(2007/10) October 2007 MTB

ya sean likes to be carried to sleep sometimes...
once put him down on cot, he will wake up again n want to suck only for a little while. (think jialat liao..my nipples become pacifier liao)then will fall asleep on my arms.

but if he is sleepy, he will lie on his cot and kick around, then slowly fall to sleep by himself..occasionally making funny stretching noises...(once he make some noise, me n hubby will freeze and pray hard tt he will fall back to sleep)

Hi all, been a while since I posted! and "great" to hear that we all have similar problems.

Haven't posted for the longest time cos was trying to get use to the NEW life and schedules and mind-numbing cycles of feeding, diapering and trying to bond with bb!

I delivered Karine on 16 Oct weighing in at 3.73kg. As she had jaundice (had to rent the phototheraby box thingy for 3D2N in her 2nd week), now on formula and BF. dun dare to put her on TBF yet.

Now at 4 weeks, her intake is about 90-100ml per 3 hrs and BF abt 10-15mins one side. She'll stop sucking and spit out nipple after that and dun want to take the other side. I guess she's had enuf, anyone with similar exp?

Noticed that many bbs hv the pimples, mine also, so is it really the milk rash? Here's a pic...
1071629.jpg
1071630.jpg

hi dear Oct mummies,
Can i join this thread too? I just deliver my baby boy on the 12th Oct...have been following this thread occasionally and learn alot from all of you...Thanks so much!

Just to enquire if any mummies staying in Jurong west has any recommendation for a good PD at the same area. Need to bring bb for his 1st jab next Friday...

nans,

I also have the same problem! My baby gets cranky from 8am - 9pm!!! I'm like on full-time shift! He hardly sleeps in the afternoon. Night time, he sleeps longer waking up only for feeds every 4 hours. If bb active but not crying still ok. But he's wide awake and crying aiyoh...headache...

aria,

yea...I think my baby also have colic.
sad.gif
But is your baby crying all the time and look like in pain? If not, then it may not be colic. I'm also thinking of bringing my bb to see the doc and at the same time get the jab. sigh...

Hi karrie

i call my MIL to the pharmacy and buy the Jorubi Aloe Vera Gel but the pharmacist refuse to sell to her once she gets to know that the gel is for the newborn bb. THe pharmacist says the gel is too strong for newborn

In the end, she came back with Calamine lotion.

jessica, kiddy palace `sells jorubi aloe vera gel too... i used it on Sean n the white oil clots reduced in size b4 disappearing...
Dap a thin layer only mah..very strong meh? hmmmm

S@l n Jovial,
I've juz tried Alfalfa with fenugreek yesterday. 1 capsule of each after meals 3 times a day. Still not sure abt the effect. Will update again. But i've researched and people have been taking the 2 plus blessed thistle for better effect but i've not tried. How much did u pay for the blessed thistle? How did u find the effect? Yah, i'm also very keen to try all methods to increase supply.

By the way, my BB is drinkin 150ml sometimes cos when i went to my PD he says that the guideline for milk intake is accordin to BB's weight. i.e if he is 4 kg he'll take 4 ounces, 5kg take 5 ounces so if lookin at the bottle, 5 ounces is abt 150ml. So that's the rough guide.

Hey Jessica,

Oh the gel too strong 4 newborn? I just got my hb to get it 4 me and I've applied the gel on my bb's face 4 2 days already. Yesterday I applied very lightly on his face but hoping to get rid of the spots asap, I applied quite a lot this morning. Hopefully he can take it.....

hi mummies,
today's topic on cranky babies? think mine has no pattern whatsoever, till now can't identify or predict when is his quiet moments. everyday is different. :D he's very sensitive to sudden movements and will wake up very easily. when he's cranky, he takes a long long time to settle down. carry n rock also cry non-stop. pacifier and sarong also dun work. sometimes can cry until no voice. n its not coz he hungry, wet diapers, too hot/cold,etc. immediately after his milk, he can cry alr. my temporary helper does most of the carrying and pacifying coz once me or my hubby take over, his crying escalates n harder to calm him down.. at times i worry if i'm not doing my best to bond with him, as i hardly can carry or cuddle him without him being fussy. the most i can do is do change his diapers, sing n talk to him when there's short quiet moments in between his fussing, though i really wish that i'm able to calm him down in my own arms, without relying on the helper.

also, hardly latch him on nowadays coz of his long fussy periods and when i try to latch him on, he gets very fussy n frustrated. so i really dunno how best to handle him...

a few of you mention about colic, i dun think my bb has that coz i touch his tummy, no wind leh, he just wants to cry non-stop or must always have people around then he ok (for a while). motherhood is so so tough...

Unice,
My bb is like yours too. Take my nipple as pacifier. Sometimes i tot he's hungry end up he sucks a few mouth then fall asleep on his cranky days, i'll be like lifting weights keep carrying him up n down cos he'll wake up n cry once he sense he's on bed. Sigh... sometimes no choice but to give him pacifier even though initially i was quite against it.

Any1 has bb who strains alot n makes alot of noise even while asleep?

CiN, at least ur bb like pacifier....when mine sucks on pacifier, n no milk comes out of it, he cries even more haha....
Sean oso makes alot of funny noises when sleeping...stretching noise, sometimes 1-2 sounds of cries,'trying to shit' noise.

garden_dreamz, i read from one article - must go find it n post here....that our babies r cranky now because they r affected during our late stages of pregnancy...esp if we went through much stress eg.at work etc.our stress levels will affect babies when they r borned....dunno how true la...

unice, cin, bbwow, all...

my bb tends to stretch a lot! and makes a lot of sound when stretching! my in laws thought it is very unusual for bbs to stretch and sound like dat. so i guess it is normal now eh? lol

lucky for me...i have mil who comes over every day to help out with bb in the aft. else i sure die one. hb carry bb no good...he perspires so much! in the end, bb wet by him rather than by his own tears....sighs..

<font size="+1"><u><font color="ff6000">Congratulations to all our Mommies-to-be & Mommies</font></u></font>

<font color="ff0000">Latest update from 21st to 27th October 07</font>

<font size="+1"><font color="aa00aa">Mummy, Give Birth Liao ?!?!?!</font></font>
<table border=1><tr><td>Mommy</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Babys Name</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celeste</TD><TD>24 Sep</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Viola</TD><TD>3 Oct</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mary Tan</TD><TD>4 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Dr Ann Hui Yuen</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>San Kyu</TD><TD>4 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Dr Ann Hui Yuen</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ong</TD><TD>5 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joanne</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>October mother</TD><TD>12 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Dr Lim Boon Huay</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Travis </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jaslyn Lim</TD><TD>15 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr A L Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Miumiu</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>David Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Linda Huin</TD><TD>19 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>JoJo(fighter)</TD><TD>23 Oct</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr Quek</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bonnie</TD><TD>23 Oct</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr Chris Chong</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amy Wang</TD><TD>23 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nonoelle</TD><TD>26 Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr Gordon Tan</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>I'm A Mummy</TD><TD>28 Oct</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Su Huang</TD><TD>30 Oct</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Dr Tan HK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Butterfly123</TD><TD>31 oct</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>Dr Mary Yang</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn Warren</TD><TD>31 Oct</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Ms Ebens</TD><TD>London</TD><TD>.. </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

<font size="+1"><u><font color="0000ff">Congratulations to all Graduate Mummies!!...Did I miss out anyone ???</font></u></font>
<table border=1><tr><td>Mommy</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Actual DD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Babys Name</TD><TD>Baby's weight/length</TD><TD>Mode of delivery</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jovial</TD><TD>26 Sep</TD><TD>25 Aug</TD><TD>Dr Chen CY</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Caelan Javier Lim Cong</TD><TD>2.675kg/49cm</TD><TD>E Epi C-Section. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Irene</TD><TD>11 Oct</TD><TD>3 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Peter Chew</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Chloe</TD><TD>1.752kg/44cm</TD><TD>GA C-section. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celcel89</TD><TD>3 Oct</TD><TD>5 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Loke KL</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Cedrick Tan</TD><TD>1.840kg/46cm</TD><TD>GA C-Section. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sharon</TD><TD>27 Sep</TD><TD>11 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Carlson Lee Zi Yang</TD><TD>3.540kg/52cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Annie</TD><TD>2 Oct</TD><TD>14 Sep</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Kayden Toh</TD><TD>3.050kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vox</TD><TD>27 Oct</TD><TD>15 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Thong</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2.1kg/46cm</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiffany</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>17 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Peter Chew</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Andrea Seah</TD><TD>2.450kg/--</TD><TD>GA C-section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Denise</TD><TD>2 Oct</TD><TD>18 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lee LC</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Natasha</TD><TD>2.875kg/46cm</TD><TD>C-section. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Denise</TD><TD>2 Oct</TD><TD>18 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lee LC</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Melinda</TD><TD>2.910kg/47cm</TD><TD>C-section. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chris</TD><TD>28 Sep</TD><TD>20 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Choon Yap Seng</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Brigton Brahm Ong</TD><TD>2.834kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural water birth </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doobom</TD><TD>4 Oct</TD><TD>20 Sep</TD><TD>Prof Tay S K</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>C-section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sunshinegal</TD><TD>10 Oct</TD><TD>21 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Mary Yang</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Xavier</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>C-section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Clee</TD><TD>3 Oct</TD><TD>21 Sep</TD><TD>Dr CH Koh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Raine Chew</TD><TD>3.500kg/52cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sabrina</TD><TD>13 Oct</TD><TD>21 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Wong Mum Tat</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Natalie Yeo</TD><TD>2.465kg/--</TD><TD>C-section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Patrina</TD><TD>22 Sep</TD><TD>21 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Kaelyn Chong</TD><TD>3.355kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yen</TD><TD>7 Oct</TD><TD>22 Sep</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2.700kg/--</TD><TD>C-section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mui</TD><TD>17 Oct</TD><TD>22 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Cathryn Chan</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2.800kg/--</TD><TD>Epi C-section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Junnie</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>25 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Ann Tan</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Lance</TD><TD>2.55kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vicki</TD><TD>6 Oct</TD><TD>25 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong/Dr Irene Chua</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Benedict Na</TD><TD>3.486kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Liu Peifen</TD><TD>5 Oct</TD><TD>26 Sep</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Prinzton Sim</TD><TD>3.35kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural with gas </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyce</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>27 Sep</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Jarrett Aw</TD><TD>3.395kg/--</TD><TD>Epi C-section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinky</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>28 Sep</TD><TD>Dr CH Koh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>2.425kg/47cm</TD><TD>Epi C-section </TD></TR><TR><TD>CIN</TD><TD>2 Oct</TD><TD>25 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Choong Guan Wen</TD><TD>3.28kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Totoro_bb</TD><TD>3 Oct</TD><TD>28 Sep</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>3.5kg/51cm</TD><TD>E C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Triniti</TD><TD>11 Oct</TD><TD>28 Sep</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Anders Philip</TD><TD>3.12kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural with gas </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nans</TD><TD>11 Oct</TD><TD>29 Sep</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Benedict</TD><TD>3.42kg/50cm</TD><TD>E C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ivy</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>30 Sep</TD><TD>Dr Oei Pau Lin</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Ng Zhen Yong</TD><TD>3.81kg/52cm</TD><TD>Natural </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gingerleaf</TD><TD>1 Oct</TD><TD>1 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>3.26kg/50cm</TD><TD>Epi C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kris</TD><TD>18 Oct</TD><TD>1 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Kaelyn Phua</TD><TD>3.01kg/--</TD><TD>Natural with assist </TD></TR><TR><TD>JoshMummy</TD><TD>17 Oct</TD><TD>1 Oct</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Jerric Chiew</TD><TD>2.9kg/47cm</TD><TD>Natural </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jessica Goh</TD><TD>12 Oct</TD><TD>1 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Wah</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>He Cheng Jun</TD><TD>3.31kg/--</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn</TD><TD>14 Oct</TD><TD>2 Oct</TD><TD>Dr K J Lim</TD><TD>JB</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2.85kg/--</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Deedy</TD><TD>20 Oct</TD><TD>2 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Eron Wong</TD><TD>3.01kg/51cm</TD><TD>E Epi C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zhen zhen</TD><TD>15 Oct</TD><TD>3 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Esther Ng</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Hannah Lum Si-En</TD><TD>3.1kg/50cm</TD><TD>E Epi C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ling(piggy)</TD><TD>11 Oct</TD><TD>3 Oct</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>3.175kg/48cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angelzwynd</TD><TD>3 Oct</TD><TD>4 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Valerice Tan</TD><TD>3.15kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serene(happy_mtb)</TD><TD>25 Oct</TD><TD>4 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Suresh Nair</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Kester Tan</TD><TD>2.78kg/52cm</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fifi</TD><TD>23 Oct</TD><TD>7 Oct</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Clare</TD><TD>2.93kg/48cm</TD><TD>Epi C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Frostyfiona</TD><TD>26 Oct</TD><TD>6 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Don Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Xavier Tan</TD><TD>2.93kg/48cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Perlicia</TD><TD>14 Oct</TD><TD>7 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Raphael</TD><TD>3.04kg/48cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hippo18</TD><TD>17 Oct</TD><TD>8 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Adrienne Wee</TD><TD>3.515kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jeddie</TD><TD>4 Oct</TD><TD>8 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Sara</TD><TD>3.375kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural </TD></TR><TR><TD>Augbaby</TD><TD>22 Oct</TD><TD>8 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jazzele</TD><TD>3.14kg/--</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Grace
new.gif
</TD><TD>22 Oct</TD><TD>8 Oct</TD><TD>Dr H Y Ang</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wenwen</TD><TD>26 Oct</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Marcus Lee</TD><TD>3.285kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural with assist </TD></TR><TR><TD>Steve</TD><TD>11 Oct</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>Suzie</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Aziz Sujak</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Nyra Sofina</TD><TD>2.66kg/48cm</TD><TD>Natural </TD></TR><TR><TD>Helen</TD><TD>11 Oct</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>Dr YC Goh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Javier Ng</TD><TD>2.985kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joycelyn Tan</TD><TD>15 Oct</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Kaelan Tan</TD><TD>2.95kg/49cm</TD><TD>Epi C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lavendar_lover</TD><TD>17 Oct</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>3.47kg/52cm</TD><TD>Natural with gas & pethindine </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leona Wong(Twinkle Star)</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>9 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Garina Peck</TD><TD>3.005kg/50cm</TD><TD>E C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dodo</TD><TD>22 Oct</TD><TD>10 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Anderson Poh</TD><TD>3.295kg/50cm</TD><TD>E C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>San</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>10 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Clarisse Ong</TD><TD>3.2kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Oct_07 Mummy</TD><TD>7 Oct</TD><TD>10 Oct</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Owen Woo</TD><TD>3.364kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural with assist </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jacq</TD><TD>13 Oct</TD><TD>10 Oct</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Clare</TD><TD>3.14kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural with assist </TD></TR><TR><TD>Valerie</TD><TD>23 Oct</TD><TD>11 Oct</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Megan</TD><TD>3.4kg/--</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jas
new.gif
</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>12 OCT</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chintz
new.gif
</TD><TD>25 Oct</TD><TD>15 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Chloe Lim</TD><TD>3.46kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sugar Nut</TD><TD>20 Oct</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>Dr HC Han</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>3.19kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karrie</TD><TD>22 Oct</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>Dr TB Lim</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Matthias Goh</TD><TD>3.2kg/--</TD><TD>Epi C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Qoobee</TD><TD>31 Oct</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Jaron Lim</TD><TD>3.44kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ling(ling)</TD><TD>22 Oct</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Adrian B Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2.98kg/48cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Velvet
new.gif
</TD><TD>2 Nov</TD><TD>16 Oct</TD><TD>Dr M Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Karine Loo</TD><TD>3.73kg/--</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>Biji
new.gif
</TD><TD>31 Oct</TD><TD>17 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2.85kg/--</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>Unice</TD><TD>28 Oct</TD><TD>17 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sean Tan</TD><TD>3.03kg/47cm</TD><TD>Natural Epi Assist </TD></TR><TR><TD>Garden_Dreamz</TD><TD>25 Oct</TD><TD>18 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Peng Hong</TD><TD>2.74kg/48cm</TD><TD>Natural Epi Assist </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sanbebe</TD><TD>28 Oct</TD><TD>18 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Tanny Chan</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Javier Tan</TD><TD>2.92kg/50cm</TD><TD>C-Section </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babywoes</TD><TD>20 Oct</TD><TD>19 Oct</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>3.27kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Netty</TD><TD>12 Oct</TD><TD>19 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Annette Chan</TD><TD>3.87kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural with Assist </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aria jo</TD><TD>17 Oct</TD><TD>19 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Watt</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Aria Ng</TD><TD>3.53kg/54cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheval</TD><TD>27 Oct</TD><TD>20 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Ann Tan</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Basil</TD><TD>2.825kg/--</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starzzz</TD><TD>17 Oct</TD><TD>20 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Grace</TD><TD>2.6kg/47cm</TD><TD>Natural </TD></TR><TR><TD>YL</TD><TD>20 Oct</TD><TD>21 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>3.15kg/--</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Eufrasia
new.gif
</TD><TD>1 Nov</TD><TD>22 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Anthony B Lim</TD><TD>2.885kg/48cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>GollyGEEgirlie
new.gif
</TD><TD>28 Oct</TD><TD>24 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Isabelle</TD><TD>2.76kg/47cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiffy</TD><TD>28 Oct</TD><TD>25 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sherry Tee</TD><TD>2.78kg/48cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serene
new.gif
</TD><TD>26 Oct</TD><TD>25 Oct</TD><TD>Dr Vincent Lee</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Gabriel Wei</TD><TD>3.36kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bbunny</TD><TD>24 Oct</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>DR LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>3kg/--</TD><TD>Natural with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Clari
new.gif
</TD><TD>18 Oct</TD><TD>26 Oct</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Vera</TD><TD>3.675kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ponponta
new.gif
</TD><TD>23 Oct</TD><TD>31 Oct</TD><TD>Dr SB Soon</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Anders</TD><TD>3.08kg/53cm</TD><TD>Natural with assist </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Cin, Unice,

My bb also makes a lot of stretching noise and those 'gek sai' noise...intially i tot he's having constipation ....I wonder why he makes such noise.

garden_Dreamz, my hubby's parents took care of my baby girl at night and they preferred bottlefeeding to cup feeding. My hubby was also in favour of that so 3 against 1 and my baby was bottlefed. After one week, I noticed she couldn't suck well on my breast and eventually she began to reject my breast. I was very sad but I've now come to accept it. Bottlefeeding does have its advantages - I can monitor her milk intake and anyone can help me feed her such as when my right wrist was injured.

Re. milk supply if only express and no latching
Because of the nipple confusion, I stopped breastfeeding Megan 2 weeks ago and I've been expressing exclusively ever since. My milk supply has been increasing gradually. I started off with only 40-50ml every 3 hours, which is at least 8x40=320ml a day. But now I can pump 80-90ml every 4 hours, which is at least 6x80=480ml a day. On rare occasions, I can even pump 100ml. So don't worry, if you persist, I think your milk supply can still increases if you express exclusively.

Re. baby's milk intake
My baby girl is now 33 days old and she's taking about 800ml a day. She feeds every 2-3 hours and her milk intake varies widely from 60ml to 120ml.

Re. cranky babies
Megan started becoming more fussy 3 days ago. She refused to sleep more than 1 hour after each feed and cried a lot more and no one seemed able to calm her. We finally caved in last night and gave her a pacifier and she's much happier now. She also seems to be developing certain habits, e.g. she likes to be held by her daddy in the evenings otherwise she'll fuss a lot.

wow.. Thanks Jovial for updating such a long list!! haha..

nans,cin,sanbebe
on baby stretching.. Jerric also stretches alot! everytime stretch whole face will turn red ler.. like use very huge strenght like that.. Heard that baby that usually stretches alot will grow faster.. Jerric birth length is 47cm.. not already 56cm..

Cranky baby.. Timing for him is opposite from u gers leh.. he will be cranky usually 9am-2pm then sleep all the way to 9pm den start to get cranky again till 11plus.. last night worst.. refuse to zz think his nose blocked.. he caught cold from his brother.. sigh..

sanbebe,unice,
i think best dun apply the aloe vera gel for newborn.. cause their skin very delicate one..if cause further breakout how?i think unless prescibe by PD den will be safe... dun worry abt the spots on the face.. usually will clear if clean properly..

aria,
My 1st boy had colic when he is 2 mths.. i gave him infacol which turns out to be quite effective.. why u dun dare use it?

jovial,
my baby lagi scary. she's not even 1 mth and she's drinking 125ml! She can gulped down in 15 mins time!

bbwows,
well, not really crying all the time but cry when she has winds lor..she will cry when the wind attacked her and then she will stop crying when it settle down. after farting or pooing, she'll stop crying totally. but really xin tong when i see her strain her face so red..

nans,
my hubby perspire too when he carries our baby. So, he usually wrap a muslin cloth around his arm and lay one across his chest when he carries her. may be your hubby can try that. luckily i didn't manage to sell away my Aussino muslin cloth! It's so useful. Dries easily too
happy.gif

abt baby stretching, a bit relief to know that most babies are like that. i was wondering how come mine like worm like that. arm and legs flaring, butt move to one side and make so much noises when we put her down to baby cot to sleep..

hi all, I delivered my boi on 16 Oct, now coming to a month.. My oso cranky baby, cannot sleep long, at most half an hour and will look for ppl le.. tis happens mostly morning till late aftn.. after that, he sleeps btr le.. Wat is happening? y like tat??
sad.gif

He mouth is always moving, seems to be looking for milk.. Every 2hrs want milk, drink ard 100 - 120ml... I tried pacifier and it work but always suck half way while sleeping the pacificer drop out of the mouth and he cry for ppl agn.. faint... I need help.. Can anyone advise me..

Jojer: mine boi cranky pattern like yours leh.. i surveyed around, seems like boi is like tat leh.. Y har? My hubby, I and my 2yr old yr has cough and flu.. think he g0t abit cold oso from us.. sama sama...

Unice: i go through alot of stress b4 baby born oso leh.. sigh.. duno if its true

unice,
i'm taking too. somehow it improves my milk supply a bit lah.. i dun follow the prescription on the bottle leh.. i took 3 capsules at 1 go! hehe.. yes, my gynae told me to take it if want to increase milk supply. GNC selling at $26+ i think..

Unice,

I got my fenugreek at Nature Farm $23.34 per bottle.

My massage lady recommended me to take plus I see a lot of mummies taking it so I just get it...

hey mummies,

anyone is giving ur bb goat milk? Or anyone know where to get it? I heard tat goat milk is similar to our breast milk n it's better than formula or cow milk. Any advice frm anyone?

aria_jo, wah 3 capsules @ 1 go? so 1 day only 3 ah? thx..at least gyne got recommend la hor..
mb will try.. but dun havr time go shopping yet...sigh

hi mummies,
i read from a book: What Every Parent needs to know by MArgot Sunderland.

Hard-to-comfort babies
-About 1 in 5 healthy babies is highly sensitive in the first few weeks. Due to genetic make-up, stress in the womb, or a difficult birth. Research shows tt if a mother is repeatedly stressed in the last 3 months of pregnancy, high levels of the stress chemicals cortisol and glutamate can be transmitted through placenta into the brain of the unborn child. So it is vitally important tt u get as much soothing and comfort as you can get in pregnancy. If you have lots of stress in your life once baby is born, this can oso result in a baby who cries more. If you have a hard-to-comfort baby, she will need alot of soothing and comforting, and to do that well that u will need soothing n comforting, too, from family n friends...

make sure tt u r not left in a desperate. isolated state with a screaming baby..

This is an abstract from the chapter on How to soothe your baby...

Re: Fenugreek,
I m taking 6 caps a day (2 at each meal) although the btl recommend 2 per day which i read online tt it wont have effect.

And GNC caps is 610mg per cap. Whereas Natures farm i think is 530mg. So try to compare the mg and see which more worth it.

It is safe to take except tt ppl who are usually allergic to peanuts etc should nt be taking as it is a kind of lentil. Maybe for those who have doubts should read up more on it before taking.

Sanbebe,
I got fenugreek from nature's farm as well. Can take 3? Bottle states 1 per day only.
I realised I got abit of body odour after taking fenugreek. It smells exactly like fenugreek! Very turn off to emit that smell leh.
I was told to get Brewers Yeast to go with the Fenugreek for even better results. Anyone got Brewwers Yeast as well?

wow, but bb is already coming 1 mth, will still be affected by stress during 3rd trimester? I also had a lot of stress then.

Jovial, thanks for updating, my missing data: length 52 cm, natural epi assist. heh. gal was born facing up, so tough delivery! but labour was short, abt7hrs, frm beginning of pain to delivery.

I already got my hubby to buy the gel leh, just apply thin layer can already hor.

my gal is abt 4kg i suppose, but still drinking 90-100ml leh every 3 hrs. better ask the pd when i see her on Fri.

my bb is coming to 2mths liao and she gets more cranky everyday.
Not sure what happen today, she cried like nobody biz for so many times and it is so difficult to calm her. When she sleep, she will wake up in less than 30mins and cry!!! Also, she has been drinking 130ml every 2hrs ?? normally it is 3hrs ...lucky I'm not alone today .. .

I bought the aloe gel for my gal as well, I apply a few times and tried applied on my face that day, end up I feel that my skin really dried up till today ... not sure whether is it too strong .. so now I use the cream given by PD - from mustella and the pimples finally cleared but still waiting for her eyebrow/above the eye dried skin to fall off as don't dare to apply previously but it stayed there for so long .. so now started to apply the cream and can see it's slowly improving

motherhood is really tough .. or was it just oct bbies esp gals .. hiaz ...

Hi gingerleaf,

It's Mustela Stelatria prescribed by the PD.
We tried to get another one from phamancy so that I can leave it at my mum's place but could not find it so far.

Unice,
thanks lots for putting up the excerpt from the article. i didn't know stress in last semester can trigger fussy babies! jialart.... damage done liao... now i've to deal with super cranky bb n thankfully i've lots of support n people around to help out so that his crying don't affect me too badly. but just feel sorry to see him cry n cry non-stop...

Valerie,
yah, same sad feeling lor... feel as if bb dun wan me like that when he fights against my breast and struggles away but i still try to latch him on even if its just a few min, depending on his mood. did u take any supplement or did your milk supply just increase gradually through exclusive pumping?

S@L,
re: Fenugreek
err...is it ok to take more than 3 capsules a day?

totoro,
yap, u said it. motherhood is indeed v.tough, so much to learn, so much to handle n so little time esp. when things happen n u have to respond promptly n in the appropriate manner coz its dealing with a little life now,cannot afford to make mistakes or take risks,etc.
happy.gif

gingerleaf,

The salesgirl at Nature's Farm told my hb not to follow the prescription on the bottle. She said 1 capsule per day is for pregnant woman but nursing mom needs to take 2 capsule per day.

Well, my massage lady asked me to take 3 capsules 3 times a day for 2 days than reduce to 2 capsules 3 times a day for another 2 days, and thereafter, 1 capsule 3 times a day.

Btw, I dun hv body odour after taking it leh....

HI Mums,

Sorry, haven't been posting activel for quite some time cos been busy.

Jovial thanks for updating the table. My missing data: Bb's name: Shawn.

thanks for the info Jessica...hmm didn't know the aloe vera gel is so strong..i applied it onto my baby's face and luckily he's still ok...rashes cleared up liao...so can stop using. My PD prescribed the Mustela cream too, but I haven't tried it coz the aloe gel was working oredi...anyone wants the Mustela cream? Can PM me.

Unice and garden_Dreamz, regarding stress affecting unborn baby, yeah I read that in another book when I was pregnant too! That's why I decided to go for ML one mth before my EDD. Decided that it wasn't worth it stressing myself up at the expense of my baby. But dunno if it helped mitigate the previous damage leh. Sometimes he's very cranky too, but usually he settles down after we rectify the problem i.e. wet diapers, hunger or wanting to be cuddled...

My CL is going home today...really sad coz she did a darned good job! I feel grateful to have gotten her help. She did many things that were outside her job description and made my life so much easier. Now I hope I can cope without her around...sobbzzz...

Hi mummies...

Hmm... aloe vera gel strong mah? The gel can be even applied on mouth ulcer wor. So how strong/powerful can it be?
happy.gif

I applied the gel for all my boys since babies.. they are ok and healthy with it. Skin still nice nice, no major damage.

Hi joyce,

I think the gel is a bit dry for me and bb, maybe it's our skin type but other than tat, I think it is quite effective. It's good for cut as well, used it on bb when we accidently cut her skin while cutting her fingernails ... sob sob .. now my hb don't dare to cut her fingernails liao...

Putting bb to sleep ... for me I realized my bb wanted to sucks before she sleep ... I observed that she was sucking her mittens and when u carried her, she will suck your blouse or even ur arms ....(she has given me her 1st love bite even though she has no tooth! lucky the mark on my arm gone liao) some pple might mistaken it as they are hungry!! So I got her a pacifier as it would be cleaner than she sucking all sorts of stuff, and normally she will suck for a few min, sometimes seconds and will fall alseep .. after that the pacifier will drop off ....and remember don't insist on giving them back if they don't need it ... if not u gonna have a hard time after that....

Hi all,
I'm so relieved to find out that some of the BBshere also make the straining sound n have the 'wormlike-behaviour'. I was so worried when my BB started doin it cos he seems to be in agony esp when his whole face will turn red. I've brought him to the PD to have them tellin me that there's nothing wrong with him. Motherhood has really made me extremely paranoid cos i can't seem to decipher all his cryin.

Can i check here if any1 managed to TBF and yet can express out for storage? Currently I've TBF my BB for 2 weeks but dun have enuf SS to store everytime express after feed only a pathetic 10ml which I'll accumulate but he'll finish it in the evening cos he always demands more during the 6-7pm feed. Wonder how to store EBM while BFing the same time. Any1 can share?

Unice,
Yes fenugreek is recommendedby my gynae as well as by Mrs Wong when i went to her for advice. Taking my second bottle now it kind of work for me even though it was slow so i add in alfalfa to boost but now lookin for the effect.

I see..

I realised my bb will only cranky when he's feeling hot and not enuff milk. Kekke.. I will stand directly to the fan and blow bb. Shiok. :D Our body temperature is pretty warm, you see. Sometimes in the mn, I on my fan too despite the a/c is on while BF. Sweat man!

Oh ya, carrying my bb in the upright position helps too.

garden_Dreamz, during confinement my mom-in-law cooked papaya soup to help boost my milk supply. She cooked it every 2-3 days. She stopped cooking it a week ago (confinement over) and so far milk supply still the same - in fact I managed to express 100ml a few times since. The only other thing that I've been eating to increase supply is oatmeal. I take the instant type 3 times a day. Also drink lots of fluids - I usually drink one glass of water before expressing and one glass afterwards in addition to whatever I drink at other times of the day.

Talking about cranky babies, my girl refuses to sleep from yesterday 11am all the way till this morning 4am. She wasn't crying or fussing, just eyes big big. Now she KO liao, even refuse to wake up for milk. Don't know what's wrong with her.

So envious of all your milk supply. I can only afford the time to pump twice a day coz looking after baby alone. Everytime pump halfway she'll cry, so now can only pump when my hubby is back from work. Supply drop until 1.5 to 2 oz each pump. So sad.

Hi mummies, I'm now using thw Tollyjoy baby accessories & vegetable liquid cleanser to wash my baby's milk bottles. Do you know when I can stop using it and use normal dishwashing liquid instead? Thanks!

unice,
i'm taking 1 cap of fenugreek n 1 cap of alfalfa 3 times daily. thinking of upsizing to 2 cap fenugreek after readin the postin of some other mummies here ;) i want to be able to store some EBM for emergency use.

Kris,
i agreed that we'll have no time to pump if lookin after BB alone thats why after my confinement with MIL i have to move to my mum"s place for help cos i was feedin BB EBM n not directly latchin him. so now been latchin him directly in preparation that i've to be alone soon. BF is really more convenient if lookin after BB alone cos no need to sterilize n more mobile. can go anywhere with him n not bothered by not havin bottles or milk powder.

Back