(2007/07) July 2007 MTBs

banquez_suez,
the "membership" is actually insurance... valid for a year (if u travel twice within the year you only pay for it once). think it's $60 for adults... can't remember how much it is for the tots.

oh dear... ppl nowadays. the poor mother and child must be shocked. thank goodness the girl is ok

emq, like what shymz has mentioned, club med is having the 1 for 1 deal which is very worth it. But the condition is you have to book min 4 nights.

shymz, hope to see you in club med. I am going on oct 9.

shymz: Thanks for the info. Will check out the promo.

kth: Enjoy your stay! Wah if 4 nights, maybe need to bring kids along. Dun think MIL can handle so many days wor...

icyen, u r going 1 mth after me hehe. Actually nothing much to spend there except if u intend to buy things from their souvenirs shop. There was an washing machine in the same building as I stayed last time, so I did my washing there but you need to change into tokens from the staff in the souvenirs shop. Can't remember how much though. Oh, you have to pay for the spa and medi & pedi too. There are professional photograhpers walking ard the village to take pics of the guests, so you need to pay for the photo if you want to purchase.

Anyway, you still can use credit cards for payment so no need to change much Rupiah lah.

shymz
thanks .. didnt know that was for insurance
happy.gif

kth
how are the prices for the spa treatments? easy to book in? can charge everything to room then use credit card to pay for all in the end yah?

kth, icyen,
won't be going to club med this time, been there a few times already, hb wants to change venue. will be going to phuket this time round...
eh, i didn't change any rupiah when i went... no need to spend any cash like what kth said, everything can be charged to your room, and payment made by credit card later (it's a cashless system there... anyway if u really need cash i think they are very S$ friendly too :p)

Hi kth, icyen,
Re club med at bintan, how much did you pay for 5D4N with the 1-1 promotion? Been wanting to bring my girl there too but its so ex!

banquez, I think I paid about S$50 plus for the legs spa which includes pedi. It was easy to book a slot for my leg spa, maybe it was a wkday. Yes, everything can be charged to the room and made payment when checking-out.

angel, I paid $1296(excluding membership cos I already paid when I went to club med this Apr) for 5D4N wkends(2A1C)for a superior room. FYI, it is more expensive to travel before Nov cos it's monsoon season after that.

Sal: That's my guess... how are things? You do not accept PM. You can PM me for 'details'... hahaha...

Icyen, Kth,
Thanks for info. With the 1-1 promotion, the rates seem more reasonable now!
happy.gif
Will try to convince hubby to bring us! How much is the membership fees? And do we have to pay for leaving the kids at the kids club?

Kth,
Wah you must have enjoyed club med in Apr...going back again so soon!?

hello mommies! all this talk abt holiday making me yearn for one too.. been too long since i go for one but looks like i have to wait for everything to settle down at my new place.. perhaps Dec hols
happy.gif

kitchen set
I am thinking of getting one for the girls.. suddenly remember some of you got the set from ELC the last round of sales. any idea of upcoming sales? or any other nice looking sets I can consider? TIA
happy.gif

thanks EmQ! i'll chk out if i have time to go to town this weekend
happy.gif

i once saw a little tikes kitchen but now i can seem to see it anymore.. still looking ard.

Nor- if you have lobang must tell me too.. My hospital has bulk purchase for other brand of milk powder but dun have Mamil Gold

nor: ur gals will be so thrilled to see their new kitchen set!! kitchen set is never a sale item at elc but my friend managed to help me buy at staff rate, so knocked 30% off...worthwhile investment though ex coz k loves to play wif it. btw, if u wanna get a tea set, can get from the bp here. i got it yesterday and k liked it so much she refused to keep it!

elc atrium sale @ united square on 15th sep 2009!!

Tinsel/Nor
I'm still waiting to find a good deal for kitchen set.
The nice ones i like are way out of my budget!! hahaha..

Tinsel, i must say i am very excited abt the kitchen set myself!
cleared my hallway and i've reserved a spot for their new toy
happy.gif

Oh there is a BP for tea set?? i will chk it out!

Eliz, yah its quite pricey but LT stuff is really worth investing. My sister got the rides for my nephews and 13 years on its still standing and has been passed on to my other nephews.

nor: the bp price for the tea set has escalated quite abit. luckily, i got it before the price hike
happy.gif

eliz: worth investing in a sturdy kitchen set that will last for years. u can even pass on to ur number 2!

tinsel, i saw that its very sweet! And ahem.. pricey too. I'll wait for the LT kitchen set to arrive before deciding on any add-ons.
anyone interested to buy over indoor slide fm me? letting go as i've not much space compared to my previous house. Sms me if keen. Pics in my FB, or i can mms. Thanks.

Tinsel
I gave that reason to hubby but still purchase not approved
sad.gif

Maybe you invited us to your place for playdate and if hubby sees his precious daughter playing happily with K at the kitchen set, he might change his mind? Wahahaha..

Help help..

Maid's dad passed away and she wants to go back..

Called agency and was told i need to pay $390 for some documentation to the embassy etc..
This on top of her air ticket back..

She has worked for me abt 8 mths.. Just completed her loan 2 mths ago.

eliz
just sharing, my maid went back after paying up her agency loan & she said her mom was really ill. this has been about 6 mths ago somewhat and i just found out she is now back in sg working again but with higher salary bec ex s'pore. but for what is worth, i didnt have to pay any documentionation $ to embassy. when loan was paid up, we just paid for her airfare back home - that was it. what does $390 cover?

Hi Banquez
I'm also not sure. The lady i always contact with is off today.
I will give her a call again tomorrow.
After we told my maid the cost to go back, she's giving it 2nd thoughts.
Should she decide not to go back, we're thinking to give her a token to send back to help out with the funeral arrangement.
Sigh.. its so sad.. its her birthday today!

Eliz: Where is your maid from? I think going back for good & going back on home leave is different. For home leave, there are some documentations to prepare (I believe some of the cost for Indon cases goes towards 'coffee money') & without the necessary documentations, the maids may get stuck at the immigration when they try to come back here.

But would be good to check with agency what exactly the $390 entails.

Easy to process for them to go home for good. Just cancel work permit & get a special pass for them. Subsequently if they want to come back again, they just process as per new application (subject to their salary deductions).

However, for home leave, documentations need to indicate that they have work here, etc... for Indons, extra troublesome. I found out I can't take my Indo gal to Batam, unless I get some special documentations for her. I din have such problems with my Fil gals..

Just some of the regulations lol...

hey mommies! Wishing all Muslim moms Eid Mubarak!
we had a good rest over the long weekend, not much visiting done.

i have an indoor slide to let go, anyone interested please PM me. will put it in the want to sell section. here's a pic
happy.gif

3011975.jpg

EmQ
Its troublesome and needs at least a week to process..
Sigh.. in the end, i just let her go and ask her to do the permit in philipines instead.
Hope she can make it back! hahaha..

Nor
That's nice!! but my place is too small
sad.gif

Tinsel
I finally found a 2nd hand small little tikes kitchen set for megan!! At a good deal too.
Did you managed to get the zoophonics pack??

Eliz, yeah thats my pathetic study area actually.. temporary house the slide till i sell off.

i saw your pics of the HK kitchen in FB! lovely and the price is definitely a steal!!

Nor
Yup, steal indeed!! Hahaha.. After my DIY, its perfect!!
Hubby cldn't object to it but reminded me we don't have space for anymore "big" toys!

the girls LT kitchen arrived yesterday.. they got busy all night and served "mee goreng" for mommy! - or so says Wairah
happy.gif

3020473.jpg

Eliz, yeah they love it; its my pressie for the girls for our new place. wished i had room for the cottage though! *sigh*

and i say this again, yours is a steal ok!

Hi,

I wanna spree from the following webby but I need at least 12 pcs to qualify for the wholesale price. Not sure about the shipping fee, will work out at a later stage but should not be too ex from past experience.

Wholesale discount: 15% off total purchase order for items monogrammed (names placed on products)
25% off total purchase order for NO-monogramming (no names monogrammed on products)

Webby: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5321329

Pls PM me if you would like to join me.

Thanx!

banquez_suez
have replied you
happy.gif

tinsel
what are you ordering? only the crayon holder thingy caught my eys..

Nor: Heehe....ya, the personalised crayon thingy. K has 2 crayon rolls already but cannot put paper. The one I like comes with padding and monogram, so see if anyone wants to tag along. Can share shipping cost and get discount.

Tinsel
i'll pass on that for now. am still looking around for a nice tea set/ cooking pots set to add on to their LT
happy.gif

Have a great weekend everyone!

Happy Mid Autumn Festival to everyone!!

Megan chose a BEN 10 lantern! Both her daddy and myself fainted on the spot. Hee..

nor: no problem la, i have enuff orders to qualify for the bulk discount liao
happy.gif

eliz: yeah!!! megan has freed herself from your hk clutches!!! but why ben 10 huh? she knows meh? hahhaha....

eliz: next week collect the loot from u, ok? will oso get my colleague to pass u the shipping fee of S$2.00 hor.

gug - this sun or next sun last lesson huh? think must spend liao coz nobody pm lei. any luck on ur side?

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">Anyone wants to sell your GUG Zoophonics Pack? Pls PM me. Thanx!</font></font>

Tinsel
U are so mean! hahahaha..
Ya, my brat has a mind of her own...

No problem, just sms me
happy.gif

Think next week then last lesson.. I also thinking wanna buy not..

Back