(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

Dear all, last week I went to maternity-online to choose some clothings and this morning, the girl brought those clothes I have chosen to my house for preview and try. I must said their clothes all not too bad and most important, quite cheap too as compared to outside. So ended up, i bought 6 pieces of blouse and 2 pants for $199. Anyone buying maternity clothes, can consider them.

Re pigeon rapid steriliser,
$87 is a very good price. I paid $92 for mine ... after 20% discount at Seiyu but it came with 2 bottles and a cleaning detergent valued at $29.90. Those who r keen, can go get it.

blueberries: any other item on sale at kiddypalace?

veryberry: hehe.. i keen to look at some of ur underwater photos leh. ya i also planning to go diving after baby comes out. where did u go for ur last trip?

hi all...

haven't been popping by cuz fell sick too.
sad.gif
blocked nose and sore throat. such a terrible feeling.

but went for my detailed scan today! yeah... everything looks good but they didn't tell me the stats. only that everything is ok. but i guess that's better than nothing.
happy.gif

Hi any MTBs thinking of buying V-cut maternity pants?

My friend bought for me 2 v-cut pants from 9mois (black and white in small size) but i cannot fit in at $95. I will want to sell at $60 each. It comes with elastic bands and button holes at the sides and adjustable with the button. Prefer to meet in North as i stay in AMK.

If interested pls email me soon at [email protected] as I will be coming back from overseas for gynae checkup this weekend. Am flying off on next Msnday so need to meet this weekend.

Thanks.

pic of the pants.
552794.jpg

veryberry,
I bought my cot at $329 with 15% + 5% rebate for card member = about $266 (final price).

The cot can be adjusted to 4 levels and convertible to toddler bed.
Vanille Baby Cot + mattress + 9 pcs bedding set.

Starfruit, I also told hubby that our bb is a piggy princess. haha!!

hey edde
happy belated birthday! aiya im not a robinson card member so couldnt grab the 20% discount, at most 15% at John Little but I managed to buy some good deals from OG! A helpful sales auntie helped me chose the goodies since i dun know which to start buying!
1. Combi Pram at $248 include free hi-chair worth $89! Good buy!
2. Medela Single Electric Breast Pump $189.90 + 15% discount = $161.40!
3. I spent the rest on small items such as mittens, towels, blanket, nail cutter, powder container, cot sheet even breast pads and wipes since there is 20% for pigeon products. There's also 30% discount for Lollipop (blankets, towels head-up duos etc)
I will be waiting for Avent sales to get the bottles, steriliser and warmer.
Hye bellepepper
is that you in the picture?
Hey Tay,
buy M size clothes now i guess. the sales auntie tot i just gave birth..tummy small mah..hehe

pinky, u r very funny. That's not me in the pic lah. If i so pretty i can be model liao. The pic from 9mois website :p

QQ wah u got a very good deal for ur cot. Too bad i am in HK cannot buy
sad.gif

hi blueberries, Taysetsuri, QQ, pinkypink, thx for yr BD wishes !!!

QQ, thx for yr tips on the pigeon sterilizer sale!!! i grabbed mine from causeway pt branch today !!! come with 2 milk bottles and 1 bottle of cleanser too !!! on top of the discount i used my $20 fraser point shopping centre voucher so i got mine at $67 !! wat a steal !!!

BB and moogen, hope u gals get well soon !!! take care !!

Taysetsuri, i bought a bustier top from topshop and wore it to a wedding dinner too...i wear a size 14 for topshop tops. recently i bought a black laced short dress at city hall ronbinson's at 20% discount, so its $88. the brand is Embre. intend to wear it to a wedding dinner too... like u, my tummy is too big for normal clothes but too small for maternity..
sad.gif
maybe u can try these places.

veryberry, the cot i bought is a lucky baby's oxford baby cot, it's white and can be converted to a junior bed. $299 before discount, comes with mattress and pooh bear bedding set, no bumper though... the stroller is bought is a capella 707 series. $249 before discount. available in light blue and red.

the britax car seat we wanted has arrived !! am gonna grab it tmr !! its a convertible that can be used from infant to 4 yrs... $300+ before discount i think...

happy shopping gals !!

hey bellepepper,
why not? its possible tat u may be the lady in the picture...
hey ladies
any advice whether pigeon bottles/steriliser/warmer better or avent? must we buy the same brand for all 3 items? are u going to buy a bag to store these items? For bottles, are u buying 3 or 6? the sales assistant said buy the small size first, when bb grow bigger, we'll have to buy the taller bottles.

Hi pinkypink,
i heard that avent steriliser only fits avent bottles, but pigeon one can fit any type of bottles. Avent warmer's feedback is not bad.I intend to get one warmer during year end sales if there is any. Now there is no sales for avent products.

moogen, stay healthy.
happy.gif
the haze is quite bad one week ago and many ppl fell sick.

Edde, there were only two boxes on the shelf when I bought the steriliser. I guess both of us grabbed them. haha!
Quite happy with my shopping this weekend.

hi pinky, u didnt get alot of wipes rite? i might just get a few packs to stand by first, not those big boxes that are cheaper cos afraid the wipes will dry out too soon still got 5 mths to go hmmmm...

BB dun worry n pls take care of your health ya.

Hi All

I'm actually due 23feb but hope i can chat here as well. This one is my no. 3. Hee

Pinky, belle: I previously bought a lot of wipes and just stored them in the fridge. It would stay 'wet' until we wanna use them. No worries.

Bellepepper: You are due for your check this weekend? Isn't it tiring to always fly to and fro? I'm also having headaches about flying home or delivery now. Still have to lug 2 other kids along with me.

Mag,

It is a good break from HK for me to travel back to Sgp. Although it is troublesome and i hate taking planes and plane food. I admire u, still got to lug two kids with u to go back Sgp for checkup. How frequent u go back for checkup? My flight is around 3 plus hours. What about urs?

edde: wah u got such a good deal! Wah u Moms really got all the energy to start sourcing and "fighting" to get the last few pieces. I was still thinking of buying during Dec, coz worry buy now like too early and havent done enuff research yet. But i think should learn from all of u, start sourcing now and wait for sale.

BlurBelle: What wipes are u ladies discussing about?

Pinky: My tummy is not that big yet. Is urs as big as the picture?

Recently my appetite is not as good. don feel hungry....i tot by now appetite should be so good that keep on craving for food? Aiyo....

YEah this weekend i am going to fly back for checkup, can finally see baby and see how much weight i have put on.

Been getting cramps when sleeping now....wonder is it due to lack of calcium?

bellepepper those wet wipes for bb's butt hee.
envious some of the girls here hvnt really wear maternity wear, i started since 1st tri. so sian n demoralised dunno wat to match to go out & work! starting to look auntie oredi.

i hv consistent back aches for 2 days oredi..right buttock pain too. did u stand very long or walk too fast? dun think cramps assoc with calcium maybe u try doin yoga or stretches it might be muscle pull or u sleep in aircon? isit leg cramp make sure u are covered in blanket.

Hey QQ and bluebelle
i bought a few packs of wipes, plus a little box with the opening to pull out the wipes, more hygenic. the sales auntie said can keep.
hey bellepepper,
no lah, i think mine half that size only, the bottom part of the tummy popped a little, but the top portion havent pop yet. if i wear my usual clothes will show cos i used to wear tight fitting clothes. im looking out for nice-looking adjustable pants or jean skirt.

Hi all,

URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have applied a filipino maid from Nation to take care of my new born bb boy. But before her arrival, I decided to quit my job, and therefore I do not need to maid anymore. As I have already paid for the agency fee and insurance for the maid ($650), I thought of transferring the maid to someone else. You only need to pay a portion of the total cost. Pls contact me ([email protected]) if you are looking for a maid.

belle, I'm expecting a boy this time. So i'd have 2 boys and a gal. HEe

bellepepper, I am not going back for antenatals. Only went once during the recent holidays. Our flight is about the same time, 3.5hrs. What do u do in HK anyway?

hi belle, I'm expecting a boy. So i'll be having 2 boys and a gal.

bellepepper, I've only gone back to sg for my detailed scan, bloodtest and urine test. I won't be going for the usual checkups. Only returning ard X'mas time. Does your hb accompany you home each time? What you doing in HK anyway?

Hi bellepepper, I've had my detailed scan yesterday and confirmed a princess too
happy.gif
Pls update for me, tks.

my baby was cooperative too, scan done in 15mins and it's a real relief to know tat baby is doing alright inside cos my appetite not too good too. bellepepper, u can try wearing socks to sleep at night, it might help with the cramps. reason being our feet are the furthest away from our heart and thus at night they will be coldest too. also, try sleep on the left side with a pillow behind you for support on the right. i'm also having buttocks ache liao, but after a good massage last sun, was able to sleep quite well.

QQ, Starfruit, i'm am also excited to have a piggy princess cos' that's what i've been hoping for
happy.gif
imagine we can buy those cute piggy wear (pink) for our bbs, pink clotings, pink hello kitty wears, etc, thinking of it makes me excited. when my princess grows older, i might also get the same pinky wear as her and wear out as a set :p muz maintain my figure, i always envy those mothers who look so pretty and have a pretty daughter tagging beside.

i've put on 2kg so far, gynae assured me it's normal. should be putting a max 2kg/month from now till delivery, ie, 12kg in all. hopefully i can make it, juz realised my sis put in 20kg in all and only managed to shed 10kg after delivery...

Rabbit mum, congrats!

Pinky, me too. my bottom has pop but not the top.

Mag, so u only scan once? NOt anxious to scan every month i suppose because u are an experience mom already. Ur gynae WK Tan is so good, even though u never go for her checkup she is still willing to deliver for u ?

i work in HK because my hubby works in HK. So far he has been accompanying me back for checkups. he is excited when he can see the baby during the scan.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Current Pregnancy </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Mt A or TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pax</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peace lover</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD>90% girl</TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>BB</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rabbit mum</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD>65% girl</TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD>60-70% boy</TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Phua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olene</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Freda</TD><TD>28-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Wen Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dolly</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Karolyn Goh</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Koh Gim Hwee</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Saffy</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Odie</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Lim Teck Chye</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Princes</TD><TD>14</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Princesses</TD><TD>10</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

bellepepper, you are also working? What do you do?

I will go for checkups once i return to singapore X'mas time. WK Tan was and still is really nice. I asked her nurse to ask if she could give me a discount on her package since I would only be seeing her closer to delivery. She not only gave me her old price, she even reduced another 300 as she says i would have missed alot of checks by then.
The only time i get to chat with her is when she is cleaning me up after delivery. We came from the same pri/sec sch so i asked her about some rumours abt sch being haunted and stuff. Haha, she had a great laugh.

I do get paranoid once in a while, especially if bb has been quiet for awhile, but he seems to know I'm worried and would give me a kick or move to let me know he's ok.

Will your HB be going back with you end Jan then? And staying till after delivery? Mine can only return closer to the date.

mag, my job is desk bound, dealing with propery investment &amp; asset mgmt stuff. How about u?

So u mean u took up a pre-natal package with WK Tan even though u will be missing out a lot of the checkups? Wah not cheap then. Or is it u just took up the delivery package?

my hubby will only return when i call him that i am in labour !! i dunno when i will really go into labour and EDD is just an estimate. But he has only 5 days paternity leave./

bellepepper,

I'm teaching in Guangzhou at Raffles Design Institute, formerly Lasalle.

WK Tan package includes antenatal and delivery. No separates. I haven't paid the deposit yet as we only have to pay on 2nd visit. But they have booked my room for me already. I'm taking single-bedder. What about you? Already know most of the nurses at the clinic cos i'm considered frequent. Haha.

My HB says to inform him after my next checkup when to go back, but ideally he would return 10days b4 edd as Dr Chang, who did the detailed scan for me said the bb might be bigger than we thought. Anyway, it would close to CNY then and we would have a long break in China anyway...

Would you be taking maternity leave then? And returning to HK after your delivery?

mag,

Wah u r into the design industry ! so u can design ur own maternity wear is suppose? I intend to take one bedder too. Must we book the room so soon? Hmm....i must ask my gynae too, just in case no more one-bedder. Need to pay any deposit to book the room now?

oh ya u will deliver close to CNY so ur hubby can take the chance to come back for a long break. Mine in Mar so he will be back for one week during CNY and fly back to HK and wait for me call. I am so scared that if i call him and he cannto get a flight in time, he cannot be there to support me during labour
sad.gif
so i tot maybe should opt for C-Section but i think recovery will be slower. haiz....

Still need to sort out who to take care of baby if i go back HK, it is another headache. For u, who will take care of bb?

If ur bb too big then what will happen? Induce?

belle,
I'm only teaching English la. I was from mass comm. No need to pay deposit to book room. I suppose it's just to let the hospital know estimated number of women due so they can prepare in advance.

From about 36wks, your gynae should be doing an internal check to see if you about to deliver (at least that's what WK Tan does). So perhaps you can ask yours if she can estimate when.
For my first delivery, i had absolutely no clue until i had the feeling to poo so bad and had a show. At was 4am in the morning.I only delivered at 1732 in the afternoon. Monitor your body closely to check for the signs.

I have already employed an indonesian to look after the kids. She is already working at my place in sg

Hi Mag

Oh teaching eng...aiya can ask ur students to design maternity wear for u then
happy.gif

When u say u have a feeling to poo so bad, is it something like having diarrhea pain? Like the stomach gots lots of contractions similiar to when u having diarrhea?

So u didnt know whether it was because u wanted to poo or was having labour contractions?

btw, do we pay the confinement lady the whole sum when she starts or when she leaving?

anyone intending to not shower for the confinement period?

QQ, i also saw 2 left on the shelf !! hm.. maybe they only put 2 at a time to "zhi zao jia xiang" that its selling out soon !! haha !!! but still happy that we bought them at a discount!

bellepepper, i actually read from other threads in this forum to check reviews on products.. tried and tested so i believe they should be accurate. but of coz different pple have different opinions... like for the stroller, i din buy any of the fav (like maclaren) mentioned but a capella, coz hubby and i like the inverted handle design, meaning we can choose to let baby face us when pushing her... and also the we are comfy with the price. cot wise i din do much research, see pretty buy lor haha!!! but the pigeon rapid steriliser and britax car seat are recommended by some mummies
happy.gif

belle: me too thought that was u in the pic..hehehe and i tot wha u very pretty leh. anyway why ur friend buy such a small size for u?r u very small build?? BTW: R u seeing a doc in HK? my aunty was seeing a gyane all the way when she was in HK, she even gave birth there.
My backache started like 3 weeks ago. Dunno isit my sitting posture. seems like back aches very easily nowadays.
With regards to cramp, u need to do some stretching exercise before u sleep to minimize the cramps. flex ur feet forward and hold for a few seconds. then flex back n hold again for a few secs. Do this a few times each on both feet before u sleep. This will minimise u getting cramps.

QQ: ya lor..me also very excited about my piggy princess
happy.gif

Pinkypink:is the OG sale still on now? what is the model of ur combi pram.. got free high chair, very worth it leh. I also planning to buy a combi pram. I also bought the pigeon steraliser cos it can fit all bottles.I bought NUK bottles and planning to use them instead of avent.

Rabbitmum: ya ya..haha. i also thinkig of getting matching clothes to wear with my girl the next time.Cos i remember when i was young, my mum bought a piece of cloth and she made it into 2 dress, i for her and 1 for me. same cloth but diff design and we use to wear them out. I think i will buy a lot of hell kitty stuff for her.. cos i am a fan of hello kitty..heheh

Mag: how long have u been in guangzhou? ur hubby works there too?

Mejo:I never see u that day leh at Dr Chong's clinic. when is ur next appt??

I am running out of clothes to wear!!! tummy bulged so much all of a sudden. Went to kiddy place today but the clothes so ex. i ended up buying a XL top at Bossini..hehe.. much cheaper.. only $16!

bellepepper, i don't really bother about looking for pretty maternity wear anymore cos my theory is, since you've looked fat for so many months, all the more you must put in effort to look good after. Anyway, that was what gave me the motivation to diet, stop snacking etc after delivery to lose weight. But I still took 8-9months before i went back to my pre-preggie weight the last time. Breastfeeding helped me but the process was very slow cos you still need to eat enough to produce that amount of milk needed.

The feeling to poo is like having diarrhoea for me. And i didn't noe i was in labour. It was just shortly after mid-autumn festival then so i ate alot of pomelos... I think that helped.

We only paid the confinement lady when she is about to leave and not before. But for mine at that time, she did ask for an angbao when she came in. She said it's the practice.

And FYI, I showered 2 times a day and washed my hair everyday. I couldn't stand being smelly and sticky and uncomfortable, especially the smell of breastmilk on me. I was like a walking fish tank. Ha.(Took a lot of fish)

Starfruit: I've been in Guangzhou for more than a year. We only came cos Hubby accepted a job with a permanent posting here. Everything looked so good in pictures about this place but when you get here.... arghh! The traffic is comparable to Bangkok, for one.

ONly good thing is that there are alot of wholesale centres here, clothes, shoes, bb items, toys etc. Sometimes, we can get Gap/carter's or whatever bb brand rompers for $1-2 SGD. I also bought a lot of carter's shoes for my daughter and it costs only like 6-7SGD.

For my first preggie, I did another detailed scan at about 32wks, but i think that's because I had placenta previa (Low placenta) so my dr wanted to make sure i could deliver naturally...my second one no problem, so only one detailed scan.

Mag,
Ya, i have been to GZ many years ago when my hubby worked nearby. It was not very fantastic and the air is very much polluted. I can hear the traffic (all cars kept pressing their honks) at all time. Their clothings are indeed very cheap, and also their toys.
happy.gif

Starfruit,
i happened to passby toapayoh MRT the other day and they are selling tops at $15 each. I bought 2 from there too. No brand, but it is long enough to cover our tummies. I think I have enough maternity tops already. I find that my tummy is smaller in the morning, and it grows bigger in the afternoon and it collapses again at night. Quite funny hor.

My bb gal was facing down during my scan, cross-legged. I wonder if she is comfortable in that position.

hey starfruit
i've asked for delivery of all items to my office for storage, dun have the model now but the receipt says CS-439DX not sure whether this is it. I also saw the same promo at Tom &amp; Stefanie.
Hey edde
how much did you pay for the pigeon steriliser? looks like i've missed the promo.
Hey QQ
my tummy grown bigger last week, after the holidays, it shrunk, so sad. maybe i slept past breakfast so skipped 1 meal.

edde,

wah u already bought so many things...i am excited. Feel like buying something too. so far havent bought a single piece of thing. So u serious about after giving birth to take no pay leave ? Oh want to ask u, is the course in NIE tough? I am seriously considering taking up teaching. u think should i teach in primary or JC? Because i studied economics so it is either Pri or JC i guess.

Starfruit: aiyo actually i am small size but my hips cannot fit into the pants. maybe i am small size but very pear shape ha ha....and u know maternity pants so expensive, if buy wrong one better sell. So anyone of u are keen pls let me know coz i am coming back only this weekend for checkup. And nope i don do checkup in HK because so far i havent found one that provide as good service as Dr Caroline Khi.

Mag, wah so desceptive hor, diarrhea pain is actually labour contractions. Omg, so nearing to our EDD, we have to look out for abnormal diarrhea pains. So good u can buy all the bb clothes so cheap. Ya china textiles are cheap. So did u buy a lot of maternity wear from china too? Maternity wear are soooo expensive. i feel they pruposely jack up the prices. that little extra cloth cannot be so expensive mah. The air in GZ must be very horrible. I hate the air in HK. permanently got a greasy smell due to all the restaurants exhaust which have no place to escape due to overcrowded buildings. I wonder if it will affect the bb's devt. Ur two children living in such a polluted environment are they ok? Singapore got a bit of haze and people are already sick. imagine both of us everyday breathing in haze. I worry if i raise my bb in HK, she/he will have respiratory problem.

QQ... i think the situation has gotten worse since the time u were here. I really hate driving here. It's a real killer

bellepepper... i haven't been buying bb stuff cos too lazy to go out. Hee.. we live in the suburbs in panyu, so the air there isn't too bad in comparison to the city and in our condo, there are alot of trees and plants and stuff.
I hardly buy maternity wear here cos it's so UGLY! all the pants would go up to your belly and there are no skirts!!! When i ask for them, they would think you are an alien asking for the impossible and that there is no such thing in the world! The women here still wear the 1980s style of maternity dresses. yucks

Mag,
wow u drive in GZ, then u must be a superb driver. I hate the traffic there and I cannot even cross a road properly. haha!! Panyu should be much better. My hb used to be in Donguan, very bad also.

pinkypink,
tummy changes size from time to time. Don't worry. I think it also depends on the bb's position inside.

I like attending Mrs wong's class. She emphasize a lot on stretching and simple exercises which are good and also include what starfruit had mentioned (reduce cramp).

mag, i suppose china is colder so they wear pants ? Lucky u stay in countryside. Ya fresh air and nice environment is so important. Sgp is really a nice place to live, with so many trees. No where else in the world a city has so many trees.

Want to ask MTBs here how is ur appetite and ability to eat large meals. Now i am in week 20 and i feel i cannot eat 2 meals already. One lunch is enough to fill my stomach the whole day and i feel so congested like the tummy really got no place for my food and expanded uterus. How?? I am really scared when the bb grows even more i cannot even eat my lunch!

mag how is the feeling like when the stomach expand so big in the last tri? When i see those expectants with big tummies, is it during the last month or last 2nd month? am so scared i cannot handle such a big tummy, now even turning in bed i need to do so slowly and waking up or coming up from a chair. acting like an old lady liao.

Will we feel breathless as our ribs and lungs get compressed?

Belle,
My appetite is quite okay. Maybe you can try taking smaller meals at a time. Since you are small in size, maybe the space is not big enough to fit large meals. I have no problem eating large meals now, but i cannot eat heavy dinner as the bloated feeling is there and will cause me vomit at night. Ya, i heard that when bb grows bigger, then we will need to cut down our food quantities each time.

I eat 3 meals plus 1 snacks (or 2) a day now.

*bellepepper - was just thinking, is it not easier for you to bring the pants back to the shop for an exchange (with the receipts of course)? i'm sure if the tags are all still intact, they shld oblige? basic customer service mah...

*belle - for your leg cramps, every time you feel it coming, stretch your legs out, and flex your foot inwards. something my hubby taught me 2 weeks back when i had my first leg cramp. I've tried it once since.. and prevented a full-cramp. phew! Hope this helps everyone!

*btw - wanted to ask if anyone has heard any Reviews about Prenatal Yoga at 'Birth and Beyond' (Tanglin Shopping Centre) and Mother&amp;Child (Tanglin Mall)? price comparable. thinking of starting this sat. can't decide which to go with. Hmmm...

hey bellepepper
i can't eat big meals too, i dun eat a lot and yet the tummy becomes so tight and bloated! so i tend to eat more for breakfast and lunch but light one for dinner, plus snack a bit on fruits, ice cream in between. sometimes i try to take deep breathe to feel better.
hey veryberry
i think the price for mother and child is cheaper, im also keen.

veryberry, anyway bought new pants and so i don think i will exchange lor since i got other pants to wear.

as for my leg cramps, actually it is toe cramp. and i know i better don stretch my toes when sleeping. then it wont happen
happy.gif

Pinky: i tot i rather don eat too much else i put on more weight and tummy gets even more cramp. u think i got logic? i just eat light breakfast and lunch to make sure i don faint and got enuff energy and baby get enuff nutrients. i think dinner not necessary liao.

hey bellepepper
i think we should still eat the same or slightly more than last time. Im also worried tat bb dun get enuf nutrients etc. maybe when you feel hungry at night, snack a bit or take cereal drink. My hubby and MIL will nag at me for eating so little, but i managed to put back 2 kg over the past 3 weeks, now im back to the pre-pregnant weight. gynae says we should put on about 2kg every month.

hi all, tks for your concern. i'm getting better. gg bac to work next week. I went out to suntec yday cos been coping at hm these daz till i got so bored. Managed to get some maternity t-shirts and a dress. Can chk out spring maternity or cloud 9 at suntec. T-shirts are 2 for $49.90.

Wow, all of u started buying many stuffs for bb liao!! Me only managed to buy 3 rompers, 1 pair of bb shoes and 1 jumper from taka as there was discount gg on. Decided to start buyin bb's milk bots,cot and pram after my detailed scan next week.

How long does the detailed scan takes??

hi pinky, the pigeon rapid sterilizer is selling at $87 at kiddy palace now... you might wanna check it out real soon !!! it comes with 2 milk bottles and i bottle of cleanser!

bellepepper, there is a huge twist to my decision. instead of getting a No Pay leave, i am going to quit right aft my maternity. yes. quit. if not for the paid maternity leave, i will quit immediately. had a bad incident with my P last Fri that led to this decision, makes me realise that it is not worth staying in my current school with an unappreciative, disrespectful and hypocrite P who even "threatened" me with my leave. if i am going back to teaching aft my baby reaches 18 mth to go childcare, i will reapply to another school as part time or adjunct teacher.

not wanting to be a wet blanket but pls consider hard in becoming a teacher. wat are yr reasons to join teaching? pls dun believe the rosy pic MOE is painting, its a different scene altogther, unless you are very lucky to get into a good school which is rarely the case.

anyway, to answer yr qn, since yr major is econs, you may be deployed to teach maths and eng. these are the more general suibj. if you have a good honours, you may be deployed to a JC. usually grads are seldom posted to primary unless requested.

whether NIE is easy depends on the dept you are in. for eng, there is a lot of classroom practices and reports to write. i heard from friends in NIE now that projects are inreasing in number and more demanding. dunno how true lah... maybe diff people diff threshold.

compared to some professional jobs like engineering, auditing, banking etc, perhaps teaching is a much easier job. teaching can be a veryeasy and lobo job if you are the kind of bochap teacher who do the min. but if you are the type who take pride in yr job and wanna do it well, teaching is def not cushy.
sad.gif

Hey BB
duration of detailed scan depends on how cooperative your bb is. mine only took about 20 mins. I havent buy anything clothes for bb yet, my SIL will be passing me some of her daughter's.
i recently ordered 2 maternity tops from gap - from our forum and a little romper, i'm not sure whether the size fits me, i used to wear x-small/small clothes, so i ordered S/M size from Gap since its amercian size, test out first then order more next time.
hey edde
thanks, i will check it out at tom &amp; stefanie, if dun have, just my luck
sad.gif

Back