(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

germaine, this fish oil theory is not correct leh.. no scientific proof.. hehe.. i think maybe gwen just gotten the smarter genes and she being no.2 have no.1 to show and guide her and ger's dev is faster i think all these add up!

star,
Good good. Excited for you.
happy.gif

Germaine,
Every child is different and talent in different ways. It's true we can't have equal attention to both of them. You never knows, Clyde might be a late bloomer and be a smart boy later on.
His drawing is very nice, I think he is talented in drawing.

QQ: so far so gd. I'm looking forward to more food varieties cos hb juz brot CL to mkt tis morning. Past few day's mktg was done by mil. Last nite was 1st nite bb slept w CL. She came on sun instead of sat cos she was sick. We also told her beta to rest n recover b4 comin. Then 1st nite here I told her to rest n only start nite shift on 2nd nite.

Mummies, Happy Holiday....
No energy to be online....
I am 8wks preggie now.
Any good CL to recommend to me, thanks in advance.

Star: So happy for you. The day is soon here. Good luck & all the best
happy.gif

Leftbraini,

Congrats!

Germaine,

No lar, girls tend to be faster than boys when young. However, because they are faster, their brains also stop separating earlier whereas the boys continue to develop. So boys tend to be better at maths and abstract stuffs later on and girls are better at language. Learning is fun for the kids, let it remain fun. Allow them to develop at their own pace bah.

Thanks all for your well wishes
happy.gif

Ya man, feel so old to be a 2nd time mummy.
My gal seems to be overwhelmed to have a sibling ... she told her sch bus aunty the next day aft she knows I am preggy :p
My EDD is late Dec... better to settle CL arrangement soon.

So pls SHARE good CL contacts to me, thanks

Ash: I saw CL in yr post... u delivered? Sorry really no strength to read archives like I used to be . I juz posted fm ifone wóut noticing. Feel so tired for this round & eat like a glutton!
Eat within 1-2hrs ...
sad.gif

Pls share yr CL contacts too, thanks
happy.gif

Wha my wallet buned a big hole went down to robinsons sale yesterday cos they were having a special sale on mattress, we bought 2!!! But price very good. Those who are consideting changing their mattress should go n take a look.

Update on EJ

I spoke to his Tr last fri n found out something interesting about EJ. Recently, he has been acting up. When he did a naughty act, his friend/s will want to tell Tr n he can't seem to accept that! He will start crying n try to don't let his friends tell Tr. Then he display "meltdown" behaviour - just cry n inconsolable n refused to talk to anyone!! So apprently, he is more concerned about his friends telling, then the actual punishment. Then when questioned, he said because he is scared the Tr will punish him, that's why he doesn't want his friends to tell.

Then, recently his cc has a lot of changes. Some kids left.. Then a pair of K1 twins, they joined at K1, then switch to nursery cos they not doing well, then just switch back to K1.. Then another boy also same, but eventually left the cc because he has learning disability. Then, the school has a new Chinese Tr n they keep switching her backnforth to teach k1,2 and nursery, cos they can't decide which level she should take!!

And the problem is, their school is v small. EJ nursery class technically has 7 students only. But they will combine with the pre-nursery class sometimes and also in the afternoon, when those on halfdays go home. So I guess to EJ, he can't really understand why he cannot switch class/school when other kids can. Then because school/class so small, any in and out is very obvious n impactful.

Anyway, we just keep psycho him, tell him n advise him. Then his Tr said, she hardly punish him, cos can use reasoning with him. And that she has been giving him more stuff to do (as compared to other kids) because she sees that he is more advanced. So conclusion now is, we monitor. But I could feel that EJ seems better, after he saw that I went to speak to his Tr.

Sorry for long post.

Autum
do u talk to EJ's teacher often? my children know i always talk to the teachers. maybe he's comforted to see u talk to his teachers?

our children's CCC also lots of changes recently. a girl in M's class switched to half day.. we din know till out of the blue, M said he wan to do half day only.. :p
quite a few of Joanne & Leia's friends hv left too... she also said she wan to change school..
we won't change their CCC for now, at least this yr bcos M go P1 nxt yr & he's doing well. next year, when M go P1, i hv more flexibility to switch Jo.
after reading abt Fabien's pcf "adventure", i also hesitate abt sending Jo to Little Wings (under pcf). it's def cheaper but i worry the teachers too strict... hmmm....

autum: teng and EJ shares the same 'dun tell the teachers' syndrome! :p and the thing is.. i am the one who will agitate teng and say 'i will tell ur teacher you misbehave..' then teng will cry and say no! and his wayang acts start..
my own conclusion is.. kids these age are aware of how they can be perceived in the negative light and they strive to avoid that.. so any form of comparison. they react to that..

EJ's kidy sounds a bit luan leh. the funnist amongst ur post is the school cannot decide which level thePRC teacher can teach???!! sry. but i lol-ed when i read that. i just go thtat visual image of the principal not knowing what to do with the teacher.. and the teacher exasaperated with getting moved up and down.. sorry. i know it is not funny. but the way you wrote it is v funny :p

SQ, Astro,
errr.. EJ's cc is indeed luan! haiz.. and to be honest, I feel there is some sense of "anyhow do" at times, because of their small size. I guess it's inevitable because with the small size, some things got to give.. for eg, combining the nursery and pre-nursery in the afternoon, cos really doesn't make sense to have 1 teacher to 3 kids (for nursery), while the pN may have like 1 teacher to 12 kids. So they somehow mix together bah. As for the new chinese teacher, I was also rolling my eyes when EJ's form teacher told me the chinese teacher has been switched around yet AGAIN! And this chinese teacher is PRC and new to SG, so to her, she just accept quietly bah.. whatever level she is asked to do, she just do lor.

Astro,
Yeah, sometimes I will agitate EJ too. If there is something I don't want him to do, I will threaten and say "tomorrow I go and tell your teacher and all your classmates" :pP Chaam.. maybe I am the one causing all that insecurity in him??

Pax,
so our kids wanting to change school is actually quite 'normal'.. i guess they are easily influenced by the other kids.

Autum, Astro
i think in general, most kids dun like to be seen in a "bad" light in front of the teachers... i also threaten M & Jo at times to tell their teachers if they misbehave...

oh.. M &amp; Jo's CCC also quite small. i think <10 kids per class except K1... gd &amp; bad lah...

Pax,

YT is special. She don't care about acting up in front of the teachers. In fact, I'm beginning to suspect her teachers are having problems managing and disciplining her. Oh well. She only want to look good in front of me. She told my MIL not to tell me when she is notti. She threaten to act up more if MIL tell (Gosh! This girl already knows blackmail!) and will behave herself if MIL kept quiet. I use cane, school obviously can't use, so I think she might be running amok in the school. Oh well, this fri PTM, I shall hear from the teachers.

keke... i m the evil mommy! instead of telling seth i will tell his teachers he misbehaved... i said i will go and tell the teachers off for lying abt his good behaviour.. and that he is a naughty boy. then the silly boy will wanna 'help' his teachers by promising to be good. :p

Autumn, i think is normal for the CC to combine class in the afternoon...CO's cc also did not, but i think they did not combine with PN.

some times ago, CO also did not want to do water play...i spoke to the tr and we wondered why...later, tr told us co said is cold...which we found unbelievable...anyway, she is back in her water play.

ha ha...i havent threaten her with tr, my cane works better, which i try very hard to do that.

Same as YT, Reyden also couldn't care less how teachers or others see him. If I threaten to tell teachers/classmates about his behaviour, he'll just give me the bochap face. I don't know if it's good or bad. Positive thinking is he's not easily affected by others or how others see him.

Hmm... I've never threatened anna abt telling her teachers.. I'm just thinking hard if I've used her best friend instead.. I think don't have..

We want them to respect and like their teachers right? Why instil a unhealthy fear of teachers in them by threatening them using the teachers? I'll use their papa anytime, cos they want to be perfect to their papa..

Keira also don't like me to check with her teachers too. coz i also sometimes will tell her, maybe i shld chk with Teacher Fiza what u said is correct.

yes i think combine class is quite common esp they are not in the main stream yet. Like Gwyen is often in CLyde's class cos they feel Gwyen is more adv than the rest. lesson like show-and-tell are often combine.

hi mummies...

need some help. i want to post in the spree section but i cant access. I have emailed the moderator many times but after years - i have yet to receive a reply. sigh... anyone has this prob or am i the only one...

Magsmum,
I thought it's auto set that you'll be able to post after 1 yr? That's the case for my accounts.

Pax, RR,

Haha, as expected. Teachers said YT cannot wait. If she wants something, she wants it NOW! And she wants to do things her own way. Oh well. Anyway, teachers' way of handling her is either 1) when she is throwing tantrum and crying, leave her alone 2) take her aside and explain to her with reasoning. I guess that is acceptable and as good as it can get... All other areas she is fine. Only temperament problem but somehow, that is not something that can be changed.

QQ, i got the ballet shoes, size 28 leather n cloth for tian...sgd20. no leotard, cos more than sgd14.

Star, i did not get the shoes for rae, cos i can pass you 2nd hand, ok. just got a leotard for rae, sleeveless.

i got stocking for both girls...

please send me email...thx.

ALAMAK!!!
that was me.. i was using my gf's laptop jus nw!! din realise i post in her name! wahaha...

sorry sorry...

Pax
U joined the Kipling spree here?
Their bags cheaper?

I saw a v cute one in the shops
With 'eyes' for the penguin bag
V cute
But it was $90 AFTER discount
I wasn't willing to pay so much for a kid's bag n nt knowing whether she was going to use/like it
But v cute really
Hee

Back