml/day; 50% of total energy intake) at 11-16 months.

Several studies have measured breastmilk intake for babies between 12 and 24 months and found typical amounts to be 14-19 oz per day (400-550 mL per day). Studies looking at breastmilk intake between 24 and 36 months have found typical amounts to be 10-12 oz per day (300-360 mL per day).

<font color="ff0000">Is baby drinking too much or too little expressed milk?</font>

Keep in mind that the amount of milk that baby takes at a particular feeding will vary, just as the amount of food and drink that an adult takes throughout the day will vary. Baby will probably not drink the same amount of milk at each feeding. Watch baby's cues instead of simply encouraging baby to finish the bottle.

If your baby is taking substantially more than the average amounts, consider the possibility that baby is being given too much milk while you are away. Things that can contribute to overfeeding include:

* Fast flow bottles. Always use the lowest flow bottle nipple that baby will tolerate.
* Using bottle feeding as the primary way to comfort baby. Some well-meaning caregivers feed baby the bottle every time he makes a sound. Use the calculator above to estimate the amount of milk that baby needs, and start with that amount. If baby still seems to be hungry, have your caregiver first check to see whether baby will settle with walking, rocking, holding, etc. before offering another ounce or two.

<font color="aa00aa">* Baby's need to suck. Babies have a very strong need to suck, and the need may be greater while mom is away (sucking is comforting to baby). A baby can control the flow of milk at the breast and will get minimal milk when he mainly needs to suck. When drinking from a bottle, baby gets a larger constant flow of milk as long as he is sucking. If baby is taking large amounts of expressed milk while you are away, you might consider encouraging baby to suck fingers or thumb, or consider using a pacifier for the times when mom is not available, to give baby something besides the bottle to satisfy his sucking needs.</font>

* If, after trying these suggestions, you're still having a hard time pumping enough milk, see I'm not pumping enough milk. What can I do?

If baby is taking significantly less expressed milk than the average, it could be that baby is reverse-cycling, where baby takes just enough milk to "take the edge off" his hunger, then waits for mom to return to get the bulk of his calories. Baby will typically nurse more often and/or longer than usual once mom returns. Some mothers encourage reverse cycling so they won't need to pump as much milk. Reverse cycling is common for breastfed babies, especially those just starting out with the bottle.

If your baby is reverse cycling, here are a few tips:

* Be patient. Try not to stress about it. Consider it a compliment - baby prefers you!
* Use small amounts of expressed milk per bottle so there is less waste.
* If you're worrying that baby can't go that long without more milk, keep in mind that some babies sleep through the night for 8 hours or so without mom needing to worry that baby is not eating during that time period. Keep an eye on wet diapers and weight gain to assure yourself that baby is getting enough milk.
* Ensure that baby has ample chance to nurse when you're together.

<font color="ff0000">Other ways of estimating milk intake</font>

There are various ways of estimating the amount of milk intake related to the weight of the baby and the age of the baby, based upon formula intake - research has shown that after the early weeks these methods overestimate the amount of milk that baby actually needs. These are the estimates that we used for breastfed babies for years, with the caveat that most breastfed babies don't take as much expressed milk as estimated by these methods. Current research tells us that breastmilk intake is quite constant after the first month and does not appreciably increase with age or weight, so the current findings are validating what moms and lactation counselors have observed all along.

my bb also sucks the pacifier then 'spits' it out. my CL said it is cos he doesnt know how to suck a pacifier. we just have to keep holding it in. when he learnt how to suck it, he can suck till he falls asleep then the pacifier will drop out. =D

2nd day of tending to bb. for these 2 hours, no mil, no maid. just me and bb. he is half awake half asleep.

garden_dreamz, i just got my maid. so have to train her from scratch. i try not to let my maid handle the bb. she simply handles the housework in the house, and maybe cooking. =D

hi all ya nan's CL is right bb dun no how to use pacifier so got to hold on for them ...

when for bb's ject on last friday bb was 5.432kg so he puts on abt 1kg every 3weeks ... my bb takes very little milk hmm abt 80ml every meals and the interval is like 3-7hrs depends on bb's sleep but 7hrs interval is in the day ok not at night ...

hi jovial
I've delivered my bb girl on Oct 20, induced via natural w/o epi delivery. Weighing 2.6kg, 47cm in length

My milk supply is horribly low and my breasts don't even feel engorged which makes me worry cos tat shows breast is not full of milk. Currently, feeding my girl on FM. Occasionally i'll try to put her on BF but don't think she is latching on properly as she will get hungry real soon. Really envy those mummies that have ample / overflowing supply for their babies.

starzzz,
1st one to two weeks, most don't feel engorged don't worry. just keep feeding and let baby stimulate the supply.

Garden_dreamz, I never train leh. My baby is naturally quite awake during the day and sleeps well during the night except on certain ocassion like last night. Think she had a nightmare, woke up, and kept crying.

My mummy and hubby don't let me use the pacifier leh. Wished I could. Even bought two Nuk pacifiers. They are not the ones taking care so easy for them to say don't use loh.
sad.gif

My CL leaving in 3 hours time. Sob Sob. Probably won't be able to log in as often liao.

what do u mummies do with the bb when they are awake? where do you put the bb? my bb when awake in his cot seems to regurgitate milk most of the time. then i feel must carry him but not good to keep carrying right? what can we do with them?

Kris, maybe you can tell your hubby and mil if baby cry too much his tummy will have a lot of wind...it's ok to use pacifier at times rite?

nans...when he is awake i sometimes put him in the bouncy chair/carry him and play/talk/sing songs to him until he gets drowsy...esp after feeds i try not to put him totally flat lying down coz he tends to puke milk also...for me i believe infants need lotsa love n security so im not averse to carrying him loh.

just wanna ask the mummies here, what are your childcare arrangements when u go back to work? esp for those who don't have parents/in laws to help look after?

i'm having a dilemma now: whether to (1)engage a babysitter and bring baby there every morning and back at nite...which costs $550-600 a mth, or (2)put my babe at my mom's place where her maid can look after. second option is definitely much cheaper, but only my dad is home in the day and he would be catching up on his sleep most times...dunno safe or not...somemore i dun think she has experience looking after infants coz she's really young.

any input?

Hi Karrie...
I'm also in the same situation as u now..
Just employed a maid, but she keeps carrying the bb. Sigh~ Even engaging a baby sitter might be difficult also as bb sitter dun noe good or not somemore.

hello ppl, baby xavier been very cranky last night... woke up almost every half an hour crying.. and dunno what he wan... fed him, changed him, give him water.. within mins, he is awake again... in the end, i have to carry him in my arms and slp together...

lately he's been farting alot! is it becos of the wind in his tummy? or too cold the room?

hello mummies, i m engaging a baby sitter who lives near my place..few roads away... ard $500/nmth....is my fren's auntie..will bring bb there in mrg n bring him home after work lo..
only weekdays...

i m not intending to get a maid cos wan privacy at home still lo..

frostyfiona, my bb oso sometimes fart alot... asked PD n she told me its good tt bb can let out excess gas in his tummy.. else will get bloated stomach... think these gas comes from foood we eat too tt is passed down to babies thru breastmilk lo...
shouod be nothing to worry as long as bb tummy doesnt look bloated and uncomfy..

<font size="+1"><u><font color="ff6000">Congratulations to all our Mommies-to-be & Mommies</font></u></font>

<font size="+1"><font color="aa00aa">Mummy, Give Birth Liao ?!?!?!</font></font>
<table border=1><tr><td>Mommy</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Babys Name</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celeste</TD><TD>24 Sep</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Viola</TD><TD>3 Oct</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mary Tan</TD><TD>4 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Dr Ann Hui Yuen</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>San Kyu</TD><TD>4 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Dr Ann Hui Yuen</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ong</TD><TD>5 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joanne</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>October mother</TD><TD>12 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Dr Lim Boon Huay</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Travis </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jaslyn Lim</TD><TD>15 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr A L Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Miumiu</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>David Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Clari</TD><TD>18 Oct</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Vera </TD></TR><TR><TD>Linda Huin</TD><TD>19 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Grace</TD><TD>22 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr H Y Ang</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ponponta</TD><TD>23 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Dr SB Soon</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>JoJo(fighter)</TD><TD>23 Oct</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr Quek</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bonnie</TD><TD>23 Oct</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr Chris Chong</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amy Wang</TD><TD>23 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chintz</TD><TD>25 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> Chloe Lim </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nonoelle</TD><TD>26 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr Gordon Tan</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serene</TD><TD>26 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Dr Vincent Lee</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Gabriel Wei </TD></TR><TR><TD>GollyGEEgirlie</TD><TD>28 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>I'm A Mummy</TD><TD>28 Oct</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Su Huang</TD><TD>30 Oct</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Dr Tan HK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
<font color="aa00aa">22 Overdue ???</font>

<font size="+1"><font color="0077aa">Still Counting Down </font></font>
<table border=1><tr><td>Mommy</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Babys Name</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Biji</TD><TD>31 Oct</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Butterfly123</TD><TD>31 oct</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>Dr Mary Yang</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn Warren</TD><TD>31 Oct</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Ms Ebens</TD><TD>London</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Eufrasia</TD><TD>1 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Velvet</TD><TD>2 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr M Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Karine Loo</td></tr></table>
<font color="0077aa">5 still counting</font>

<font size="+1"><u><font color="0000ff">Congratulations to all Graduate Mummies!!...Did I miss out anyone ???</font></u></font>
<table border=1><tr><td>Mommy</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Actual DD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Babys Name</TD><TD>Baby's weight/length</TD><TD>Mode of delivery</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jovial</TD><TD>26 Sep</TD><TD>25 Aug</TD><TD>Dr Chen CY</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Caelan Javier Lim Cong</TD><TD>2.675kg/49cm</TD><TD>E Epi C-Section. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Irene</TD><TD>11 Oct</TD><TD>3 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Peter Chew</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Chloe</TD><TD>1.752kg/44cm</TD><TD>GA C-section. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celcel89</TD><TD>3 Oct</TD><TD>5 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Loke KL</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Cedrick Tan</TD><TD>1.840kg/46cm</TD><TD>GA C-Section. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sharon</TD><TD>27 Sep</TD><TD>11 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Carlson Lee Zi Yang</TD><TD>3.540kg/52cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Annie</TD><TD>2 Oct</TD><TD>14 Sep</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Kayden Toh</TD><TD>3.050kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vox
new.gif
</TD><TD>27 Oct</TD><TD>15 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Thong</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2.1kg/46cm</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiffany</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>17 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Peter Chew</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Andrea Seah</TD><TD>2.450kg/--</TD><TD>GA C-section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Denise</TD><TD>2 Oct</TD><TD>18 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lee LC</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Natasha</TD><TD>2.875kg/46cm</TD><TD>C-section. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Denise</TD><TD>2 Oct</TD><TD>18 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lee LC</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Melinda</TD><TD>2.910kg/47cm</TD><TD>C-section. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chris</TD><TD>28 Sep</TD><TD>20 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Choon Yap Seng</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Brigton Brahm Ong</TD><TD>2.834kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural water birth </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doobom</TD><TD>4 Oct</TD><TD>20 Sep</TD><TD>Prof Tay S K</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>C-section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sunshinegal</TD><TD>10 Oct</TD><TD>21 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Mary Yang</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Xavier</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>C-section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Clee</TD><TD>3 Oct</TD><TD>21 Sep</TD><TD>Dr CH Koh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Raine Chew</TD><TD>3.500kg/52cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sabrina</TD><TD>13 Oct</TD><TD>21 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Wong Mum Tat</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Natalie Yeo</TD><TD>2.465kg/--</TD><TD>C-section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Patrina</TD><TD>22 Sep</TD><TD>21 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Kaelyn Chong</TD><TD>3.355kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yen</TD><TD>7 Oct</TD><TD>22 Sep</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2.700kg/--</TD><TD>C-section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mui</TD><TD>17 Oct</TD><TD>22 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Cathryn Chan</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2.800kg/--</TD><TD>Epi C-section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Junnie</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>25 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Ann Tan</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Lance</TD><TD>2.55kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vicki</TD><TD>6 Oct</TD><TD>25 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong/Dr Irene Chua</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Benedict Na</TD><TD>3.486kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Liu Peifen</TD><TD>5 Oct</TD><TD>26 Sep</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Prinzton Sim</TD><TD>3.35kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural with gas </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyce</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>27 Sep</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Jarrett Aw</TD><TD>3.395kg/--</TD><TD>Epi C-section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinky</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>28 Sep</TD><TD>Dr CH Koh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>2.425kg/47cm</TD><TD>Epi C-section </TD></TR><TR><TD>CIN</TD><TD>2 Oct</TD><TD>25 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Choong Guan Wen</TD><TD>3.28kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Totoro_bb</TD><TD>3 Oct</TD><TD>28 Sep</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>3.5kg/51cm</TD><TD>E C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Triniti</TD><TD>11 Oct</TD><TD>28 Sep</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Anders Philip</TD><TD>3.12kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural with gas </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nans</TD><TD>11 Oct</TD><TD>29 Sep</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Benedict</TD><TD>3.42kg/50cm</TD><TD>E C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ivy</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>30 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Oei Pau Lin</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Ng Zhen Yong</TD><TD>3.81kg/52cm</TD><TD>Natural </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gingerleaf</TD><TD>1 Oct</TD><TD>1 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>3.26kg/50cm</TD><TD>Epi C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kris</TD><TD>18 Oct</TD><TD>1 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Kaelyn Phua</TD><TD>3.01kg/--</TD><TD>Natural with assist </TD></TR><TR><TD>JoshMummy</TD><TD>17 Oct</TD><TD>1 Oct</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Jerric Chiew</TD><TD>2.9kg/47cm</TD><TD>Natural </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jessica Goh</TD><TD>12 Oct</TD><TD>1 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Wah</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>He Cheng Jun</TD><TD>3.31kg/--</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn</TD><TD>14 Oct</TD><TD>2 Oct</TD><TD>Dr K J Lim</TD><TD>JB</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2.85kg/--</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Deedy</TD><TD>20 Oct</TD><TD>2 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Eron Wong</TD><TD>3.01kg/51cm</TD><TD>E Epi C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zhen zhen</TD><TD>15 Oct</TD><TD>3 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Esther Ng</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Hannah Lum Si-En</TD><TD>3.1kg/50cm</TD><TD>E Epi C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ling(piggy)</TD><TD>11 Oct</TD><TD>3 Oct</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>3.175kg/48cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angelzwynd</TD><TD>3 Oct</TD><TD>4 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Valerice Tan</TD><TD>3.15kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serene(happy_mtb)</TD><TD>25 Oct</TD><TD>4 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Suresh Nair</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Kester Tan</TD><TD>2.78kg/52cm</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fifi</TD><TD>23 Oct</TD><TD>7 Oct</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Clare</TD><TD>2.93kg/48cm</TD><TD>Epi C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Frostyfiona</TD><TD>26 Oct</TD><TD>6 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Don Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Xavier Tan</TD><TD>2.93kg/48cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Perlicia</TD><TD>14 Oct</TD><TD>7 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Raphael</TD><TD>3.04kg/48cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hippo18</TD><TD>17 Oct</TD><TD>8 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Adrienne Wee</TD><TD>3.515kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jeddie</TD><TD>4 Oct</TD><TD>8 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Sara</TD><TD>3.375kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural </TD></TR><TR><TD>Augbaby</TD><TD>22 Oct</TD><TD>8 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jazzele</TD><TD>3.14kg/--</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wenwen</TD><TD>26 Oct</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Marcus Lee</TD><TD>3.285kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural with assist </TD></TR><TR><TD>Steve</TD><TD>11 Oct</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>Suzie</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Aziz Sujak</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Nyra Sofina</TD><TD>2.66kg/48cm</TD><TD>Natural </TD></TR><TR><TD>Helen</TD><TD>11 Oct</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>Dr YC Goh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Javier Ng</TD><TD>2.985kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joycelyn Tan</TD><TD>15 Oct</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Kaelan Tan</TD><TD>2.95kg/49cm</TD><TD>Epi C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lavendar_lover
new.gif
</TD><TD>17 Oct</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>3.47kg/52cm</TD><TD>Natural with gas & pethindine </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leona Wong(Twinkle Star)
new.gif
</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Garina Peck</TD><TD>3.005kg/50cm</TD><TD>E C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dodo</TD><TD>22 Oct</TD><TD>10 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Anderson Poh</TD><TD>3.295kg/50cm</TD><TD>E C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>San</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>10 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Clarisse Ong</TD><TD>3.2kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Oct_07 Mummy</TD><TD>7 Oct</TD><TD>10 Oct</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Owen Woo</TD><TD>3.364kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural with assist </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jacq
new.gif
</TD><TD>13 Oct</TD><TD>10 Oct</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Clare</TD><TD>3.14kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural with assist </TD></TR><TR><TD>Valerie</TD><TD>23 Oct</TD><TD>11 Oct</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Megan</TD><TD>3.4kg/--</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sugar Nut</TD><TD>20 Oct</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>Dr HC Han</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>3.19kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karrie</TD><TD>22 Oct</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>Dr TB Lim</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Matthias Goh</TD><TD>3.2kg/--</TD><TD>Epi C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Qoobee</TD><TD>31 Oct</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Jaron Lim</TD><TD>3.44kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ling(ling)
new.gif
</TD><TD>22 Oct</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Adrian B Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2.98kg/48cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Unice</TD><TD>28 Oct</TD><TD>17 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sean Tan</TD><TD>3.03kg/47cm</TD><TD>Natural Epi Assist </TD></TR><TR><TD>Garden_Dreamz</TD><TD>25 Oct</TD><TD>18 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Peng Hong</TD><TD>2.74kg/48cm</TD><TD>Natural Epi Assist </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sanbebe</TD><TD>28 Oct</TD><TD>18 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Tanny Chan</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Javier Tan</TD><TD>2.92kg/50cm</TD><TD>C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babywoes</TD><TD>20 Oct</TD><TD>19 Oct</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>3.27kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Netty
new.gif
</TD><TD>12 Oct</TD><TD>19 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Annette Chan</TD><TD>3.87kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural with Assist </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aria jo
new.gif
</TD><TD>17 Oct</TD><TD>19 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Watt</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Aria Ng</TD><TD>3.53kg/54cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheval
new.gif
</TD><TD>27 Oct</TD><TD>20 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Ann Tan</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Basil</TD><TD>2.825kg/--</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starzzz
new.gif
</TD><TD>17 Oct</TD><TD>20 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Grace</TD><TD>2.6kg/47cm</TD><TD>Natural </TD></TR><TR><TD>YL
new.gif
</TD><TD>20 Oct</TD><TD>21 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>3.15kg/--</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiffy
new.gif
</TD><TD>28 Oct</TD><TD>25 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sherry Tee</TD><TD>2.78kg/48cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bbunny</TD><TD>24 Oct</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>DR LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>3kg/--</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hi all
happy.gif

kai, starzzz..congrats..

netty..Annette sooo cute
happy.gif

sanbebe..i used 'S' teats initally then he takes 'ages'(more than half hr) to finish the milk so changed to 'M' (slightly better if he dun fall asleep, abt 15-20mins to finish)...

jovial.. so fast your ML over & gone to work liao? time really flies man.... me like to look fwd yet v scare same time, cos once working.... then come bk need to 'settle' 2 kids, really v tiring...w the pacifier..caelen looks like 'bigger boy' alr
happy.gif

garden_dreamz...i offer my bb pacifier & sarong since the day he's back fm hospital.. cos bo bian, he keeps crying duno wat he wants and my mum keep 'nagging' if i dun gv cos she said 'wind' will get in if bb keeps crying for long time.. hiaz... so now whenever he cranky, i gv pacifier.. but when he really hungry & time not up yet, pacifier also 'no cure'.. end up got to feed him... when he's alseep, the pacifier will 'auto throw out'... w my experience fm my gal, she mananged to gv up pacifier abt 2yrs, i thot will hv 'hard time' too, fortunately, she took 3 days to let it go... i also anti-pacifier type, but when i went to polyclinic many years bk during my gal time, i remember one of the senior nurses said no harm giving cranky bb pacifier tat'll sooth them as well as make us less stress, sure got a way to wean it off (same as sarong) jus a matter of time...

kris & nans..dun worry, 'chuang dao qiao tou zi ran zhi'...hv to plan our schedule according to bb's pattern lor, i also same same when CL left 25/10... u all got maid luckier - got ppl help w house chores...me got to 'bao-ga-liao'
sad.gif

nans...may b u try to burb bb often, i used to leave my bb either on bed, mattress, playpen, rocker, sarong...everywhere as long visible to me whether he's awake/asleep... i'll carry him oni when he's cranky (esp not to feeding time yet)... but when i went bk to inlaw plc, MIL/SIL will carry him no matter he's crying/sleeping or not, which makes
angry.gif

karrie...fyi my mum is also working so nobody @home not safe to engage maid, so my bb will go nanny hse (just 1 floor different fm mine) 8+am to b4 7pm Mon-Fri, Sat half day...cost $530/mth then add $20 after six mths when bb takes solid food)..is better to bring bb home daily if possible.. if your maid not experience in handling infant, i suggest u shd consider 1st option unless your parent can keep a-lookout.

For mummies looking for bbsitter around redhill area, i can recommend my SIL (a SAHM in mid 40s with 2 gals alr in P5 & P6 so got free time to bbsit), interested can PM me.

frosty,
Is he feeding well? might want to check if he got blocked nose. Blocked nose will cause difficulty in sleeping (lie flat) but able to to breathe better when carried.

Put a small glass / mirror in front of nose and check for vapour if very little,chances are nose is blocked better to go DOC asap. Would suggest KKH child emergency. Charges is $75nett and they got to equipment to clear the blockage.

frosty & unice.. my bb on total FM also got lots of wind in tummy, hv to keep applying oil and burb him after every feed... i bought Infacol wind drop fm pharmacy & gv bb last few days if not he'll keep crying esp when he wanna pass motion, my nanny said too much wind in tummy liao.. then my mum bought the bitterleave (get the juice) and rub with ru yi oil which helps ease the discomfort in him..

gingerleaf.... duno which is better, i jus bought cos my gal last time also use Infacol... infact when i brought bb to polyclinic for bloodtest 2 wks ago, i did request doctor to prescribe wind drop since bb throw out milk on/off, but he so reluctant keep saying not necessary jus gv proper burbing will do.. may b u cud chk w your PD...

Seems like many of us have the same problems with cranky or wakeful babies... What I, my hubby and in-laws do whenever baby is like this is to carry her - we all cannot bear to leave her upset lor... My baby has her good days and bad days. Today is a bad day. She refuses to sleep much after each feed even though she's tired. When she got cranky after I carried her for a while, I passed her to my father-in-law. In the early days, I got upset when my in-laws were able to comfort her when I couldn't. But now, I feel thankful that I have them to help me! I think old people really know how to handle babies better...

hi all mummies..

to those who graduated, CONGRATZ!!! =)

no time to log in and post also..

jovial, my baby has got blocked nose too. brought her to 2 docs but think cos itz quite normal for them to be blocked and they never suggest to help baby clear the nose.. haiz.. so poor thing to hear her breathe so hard.. KKH will definitely clear e blockage? but wun it come back? cos we hv helped her clear e nose quite a number of times but it keeps coming back.. sigh...

sniff. my bb just regurgitated milk just now too. just now when burp him, 1 mouthful of milk flowed out. i realise when my bb sleeps, he does not regurgitate much milk, but when he is awake, the chances of him regurgitating milk is much more. so lesson learnt: when bb is awake, have to carry him more. peng san!

hippo18,
If the blockage i quite bad (hardly any vapour when you do the glass / mirror test) KKH definately will clear for you. After that,they gave me some sodium chloride and a decongestant. You'll have to check baby's nose and observe baby and give the decongestant. Do be careful when you clear the nose yourself as theirs nose is tiny and sensitive, so when you try to clear for him/her, you couldn't stimulate the nose to produce more mucus. you might accidentally go too deep in too.

sorry for mia so long :p

Congrats to all mummy who has given birth.
happy.gif

Ive given birth to my 2nd princess Vera on 26Oct. Admitted to TMC on 25th for induction. Gynea inserted the pressary at 1230noon and i gave birth on 26th slightly after 2am. Didint opt for any pain relieve.

Vera is 3.675kg, 51cm long and 35cm for head
happy.gif

jovial, i think baby xavier have blocked nose cos can hear him breathing very loud. but what to do? how to clear that? is it becos he is slping in the air con room? he's feeding well i would say... but sometimes he just latch on for 5 mins then Zzzzzzz.....

junnie, ya, baby xavier will like cry and make a big fuss, next thing you know, he start farting away or poo poo... then he keep quiet after he's done.. i keep putting the ru yi oil for him leh... almost finishing one bottle liao..

Hi all,
My bb also cranky... sigh~ dun noe what to do with her too. She doesnt burp. And i tried all sorts of methods liao.. Even shifted her cot position today to see if it works. These few days very irregular feeding time and amt too. Sigh~

Hi Fiona,
For blocked nose.. Chloe has it too.. So i will cotton buds to help her dig.. Errm.. those thin small ones.. not the big ones though.. it helps clear her passageway. Though, will wait for her to kinda of like breathe it out, or very near the hole then use the cotton bud.

thanks for the info Jovial.. think i will bring bb to KKH 2mro for a check cos she sounds hoarse also.. oh my.. and the doc i seen previously gave me a decongestant which can only be used for max 5 days.. poor bb.. gotta hear her breathing so heavily..

Grace, i also try to use the cotton bud to clear for her but she gets irritated after awhile and i m scared to probe.. it helps only temporarily and i have to clear her nose few times a day. haiz..

Hi mummies,

Realized that most of us are actually having the same problem

* Blocked nose (PD says it's ok if she breath and sounds like a pig sometimes .. so far, din do anything to it) BTW, bb sleeping at aircon also.
* Cranky even though they are fed, changed!! Needs to carry to sleep.....etc
* spill/vomit out milk
* who to take care of bb when we go back to work! (how to find a nanny that we can trust!! Any recommendation in SengKang area??)

my bb also will chock herself when she drink milk esp. in the begining when she sucks vigorously and too much milk flow out from the teats. I think she thought that it's my breast and hence there is no problem sucking the way she did ... hiaz .... must have really confused her with the breastfeeding and bottle feeding!!

Today, I have also changed the teat size to M as it seems that the S size takes too long to feed and end up she would fall asleep halfway and refuse to eat anymore. At least now, she managed to finish her 130ml for at least 2 to 3 feeds today!

BTW, anyone having problem feeding bottle to your bb. Sometimes, I realized that she will reject and move and jerk alot when I try to feed her bottle but when someone else takes over, she would just lie there nicely!! Am thinking she wanted me to breastfeed her instead of bottle but I don't have enough milk and she would suck, unlatched and cry at those times ...

congrats to the mummies who have popped!
happy.gif

Jovial, Nans, junnie,
had a bad day again yesterday. bb was inconsolable. my helper tried everything but he still cried non-stop, even though diaper/milk checks had been done. finally caved in to pacifier n sarong. called hubby to buy pacifier. didn't know which to buy, bought both - one which he spit out immediately coz mayb too hard, another which after a few attempts seem to take to it.

sigh... resigned myself that he needs a pacifier lah, after seeing him sucking quietly away. mayb its genes - his daddy n mummy both had pacifiers while they were young, so he followed in our footsteps! :D

also had a bouncing chair n sarong on standby. its deperate mummy mode now... whatever that can calm his cries, will go for it...

n i used to b anti-formula,pacifier,sarong,etc kind of person. everything all refused, tot its better for the bb. but seeing him cry n cry, all my determination just went with the wind! learning point - what i think is good may not be what the bb thinks. guess i've to really give in to him, whether i like it or not! but at least seeing him calm down is a consolation for me...

junnie,
thanks a million for sharing your experience with me. i in same situation like you, my mum also kept advising me not to let bb cry,etc n to resort to pacifier n sarong. resisted until finally gave in yesterday...

re: infacol wind drops.
we bought a bottle but instructions specify that its to be used on 1 mth old bb n above. can few weeks old bb use it or better to wait till 1 mth old?

valerie,
me too. whatever help that comes, be it in-laws, friends or family members, whoever can come by n help carry bb a while n bb can settle down, i'm more than happy. n i used to think i can handle things on my own!!! :D

totoro,
i've so far tasked out bottle feeding to others coz i feel that babies can smell us mummies n may wan the 'real thing' whenever we hold them. so i leave the bottle-feeding to others so bb will not be distracted by mummies smell. but not sure if my theory is correct. perhaps other mummies have their input on this?

Back