(2007/05) May 2007 MTB

Dats what I thought too. The chart is based on the month where you conceive the BB. Like dat den accurate mah. If not, those preterm BB how ar? Anyway, so far those 2nd time mummies, is the chart accurate for your first born? Me pretty curious if the chart is accurate too or not.

HAHAHAHAHA yeah
happy.gif

ya...did hear pple said better cut hair as your hair will take alot of your iron...fight iron and vitamins with your little one...

hi ladies,

fr what i know fr the prediction chart is tat just based on the lunar month which u conceive. and then the mommy's age + 1 yrs cos its all based on lunar calendar......some of my colleagues say quite accurate for them even some with 3 children liao....but my sil one not accurate....

but be it boy or gal, most impt is must be healthy la....

jesmine,
have to take folic acid everyday (thats the most impt).....u can take mutivit fr ur gynae if u wan, else should be ok la....cos the multivit can cause constipation and sometime nausea to some ladies...thats what my gynae say.

try taking fruits or fruit juice....think will help the constipation.

Bridget,
just went to see gyane...then also check with him the pimples....he say aving pimples is part n parcel of pregnancy.....trigger by a certain hormones......just drink more water will do.

i wonder those ingredients in our makeup product or skin care prod if apply got any side effect anot......

evann,
my EDD is 11-May now. bb measures at 2.41cm 8W6D

Hi cheezel,
Did u have the heart beat?
My EDD is 14 May and my bb only measures 1.80cm 8W3D. Heart beat for me is 157

hi gal
i dun have the rate of the heartbeat. Can only see the heartbeat on the screen. My gynae didnt mention ...juts say that baby is doing fine.

Hi gal,
got the below fetal size fr baby center website....dun worry....our bb is measuring within the range

8 weeks: 0.63 inch 0.04 ounce, 1.6 cm 1 grams
9 weeks: 0.90 inch 0.07 ounce, 2.3 cm 2 grams

I got this from one of the thread.

Choice of a baby BOY or GIRL

Hope it is useful for some of you in planning stage. For those of you do not have any plan in the near future, you can keep it for future reference.

Background:
Mans sperm consists of X & Y spermatozoa, X spermatozoon decides the female whereas Y is the male. Referring to these physiological properties of the spermatozoa, gynecologists set up the theory of Choice of a girl or a boy.

1st factor: Food
If you want a baby girl:
Husband must eat more alkaline food, wife eats more acidic food.
If you want a baby boy:
Husband eats more acidic food, wife eats more alkaline food.

Alkaline food: vegetables, fruits, egg white, milk, algae, etc.
Acidic food: meat, seafood, etc.

2nd factor: Timing (When to do it?)
If you want a baby girl:
Frequent copulation during pre-ovulation period.
If you want a baby boy:
Copulating just before ovulation or just after ovulation.

How to confirm ovulation period:
Body temperature increases (you may want to use SPC chart to monitor your body temperature here).

3rd factor: Penetration (How to do it?)
If you want a baby girl:
Husband to avoid deep penetration in the female vagina during copulation.
If you want a baby boy:
Deep penetration by the husband is suggested.

Reasoning:
Characteristics of X & Y spermatozoa
- X: Marathon runner with good stamina
- Y: Sprinter but poor stamina
So, with deep penetration, the chances for Y to reach destination will be higher.

4th factor: Stimulation
If you want a baby girl:
Wife should avoid stimulation during copulation. Secretion from female vagina becomes alkaline when stimulated, therefore this promotes the activity of Y spermatozoon.
If you want a baby boy:
Husband ejaculates after wife has been stimulated.

5th factor: Wifes Preparation
If you want a baby girl:
Rinse the vagina with solution dissolving 2 spoonfuls of white vinegar in 1 liter of water. Since an acidic condition decreases activity of Y spermatozoon.
If you want a baby boy:
Rinse the vagina with solution dissolving 2 spoonfuls of soda in 1 liter of water.

6th factor: Positioning
If you want a baby girl:
Female to be on the top position & male to be on the bottom position.
If you want a baby boy:
Male to be on the top position & female to be on the bottom position. This posture allows the Y spermatozoon to reach the destination faster.

jesmine,

the 5th factor sounds gross .....hehe...i wonder if ppl really go rinse with vinegar or soda....OMG

diff to recall la....haha

mummies,
why dun we tabulate our prediction of the gender and match it with the eventual result and how accurate our prediction is.
lol.gif

cheezel,
glad to know ur bb is doing fine. i will only see dr adrian next week. by then i will be around 8 weeks too. hopefully everything is fine.

cheezel,
yesterday still have, now don have. i also have mild cramps in the morning, now feel better. i find myself constantly hungry. i need to keep eating to reduce my nausea too but my appetite not good, everything also don feel like eating.

ezann,
have to eat abit...me now almost every morn wake up will vomit ...but nothing comes out...only water.....eat liao will feel better....

agree hor...y not add in the prediction of gender in and compare agst the eventual result....see if its accurate....but need taro help....hehe

cheezel,
i have applied so many things on my face...toner, mois, mask, eye cream... blablabla... i think ok qua, as long as the ingredients comes from 100% plants. less chemical is better.

gal,
how the dr. measured heart beat?

Bridget,
i bought one with ingredient fr plants....but too oily for me now.....o i thinking of switch prod now......wonder if the Ginvera Green Tea prod good anot

Hey mummies,

I saw my bb'e heartbeats on Monday! bb should be 8w+-6days. baby was about 1.66cm then. My EDD has been changed to 14 May.
happy.gif

My gynea has also given me permission to fly from now all the way to my 34weeks! He said i am doing well for this pregnancy.

Will be going for a NT scan 4 weeks later, which i will be in my 12weeks. this is to test for down syndromes. 20 weeks will be my detailed scanning. Mummies, are you taking any tests in the coming Wk 12?

Dec_gal, when is your next appt with Dr Tham? How many weeks will you be then?

Hi Bridget,
I noticed she click on a button then can see the heartbeat as WAVE in the screen. Then she copied one area of wave and measure the length then the heart beat result is out.

cheezel,
i heard during this stage, better don't change if your current skin care products is good. coz your skin will react differently woh... u can check the ingredients stated, those mineral oil and lanolin one, better don't use. u can get those non-oily type, won't cause your skin congested.

gal,
thanks for your info. i will request that for my next appt.

hi gal,

EDD is depends alot on the growth of our babies. I guess the most accurate one is when you deliver. haa... but it really depends alot on the last trimester. My friend is supposed to give birth in Sept but she induced in Aug due to a minor accident during her last trimester. EDD is also +-6days 1.
happy.gif

Bridget,
but my skin is behaving differently to the current skin care prod now......hehe...

ya gal
the EDD is dependable on the growth of the baby, as what mummyyoko mention. so u will find that the dates will keep on changing thru out the preggie period.

gal,
does ur gynae based on the rate of the heartbeat to determine if the baby heartbeat is normal?? how will the rate affect the baby? slower means weaker heartbeat?

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Predicted Sex </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jesmine</TD><TD>02-May-2007</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Taro</TD><TD>03-May-2007</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr S P Teo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sanrio</TD><TD>03-May-2007</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Chris Chong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ice Queen</TD><TD>04-May-2007</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Chan</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Natalie</TD><TD>08-May-2007</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Jen</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tami</TD><TD>10-May-2007</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Chris Chong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheezel</TD><TD>11-May-2007</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gal</TD><TD>14-May-2007</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummyyoko</TD><TD>14-May-2007</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Precious_moments</TD><TD>20-May-2007</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ezann</TD><TD>16-May-2007</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Slee16</TD><TD>19-May-2007</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lovedogs</TD><TD>18-May-2007</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Chan</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bridget</TD><TD>20-May-2007</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peg_gal</TD><TD>20-May-2007</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>23-May-2007</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pegsfur</TD><TD>23-May-2007</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dec_gal</TD><TD>25-May-2007</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blueblue</TD><TD>30-May-2007</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>PingPing</TD><TD>31-May-2007</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheetos</TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr KL Yam</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Eunice</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jkids</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moomoo</TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Flowee</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mich</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></td></tr></table>

yoooo MummyYoko

great to know that you see bb heartbeat and able to go travelling... congrats leh...
happy.gif

My coming appointment with Dr Tham is this Sat, bb should be about 7weeks then... Hope I can see bb heartbeat. Without the heartbeat, I am not going to announce this surprise news to anyone yet, which include my own parents. Thus till now, no one knows of my pregnancy, except my hubby &amp; the forum gals here....kekeke...:p

Hi cheezel
Yes. Gynae told me bb heartbeat can beat from 100-170bpm . Faster is stronger and slower means weaker.

Hi MummyYoko,
Thanks for the explanation. Been there twice and no change for me for the EDD. Strange.

Hi Ladies,
Is it true that having a heartbeat has higher rate of a success pregnancy?

morning ladies,
how is everyone feeling today?
i vomited last night. i think my bb doesn't like certain food. this morning also felt like vomiting but nothing came out.
sad.gif

taro,
thanks for updating the table. my gynae is dr adrian woodworth. hospital tmc. predicted sex is girl.

Morning everyone,
Went for 1st scan yesterday. Could see the baby's heartbeat blinking on the monitor...phew! Baby is now 1cm and my EDD is 22 May 07. Taro, kindly update for me. Thanks!

hi all....
was on MC yesterday....

hi gal,
my gynae says, when saw heartbeat, 80% success pregnancy, when 12wks, 90% success pregnancy.

ezann,
u can check out this page for more info on OSCAR
http://www.fetalmedicine.hk/en/oscardetails.asp

went for my 2nd visit yesterday, bb measure right on size, 7w0d, 0.99cm, can detect the heartbeat liao....
happy.gif

i lost 1.5kg in 2 wks.

gynae says, 1st tri, it's okie not to eat, but must drink more fluid.

i also got lots of outbreak on the face...
for my 1st, i got boy, but also lots of outbreak, so the pretty mum = boy, ugly mum = girl, dont applies to me.

Hi all,
How's all mummies doing? Me still having "evening sickness", still have not appetite to eat, still tired easily and go to sleep at 8 plus at night.
Today is the mooncake festival, wish you all happy mooncake festival. :)

PingPing,
saw your prediction table. Check for my first son. Not accurate lei. My first one should be gal from the table but i got a son. Now i want to get a gal then can close shop.. not sure what gender my bb wants to be..

Back