(2007/06) June 2007 MTB

chey ...dunno why the video dun show
sad.gif

elaine, phyo, sporty, hui.. thanks and hello
happy.gif

elaine, does your babe sleep with light on in the room? Suppose he is four months old ya? Dunno if you've tried this.. try to make room as dim as possible lor.. so he will slowly recognise day and night. With lights off or a dim room, usually one will have better & deeper sleep as well.

All, was wondering what activities do you all engage your babies in at this stage.. at four months i mean. I'm a stay at home mom la (wish i could work sometimes... haiz) so i feel its kinda bored for baby and myself.. besides feeding, bathing, talking & singing to her i really have no idea how else to entertain or develop her. Any ideas? Besides that, I'm also starting to put her lying face down so she can practice and learn to push herself up..

KC, hard gum + soft stools + biting fingers = teething? I have never feel her gums deliberately so not sure what is hard gum but she sure does drool alot! Where can I get bonjela?

sporty, haha.. will try to go online over weekends. Without mum over the weekends, usually life is hectic
happy.gif
hee... me has always been a east person... from changi to bedok to p ris to p lebar. miss the east...

elaine, oh it is a relief to hear that you are also experiencing the same thing... Cos my gal dun usually vomit (this is her 2nd time only) so i duno what to expect :p

morning gals!
happy.gif

ros, I stayed in Tampines for 22 years liao leh whahahahhaha ... actually missed this place but flat prices here is unbelievable! And agent happen to have this really nice unit at SK so why not move to a "newer" estate?
happy.gif

sweet, ya, will be moving in with ILs to the EA. Hb and me figured out that it's perhaps more beneficial to stay with them as MIL is the one taking care of Ian during weekdays. As also, my next job may require me to do travel, so even better that way.

sporty, hehe ok right? my sis also say Ian looks nice in the pink bumbo, compliments his fair complexion
happy.gif
Actually boys (and men) also look good in pink shirts
happy.gif

sy, hehe thanks
happy.gif

glayz, charboh! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Let me go register in facebook now then slowly add you all in
happy.gif

elaine, ya lor...the grass always greener on the other side :p enjoy while u can at home la...with ur bb...

sng, aiyo...dun overwork la...u really have a stressful job

vic ma, think most of us here using the pigeon fridge to go as u dun have to freeze the whole bag but the ice packs can already and it can house abt 8 standard bottles

lin, u mean u already on FB? u can add me...juz search for my name...i sent invites to the gals(who are already on FB) to join the group there...

leewen, maybe u can let ur bb play with some toys like play gym or read to her??

sy, high 5...i had been staying in the east for 20 over yrs but moved out abt 6 yrs ago...was in bedok
happy.gif

cary, hey morning...yeah, agreed tha Ian looks good in the pink bumbo
happy.gif
quick go sign up for FB and add us
happy.gif
you can search for my name and add me...then see my frens list for other mummies
happy.gif

hello sy, thks for sharing.. at least i know my baby Andrea is normal.. hehe.. She doesn't finish her 120ml FM sometimes too.. esp daytime when she is easily distracted, seems to feed more at night.. like a vampire.. hehehe

okie, finally signed up with facebook kekekkee ... gotta go get ready to go out for lunch with the Aussie guy
happy.gif
will go "beautify" my facebook tonight
happy.gif

sy, i thought so cos tried all methods but she doesnt stop crying. Only after i apply bonjela which is like a painkiller for the gums, she fell asleep. So think it must be her gums that's irritating her. You can get it at any pharmacy. There's also other types of teething gel available which might be more suitable for bb. I used bonjela cos that's the only one i have at home last nite.

lin, ok sure
happy.gif
will send u the invite tonite...

cary, good luck
happy.gif
rem to beautify urself for the lunch too...whahah :p will send u the invite tonite as well...

sporty

ya i tot also but can the pigeon last full day like this bag says it can? I dont need one now - but with growing needs of the child i want to know my options too.

Taka sale - there is a 10% for today & next 2 days for even on already discounted items for taka card holders. very worth usually their WMF pot set - current one on sale is 3 2 ear pots & 1 sauce pan style one with clear glass top covers usually around $450 now $100 with taka card 10% off only $90.

i thinking of getting a thermal food saver for porridge for going out, those who are interested I think the magic pots are also good bets when u need to cook for the child & leave them in the care of someone else. For me i did consider this but then tot no use cos my maid can cook & warm up food so no problem - but my SIL's maids were very new - so my SIL will cook alot put in the magic pot & maid takes from there. something like that.

sy, jerral also smile happily at us aft he vomit milk.. hee.. think its normal ba.. :D

sporty, yeah yeah.. we bringing jerral back hm also.. :p

welcome leewen.. :D

Rina are u the mum hor (see i still dont know who's who) whose baby also vomitted alot of milk at Char's place our very 1st meeting with the 16 babes on the bumper mats?

YOu even had to change your boy's clothes i recall - if i dare take my memory another step - i think u were the one who brought the World map bumper mat right?

Happy Birthday GZ;
Happy Birthday GZ;
Happy Birthday GZ; (muack muacks muacks (saliva, mucus etc etc from Vicky)
Happy Birthday GZ;

vic ma, i'm using the pigeon one as my "fridge" in the office now as i dun wanna leave the ebm in my pantry's fridge...its pretty good...can last abt 10 to 12 hrs lor...

KC, ya lor...almost drowned by glayz liao...btw, where is she ah? haven seen her ard today...

glayz, where are u? went to celebrate ur bday eh??

rina, yup yup
happy.gif
u intending to bring jerral out for the weekend?

sporty - for now i still heng cos another company we knew closed its operations in SG & had this bigger than ours fridge to let go - but suay suay came & doesnt work so well - the ice cubes doesnt form in the freezer - so less pple use it & its just there for soem common food storage - i use the freezer all to myself! :p

its more like next time going out bring foods & drinks & all I was thinking of later. (planning picnics with Vicky - wonder if i will have the time or not)

maybe when our children can dig sand -we can organise east coast sand castle building competition gathering! (haha wait all the babes end up sitting on the sand castles 'destroying' them!)

vic_ma, no la.. i think u are referring to caitlyn.. not me.. jerral was sleeping most of the time at char's pl... then wake up when gg hm time.. hahahah...

sporty, not sure yet.. but hope to... got any interesting place to recommend?? i saw ya invite to the group and accepted liaoz.. :D

vic ma, my office fridge is shared by the whole floor...think 200 paxs??!! dun want some weirdo pple to add my ebm to their kopi, so FTG is better :p the sandcastle thingy sounds good
happy.gif
we'll have a sandcastle bash when the bbs are older
happy.gif

rina, i dunno where to recommend also leh cuz weekends we usually go shopping with bb...tom we shd be going to orchard, meeting my cousin for lunch...i'm waiting for robinsons sale leh....need to get some toys for my frens's kid...

mrs puppet, aiyo...didnt kno u also set up the june mummies group...now we have 2 groups liao...

sporty, robinson sale ar... i think juz over.. not too sure when is the next one leh.. hee..

vic_ma, when u talk abt taka sale my eye lit up but heng.. i got no taka card.. hahaha.. if not sure die...

hi ladies
omg! this facebook thingy is really keeping me very busy at nite! haaa... can only take a peeper at office haha...

Glayz i've sent your a pair of bunny ears to top it with SNG's pink panty for u *LOL* hope it makes the perfect birthday suit for u :p hee

ok now i know who caitlyn is! hurray!

cai u are the one who brought the wrold map bumper mat right?

I was very impressed with that couple (now i know its caitlyn) both of them mo qi very good at handling their baby. didnt fret or scream at each other when the Isaiah got himself wet with milk. my hb would have been like "an ant on a hot pot".

just finished playing with dylan.---leewen. yeah same with me. i am getting bored and hands itchy., used to be a workaholic, now just pump , feed, entertain.dunno what else to do w baby, haha. now his latest trick is to blow lots of salivary bubbles .and mesh them onto face.

KC--you can try dentinox teething gel. or homopathy--herbs, no medication buy Nelson teetha, at vitakids.( paragon, vivocity) but the last time i tried , out of stock. i bought gum-o mile and it tasted so hot! full of cloves.
my baby also keep putting fingers into mouth till cry. almost every evening. i think it is also because too tired. now we try to calm him down before he gets too hyper.

robinsons sale over- now its international brands sales - which i am not sure includes baby stuff or not- there was a flier online aprica stuff something only but past liao.

my bro wants to get Serta from taka that;s why asked me to watch out for this sale for him - he getting married end of the yr. I need to lose anotehr 5 kg to fit into my diane carolle dress if i want to wear it - my blum one should fit but over kill (i bought 2 dresses during my own wedding - tot gd time to bring them out)

kc - call them & ask? dont fret. but i shoudl be going down to taka tomorrow or sunday - anyone wants anything (wah sek now can say this liao cos got car)

finally got time to log in!!
happy.gif

Vic-ma..
Taka got sales ah?? hehe.. time to use my Taka voucher liao!!Anybody interested to shop in taka this weekend?

char - it says here payment by takashimaya gift vouchers acceptable only at takashimaya dept store (i think sales includes those boutiques within taka also)

to qualify got the 10% off, min $10 puchase required via the following modes - taka credit card holders - charge to taka CC, cash or Nets, Taka cash smart cardholders - cash or nets. payment by takashimaya gift vouchers acceptable only at takashimaya dept store. present your Taka cards prior to payment at cashier points.

There is also $10 Gift vouchers redemption with every $100 single brand purchase on participating brands - kose, chanel, cosme decorte, sisley amongst the rest.

also Thermal magic cooker 6L UP$440 now $269 free 22cm stainless steel inner pot worth $50, 1.7 doule stainless steal lunch box &0.35L double stainless stelle bottle UP$137/set now $59 set. (TIGER BRAND) few airpots & 1 rice cooker featured & also Phillips bar blended/chopper now $85 free chopsticks set worth $29 - this is a hand held looking blender which looks like that 450watts $80-90+ set that braun has - egg whisker, container for choppin onions & chilli , hand held blender & a flask looking thingy.

from children's dept they only feature a graco playpen $100 UP $199.

got some Fion Rose MOtif leather handbag & leather card holder UP$346 now $158

bonia leather handbag with rose Motifs $198 (doesnt state UP)

Toscano black handbag w rose keychain UP$299 now $149

Blanciaga hangbags UP$199 now $100 shows red & black colours.

the last time i was like nearly 8 mth ar preggy when they had their previous sale we took 1/2 day leave to go - bought WMF pots, sylvannian families toyset for my younger SIL - that day was very good deal for this toyset heng i went to reserve else wait for the supplier to come -already got pple's names on the KIV list with the cashier - & pple came to ask when we were allocated it - no more sets available liao.

I bot also the sahara tiger 0.35L hot water flask for bringing out -but end up bf- not really using it yet - only initially when still nto yet stabilise bf- hubby brought her to polyclinic for jaundice check up then he used it with FM.

the hot water flasks are not bad - i want to go check out their handheld electric blenders & maybe a coffee grinder - anyone going today please post how much any gd deal?

sil;ly should scan & upload pic haha! retype some more!

see lah cannot work liao my hearts with taka.

yday brought vicky to vaccination then morning we received this flier in the mail - i was telling hb if only vaccination was friday then how nice afternoon go & shop!

anyway i still enjoyed my day-yday vaccination, lunch then caught my 1st movie after i gave birth Resident Evil - Extinction! at AMK hub then went home to pump then came out alone again for massage & facial - since the post natal wraps massages - body really stiffen so much liao - muscles all in knots (those who massage often will know what i mean - massages highly addictive too but since preggy & birth had not gone for any lor except the malay massage lady ones those also more like go thru the motion cos the wrap was the emphasised portion.

then my beautician so nice - my pregnancy so much pimples - i had some under my breasts i cannot see or reach properly, she took a look for me & took out all my black heads there!!!! about 10+ sesame seed sized oil clots/blackheads biang. (best of all she didnt charge me any extra for this & even put anticeptic on it after extraction)

rina, taka card not bad leh...can accumulate pts and get free parking...u shd apply and next round of baby fair can buy stuffs and get rebates...

pinkzebra, wow...u giving glayz bunny ears ah?? kekeke :p this FB thingy really chim...so many applications!!

vic ma, yes caitlyn is the one with the world bumper mat...caitlyn and mr caitlyn are really very zai in handling isaiah!
happy.gif
wow...u sounded like u working for taka...hahha

vic, where's your facial. i dying to go for a good one. i went to angeldust the other day at holland, the beautician just touch the blackheads, never squeeze out!!!!

wow...vic ma, i read ur mail read until kok eye liao...keke..
besides the graco playpen,no other b stuff ah?i thought of getting some toys for kendrick...

ken ma they didnt feature anything for our babies besides that play pen -the rest barbie dolls & bigger children toys - but i am sure u go can see more stuff ba. - cos usually these "anniversary" sales is target a wider audience so dont put so much baby stuff in the flier lor

elaine

i hate facials that just molest & dont rid my blackheads. heng those who did that to me were only trial facials so I didnt sign up! heng

hi ladies, feeling much better today. yesterday it was horrible, LS and tummy got so much air and I am all by myself with the two kids... geez... my mum also kena tummy flu... so lucky my gal cooperative enough to let me rest while she plays on her own and my boy just lie beside me, drink milk and fall asleep... i hope the worst is over...

on 10 Oct Zayhan flipped, finally after the long wait... kekekeke... but i did not manage to catch it on video... maybe next time...

dryper

GP did say there is this food related vomitting & LS illness going around quite serious - will affect most of the family - adults & children alike - my SIL suspect its some food they ate - cos usually children small mah so u feed them - they dont finish the food u just eat up lor - my 2 nieces got it, then the father, my MIL then my SIL. very jialat.

good to hear u are better today - my MIL i gave her 2 charcoal then 2 imodium (but if bfing must ask about imodium not sure about this - charcoal bf can) then she ok liao.

sporty,
yeah.. maybe should try reading to her. I've got a playmat with little soft toys hanging down, is that the gym thing you are referring to? That is good, Andrea loves the colorful playmat and keeps smiling, giggling to herself when i put her on it..
happy.gif

elaine,
are we the only stay home mommies? hehe.. yeah feel the same too.. used to working life and now suddenly home environment :p

I used to stay in the east as well.. P Ris but moved to Central together with ILs since i got married and now i kinda miss the eastside.. so convenient and all with shopping malls and also have the R & R environment like the eastcoast beach and Pasir Ris beach..
happy.gif

baby wake up already.. will log in later again..
cheers!

ps: maybe i should sign up for the Facebook thingy as well so i can see how mommies and babies look like.. hehe.. I'm still into Friendster. Suppose its similar to that ya?

any mummies did a survey on price of NAN HA?
where is cheaper?
i'm down to my last tin.
no reserve liao....
(1) Shop & Save
(2) Sheng Shiong
(3) NTUC??

leewen, dunno lei. i new here, know there are a few teachers here though. but i work partime, give tuition, still it aint the same, no workplace--stable colleagues frens.

hi gals,

elaine, hope tat your boy will sleep better in the sarong...

sy, it is normal..my boy used to vomit milk n then smile also...whereas we will be worried sick..don know whether he is really ok..hahaha

more n more ppl signing up for FB liao...me getting blur from all the different applications...

leewen, welcome
happy.gif

dryper, take care..hope u recover soon

leewen, I'm a SAHM also like u but for only 6 mths...this coming Jan, I'm going back to my degree course...left 1 yr..hope to complete it by next yr..

elaine,
ya lor.. i miss the social interaction i get from working too.. hehehe.. but at least you get to work part time. You a teacher too? thinking of gg back to work? As for me, thinking of gg back to the workforce.. hopefully next year.. if my ILs can help me lor. Are you on Facebook too?

Lizardess,
I'm using NAN 1.. just checked out last week, Giant is the cheapest so far compared to Sheng Siong and NTUC. Maybe you can try checking Giant out, I remember the price for NAN HA in Giant is cheaper than NTUC but can't remember the exact price.

Dryper, take care and get well soon!

Back