(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

QQ, ok i will ask her to sms u if she is gg.

pinkypink, realli dun hv any gd buy? nvr mind we go cheong for dat pigeon warehouse sale!! heee
i think any brand of milk bots can fit into the pigeon steriliser..i'm thinkin to get one cos someone mentioned Avent steriliser only meant for Avent milk bots.

I'm oso saving $$ on bb's cot. Can't imagine my youngest bro's cot is still in gd condition despite it has been for 15yrs...many of my cousins, nieces & nephews had used it and now its my turn. So surprised i can still get to use it.
happy.gif
My mum mentioned dat she wil b sponsoring the stroller for her 1st grandson. So happie save some $$ again. I onli b getting new clothes and other bb's necessities...

Hi ladies, it's been a long time since I last posted. Went for my monthly checkup last sat n gyne confirm that it's a baby boy.

Was asked to go back 2 weeks later for detail scan. I tout if we do Oscar no need to go for other test liao? Didn't manage to ask gyne coz during consultation gyne didn't mention anything abt the detail scan is only when I make payment then the nurse told me 1. Anyone went for both Oscar and Detail Scan like me? N what will they do for detail scan?

Hi Gals, I went to buy the Pigeon Rapid Steam Steriliser, with Baby Food Warmer and a Newborn Starter Kit (2 bottles, brush, milk powder holder) at Robinson, the same bundle that Bellepepper bought at $129. I think it's really worth it, cos the Food Warmer, if you buy on it's own is around $59 (before any discount), the Starter kit is at $39.90. So all in quite worth. The Robinson nursery fair is until 5th Nov. So for those of you who are interested, can still go and take a look.

I went stroller hunting too. Havn't bought any yet, but managed to try out the various different brands (how to open and fold and lift up to see if I can handle the weight). Quite fun, and the strollers are so varied! I tested the expensive ones (like Graco $599) to a really cheap one (Lucky Baby $99) and a few in between (Combi and Capella $249). I think many parents in Singapore go for the Combi and Capella $249 range. Actually, surprisingly, I really like the Lucky Baby $99 one! The functions seem to be as good as the more expensive models, the seat is wide, full canopy and the stroller position can be almost flat (good for sleeping infants). I haven't buy yet because $99 is the normal price. Was thinking dunno if during Christmas the price may even fall further! For that price, I think it's really really worth it. When I tried the Graco travel system, it weigh more than 8kg!! Can't imagine how i can heft it out of the car boot or up staircases!!

I suggest you all go try out over the coming weekends before buying any. Really open, fold, lift, close, pull, tug... etc.. make sure you really like and can handle the bulk/weight etc..

Hi Moon, to answer your question on detailed scan, it is usually "compulsory" to do around 20weeks. Of course, you can insist you don't want to do if you have any major objections to doing tests... but I would guess that 99% of preg women go for the detailed scan. It's a major milestone at 20weeks where they will scan every single detail of your baby - all the internal organs (hearts, liver, kidney etc), brain and spine, external limbs, toes, fingers, and facial to see if there is any cleft lip etc. This scan is to look out for any structural defects.

OSCAR is only to test for Down Syndrome. Which they can test very early on. But for structural scan, they need to wait until week 20 when the baby is bigger and more formed, to be able to see.

The detailed scan will take around 20mins if your baby is 'cooperative'. If your baby is not in the right position (so the radiographer can't see), it will take longer (maybe 30mins to 40mins) If really really can't see, the radiographer may even ask you to go and take a walk then come back to scan.

The person scanning is usually a radiographer and in some cases they are doctors. No difference, except that a radiographer can't explain any medical conditions to you. The person just scan and then give your doctor a report. So your doctor will explain the results of the scan to you.

Autumn,
the Gracco series i saw at Taka last Tue was larger. they had one that's only 4.9kg, 6kg, and others which go beyond that weight (and price of course!) i noticed that the Gracco ones at Robinsons are the heavier and more ex ones. Hope tihs helps!

cheers.

Hi gals,

May I know the venue of the pigeon sales on 11 Nov? With all the kinds of brands and models of all the baby accessories, I'm going to faint already.. sweat.. sweat..

Thanks

pinkypink: there was still a few sets when i was at the centerpoint robinsons on saturday. Its placed just behind the escalator. anyway if u can't get the bundle. Go to carrefour and get the steraliser for $87.

Morning ladies

How's all your weekends? A lot of you been shopping. Too bad I can only go in Dec/ Jan.

Bellepepper: How was your checkup? Did you book your room as well?

hi ladies,
Remember to get small but useful stuff like nail scissors (with round tip), cotton bud (pigeon smallest size one), cotton wool roll/balls, nose mucus pump. Nipple shield (recommend the pigeon silicon one for small size), nipple cream as well. All these might be needed within few days of bb arrivals. A towel for arm resting during breastfeeding.
Also a water flask for mother to keep hot red dates drinks during confinement (esp in hospital).

Pinoopy

Here is the detail on Pigeon sales.

Sales for Pigeon
Date : 11 Nov 06 (One Day Only)
Time: 10am - 5pm
Venue: Pigeon Office ( 84 Genting Lane #05-06 CityNeon Design Ctr)
Tel: 67423001

Hi Giolyn, thanks a lot!

Anybody planning to use liquid or tablet sterilizing solution? It sounds easier as the bottles are kept sterile for 24 hrs, whereas the bottles stop being sterile once the steamer is opened, and you have to sterile again prior to a feed...

Hi Pinky, I went to Centrepoint Robinsons on Sunday and managed to get it. There were 3 sets left when I went, and I took one and somebody else took one. Hmm, I don't think it's really sold out, in the sense that individually, the items are still available on the shelves. Just that those they pack as a bundle, may be gone. So I suggest you can still go and ask the sales people there to bundle for you. The funny thing is, after we paid, a sales person came over and asked to take the price tag off our bundle. That is, she slowly peel off the price sticker (of $129). Cos she said she ran out of the price tag as they didn't expect the response to be so good. I suspect they will use that price tag to scan for other bundles.. hope u know what I mean. Anyway, no harm asking them lah.

I also saw the Pigeon Steriliser at $87 at Kiddy palace in Toa Payoh. Hmm, but different Kiddy Palace has different stock levels.. the one in Parkway sold out the $87 steriliser. Or maybe wait until the Pigeon warehouse sale which BB mentioned.

Hi everyone, new member, finally decided to register and come into this forum after much procrastination. Seems to be getting lots of info from you regarding what and where to buy. will be having my 20 week scan tomorrow and kindof feeling excited and stressed by it. My EDD will be in 20th March.

Hi Pinoopy, (and other ladies), actually i think we don't have to be overly concerned about the sterile state of the bottles. I mean, I think we just sterilse once a day will do (whether it's electric steam steriliser or tablet). My sis-law just sterilise (electric) all her bottles at night, and use them for the next day. One of my friend didn't even sterilse. She wash the bottles with soap, then she boil them for 5 minutes.

Actually the boiling method was what most of our mothers would have done in the past. When there were no electric sterilser and no tablet steriliser.

I think at the end of the day, it's your own perference and what works best for you. For tablet steriliser, I saw a model at Mothercare, which you need to soak (with the tablet) for at least 30mins. For a steam steriliser, you can get it sterilised in 6mins, and perhaps a little more convenient, since you just pour water.

For tablet one, i think you must still wash your container etc.. I am not sure. Anyway, just use whichever method suits you the best!
happy.gif

Hi Wakey, welcome! Hope u will enjoy this forum.
happy.gif

hey starfruit and autumn,
just got my items delivered to my office, looks like i bought quite a few small stuff from tollijoy, lollipop, pigeon at 20-30% discount. Im going down to OG to exchange my breast pump for other items, will go robinson and check out again..hehe.
btw what is the difference between swaddle towel with hood and receiving towel? confused. I bought one from pigeon tat looks like a receiving towel but its written as towel with hood???

cakey, Pigeon brand has quite a wide range on those bb's items u mentioned. I'm getting almost all of them during the sales...hope can get at cheaper price.
happy.gif

Wlecome Wakey!!

So happie dat i managed to grab 3 sets of bb's clothings thru bulk purchase...will arrive in 2-4wks time. Trying to get afew more pcs from other bulk purchase.

Juz review the pigeon web to see what are the items available. Anybody can advise what nipples size is good & whether glass/plastic milk bottles are better?

Hi Autumn, thanks! My collegue just told me that his wife just pour boiling water over the bottles is enough. I have to think whether there is really a need to spend $87 on a steriliser..I am thinking to save some $ and do the same. My electric kettle can boil water within 2-3 mins, so I think it is as fast and as electric consuming.. Or maybe just boil the bottles over gas since now the silicon teats are quite resistant. Wah, really need to crack head...

Wow, everyone seems to already know what to buy and are getting ready with the sales and all! I have an embarrasing problem... the other day when I was queuing up for my char siew rice, I felt I suddenly couldn't control my bladder and almost wet myself!! Is this normal?

Hi Weiqi, welcome to the boards!

welcome weiqi.
Saffy, its normal but can be prevented by doing kegel exercise everyday. This is because the bb is pressing on the bladder now.

Now reminded me that I forgot to do kegel exercise for a week liao.
happy.gif
better start again.

Hi Saffy,
Do your kegel exercises. If now, you hv this problem of not being able to control your bladder, it will get worse after delivery. There was a period of time after delivery of my gal when I cannot control my bladder. Everytime I sneeze or cough or laugh out loud, I leak a little....aiyo, so embarrassing. Luckily, it got better after a while.

Hi Pinoopy,
Yes, you can boil the bottles in a pot to sterilise, but I dun think it is advisable to just pour boiling water over them. Dunno how old is your colleague's bb, it's ok to use that method when bb is older, but newborn...er, dunno will get lao sai or not
happy.gif

Hi Pinoopy, not that I am encouraging you to buy the electric steriliser.. but just an additional thought for you to consider... for a steriliser, besides the milk bottles, you can also put other accessories inside to sterilise.. such as your breast pumps, pacifiers, teats etc... My friend who used breast pumps said that the pumps can get oily or clog because breast milk can get oily etc... again, as I said, everything boils down to convenience and what works best for you. For eg. if you don't intend to use breast pumps, then of course, you don't need to worry about that.. so a lot of things you also can't plan/worry for, until it happens!
happy.gif

Hi AUtumn
really thanks for telling me! i asked the robinson staff and they told me the bundled items are out of stock but i can pay upfront, top up another $21 to make it $150 for free delivery, and I did! i think can save $100 for this deal.

I'd also exchanged my medela for many items, think i better stop buying now, will save up and buy ameda, and so tat i still have things to buy with my MIL since she keeps saying she wants to buy with us.

Wakey, welcome. i have added u to the list.

mag : I asked my gynae she said no point booking because to reserve must pay $200 leh and non refundable. so she said wait till later and that one -bedder usually got sufficient.

Did the scan and everything was fine, so happy. baby is big at 378g. my tummy suddenly become bigger too i think maybe i ate too much when i am in singapore :p

pinky: it is good u managed to buy the set even though they don have stock. i think robinsons is really good lor. if regret also can refund without questions.

no one getting the cot yet?

pigeon steriliser can be used for bottles of any brands because they don have the holder with the holes to hold the bottles. u just dump and arange the bottles in the steriliser in any fashion. unlike avent. the bottles must be placed within the holder.

just wondering whether should i buy pigeon or avent bottles now that i have the pigeon started kit. if buy avent then i will have two types of bottles and need to get two types of teats, and baby may get confused. Anyone can advise?

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Current Pregnancy </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Mt A or TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pax</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peace lover</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD>90% girl</TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>BB</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rabbit mum</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD>65% girl</TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD>60-70% boy</TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lee Weiqi</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Phua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olene</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Freda</TD><TD>28-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Wen Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dolly</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Karolyn Goh</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Koh Gim Hwee</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Saffy</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Odie</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Lim Teck Chye</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Princes</TD><TD>15</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Princesses</TD><TD>11</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hi pinoopy i hv the same thoughts as you i thought maybe use the traditional method of boiling the bottles in hot water too..

Autuum,
u mentioned that the sterilzer can be used to sterlise pumps, teats etc. Can i sterlise teats &amp; pumpps (the cup part u mean right?) with the traditional method??

anyone bought pillows yet? i m quite fussy abt design hee, not cute i dun wanna buy :p but i had a colleague just tell me its not necc for new borns cos pillows might suffocate the bb accidentaly when bb is sleeping. But i will get a beansprout pillow at least
happy.gif

Hmm bellepepper,
i m lucky that my sis is givng me her bb cot so i dun need to get one so soon, prob is i dun hv space in my master bdrm! i also read in a book that for newborns they might not like to sleep in the cot le...a cradle basket would be more ideal but then again aiyo hv to buy so many things. the bb will outgrow the basket very fast. i guess u hv to think if u really wanna buy one first? The same colleague advises agst sleeping with a newborn cos we might accidently suffocate the bb when we are asleep! aiyo wat a dilemma!

*pinky - your inlaw so sweet wants to go shopping with youall uh. i had expected my mil to be very excited but she doesn't seem very enthus, even thou this is the first great grandson in the family lor. while i know they will love the bb v much when he's born, i'm feeling slightly disappointed.

That day we were at suntec for a family dinner, i suggested to hubby that we go window shopping at Mothercare. My inlaws tagged along. Hubby and I trying to show them how cute the clothes can be, fil and mil actually said, BBs dont have to buy so many clothes, also buy white colour's the best - BB's look freshest in white.

I felt so disappointed that nite. So diff from my mum who told us to buy some and she'll pay cos she's worried that stuff that she buys we may not like. :<

hey bellepepper,
were u about almost 21week when you did your scan? Without the bundle, the rapid steriliser alone comes with 2 free bottles and 1 detergent. Is it also in the bundle? If it is, then there'll be 4 free bottles?
my tummy sometimes bigger, sometimes smaller, sales assistants all thought i just gave birth, say i hide very well, mine is round and low, many thought its boy.

hey blurbelle
i didnt buy pillow, i bought a small mattress with a bolster, can let bb sleep if she doesnt want to sleep in the cot, or leave it at my hubby's grandparent's place - the aunt is getting a maid to watch over the grandad, and look after my bb also, phew...so if you are leaving bb at inlaws, parents' or nanny's house, also must get 1 extra set for them to sleep.
hey veryberry
its my MIL, i think she scared we buy the wrong things. she also said no need to buy too many clothes cos bb outgrow very fast, and dun buy pink..but most places sell either blue or pink. its being practical i guess, in case next one is boy still can use. dun be disappointed, shop alone better, if not too many comments, very difficult to decide, so hor i bought most of the impt items and left the small ones to shop wif her..hehe. btw things in mothercare very ex.

ya, the stuff in Mothercare not cheap. but we quite like the BB clothes set of 8 pieces. which was also on discount or something. but in the end we didnt buy any too. Instead, we bought a few pieces at Robinsons yesterday. TollyJoy and Ryuichi (? - cant recall) has 20+20% discount. also bought Avent bottle starter kit since my friend's passing me her Avent steriliser.

Ya lor, you're right abt getting extra set of stuff. If our kids are gonna be moved between our home and parent's/in-law's, gotto get nearly 2 set of everything. my gosh! aiyoh, i'll worry abt that later. we haven't solved the issue abt who to take care... such a sensitive issue man. esp with the old folks. hiaz. Such stress preggie mummies shld not need to be subjected to! :< later.

btw, i tried one of the yoga classes last weekend. will be trying out another. keep you all posted on which one i prefer. althou the exercises are simple, it feels good to be doing SOME exercise. haha. xin li zuo yong ba! :>

nite, girls! Hope i can get a good nite sleep today. Last nite my BB kicked so hard i was awoken literally in the middle of the nite. even hubby exclaimed that i'm so ke lian... he also felt BB's kicks when he put his hand on my tummy. i need my beauty sleep tonite man. was so sleepy at work today...

sweet dreams to all! :>

hi pinky,

duno who willing to look after my daughter after i go back to work after maternity
sad.gif
but even if i got nanny (my aunt if she is willing to help, think she got 'supplies') n i will def bring my bb home every nite lor.

aiyo i went Spring last wk n the boss says i look like 7 mths! most say i look 7 mths le though i gained 5kg so far n bb is of average weight. Some ppl guess could be cos of the amniotic fluid? too much fluid = look bloated hehe.

all mummies:
Clothes for bb i intend to buy those 'casual' ones like pigeon etc. for 0-3 mths cos i reckon we wont be goin out much during my maternity. BB outgrows very fast so no point la. wonder to buy the button ones or the tie ribbon ones cos i heard those with the 'tack' is easier to wear for bb. u dun hv to twist their tiny hands anyhow esp when they are moving abt when u dress them?

I will save for bb's pretty clothes when she is after 6 mths :p

Kegel exercise:
SY, you may start your kegel exercise anytime from now on. The sooner we start, the better it is. I think you can search for the exercise in the web and try. I will try to search for a document that i have then upload, if I can. It was previously search by my hubby.

bellepepper, your bb is quite big leh, compared to mine (344g during scan). good that bb is absorbing quite well.

As for bottles, my friend suggested me to buy NUK teat to minimise confusion in 1st month. So, avent bottle cannot be used since it can only use avent teat (silicone). However, when bb grows bigger then can use avent or other brands. So, i will get some pigeon bottles instead.

HI all

Looks like everybody's been busy shopping...

Bellepepper: Glad to hear that your bb's doing fine. As for bottles, I found the avent teats very hard especially for newborn so i bought another brand, munchkin instead. Their teats are softer and my son has preferred using it since the day he tried. My daughter also hd avent bottles and I must say they do last longer but the teats are expensive in comparison, when you need to change them.

Pinky: At least your MIL is offering to help you. Even when I had my first bb, it was only me and HB.

blurbelle: u saw the boss of spring? She's a really nice lady hor... when I first met her, she only had one shop in suntec and did many things herself. Now it's kindda fascinating that she has so many shops and staff..... her own kid is cute too.

Hi Everyone,
long time din come in here...

Went for my detailed scan last sat, &amp; bb is 487g at abt 22wk thou i'm 23wk+ now. My EDD is should be around 1st wk of Mar...come to think of it, our bb will be out pretty soon...so excited
happy.gif

Hi Belle,
how are you feeling now? You saw me in Feb thread too rite...me still vomitting at this stage! Well, just few more months to go!

wow, everyone is talkign abt breast pump, etc...i got totally no idea what to buy at all...

Oh Blurbelle, it's true newborns don't need pillows. The PD told us not to. And they tend to perspire alot so what i did was let them sleep on a clean nappy sheet.

Guess most eldery dun quite understand our anxiety looking foward to our 1st newborn. Dats y we are so tempted to buy alot of things for the little one. Me too bought some stuffs liao...and kept away from MIL incase she nag, why u buying this and dat..hear liao oso v sian!!
I bought a food grinder, a baby milk bot stand, baby's bathing mat...etc

As for clothings, i think gotto buy slowly as bb will grow too so wil buy more when in late trimester as by then will noe the actual wgt of bb's size.

Kegel exercise:
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msword.gif
Kegel
Kegel Exercises.doc (29.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>

I think there are many versions of Kegel exercise, but all of them should be similar.

Enjoy!

Hi hi,
wow doggy, your bb is very big compared to my gal, I wonder if mine is too small. Most of my indicators in the report showed towards the left (smaller values) as compared to average. Anyway, gynae said ok, my bb has an oval head, that's why.

I went to a friend place last weekend and she taught me many things like breast pump, bottles, and shared her experiences too. Quite informative. She advise me to get a pump before delivery as we need more stimulation especially in the 1st few days. A good pump will encourage milk flow, but a bad pump will stop that. Hm, now i might change my mind and get a pump in december or so.

As for bottles, pigeon/avent are both okay, depending on the teats that we wanna use. For steriliser, she did not use it and she has maid to boil her bottles/teats etc. However, some teat covers got burnt as they were touching the boiling pot. So, its a matter of choice. I bought a steriliser because I am lazy and i perfer helps from technology. I dont have time to do all these.

pinky, your mil is helping you and this is really a blessing. Its good for you and your bb too.

Hi ladies,

Just to share....
bottles - any brand can, it's the teats that matters. I use NUK teats - the latex kind which is supposed to be closest to the mother's breast 'cos I was and will be breastfeeding. But latex kind wears out easily, so need to change frequently. I think NUK now has the wide based ones as well that can fit the avent type of bottles....go check it out.

Pump - stimulation to encourage milk flow in the initial days shld be via latching on the bb, not using the pump. Unless your bb is a sleepy one, put to the breast then sleep liao kind, then a pump is useful 'cos bb not sucking, cannot help to relieve engorgement. I used my pump to relieve engorgement 'cos my gal was super sleepy while in the hospital. The pumped out milk was cup fed to my gal by the nurses.

BB clothes - dun buy too small sizes. 0-3 mths one dun buy too many, buy the bigger ones of 3-6 mths. Buy those front button ones easier to wear. I find the ribbon ones hopeless and messy
happy.gif
. But bb clothes different brand cutting slightly different, so check out size before you buy.

Pillows - bb dun need pillows. I just use a folded cloth nappy as my gal's pillow. In fact, up to now, my gal almost 2 years old, she still dun sleep on pillows. I've got 2 pillows (the expensive babysafe kind), all wasted 'cos she dun want to use
sad.gif

Hi QQ,
Hmm...is that consider big? My bb size according to my gynae is medium...maybe my bb got big stomach like mummy...hehe

I went to my frens place...when they asked me how many months preggy i am, told them almost 6th mths and all couldnt believe! Can i check with all mummies here, is your tummy very protruding now? Mine like as tho i'm fat instead of preggy

doggy, I also don't know. my bb size is small if I'm not wrong but still fall in the healthy range (a bit marginal though).

my tummy is also not very big, but can be seen. Last time i told ppl that I was 5 months pregnant but sometimes my tummy is flat and small. Sometimes, its big and round (protruded). Still, no one give me seats in mrt, I can also say that i am fat.

Blueberries, thanks for your information.
happy.gif

oh no no, sorry...
I got my bb;'s weight wrong. mine was 433g, not 344g. haha!! very bad memory.
scaring me that my bb is so small, and yet my weight gain is so big... :p

I can't wait for tomorrow to come coz' it will be my detailed scan and it has been 4 weeks since I last saw my BB, can't help wondering whether is he alright. Do you mums have this kind of worry too? Feel like asking the gynae to let me come and see her once every 3 weeks instead of 4 as it seem like a long, long wait, and I can't help worrying whether is he OK and growing well.

hi, pinkdaisy, same here, have the same worry as you.. my detailed scan is today, and i did not sleep well for the whole of last night. furthermore, my tummy like not very big, then it has been like a month since i went and i have no idea how the baby is, is the weight ok and stuff... can't help but to worry. And, i was looking at other forums where the MTBs say that their tummy very big, but i am like 5 months pregnant and some people don't even know I am pregant. Keeping my fingers crossed for the scan later.

* Hi gals....

Finally, I did my detailed scan yesterday. So anxious and excited on sun that I didnt sleep well. Haha...I guess all MTBs go through this stage. Just wanna to share the happy news that Baby is fine &amp; healthy. Weighing 368g. Btw, my gynac said that nowadays, doc is more concern about the weight of the bb than the crown to rump length. Do you all know that?

I read that some of you are worried about the weight of the bb. Do not worry, bb should be about 260g - 340g at week 20 (all babies are different size and also dependant on the gender).

Also if this is yr first pregnancy, the tummy will appear smaller. Maybe, 2nd time Mum can share their experience with us? Thanks.

* Belle - Pls update the list for me when u are doing so...Mine is a baby BOY. Thanks
happy.gif

* Weiqi - all the best for the scan. We share the same EDD.

* Mar bride - I am only 5 months. Hmm...my tummy also look small. haha....top view looks protuding.
And my total weight gain is 3kg. actually, lots of friend commented that I dun look preggy too. Did you gain lots of weight?

* Gals - can I also ask if any of you have the same problem that the placenta is low when doing the detailed scan?

Back