(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

blueberries : i also having bad backache too. Been having them for the past 3 weeks liao.
sad.gif

starfruit, u see doctor or not? I dunno wat to tell doctor when I see him. Can't just tell him "Doctor, I got backache", right? And I'm scheduled to see my gynae only end of next week.
Hope it will go away tomorrow. I think if I got backaches for 3 weeks, I'll die
sad.gif
. Aiyah, so fan
sad.gif
. Never had this in my last pregnancy, really lao liao
sad.gif

Hellow mummies!

Was away on leave for the long weekend. Got back yesterday and had tons of work to clear. Today on MC due to flu and sore throat. Haizzz... think I am going to see a mountain of work tomorrow.

Mag... I have Ameda's dual pump. I have to say that it is quite good. Suction is good... not that noisy and the price is reasonable.

Blueberries... get your hubby to give you a back massage. I have the same problem for this pregnancy but not the last one. I think it is partly because we have to handle another toddler so it really aggravates the situation. My lower back was in pain for almost 2 weeks. Luckily it is better now.

Hi Starfruit,

I'm going to the clinic on 18th Nov at 1015 am.

Sometimes my stomach feels over-stretched. Like it is very tight and my skin is about to tear. It is not right after I eat though. Hope I don't get stretch marks!

hey oldie
how much did you pay for ameda? about $300+ rite? thats quite a big investment..i may consider selling away the medela if ameda is really that good.
just had my first prenatal massage, quite simple, she just use white oil and rub not too hard, basically for blood circulation, and suppose to help to have easier delivery. the auntie said my blood circulation not very good, should try to exercise a bit and stomach has lot of gas, very true lor, think thats the reason why i feel full so easily.

wha the ameda pump also also not cheap hor. BTW: where can we get the ameda pump. all i see is the medela, can't seem to find the brand ameda around.

Mejo: i am going back to Dr chong's night clinic at Bishan. U take MC eveytime u go see him??

Robinsons is having a Nursery Fair up till 5 Nov 2006, most of the items are going at 25% discount, and John Little hot sale is still on until this Sunday. For further details, please refer to today's Straits Times.

BB, the warehouse is very far for me and too bad that i cannot handle things by myself. Maybe you can update us what you have got from there if you are going.

I intend to buy breast pump only after my confinement, not sure if this is good.

hi belle,

did my scan last week, it's a boy. can help to update? thanks, no hurry though. take your time time.

wow ladies, can see that your discussion goes very fast, sometimes i also cannot catch it.

since you are on the topic abt job, me also thinking of changing job after i deliver. very sian and stress too!! think i cannot cope with both baby and work at the same time..... but dun know what else can i do... thought i saw someone talking abt freelance etc, can pm me???

Belle,
mine is a gal. You can update in your next run.

A good news came in just last night. my friend's mum managed to get a nanny contact for me near to my place. I can't wait to see the nanny and I'm now thinking what questions to ask, etc. A bit worried, but very excited. If the nanny problem can settled without any problem, then i will be very happy. Hope everything is right!

QQ - buying breast pump only after BB is born was what Mrs Wong advised at the Antenatal class at TMC. She said, you wont know what is most suitable until you start to breastfeed... i'm wondering if the hospitals have different brands for us to try out... anyone can advise?

Hi QQ, so lucky u, can get nanny.. I am fretting now over who can help to take care of my bb after delivery. I know I don't want a maid, so left with infant care and nanny.. all the options seem so headache.

Regarding breast pumps, just something interesting to share.. I actually have a book that shows how you can pump out your milk manually by using your hands! I suppose this can be for really emergency case where your milk is leaking but you don't have a pump with you. It's quite interesting, because they really show step-by-step how to do that and you can collect your milk in a bowl (of course the bowl must sterilise first).

The idea seems weird, but then again, when I think of cows, they also can milk the cows using hands. I suppose in the old days, when pumps were not invented yet, women had to use their hands to pump out the milk... I think it was more to relieve engorgement as you must let your milk come out or it becomes uncomfortable.

Hey Autumn, perhaps you can share some basics with us? I tried the other time but found it very difficult and tiresome. Perhaps I didn't know how to do it..

QQ: Would a nanny be cheaper than a maid? Just to share. We once went out for a meal at a foodcourt and my mum started a chat with a nanny. She brought the boy she was looking after out with her and fed him all her leftovers. And she proudly told my mum she does this almost everyday. Save the hassle of cooking and the kid likes to go out. No wonder the kid was so skinny...
I'm kindda paranoid about the weight of my kids...

Autumn, you so cute. I never thought of this in detail. Maybe I can invent a continous pipe for mummies next time so that the milk supply can be collected at all time, to a container or plastic bag hanging around the waist.
happy.gif
haha!

My nanny is not confirm yet, just need to find out more information. At least there is a chance for me. My fren's mum is so helpful and she knows many ppl around my neighbourhood.

Mag, a nanny should be cheaper than a maid in general, but nanny does not help you do housework, etc. The price should be about $550 to 600 a month for a nanny. I've yet to find out more. The best thing about maid is she helps you to clean your house and follow all your instructions. If you have someone at home, then a maid will be a better option. I dare not leave my bb with a maid at home.

Yalor, i also heard horrible stories about nanny too. Sigh! what to do, just hope that this will not happen to my bb. So, i will have a question to my nanny already. "Do you plan to eat out or cook for my bb?"

QQ, ok will update you abt my shopping spree. Btw, my SIL is very gd in breastfeeding. Maybe u can seek her advices. She's been sharing her experiences with me eversince i got preggie.

Taime baby products oso having a warehouse today and tmr - 27-28/10 but the office is sooo far away in Bedok.

Btw, heard Avent is having a talk and workshop this sunday at the asian civilisation museum..anyone attending??

Autum, i just went to the library and borrow books on breastfeeding and baby massage. The books are very useful esp for 1st time mummies. Many articles on mummies who shared their experiences b it they did it successfully or unsuccessfully...cos BF really needs alot of patient and endurance.

hey Mag
oops got it! it's sent to another email add of mine..hehe
btw I called OG and they allow me to exchange the medela mini for other items, im thinking of getting avent manual pump as a start first, I'll have a balance of $80-90, should i buy the pigeon or avent steriliser/warmer first? must all these be of the same brand?

pinky, no need to be same brand la. I think you can even choose from other departments. I found the warmer very handy, especially for warming up ebm though. The conventional putting in glass of hot water takes too long and need to change the water in between, especially if milk had been in freezer.

pinkypink,
I am thinking 1st month i should be able to breastfeed directly ma so no need a pump. Not sure still. Maybe will get a manual pump one day.
Avent steriliser is not suitable for other botttles, i heard. SO i bought pigeon. but the food warmer is suitable for all types of bottles.

Hi gals,
For those who wants to try out the ameda pump, can get a trial set from momsinmind (www.momsinmind.com.sg). Loan is for 3 days and you need to pay a fee. But the milk that you pump out cannot be used to feed baby lor.

Hand expression of milk not so easy. I only got it after many, many months of breastfeeding. Usually, only do this after pumping with my ameda to get the last bits of milk. I've heard that if you attend one of the workshops by bmsg, they will demo to you, and if you happen to meet one of the nice mothers there, they may even demonstrate to you privately in the toilets
happy.gif
. This is the url to bmsg's workshops (http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg/indexshoppingcorner.html).

QQ, maybe you need to find out from your nanny if she is currently looking after other kids/babies or have the intention to look after more kids/babies after taking your job. I know some nannies look after more than 1 kid at 1 time. Some actually is taking care of their own grandchildren. Like that, attention is diverted lor. You may also want to see if anyone in the nanny's house smokes if you hv concerns abt bb breathing in the cigarette smoke.

mag, I think that nanny you met in the foodcourt v bad lah. Actually, I ever met a potential nanny in a foodcourt. She was working as the cleaning supervisor and she approached us to ask if we want to get a nanny for our gal. Said she likes to do babysitting more so that she can at the same time maintain her house. My thots then were whether she's more interested in doing her housework to maintain her house or looking after my gal.

If you all are interested to get the food warmer, make sure you get one that can allow you to put those tall milk bottles. My bro bought one...I din see which brand. His warmer can only put those short milk bottles. When we try to put in the tall ones, the bottles keep toppling over.

pinky, think get pigeon brands better since QQ mentioned Avent cant used for other bots. I go survey the pricing 1st then c if can get it cheaper during the pigeon sale on 11nov.

blueberries, any particular brand for food warmer?

I b getting bb a stroller...any gd brands for suggestion? Heard combi and capella are well known ones.

hi gals...

was just curious...will it be too early to bought all those baby's stuff if my EDD is next yr march??
so far i had only bought cot and stroller. As this is my first baby... i really don knw wat to buy and the use of the items.. :p

Very headache...

Hey BB & QQ
thank u! dun think i can get discount cos the pigeon sales at OG over, nevermind, i just want to exchange the medela and balance maybe get the steriliser or warmer, no discount also nevermind. Just sent in my application for OCBC-Robinson Card, hopefully more sales at the end of the year.

wah, seems like you gals are very well prepared. i hv yet to even puchase anything for the baby, not even baby cot and stroller...

but it's really interesting to read all your post on breast pump....
happy.gif

I also understand from my friends that dun need to buy breast pump so soon, can buy after delivery. cos sometimes you dun know what you prefer, eg manual or electric pump loh.

Hi...
do you gals believe in finding an auspicious timing for your baby to cm out???do anyone do this before??if yes.....where to you find the shi fu???is it accurate and what's the cost.

If no, will you be thinking of doing that???
happy.gif

Hi Starfruit,

No lar, how to take MC everytime I see him. The only time I took MC was for the detailed scan which must be done on Thursday. Usually, I see him only on Saturdays, my non-working day. Tuesday cannot because I have night classes.

I have absolutely no time to think about baby stuff right now. Need to study for 2 exams and finish 3 assignments. Think I'll probably only go shopping in Dec. In any case, I'm also moving house, no point buying anything now. I've got a 2nd hand bottle steriliser though, can't remember what brand is it. I think Advent. Does that means I must buy Advent bottles?

blueberries,
thanks 4 your advice. I will take note, and I'm now continue to think of various questions to ask the nanny.

looks like many sales are going on.

Tiong SY, I personally believe in good delivery timing, but i will not go for it unless I'm a c-section case.

Hi mist, me also same as you, haven't bought anything for the bb yet except some clothings when I went shopping with my mum last week, so was getting a bit nervous reading all those MTBs here getting the bb's stuff, so am going to shopping this weekend to see what i can buy, maybe a baby cot and a wardrobe first. The other stuff like baby pram, car seat, breast pumps will buy them later.
happy.gif

wow Mejo
you have lots of things going on at the same time, good lah, at least focus on other things, not like me, keep hoping and waiting to see bb soon hehe.
hey See Yee
not well prepared, just a bit over-excited and kiasu, go and grab good promo items, slowly clear off and buy the remaining items later, spread expenses as well. my hubby has been so busy, but he accompanied me to get those stuff over the long weekends, very happy when he tried out the stroller, at least make me feel that he's really into it.
oh ya my massage lady said I'll have quite a bit of milk when she lightly massage my breasts, hope so.

veryberry, pinkdaisy,
don't be stress. I bought my items because my hb has less time with me here so better chop chop when he is with me. I'm afraid that by dec-jan my tummy will be too big to move around also. There are sales everywhere in singapore, i think you can get at least some at good prices.
happy.gif

Huh i feel my hubby is not in the mood of buying bb stuff leh. Perhaps the list of items I receive from different sources is overwhelming and I think we also do not know which brand is recommended for what items. Anyone has a comprehensive list with recommended model and brand? Think there are too much option to choose in the market. Sighhh... *upset*

hey giolyn
sometimes it can be an individual choice, e.g. different breastpump may suit diff people, and also depends on budget.
I had a great shopping spree just now - fox baby having 15% discount for UOB members - i bought 3 rompers in a pack and 1 set (top & Bottom) for less than $40! my first bb clothes.
Perkins & Dorothy also have 30-50% discount - bought 2 tops $19-$23 only!

Mist and QQ, updated for u both
happy.gif

mine is confirmed a gal after today's 20th week scan
happy.gif

anyone grabbed anything from the John little and robinson sale? I bought a baby cot for $279 from robinsons and the pigeon bundled set (steam steriliser, warmer, start kit) @ $129. Still undecided about the pump, whether manual or electric and the brand. Not sure whether got sale or not on those items.

Pumps are so expensive that i want ot make sure i buy the right one.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Current Pregnancy </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Mt A or TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pax</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peace lover</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD>90% girl</TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>BB</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rabbit mum</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD>65% girl</TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD>60-70% boy</TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Phua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olene</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Freda</TD><TD>28-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Wen Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dolly</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Karolyn Goh</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Koh Gim Hwee</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Saffy</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Odie</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Lim Teck Chye</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Princes</TD><TD>15</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Princesses</TD><TD>11</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Thanks belle.
more gals are catching up now. hee.

Not bad ya as this week has a nurseries fair at robinson and you managed to come back at the right time. I bought my items a week ago. not bad. this time, i did not buy because no one carries for me. Nevermind, lets update each other on december sales again.

pinkypink, the 20% discount @ robinsons is storewide and entitled for the public too. Its in the papers todae. If u hv robinsons card then additional 5%.

hey belle, your pigeon bundled set realli sounds worth. Too bad cant any at this moment cos HB wanna chk out @ the pigeon sales on 11Nov. Wil u still b in sg by then??

QQ, the warehouse sale on only 11Nov. My SIL might b gg wif me to see if we can really get gd buys. My "SNAKE" is drying up but stil feel alittle pain on and off. Heard fr the sinseh that the pain will stay on for quite some time.

BB, i see. Short memory ah. I was thinking it was yesterday. Any good buy then ask her to sms me. Hee.... I went to visit a fren today, and she passed me some maternity clothings. good that i can save money. i will pass them to her again when she gets pregnant. Good good.

hi bb
went down to see, didnt see anything...
btw if we get pigeon warmer and steriliser, the bottles can be of any brand right? avent products are more ex but its the only brand with container to store milk in fridge, any other alternatives?
I also save some money, getting 2nd hand cot w/mattress/linen/bumper from a fren at a good price since their bb only use it for short while. car seat also given by MIL's fren.
going for a cruise next week, but still desperate to travel somewhere..sigh..

Back