(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

Hi Blurbelle, I am not sure whether the breast pump can be sterilised using the boiling method. I just know that bottles and teats can be boiled.. but as QQ mentioned, the teats may get burnt if touch boiling pot. Hmm, just wondering, whether the suction cup of the breast pump may also get burnt?? Cos from what i understand, the suction cup is also made of rubbery kind of materials or is it silicone? whatever, it is kind of soft (it's not a hard plastic).. so if teats can get burnt, then maybe the pump suction cup can get burnt if we boil it? Any mothers had previous experience to share with us on how to sterilise breast pump?

QQ, regarding baby's weight, you can't compare like that with Doggy's baby weight. Her baby weighing 487g is at 22wks. We did our scan at 20wks (end of 20wks). Between 20wks to 21wks, the baby will actually put on more than a 100gm. For some reason the growth spurt is very high from 20wks to 21wks. So if you did your scan at end of 21wks (or beginning 22wks), your baby will also weigh around 450gm. Hmm, but then again, u said your baby weight should be 433g? I thot I remembered you wrote earlier that your baby was 344g. Mine was 350g at 20weeks. If your baby was 433g at 20wks, then that is definitely huge!!

Hi Pinky, you said u top up $21, is to add on some other products, to the $129 deal, then they deliver everything to you?

hi all, mine is 380g at week 20/21 last thur. tot mine is on the high side already coz website says it shld be 340g, but QQ yrs is even heavier !! haha.... my tummy also not very big. pple say i can hide tummy very well. now i am still wearing normal office clothes (skirts with zip i dun zip up all the way) and doll dresses. not willing to buy maternity yet coz its awkward size now, neither big nor small. since i am on sch hol soon, i intend to buy bigger size maternity wear only when sch reopens next yr.. save $$ !!!

one way my doc ensured that my tummy size is normal - he measured the length from my top of my private part to the belly buttom. he said mine is exactly 21 cm for 21 wks, so its perfect, not too small, not too big. i guess the rule is 1 cm/wk. maybe mummies who are worried abt yr tummy size can try this method.
happy.gif

Hi Tay, congrats on your healthy baby boy.
happy.gif
Regarding the low placenta, mine was not low, but a little to the left side. I read a book that says low placenta can actually be quite common in early stage of pregnancy. As the preg progress, the placenta can move upwards. So if your placenta is low, I think your doc will monitor for you. If placenta is low and blocking the birth canal when you are nearing delivery, then u won't be able to have natural delivery - you will need c-section.

Hmm, but don't scare yourself lah. Check with your doc.

autum,
oh, now i got confused, maybe mine was 344g.. sorry for the confusion, mama also dun know what is the value now. haha! seemed like its 344g hor.
happy.gif
Thanks for the clarification.

Edde, dun get confused with my figures, its all not correct.. i better check the report again tonight.

Hellow mummies... missing for a loooong time. So so so busy with work.

Belle (pepper)... my sentiments exactly! Which is why we chose the Pigeon steriliser over Avent the last time. Teats like milk powder really depends on each baby. Some take it well and some are fussy. So it is trial and error as well. For me... we started with Pigeon peralistic nipple cos from a foreign forum board it seems like most babies take it well. Avent teats have mix reviews. Some felt that the teat is harder. The other thing you need to find out is that most bottles even though different brand are of the standard sizes. So you can have a bottle of one brand but using a different brand teat. If I recall... only Avent is the odd one out.

Blurbelle... actually for newborns it is not necessary. I bought it the first time round... but until now my boy is already past one year old and still not using pillow. You can use a cloth nappy instead. If the baby throws up some milk at least you still have a layer to protect. Sterilsing the cup of the pump... hmmmm... not sure leh. But I think it might crack =p

Veryberry... don't be disappointed. Sometimes it is better that they leave you alone rather than fuss too much. Because it can really drive you nuts when they are too "enthusiastic" after the baby is born. It drove me up the walls when everyone wants to have a say in everything after my boy was born!

Re: Baby clothings. I had my fair share of overbuying. I think it is normal of a first time mummy to feel tempted and worry there is not enough. But I learn my lesson hard. Because I put away so many clothings that are hardly worn (or even brand new!). They grow extremely fast for the first 3 months especially. Like what Blurbelle mentioned... get those basic ones for wearing at home because the baby won't be venturing out much. Just one or two pieces for times when you bring the baby back to the doc for checkups will do. Try and get those wrap around ones rather than those you need to wear from top down. Newborns look fragile and you might not be too used to handling the baby. So wrap around ones are good. I like those you tie with ribbons. Besides... friends and relatives have a tendency to buy clothings for the baby as well. So you really will end up having too many pieces on hand.

doggy,

wah despite ur MS, ur bb is very big! My MS is ok now. else i will be in depression. Are u vomitting as bad as before or already improved and only occassionally?

Blueberries, is the bottle important to prevent colic? Liek Avent says their design prevent colic. Which bottle u using?

i think steriliser can be used for very long so worth to invest. and monitoring the boiling process can be tedious. maybe breast pump cannot use for very long then can reconsider whether to buy or not after starting BF. See whether bb can stimulate the flow or need to buy one to help.

Bath tub, any recommendation on bath tub to buy?

QQ, ur gynae can tell u the wgt of bb now?? WOw so gd...then i must ask ask mine when i go for the detailed scan this sat.

Heavengift, congrats on ur little prince

wah so many of us did the 20th week scan already. I must say it is very exciting to see the baby face. Now can see the tummy move when baby moves. Very fun
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Current Pregnancy </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Mt A or TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pax</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peace lover</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD>90% girl</TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>BB</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rabbit mum</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD>65% girl</TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD>60-70% boy</TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lee Weiqi</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Phua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olene</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Freda</TD><TD>28-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Wen Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dolly</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Karolyn Goh</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Koh Gim Hwee</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Saffy</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Odie</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Lim Teck Chye</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Princes</TD><TD>16</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Princesses</TD><TD>11</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hey veryberry, try fox baby clothes, they are cheap and nice, plus 15% off for UOB cardholder now. which yoga class did you try? I can feel bb kick more frequently nowadays, usually before meal or after meal time, so greedy...:p

blurbelle, i may 2 months maternity leaves, spread the balance 1 month into 30 weeks of 4 days' work, or simply 3 months maternity then work 4 days, with off on Wed, so I can bring my bb back on Tues nites and weekends.

hey doggymar, you poor thing, i really look up to you! a few more months seem very long, i can't wait esp after buying the items. I can't wait for Xmas to be here!

Hey QQ, my MIL wants to shop with us but as for helping out, no mention at all. she suggested to have bb left at "nanny's place" thru-out weekdays and only bring back over weekends, i can't bear leh. i think my girl also small, was 313g at exactly 20weeks, gynae said the weight is ok.

hey autumn, i top up $21 by buying some small items, such as pacifier, bottles holder, sponge and comb.

hey Oldie, thanks for your info on teats, i'll get Pigeon peralistic nipple. I'm controlling myself not to buy too many clothes, probably 2-3 sets of new clothes while using the used ones from my SIL, sometimes caught btw buying newborn size (outgrow very fast) or 0-3 mths.

One question: our delivery date may be close to CNY, are you girls planning to go for visiting? MY MIL cooks and invite her relatives to makan in our house which I dun really like cos it's oily and we have to pack the house after that. somemore we'll put on loads of weight then...
Also, is there a myth that says we cannot shift in the bb cot before bb is delivered?

BB, the detail scan will estimate your bb's weight, don't worry. It will be printed on the report.

Autum, I also have low placenta but not blocking the birth passage. So gynae said no problem and he will closely monitor it and let me know from time to time. So, i cannot walk too much like shopping for a few hours without a rest.

Belle, yalor very fun to see bb moves inside. I got so excited when i felt my bb moving few weeks ago. Now, i still have the wonderful feeling when my bb moves. Sometimes, I'm thinking if she is moving her hands or legs, or head.

Edde, ya ya. mine was also 21 cm, same as you. i have quite a few pieces maternity wear from my friend. From now on, no more buying new maternity wear.

I have a question to ask 2nd time/3rd time mummies. Its regarding the breastmilk storage in case i need to store mine next time.

I heard that we can store it for longer time in freezer. If we store in fridge (normal compartment), then it can last for 48 hours in theory. However, my friend's experience told me that 24 hours will be better and sometimes her milk was spoilt in less than 24 hours because the fridge was open for too many times for other purposes. Is this true? My house's fridge is opened for at least 15-20 times a day, though we are not cooking.

I'm thinking that i should buy a 3 compartments fridge if possible. I haven't buy my fridge yet since I moved in. I'm using my bil's old fridge. any idea? Any comment?

Hi Autumn, i used to boil the teats for 3mins or so but I do notice the latex ones turn a funny yellow after that, like being cooked so i gave up using latex ones. Even tried munchkin ones? I found them to be softer than the other brands like tollyjoy and pigeon and avent.
As for the funnel of the breast pump, it wouldn't melt. It's advisable to boil them cos breastmilk contains alot of oil. I was using the medela at that time, by the way. My maid would wash the bottles and funnels with the bottle cleanser first then put the bottles in when the water is boiling. 3mins then switch off fire.

Pinkypink: i haven't heard the myth abt shifting the bb cot in b4 delivery but i noe once the bb is in and sleeping in the cot, the cot cannot be moved for 100days. Usually ppl take it as date of birth count 100 days?

My edd is like ard CNY period. Dunno whether can make it to go pig out one last time b4 delivery anot. I'm simply crazy over pineapple tarts, especially the lavender brand ones from malaysia.

pinkypink, I see.
my mil also suggested that i put my bb at nanny's place overnight. She said i surely cannot handle this alone and i will go crazy or end up crying together with bb. Hm, i also wanna try out taking care alone at night if possible.

Belle,
I cincai use my bathtub bought by my mum during my customary wedding. Cheapskate but i think okay la.

hi gals
had been bz at work and was in KL for a wedding over the wkend.

re: size of tummy
dun be too bothered abt size of tummy. bb size / wt more impt. size of tummy really d/o mummy's size too. some gals r tall or have wide hips, so tummy din protrude till 6/7mths. me vv small size, so tummy started to show by 4/5mths.

re: visiting during CNY
i went visitg during 05 CNY, 2 wks b4 my boy was due. only thing was i din make a trip to JB to visit my maternal grandmother. i just made sure i had my bag and admission card, for jus in case. pinky, if u stay with MIL, i think u dun have much of a choice lor, a lot of pple sure come visitg. next yr, i'll still go visitg but will give JB a miss again.
sad.gif
that's missing JB, 3 yrs in a row.

re: bb wt
when gynae do scan, some measurements would be taken and the wt would be automatically computed. as least for my gynae's scan, the printout would have the wt printed on it. u can check with gynae during next visit.

pinkydaisy and wakey
for 1st time mommy, the anxiety is always there. for me, 2nd time liao, also lost track of the time. as long as u can feel bb kicking, moving, dun worry too much, k?

re: bathtub
i bought a longish bathtub from Toyogo warehouse, but found that it's too troublesome. when M was younger, we used a small round plastic tub, jus big enuff to put his butt and legs in. now, we got him a big round tub and he sits in it comfortably.

re: electric steriliser vs boiling method vs tablet
jus my opinion, i've used all three methods.
- tablet - vv strong chlorine smell and the teats were oily after soaking (dunno why), definitely not my 1st choice, although the soln could be re-used w/in 24hrs.
- boiling - my pea brain cont to be vv small after giving birth. there were a few times i actually forgot that i was boiling the bottles and teats. luckily, i always put a lot of water, so it wasn't burned! i've heard of cases where the mommy actually forgotten and burned the bottles black.
- electric steriliser - safest and easiest. no wasting of gas / water / electricity. usually wat i do is when the sterilising process is done, i'll cap all the bottles with the screw caps, teats and lids and keep in the steriliser.
ultimately, just choose whichever is convenient.

re: whether pump accessories are safe to be boiled or sterilised
i think it depends on the brand / type of pump. for my medela PIS, the manual states exactly which item can or cannot be sterilised or boiled. so best is to read the manual or call up the distributor if in doubt.

re: bb clothes
i bought 3-6 / 6-9 for my boy. outgrow vv fast. i think buy bigger better. if sleeves or pants too long, jus fold. can last vv long. my mom reminded me the other day to get some new clothes for no 2, bcos my boy's clothes are vv vv worn out liao. i din get a lot for my boy.

QQ, i kept what was needed for my boy's feed the next day in the fridge and store the balance in the freezer. freezer, can store for 3-6 mths, d/o whether freezer is freq opened. i'm contemplating whether to get a standalone freezer next yr for my ebm. fridge, use w/in 48hrs, but it's true that for freq opened fridge, ebm would spoil faster.

* Autum - Thanks for the info.

* Belle - Thanks for updating the list.

* Oh yes, just to share what I heard over the station some days back. Our baby will be born in the GOLD pig year. 60 years happen only once. He/she will be our lucky charm and a very blessed child.

Hi Pax and Mag, thanks for the info on the sterilising/boiling of bottles/teats/pumps. It's good that we have a couple of experienced mummies in this forum who can give us advised!

Hey Pax, I didn't think about using a round tub. Now that you have mentioned, i think it makes more sense to have a round tub. Hmm, but then again, if baby is very small and dunno how to sit, kind of difficult to put into a tub?

Err, just wondering... can we don't bathe the baby? I mean, we can just use a wet cloth to wipe the baby? Since bb is so small, and not likely to move much, is bathing a necessity? When then we start bathing the baby?

Hi belle(pepper),
I'm not so sure if bottles prevent colic. I use NUK bottles and NUK teats 'cos they come together when I bought the 1st set. I don't think Avent one will prevent colic 'cos design looks similiar to the other brands. Unless you are looking at some of those bottles that has like a straw inside, there's this brand I think is called Dr Browns or what....supposed to reduce the amt of air going into the bottle 'cos of the straw thing. Anyway, not all bb has colic...my gal dun hv, but she wasn't on bottles then as I direct bf.

Hi QQ,
Re breastmilk storage, in theory you can store bm up to 6 mths in a deep chest freezer and up to 3 mths in the freezer. In the fridge, I will keep it up to 24 hours. Really deps on your fridge and how often you open the fridge and the setting of your fridge. I set my fridge to quite cold....extent of coldness is when I put tofu in chiller, the water in tofu will freeze...hehehe
happy.gif
. I've actually kept them longer than the recommended at times, but still ok and my bb never lao sai
happy.gif
. But that's when she's older...when newborn, I stick to the guidelines.

Sterilising pump funnels
Which part of the pump funnels can be sterilised or boiled will be clearly written in the manual. For ameda, just dun sterilise/boil the tubings, caps, bellows and the connectors to the tubes. The rest can be sterilised/boiled. But dun go and sterilise/boil the motor ah....hahahaha
happy.gif
!

Hi mummies to be!

I m a newbie here. This forum is so active and informative! I was browsing thru and have gotten so much information! I m coming 5 mths (EDD 30 Mar) and will be doing my detailed scan next sat! This is so exciting...reading about all the accounts of ur scans...
happy.gif

Autumn, babies perspire alot. I bathe my kids twice a day even because they would become very sticky. When my son had eczema, my dad refused to let me bathe him and we only wiped him with a wet cloth but because he was so sticky. It was really bad then.

I wouldn't recommend a round tub for newborns cos it's easy to lose your grip and they might fall into the water. I bought a safety first tub for my son, it actually comes with a themometer to test the water temperature but my son was sticking out of the tub by 5-6months. In the end, we decided that an elongated tub with a bb rest is better. I think we paid ard 13sgd for that one.

Autum,
You hv to start bathing the baby once he/she is born. How can dun bathe the baby...he/she will pee and poo and will regurgitate milk. Milk and poo can get v messy leh
happy.gif
. Anyway, bathing quite fast one...bb cannot take long baths
happy.gif

Autum
i kind of rest bb's bum in the tub and still got to hold his upper body and neck (vv impt to hold the neck!), as he still couldn't support. got to start bathing bb bcos it's so humid here, plus all the milk and saliva. they do teach at antenatal classes and when u r in hospital, they conduct courses on how to bath bb. dun worry. it's OJT.

hey gals, i'm one of those with a 'fat' bb. at 20th/21st week, bb weighs 422g. His tummy width is also much higher than average (doc looked at us and said, 'but the two of you look so slim!' ... actually hubby and i were both fat babies when young). yea, i agree, no need to worry too much. just monitor and doc will let us know again nearer to delivery whether bb is too big or not.

Tay - i also have a low lying placenta. for more info on that, can read up here. The medical term is called Placenta Praevia. http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/complications/aplacentapraevia/

We can only pray that it will slowly move up as our uterus grow. it's really not within our control anymore. i will try to be positive myself.

I also bought Avent bottles cos someone is passing me an Avent steriliser... agree that the teats feel very hard! i was pressing on them last nite and commented to hubby that it doesn't feel like the 'real tihng' at all! But yesterday, someone posted (sorry forgot who) that 'NUK may have broadbased ones that can fit Avent too'. at least there's a glimpse of hope now. will hv to check it out. but NUK teats are so ex! BB may just have to live with it then. hee.

Autum, how cant dun bathe baby?? then smelly how..u so funny!! heee...anyway, u can get those baby's bathtub which is like oval shaped. I got one cos i got married recently...it was an item included during my GDL. so we can save on that item.

Yah, i do agreed that dun buy too many baby's clothes which are of 0-3mths cos they grow out fast. I intending to get abt 6sets..long and short rompers. But those 3-12mths, i will get more..cos 1st few mths oso cant bring him out v often.

Hi Viv, welcome to this thread!! U r rite..this thread is moving real fast. Sometimes really need time to catch up.
happy.gif

autumn... for babies who cannot sit yet... you will need to support the baby's neck while giving a bath with the baby in a reclining position. So technically the type of tub is not really that important to me. You can get those tub-mat and stick it to the bottom of the tub to prevent the baby from slipping. If you are not comfortable bathing a newborn.. you can sponge or just wipe clean. Newborns can be bathe since day one. Even in hospital... the nurses will give the babies a bath every morning. My boy perspires alot... so he gets his bath right from the day we bring him home. Moreoever the weather here is so warm.

Belle(pepper)... I think most bottle companies will have some form of special teats which they hype up as colic preventive. Though I am always quite skeptical about it regardless of which brand it is =p. Just like milk powder... everyone will tell you what is added inside to boost the brain blah blah blah... but end of the day... the person who decides if the powder or the teat is suitable is still the baby.

*verryberry - thanks for sharing. Wow, yr bb boy is big. Yes, I agree with you that there isnt much stuff that we can do. As the article says "Take life easy." I think it will be of great help. When do you have to do another scan? Did yr gynac put up any recommendation? My gynac suggested to keep initmacy away for some time.

pax, blueberries, thanks for your information.

Wow, bathing also full of knowledge here. Cham, my tub is big big and elongated. In case it cannot be used, i will need cross the road and buy another one.
happy.gif

Hahaha... if i didn't read all your responses about baby bathing, I will end up with a smelly baby!! heehee.. the thought is quite funny.

Hi Viv, welcome here! Do share your detailed scan with us after you do yours.
happy.gif

Veryberry, are you worried that your baby will become very big? I am quite worried cos i scared of pain leh. If baby big, then more difficult to deliver. Everyday I keep telling my baby not to grow too big, just 3kg will do! Very silly of me hor. kekeke..

Autum, I will protest for your bb leh. Its so shiok after a bath and you should let your bb feel shiok everyday.

Verryberry, your boy is absorbing well. Don't worry, maybe he will choose to keep fit in his last trimester.

Autum, I will protest for your bb leh. Its so shiok after a bath and you should let your bb feel shiok everyday.

Verryberry, your boy is absorbing well. Don't worry, maybe he will choose to keep fit in his last trimester.

hey veryberry, my bb's tummy is slightly below average while her legs' length are above average, looks like she's gonna be a slim bb but i really like chubby ones.

btw ladies, for milk stored in freezer, what must we do when trying to defreeze it?

Hey Pinky, with the Food Warmer (that we bought), you can straight away put frozen milk to warm using the Warmer. That's what I read on the Pigeon food warmer user guide. Put on 40 degrees and let it warm for around 25min I think. Can't remember the exact timing.

PInky, that was what i did with the frozen milk too. Put it in the warmer. That's the fastest, straight from the freezer. Alternatively, you could take the EMB down from the freezer some time b4 you wanna use it, put it into the fridge, then use the warmer to heat it up when you want it.

By the way, you ppl have pictures to share? Just curious...

Yes, the frozen milk can be fed to bb once its warm up. No worries!! My SIL oso did it this way when she BF my nephew.

who has bought the warmer?? was it bundled with the steriliser which some of u bought?

What is the container that u buy to store the BM? Because if want to put the frozen BM into the warmer, the container must fit into the warmer and tahan the heat right?

so cannot use those bag type then?

Wow, many of U had gone for the detailed scan. Me still gotto wait patiently till sat. Yday i was so tired dat i went to bed at 9.30pm. And my bb was realli gd boy leh cos he din kick me. Guess he noes dat mummy is super tired at work and needed a rest. I couldnt sleep till 1am on sunday nite cos of his kicking...luckily i had a gd rest yday.

hey ladies
thanks for the answer. so before sending bb to aunt's place, must prepare lots of expressed milk and store in their fridge, if not bringing bb back, or make trips to see bb in the nights then bring more milk...wow.

oh ya
talking about bathing, my bathroom is not connected to my room, can only use the common toilet, and its pretty small as we have a glass door separating the shower area and toilet bowls + basin. Im thinking of getting a bath-tub with a cross stand below, good anot?

pinky.. i would worry abt the tub toppling over leh.

belle.. i stored in Avent milk bags and used twister wire ties to seal them.. good enuff for me at least. u can try and get glass btls fr the hospital u r staying at. they would usually give.

Tks to mag, qq &amp; blueberries &amp; odie for all the valuable info on clothes selection &amp; pillow substitutes.

Mag,
I met 2 ladies from spring they are co-owners la. One happend to be my sister's sch mate so we chatted abit lor. very helpful &amp; friendly ppl i hvnt got the chance to meet their kiddos though. They look so young how envious!

Autuum, hmm i duno too le let me ask my sister tomorrow abt the chances of teats burning &amp; how to sterilze breast pump hee. i hvnt really see how a breast pump works so dunno which part actually we r goin to sterlize..

bellpepper
when u buy bath tub ( i think any type will do) but rem to get a nonslip mat that can fit into the tub to prevent bb from slipping at the butt area.

Talk abt bath tub, does a new born need to bath or wash hair daily? or wipe down will do? can some 1 advise?

pinkypink
the thought of CNY i very sian le..i also not very keen on visiting
sad.gif
dunno can siam or not by then i think we are very big! how to move ard from hse to hse..

oops ok my reply came in too late :p babies need to bath heheh.

Reg frozen express breast milk:
I was at the avent workshop on sunday. Was told that Frozen EBM can be stored in the freezer compartment of ur fridge up to 3 months max. If its in the normal ciller compartment, only up to 2 days. If u need to defrost, either use a warmer or put milk in a cup of hot water to defrost.

ya blurbelle
at then we may be 'fat' and 'not-so-good looking', i dun want people to see
sad.gif

ok, so today we learnt about freezing and defreezing milk
happy.gif

have anyone starting taking bu? my fren told me she took codyceps, and her bb is so strong, seldom fall sick and he's the warm type, go shopping mall also no need sweater &amp; mummy is the one who feels cold, and if bump into other kids, her son won't fall. i feel like taking a bit cos im the type who likes to take cold drinks, scared my bb too cold...

pinkypink: i heard if u take lots of boiled chicken soup, also very good for baby. its very strengthening and ur baby will come our very strong too. anyway chicken soup cheaper than cordeceps lah.. :p

pinkypink, now can start to take bu?? me only started on birdnest but its those bots types. My MIL is getting those raw ones after i hit 24wks. Issit true that chinese herbal will cause bb to hv jaundice??

But i do hear that taking codyceps is gd for both bb n mum. Me too like cold drinks cos i'm those heaty types. Now bb is big liao so guess cold drinks wont affect dat much as in 1st trimester.

QQ, i'm not getting any breastpump too..like u, i try to do it manually and c how things go.

So happie, i got shortlisted finally at the recent HDB Balloting!! My BB will hv his own bedroom liao. Wil go for unit selection end of dec.
happy.gif

so far i hvnt taken any tonic or 'bu' stuff duno how to bu &amp; scared bu till i nose bleed haha.

hubby ask me to take ginseng pwdr i still dun dare to... i love cold drinks too very shiok

bb march do u mean the REDHILL one??!!! i failed mine le..my gf too
sad.gif
sob looks like i still hv to continue staying with my dad temp... sigh.

hey starfruit,
normal chicken soup will do? this one my hubby can make. or maybe i buy a little bit of codyceps add inside.

Hey BB
congrats! there're many blocks of new flats behind my place at tiong bahru, could this be the one you got shortlisted?

Back