(2007/04) April 2007 MTB

Hi Ladies,

I would like to join this forum as well. My EDD is 15 Apr 07. I am not living in Singapore now but will be back for the delivery. Will have to come back in Oct to look for a suitable hospital and Gynea.

All the reading from the forum are really useful and i find comfort to learn that all of us share the same symptoms and worries.

hi fen,
tks for info.. shall get the cream soon..

hi christine,
welcome.. so where r u now? any particular hospital/gynae u r looking into?
happy.gif

Hi Augelo and Ixora,

Thanks.

I am living in the Middle East now. Will be looking for a Female Gynae, maybe Mt E. Any good gynae to recommend?

Dlim, how did you find the clarins oil so far? you think 1 bottle can last at least 2 month? Might have to stock up when i come back to Sin.

Welcome Christine!!

Btw ladies, Mothercare stretchmark cream also gd, I used it for my first pregnancy and got no stretchmark

Fen,

Being first mom, I choose to do Oscar for assurance...

I don't think the comment to avoid cocoa butter (i.e stretch mark cream) is true...many brands use that as main ingredient....

dear mummies,

just came back from my 2nd gynae visit... was really assured when i heard bb's heartbeat (167 bpm). not much change for my edd. should be still around 05 april.

today's CRL measurement is 5.98cm and sac is 8.04cm. i'm so very excited!

Hi michele,
congrat to u. keke... me also looking forward for my next appt on oct 5.. also hope to heard good news from the gynae. last measurement was on 9 weeks.. Baby CRL is measure as 2.23cm..... keke

Hi Michele

congrats! yep, know what u mean.

on my 2nd visit to the gynae last week, i could hear the baby's heartbeat and see he/she moving his/her limbs! it's really incredible!

hi Wenthena

thanks again for your consolation. guess u're right....it'll probably be more awful to be throwing up gastric juice! but i find plain water unpalatable too!

and my colleague juz told me cannot eat rojak coz' it's harmful to me and my baby!!! and i've already eaten it like thrice!!! SIGH now i'm really worried!

Hi Ixora, issit that at 12 weeks, it's the best time for Oscar? I have been asking my gynae on that but he never tell me when can do. My next appt on early Oct06, I will be in my 13th weeks but he also never mention abt the Oscar test. Think he really find me very paranoid but I just cannot help but to worry.

Other than Oscar test, any other tests that need to be done & at what stage?

Btw Blueroti, dun have to worry too much, cos I ate a lot of junk food too but if u din feel really unwell after eating, according to the gynae, it's not going to affect the bb. Just that rojak got prawn paste, so just try to refrain from eating lah. Like for me, I cannot eat anything with coconut milk, cos my mum just cooked curry the other day & after eating, I felt so sick & kept puking for a few days, so now phobia oreadi.

Hi christine,

Welcome to this thread!
happy.gif
Are u working in Middle East?

Yes i like the clarins oil & I find it very relaxing after applying it. I was told that the oil can last abt 3-4mths by the sales girl but it really depend how much u use? I was told to apply every night & morning but i only apply in the night. Morning rushing to work so didnt have the time to apply it. But i think the bottle shld be enough to last to 2-3mths so u shld take this opportunity to buy more when u r in Singapore.

Give it a try at the Clarins counter. The sales girl will teach u how to apply & in the meantime, u can try the smell also. Overall, i can say the Clarins Oil is Good!!
happy.gif

thanks wenthena for the informative piece of advice... i wonder why some pregnant ladies have MS all the way up to delivery. must be unbearable. there are times when i feel better, only to find that it's a temporary change for the better.... then the waves of MS struck again.. haiz

Hi Snowflakes

Oscar test is not compulsory..if gynae thks ur bb is ok u dun hv to do it.. it is not cheap also..abt $320. I did my oscar last fri, results not so ideal..so i think i will go for the amniocentesis test cos the results will be 99% accurate.

Anyone did the amnio test b4? can share your experience? I'm quite worried.

hi mummies,

i'll be going to the 2nd appt with gynae this afternoon.... nervous! not sure how the fetus looks like at this stage.

Hi snowflakes,

Don't worry. If your bb is ok, gynae wont ask u to go for the oscar test. Oscar test is only needed if gynae suspects something is wrong with the bb. Anyway, the oscar test is expensive, costs $320. I went for the oscar test last fri..my results are not that ideal. I think i will go for the amniocentesis test cos the results from it will be 99% accurate.

Anyone did the amnio test b4? Can share your experience? I'm quite worried.

hi christine,
i'm not with Mt E but hv a fren whom juz gave birth recently, her gynae is Dr Kek Lee Phin (female) fr Mt E.. heard that she's good & caring.. u may wanna chk her out..
happy.gif

hi Michele,
i can understand your excitement.. i can't wait to see my bb at my nx visit.. hee..

hi blueroti,
i oso had rojak twice but only selected items like tau pok & yu tiao.. dunno y that prawn paste is harmful...

hi snowflakes,
12th wk deem to be best time to do the test was what my gynae told me.. but I read that for 1st Trimester screening, to get more accurate estimation, it has to be done betw 11 to 14 wks..
u may wanna ask your gynae again? Mayb he finds it not neccessary.. there are pple who dun wan to do the test too.. it's up to individual..
happy.gif

yah wawapiggyling,
i share the same sentiments.. MS will come back again juz when I feel better.. today I'm taking a day off cos felt faint & weak in the morning.. last night was still eating supper.. sigh.. what a drastic change..

fen & blueroti, thanks! fen, dun worry so much... i'm sure everything will be ok. its natural for us to be paranoid i guess since we all want our bb to be strong and healthy.
happy.gif

baby_love, u know what oscar tests for? my gynae only ask me to do the triple testing plus blood test next visit. seems like there are so many other optional tests?

Michele

Oscar test is a test to see whether bb is at high risk of hving down syndrome. Cos when i did my NT scan, bb's nuchal fold is thicker than the normal range, which is a indication that bb might hv ds. So gynae ask me whether i wanna do the oscar test to see whether bb is at a high risk of hving ds. During the oscar test, they will do an ultra sound scan on bb n blood test. By combining the results of both the test, you will know whether you are at a higher risk of hving ds bb.

As i've said, my results are not so gd..so i think i will go for the amnio test which involves inserting a needle to draw out a sample of the amniotic fluid. This test is 99% accurate in picking out any abnormalities in bb.

Ixora,
yah, in the beginning when my MS make a turn for the better, i thought it's going to end, then it came back again. now i dont feel very hopeful even on days when it is better... just like sitting on a roller coaster ride...

On the point of what we can eat and what we cannot eat, i think most impt is that we keep away from alcohol and cigarettes, for things we hear that we can't eat, i find it ok even if we have already eaten them. Like when I heard from this forum that we cannot eat stingray but I have just eaten stingray before reading the piece of info, i feel bad initially but what's done cannot be undone, just eat lesser in future or if really paranoid, then don't eat lor! =p

hi wawapiggyling.

Me Me!!!
I think I will start at week 14. the yoga studio i go to is smaller and less formal as compare to places like pure yoga. Many mummies may not like it. Anyway, if you are interested, I can pm you the details.

Hi Augelo,

I heard that confinement ladies charge around $1800 to $2000. Where did you find the promo info?
I'm looking for cantonese confinement ladies who are good at (brewing traditional chinese herbal soups.)
happy.gif

Hi Christine and ixora,

2 of my colleagues (who are mothers of 3 and 2 respectively) are also with Dr Kek. Both have good reviews of her.
As for giving birth at Mt E, their service is pretty good but pricy.

My gynae didn't ask me to do any oscar scan or NT scan as he thinks it is unnecessary, but I will be schedule for triple blood test in week 16.

Hi page up!

sure! can pm me the details like the price, the duration per session and venue? i have nvr tried yoga even before pregnant... wonder how it will work out...
Thanks!~_~

Hello pageup, hw ur day?
yes the range i heard from in-laws is nearly $2K. as for the early sign up (to entitle rebate) info. is from those motherhood magazine and websites. din keep the website address with me. will hv to search. once found will update again.

BabyLove, indeed not a very good news. that is what every mummy hate to hear. knowing is kindda tense up but still hope u can try to relax abit before the amnio fluid test. Your gynae explained to u about the risk of having amnio fluid test? hope everythings will b fine.

Thanks Augelo!

Ya, it is every mommies' nightmare to hear this kind of news. I'm seeing my gynae this sat. I think he will advise me abt the details of the amnio test. I have done some homework and read the procedures of the amnio tests..i know there is a 1% chance of miscarriage. That's why I can't help worrying. Anyway, I thk I will hv to stay positive and trust my gynae.

Hopefully everything will be fine...

happy.gif

Hi Dlim, that's great in that case only need at most 3 bottle. Think will get 1 first when i arrive and if its ok, will get another bottle before i leave. Can you give me the full name of the product? Might buy them at DFS when i arrive.

Hi Ixora and page up, thanks for the info. I will give the doc a ring.

Hi Babylove, hope everything will be ok. Stay positive
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Nickname</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cmy</TD><TD>1-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR Hii HC</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Garfield0407</TD><TD>1-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Geyser</TD><TD>1-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dragon Gal</TD><TD>2-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jessie</TD><TD>2-Apr-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peggy 17</TD><TD>7-Apr-07</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>CelC</TD><TD>3-Apr-07</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR SC Chew</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dlim</TD><TD>3-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Mary Yang</TD><TD>GLENEAGLES </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stileto</TD><TD>3-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Catherine Lee Sammi</TD><TD>4-Apr-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wenthena</TD><TD>4-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR SC Chew</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Michele Chua</TD><TD>5-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR YG Tan</TD><TD>RAFFLES </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peggy Ng</TD><TD>5-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>6-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Tanny Chan</TD><TD>GLENEAGLES </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hopper</TD><TD>6-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fen</TD><TD>7-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rainbow7</TD><TD>7-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Suresh Nair</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Augelo</TD><TD>8-Apr-06</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Baby Love</TD><TD>9-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>JL (Mindy)</TD><TD>9-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fong Fong</TD><TD>9-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Woo BH</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cindy (alcin)</TD><TD>10-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Kowa</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mum wannabe</TD><TD>10-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Page Up</TD><TD>11-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR LS Lien</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fiona</TD><TD>12-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Kowa</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ixora15</TD><TD>12-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Yong T T</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Piggymum</TD><TD>12-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Christine (hfchia)</TD><TD>15-Apr-07</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pine3</TD><TD>17-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Kenneth E Lee</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jmonster</TD><TD>17-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angela Lee</TD><TD>18-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR PS Lui</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kai Ling</TD><TD>18-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ValC</TD><TD>18-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Scoobydoo</TD><TD>21-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR YC Wong</TD><TD>NUH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sweatcorn</TD><TD>21-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Eunice</TD><TD>27-Apr-07</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ice Queen</TD><TD>29-Apr-07</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cocoa</TD><TD>30-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Fong Yang</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherryteq</TD><TD>30-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Adelina Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Priscillia Wong (pui pui)</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Woo BH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi Baby_Love,
Good to hear u will be positive.. hope everything will be fine..

Btw I'm thinking of going swimming after 1st Trimester, anyone has any idea where to find maternity swimwear?

Baby Love,
Is it bb'S neck or nose measurement not ideal? What's your bb reading? I'm doing Oscar this friday, keep you posted my results then...

Ladies,
I am in week 12, and starting to feel less gassy less need to burp or fart..kekeke...is it normal???

Hi Baby_love,

What is your result? I had just did mine too due to thick NT. Went to see the gynae on Monday. I will be doing amnio on 25 Oct on my week 16.

hi mummies,

i m back for the test. well, BB is 5.6cm and i'm now 12W1D (^_^)/ i.e. 3mths liao, EDD changed to 10/4/2007

the doctor also told me abt the Down Syndrome but she said the BB is ok, dun hv to take the OSCAR test. but if i wanted to, i still can do at about $245.40 ~ $315.00

today spent almost 3.2hr there... OMG, keep waiting. just now nearly wanted to scold the nurse who was explaining the package to me. i asked Qn A she answer B. i asked the same Qn again, she still give me other info... %^$#@!&amp;^%$#@$% *vomit blood*

anyway, just wanna vend my anger :p

btw, is tat possible to change gynae half way?? my SILs asked me to do so cos the gynae who saw me just now was an Associate only.

but i've told the nurse i decided to sign up the Premier Package (incl. shorter waiting time, dun hv to go to diff clinic for diff tests, attended by the appointed gynae, confirmed booking of room/bed b4 delivery, etc) next visit and they've arranged me to see the same gynae whom i saw today at the Premier clinic

so can change? or anyone of u heard of pple changing?

hi snowflakes, ixora15

thanks! yep, m definitely going to stop eating
rojak!!! think m getting paranoid. i dun even dare to touch the durian snowskin mooncakes that my colleagues were chomping on today!

hi Baby_love

hope everything will turn out fine...good luck!

Hi Baby_Love,
Hang in there!
happy.gif
Think happy thoughts, good for you and baby.

Hi blueroti,
My mother-in-law told me everything also can eat one, just in moderation. My mum though is more concerned so asked me to avoid cooling stuff. So I'm also confused at times. But I guess you just listen to your heart (or rather stomach) and eat anything that'll make you happy. Happy mummy, happy baby I guess. Of course not the raw, uncooked food la...

Does anyone out there still believe in those Chinese superstitions like no using of scissors and needles on the bed and stuff? I got a scare from my frens yesterday as they were listing out some don'ts untill I'm kinda freaked out...
sad.gif

Hi bb_love, will keep you in my prayers...

jmonster, i think most impt is u find someone u're comfortable with. u're @ kkh right? i think its normal that waiting time is long and u just see whichever gynae is on duty? one of my clients who went there even told me that the doc refused to give her the ultrasound scan photo and she had to beg the nurse to give her a copy. in the end, the nurse photocopy for her. in the end, if u pay the premier package in kkh, u're probably better off going to one of the other hospitals/gynaes since their premier package is market rate.

Hi Christine,

The full name of the Clarins product is Huile Tonic Body Treament Oil. Ya, 3 bottles shld be enough to last up to 9mths. Hope u will like this product as well..
happy.gif

Hi bb_love,
I was very worry as u also cox I had consumed some medicine which im not suppose to take during pregnancy. During that time, i was not feeling well &amp; i didnt know i was pregnant at all. So now im very worry whether it will be harmful to my bb or not. Even though my gynae said it shld be fine but i,m still very very worry. I understand your feeling. All we have to do is think positive...hope everything will be all right for u.
happy.gif

Hi mommies

Thanks for all your encouragement and support! I'm really touched by all your concern. I will stay positive and hope for the best!

For mommies who wanan know my results, the results i got from the NT scan at my gynae's clinic showed a thickness of 2.5mm-3.5mm for bb's nuchal fold. The normal range is 0.64-2.25mm. So i went to do the oscar test to see whether I'm at a high risk of hving ds bb. The readings for the nuchal skinfold showed 3mm for my oscar test.

The blood test results combined with the ultra sound scan shows that i have a 1 in 337 chance of hving ds bb. If my results are normal, i should hv a 1 in 624 chance of hving a ds bb. The nurse said that my result belongs to quite high risk category for my age grp.. but i'm only 30!
sad.gif

Anyway, she said the results are just an indication of whether I'm at high risk or not..if I wanna be sure, maybe I can consider going for the amnio test which is 99% accurate. But this test can only be done at 16wks. So I hv decided to know the results earlier and go for the test.

I will be seeing my gynae this sat.. i think he will advise me on what i should do.

Stileto

I think the results of the oscar test is made up of the combined analysis of bb's measurement (esp the nuchal fold thickness) and the blood test results. They will do ultrascan via tummy to take the measurements.

Dlim

Ya, understand your worry. I also ignored gynae's advice and indulge in a bowl of sharksfin. After that, I felt very guilty. But my gynae said the results are not caused by the bowl of sharksfin..it is generic. But i hv learnt not to ignore my gynae's warning on what foods I should avoid. The guilt feeling after that can be quite a mental torture. hehehehe

Anyway, what is done cannot be undone..just be more careful on what you eat next time. Sometimes it is the guilt and stress that affects bb, not the 'forbidden foods'. So don't brood over it anymore and cheer up!! I believe if we are happy and positive, bb will be healthy and strong!

:p

Hi BB_Love,

Check with u, if i have done the analysis of bb's measurement (esp the nuchal fold thickness). The result is ok but I have not done the blood test yet. Does it mean the bb is fine or still have to depend on the blood test in order to get the more accurate result? My next appt for the blood test is 3 wks time.

Thanks...agreed we shld look at the bright side...the more we stress, it will affect the bb health. Ya what is done cannot be undone so lets hope everything will be fine!

I have actually ask my gynae is it that we have to avoid certain food such as Shark Meat, stingray ect? I was told that we can eat anything except raw food &amp; not too much of those food which is high in mecury or etc. I realised different gynae will said diffferent thing. So sometimes, im really confused.

Hi Dlim,

I oso agree sometimes what to eat and what not are really confusing.. already not feeling well, feel like eating something in particular to feel better but realise cannot eat.. real torture..

I keep forgetting cannot take mayonnaise.. when feel like eating fast food, always forget to remove the mayonnaise and tartar source.. actually can eat lah, juz that gynae dun wan us to take any risk of contamination..

hi ladies,

i decided to change my gynae to Dr K.T. Tan

going for another visit on Monday... Sigh, hopefully i wont have to stay there for another 3hrs

baby love,
take good care of yourself. dun worry much...

Baby Love
*hugs* for u
happy.gif
hope everything will turn out well after your amino test. will pray for u.
meanwhile, pls don think that the type of food u ate that causes this. i mean, there is no right or wrong food as long as we take them in moderation. so don't blame yourself.
yeah.. u shd think more positive for your bb!

hi jmonster,
mayonnaise &amp; tartar source contain raw eggs.. anything raw muz avoid.. i din know too till gynae told me..

btw, is Dr K.T. Tan under what u mentioned Premier clinic?

Hi BB_Love,

Thanks for the link, I just read through &amp; it is very useful &amp; lots of information in there.
happy.gif

I just gave a call back to my gyane &amp; checked abt the blood test. I was told to do Glucose Test &amp; Antenatal Test. Tripple test is optional but i will do as well since im going for the blood test, might as well do all. At least I can make myself ease. I dun want to stress myself worry this &amp; that.

Back