(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

Star, iPad is mine! It follows wherever I go. So tian can ONI use it when I am at home. Haha!!! Jay said I might want to consider buying iPad 2 for myself . Fat hope. I am happy with just one iPad. We dun need to be so luxury. If we have two iPads, will end up jay playing his game everyday.

Wow, u can read better than iPad. I think that is great!! My reading in english can be monotonous. And the words in dr sues books can be chim and diff to pronouce de.

AAA, u wait for my full list. I was using ipad, just paste for my convenience, I will cut and paste again de, don't do anything now.
Thanks.....

AAA: I juz downloaded a dr suess on iph to try out. But A doesn't hv any of the books. So I'm not sure if he will b interested

QQ: Found it. Thanks.. Hey you jailbreak your iPad and can support flash now?

Ash: I think he will be. Should be interested in anything on the iPhone.. Haha..

AAA, jailbreak le. but still unable to support flash.. gone case le. so i think if i wannabuy phone, will go for iphone cause not much difference with this androit also.
apple has better resolution. i guess my ah boy is going to fight for iphone next time.

ash, u try first, very intersting the stories.

Help!

YE asked me over dinner tonite: 'can u cook sea cucumber for me?'

I nearly fell off my chair

I dun dare to eat them myself, n Tey look so slimy n yucky
(ssshhhh....)

Any1 has any idiot proof recipes? (CK? Autum? Irin?)

Jialat I can't imagine touching n cleaning it

Hv been searching the net for the past hr but seem so cheam de

Wah say!! Ye is v v atas sia. Haha. She has craving for sea cucumber. My tian dun eat that.
I never cook before too though my mil and my mum cook that.
There are two types? Sweet n sour type, and black sauce type? Right?

AAA, I just checked, I din have the 小猫当当 book. I have another comics, 甜甜私房猫。 might consider the dangdang book when I order.

QQ: 小猫当当 has few words which I like. But you may not like the intonation sounds and speech words. Some I can't find in the chinese dictionary to pronouce these characters. Until I got fedup! Then I just voice out the sound I think is appropriate for that scene.. For example, swimming scene.. I'll just go, "spl, spl, spl" to indicate the cat swimming, compared with the chinese characters "拍(with a kou)哈(with a 草top).
They have words like yee2 (asking question), woo-woo (crying) etc. These, together with the grpahics, make the characters very 生动 and real in the story so I don't mind. The 2As love the cat.

SQ: My ils like to have this dish, at home and when we're dining out.. So the kids when they go over the weekends will eat. They're quite ok to it, though they don't request for it when at home. Except for the smaller type with thorns, I don't really like it very much, just like the sauce that comes along the dish.

I think need to soak the sea cumcumber until they expand and become soft to the touch (may need overnight). Then braise with oyster sauce and some spices to taste..

QQ: I think you're hooked on to dangdang liao.. Hahah!! Like me.. It took me a very very long while to explore and comb through.. I enjoyed it soooo much..
happy.gif

sea cucumber

i think there are 2 types - the dried ones that you need to soak, and the "fresh" ones that do not need - like mushrooms

you can braise it, there are quite a few ways. i like to do it the cantonese style, braise it with dried mushrooms, oysters, chestnut, meat etc with dark soya sauce.
else can do it claypot style like 红烧豆腐 or slice it very thinly to stir fry - though i don't really like that coz pretty tasteless haha =)

SQ, sea cucumber are good stuff..anti-cancer food...

the dried one...i dont know how to "expand" it...cos my mil will do this for me...

my dish...

1. stir fry garlic and ginger until fragrant.
2. add in sea cucumber and fry...
3. maybe you want to add in chicken, pork or some vegetable (青蒜)
4. add in water, dark sauce, )oyster sauce, not so healthy) or salt to taste and let it simmer for a while.
i think will not go too wrong.

SQ, dry or wet? dry, u can try the dry stock market in bugis, opposite the golden hotel...

wet, you can try sheng siong...

SQ,
I just had braised sea cucumber with duck wings at Soup Restaurant!

I get fresh ones from NTUC. Braise with Chinese mushrooms and dried scallops. Fry garlic, add dark soy sauce, salt, shaoxing wine, sugar, water and braise.

Star, today ,s weather is v good. Everyone enjoyed, including my ah will. He was so happy, but then tired too. So he zz at 8 something. Then I woke him up for feed just now, he din manage to finish then slept le. Hope he dun wake up sso frequent tonight.

AAA, wow the comics of xi yang yang. Thanks. I think I will buy bah... Cause I dunno what comics to buy. I am not a comics lover myself, I hope the kids will love it.

Oh yes, the 鼠小弟, I find the books so so, very few words, but the story lines are interesting, I tried rereading to tian book one today, about the singlet. She said very nice, funny too. But when I ask her if she wants me to ut the book at her book shelf, she said mama keep. Then she said the ballet book nicer. Alamak.
But she said tomorrow read book 2 . Means wat? I also dunno.

And star is a v good at reading books to kids. English de . Tian enjoyed her reading,
Maybe I make it a PT to bring one book out whenever meeting star next time, haha!!

And the books 鸡蛋哥哥 are ok, simple stories and our kids might be able to read independently for this series, when they are about 6 years old? But the meanings might not be easy to understand for all. Quite silly the stories.

I think I am done with books for age 3-6. Will chk out above pri books next time,

AAA, I might not buy the xiaomao dangdang, cause I dun like to check dictionary so often, haha

Now I am trying to figure out what arenthe diff between seals, sea lions. 海狗,海豹 , 海狮。 cannot really tell the diff when I see the pictures. Any expert here?

Wa RR
I must bring YE out for a meal w u
Cos Hb n me dun eat sea cucumber de
Then u al can share n I dun hv to worry abt left overs
happy.gif

Thks for e steps!
Din Noe Ntuc has fresh ones wor
Is it yucky to prep?

Star pls read to YE when we meet
Thk u

QQ: Thank you for your kind words. aactually stress, cos your MIL wanted to listen to my story too.. haha .. and your MIL was really paying attention to me!!!
i came back and ask rae if she enjoyed it, i think she enjoyed the reading session more with Tian, and i was thinking that i should have brought a book with me every week to dance class and just before lunch, we could have read a book! wasted hor.. cos it only take 5 mins. Both of them were fighting to answer the questions.. and for a moment, i also dunno how to manage. didn;t know my daughter could be so vocal. Tian see rae keep asnwering also must jump in and answer, its good lah.. even though its only a short 5-10 mins reading session.
I didn;t really like the pipe piper story, think i read better if its 3 little bigs!! hahaha cos the kids can huff and puff like the wolf!!

SQ: Onz, next time if we meet for meal, i will just bring a few books along, the lady bird one.. level 3 -4 where u need adults to read to them.
hb was saying that YE's taste bud very well train, cos likes sea cucumber.

morn mummies!

supposed many took leaves today cos tmr is PH...super long wkends!!

was bz yday cos i attempted to make the steamed milk & egg pudding. egg pudding was ok. the steamed milk pudding was alittle too watery...I think too much milk. overall hb & mil gave gd comments. :p

morn mummies!

supposed many took leaves today cos tmr is PH...super long wkends!!

was bz yday cos i attempted my own version of the steamed milk & egg pudding. egg pudding was ok. the steamed milk pudding was alittle too watery...I think too much milk. overall hb & mil gave gd comments. :p

Morning... I'm super overdosed with food yesterday.. Afternoon we brought the 2As to Putien, then evening my il family has dinner at the Hokkien restauratn at OCBC Centre.. TOo much food.. But all yummy..

QQ: You're done already? That's fast. You may not need to check the dictionary as much, cos your chinese standard is better than mine. And other than the sounds characters, the kids shd be able to read 小猫当当 on their own, maybe later this year or next year..

Morning... I'm super overdosed with food yesterday.. Afternoon we brought the 2As to Putien (at Nex!), then evening my il family has dinner at the Hokkien restauratn at OCBC Centre.. TOo much food.. But all yummy..

QQ: You're done already? That's fast. You may not need to check the dictionary as much, cos your chinese standard is better than mine. And other than the sounds characters, the kids shd be able to read 小猫当当 on their own, maybe later this year or next year..

star, so can u imagine how stress i am when i do my things at home? my mil likes to see what i do too! and she is very buey paiseh one de.. hope u dun mind.. she said u can read v v well, and v v good. so it is a GREAT compliment, right?
happy.gif

luckily u cincai cincai de, otherwise i dunno where to hide her.
eventually sil din turn up cause she fed up and just went out with her friends le. we also went back after that.

AAA, sent to u le. dun faint when u see the list. decided, i am buying 小猫当当 as well. haha!

SQ, star, when we go out next time, we bring one book, then star can read to them again.
haha!!!

AAA, me and star were saying your chinese must b power power de, cause u do chinese presentation/talk/seminar before on technical things. hjaha! dun play play.... :p

my chinese 50% returned to school le.

SQ,
I absolutely HATE sea cucumber. So I am the last person who can advise u on that. :p

QQ, AAA,
I want to buy some dangdang also. But not much time to surf. I am interested in the disney type. Maybe i go see later.

mummies,
Last night EJ didn't want to sleep. He kept saying he wants to go new school, he doesn't want to go to his school. And in fact he cried and sobbed (like in fear). We asked him why, he said his teacher always scold and punish him.. then I asked is it because he is naughty, he said yes, he did naughty things.. (the teacher made him stand in the Principal's office).

Then also because there are some students who have left his school. So he kept asking why other children can change school, why he cannot. I spent a long time explaining and talking and talking.. and it was until 12+am.

Now, I am wondering, do u think I should speak to the teacher? I don't want EJ to think that because he 'complain', so I must talk to the teacher. I did tell him, even if he change school, he will still get punished, if he misbehaves. Cannot 'run away'. I also don't want to be the type of irritating parent that will complain to the teacher for every small thing.. But EJ told me he has been punished 4 times already. Well, I still believe the problem lies with him (cos he misbehave - the last incident on friday was when he took marker and scibbled on some playing-blocks).

How? Should I speak to the teacher, or just leave it?

Autum, thanks for sharing this about EJ. i think it is very common for our kids.
my take la, please dun feel agitated because of this.

i always think it is the teacher (or teachers) who mis handle the situations. the kids might not know that they cannot draw on the blocks la unless teachers told them before.
standing at principle's office is not an option to me. it create fears in them. those really misbehave ones are those poking other kids eyes, and cause injury to others.
using marker pens to scribble, means they are bored. if they are bored, we can always offer them choices to do other things. i will do so if i am the teacher.
i will make EJ clean the blocks also after that incident. make him feel that he shouldn't do that because everyone else want to play with the blocks. and EJ will teeacher other kids that they shouldn't do it to the blocks also. chances should be given.
unless, EJ dirtied the block, teacher warned him.. then he did it again out to spike teachers, then it is another story. but i doubt so.

so, of course we cannot go tell teachers they mishandle etc etc. we dun want to be that type of parents.
u should talk to teachers to knwo more.
try to understand what happened and how u can help.
knowing the epxectations , u can manage better. EJ can manage better too.

EJ is smart, he knows others can change school, he can also change mah. otherwise he wont suggest that.

to me, kids feelings are important, not small things. this one can be big things.
u remember BBmarch's story? i think adults are in control of these situations.
kids are sensitive, they know they did wrong, but they din know what is so WRONG to make them dun talk, to make them stand in principles room, and received those 眼光 from the rest of the kids/teachers/even some parents.
it is so hurtful.

u may wnt to explore what are the options if EJ misbehave in their context again.

Autum, beta to hv a tok wif EJ's teacher. share wif her wad EJ told u. actually EJ refusing to go sch oso shows dat he noes the consequences of being notti and wil be punished.

Back