(2007/02) February

jazz, i have a rug for the living room. so far so good, not a problem. Same worry as you for the wallpaper, worried that Ashton will draw on them. But its v bare without and since I may have to stay in this plc for the next 2 yrs, I got to do somethng about it. Need to go back to a nice, cosy plc.

sap, must get a good pump. A good pump is worth every cent cos u will get a better supply of bm. So, get the best that u can afford, will not regret.

cherryale, the other night, Tim took a screw (i don't know where he got it from)and started scratching on the boring white wall. Can't imagine what he would do with the attractive wallpaper. actually, i was thinking of getting a rug similar to yours but hor, i am also tempted to get the silk carpet.

Sap, u bought a place in KL? Buidling a house or an apartment? I am busy hunting for a good carpenter as i think i have quite a lot of carpentry work to do

cherry, jazz, i have wallpaper in my home... cherry, u seen it b4 rgt? welll.... zz at 1 pt of time did use his fingernails to scratch the wall... but overall, if u look a distance it not so obvious. other than tat, it quite some time since i see him vandalising... keke. he only puts hsi hands against the wall as he follows his mei mei's actions

anyway we got a torn in the wallpaper
sad.gif
n it done by the bigger kid daddy... haha.... he was happily opening up zz prezzie n was standing too near the wall n the tape "flew" to the wall n .... he was always saying zz will damage his wall but who knows...

i wonder if i can repair it myself... since i got some spare wallpaper? but luckily it at the bottom... if not v ugly...

Congrats to Smurfy!! Happened to see ppl congratulating her so went in to kpo. 4 pushes and baby out! Well done!

Congrats Smurfy!! Baby is in very good weight
happy.gif
Next will be Huskie

Jazz,
Me and hubby bought a landed double storeys. Have to start looking out for ideas especially for the kitchen as my mil favour wet and dry kitchen to be separated. Have to do extention for the kitchen and have to fork out 2 to 3k just to get the design approved before proceeding. May have to wait even 2 months for the approval. Wonder if I should just do it and hope that the neighbour will not complain else we'll be in trouble.

:p
tot no point posting the birth story here. yah bb is 3.185kg despite onli 37 wks... same as korkor... induced, natural with vacuum :p.. but this time the over all birth process more comfortable... did i mention.. my room got internet? kekekek like hotel stay here..

smurfy,
CONGRATS!! Exciting hor?
Yes, my room at KKH also had internet. I was posting pix and messages here within 2 hours of delivery
happy.gif
. Enjoy your rest at the hospital. Hope your Roomba will be of help to you.

Hello mummies, how's everyone?

Been very busy lately with my work and the kids of course.

My project is going to be completed soon, so that mean my relocation to China is coming soon as well. Haiz... So far have no time to think about it too much cos i am busy wif YE audit now (with my one and only assistance left just 1 week before the audit), the project itself and other PR stuff. Plus sick now, so triple sianz...

Jazzcy, u bot Casa Merah? So nice!!! U bot directly from the developer or sub sale? We were hunting for a condo at Marine Parade area and actually found something we liked, but in the end did not get anything, cos the price went from S$750+psf to S$1000psf. Scary!!!

Sap, u also bot a terrace house? A lot of reno work to be done but enjoy hunting for the reno stuff! We are actually considering selling away our JB house cos under utilised plus wif my relocation, think will hardly have much time to stay in the house. But that is our first house (got sentiment value) and also considering next time we go back JB also need a place to stay. So keep it for the time being. Hei, I think i post out ur Olivia to u first k cos the other 2 pairs like take forever to reach.

Yes, smurfy, would love to see QY's meimei's photos. Post some when you have time.
happy.gif

Catz, i also wanna order Reuteri. Is it in big bottle? Shd i order 4 bottles or 12 bottles? the shipping cost is US$4 irregardless of the amount of items ordered? Anyone else interested?

I just checked, international shipping cost is US$12 for 12 bottles of reuteri via DHL (US$1 per bottle). Will be ordering 12 bottles. Anyone interested let me know ya.

Jelly,
If u don't need the money, would advice you to keep the house. There is always value in landed properties. Houses are getting so expensive now.

Jelly, bottle not v big but lasts quite long hence for freshness sake, just order 4 at a go. Unless you bringing to china!!

Sap, i dun mind to send the Olivia to u first so that u can wear now.
happy.gif
Ya, will keep the house for the time being.

Catz, thanks for the advise. Will get 4 bottles of reuteri and 2 bottles of sambucol to try.

jelly,
Ha ha! Actually to tell u the truth, I finally found the Olivia shoes here (was selling at Parkson). Although much more expensive, was thinking most probably the shoes will take some time for the shoes to reach me. Planning to give the pair you're having to my mil since she likes it. So, no rush
happy.gif

cherry, my ss also dropped cos menses came back liao. Since stephen alr 6mths liao so I intend to stop anytime. Me also looking for location for 1st bday party. Where you looking at?

jelly, oh, you gg to China soon? Must learn to be aggressive if you want to survive there hor?

Catz, aiya, me having headache also from lack of sleep lah. Sigh... Stephen wakes up hrly and Sherwin wakes up 2x each nite. How to sleep???

Jazzcy,
Casa Merah is very near my parents' place.

Giggler,
I really feel for you. How do you manage to concentrate at work? Sherwin still wakes up 2x? Why?
Last night I had the monitor on the wrong channel, and so didn't hear if Gabriel cried or not. Hehehehe. Bad mummy hor? So I slept through the night myself, leaking away on awakening. He was still asleep when we checked at 7 am, so even if he did cry, he eventually fell back asleep again. Otherwise, Gaberiel also wakes 2 - 3x at nights.

SMURFY!!! congrats!!!!...
kao_cheers.gif
kao_cheers.gif
kao_cheers.gif

hehehe....baby is really good weight considering 37th week!...luckily you took your maternity pics early!!! but i haf yet to see!!!...

jelly,
never see you for v long time le..you going china soon..bringing the girls along?? yeah my bestie is in china and its really tough!...but the good thing is..the singapore expat there are v helpful i think..they usually help each other out!..going which part??

Giggler,
poor you..both sher and steph sleepin wif you? Sher is still waking up 2 times for night feed? did you try the oldwives method of diluting his milk feed?

smufy,

congrats!

gigg, sound awful to have "band" in middle of the nite... is sher woken up by stephen? guess it get better when they grow older? now G is sleeping thru the nite liao. but she sleep lesser ...

smurfy, congrats! Both my kids also borned 37weeks which I like cos if they are of good weight, better to come out and let them enjoy then to keep inside right? Hope you will have a good rest during your confinement.Are u taking full 16 weeks?

jazz, i changed my rug although its still black, the fur is shorter so easier to maintain. I am almost 80% sure to put wallpaper le. But the last time i went to goodrich i got lost inside the tonnes of wallpaper. dun know if they have designer service to help me to choose. I am thinking wall paper at dining and bedroom.

gig,i went for pap smear today and asked my gynae to give me medicine to boost supply. He gave me a prescription for 5days but he is not hopeful. He said if I dun latch, even with pumping,supply will eventually drop.

first birthday for meimei, I really have no idea wat to do..we will not invite relatives this time round cos paisay that we have invited them for #1 and #2 full mth parties, #1 second birthday etc plus my bil's baby full mth party, think they quite sian to attend all these already. Then if I choose places like gymboree, sol playground, bambini, its prob better if there are a lot of kids, so these are out. Then hotel function room will look like my clubhouse function room, so also out. Though I am still toying with the idea of booking Raffles Town CLub. Stressed! Then I also feel like hiring a party planner cos I am too lazy to plan one myself.

Catz, first kid must have a big bash! But its hard to follow up for second one loh.

jelly, what is rueteri?

Garfield, ouch, my heart will be super pained if wallpaper got scratched. initially i thot we will prob move out next yr, but from the look of it, we will definitely be here in the next 2-3yrs, so i want to make the plc nicer which is tough cos with 2 kids its almost impossible to keep the plc neat. I dun know how PVL can do it.Amazing..

smurfy

congrats on the arrival of your little princess!!!

giggler,

i can really emphathis with you..if cherish din sleep well previous nite, the next morning i must pop one chix essence.

smurfy,
CONGRATS! Have a great confinement!
happy.gif

4 pushes and baby out! No epi?

Saph,
Yikes, yes, I'll be next! *terrified*
Don't dare to think of it yet, cos have not decided to go planned C-sect or try VBAC...
Now still busy working out Soph's school so that I don't have to walk her to school cos walking is really tiring at my fattest now.

Catz,
Will the reuteri be refrigerated when it is shipped to SG? Cos I read on the webbie that for freshness, best to be refrigerated?
Soph is taking Kyo now, also good for her pooping... if I need to tompang you to buy from iherb, I let you know, cos nowadays too tired to even surf web and spree anything for myself.

Gig,
Your 3 kids sleeping in the same room as you now?

Catz, PVL,
Did your nosebleeds stop after you give birth? I'm wondering if cf food will be more heaty and cause more nosebleeds, so should I still be stocking up on so much red dates and longans?

huskie,
I've always been prone to nosebleeds, but I haven't had one since Sarah was born. At least, I can't recall the last time I had one recently.
On my wedding day, after the church service, when we were getting ready for group photos, I had a nosebleed! No tissues anywhere on my wedding dress, no handkie either.......

Smurfy, congrats! enjoy your 4 mths of maternity leave :)

Jelly, which project in Marine Parade were you looking at? I wanted to buy One Amber but the price shot up from 850psf to 1000psf within the same month. Then, I went to make offers for 2 houses and also a ground floor unit at Grand Duchess but hor, the sellers asking prices were higher than pre-Lehman collapse and they refused to lower. So, to cut the long stroy short, I bought this unit from sub-sale. This owner has 8 units at Case Merah.

PVL, your parents' live at Tanah Merah area? Do you go over on week days?

cherryale, my place is also always in a mess... thanks to all the toys and books lying everywhere.

Garfield, I do like wall paper... hmmm, let me think about it again ;-)

jazz, do consider it... it really looks nice... haha never regret... mine from goodwich too.

cherry, my house always in the mess too. no matter how we clear, we adults still buy things and the kids always like to empty the boxes to "kill" us.

then this wkend i be celebrating at my home... last nite slept 1 a.m plus just to get prepare cos earlier was outside... really nitemare...

*yawn

Sap, hehe... okok, will wait for the other two pairs to arrive then post out to you.
happy.gif

Gig, i will be gg there first for the first two months. After i settle down and found a place in Xiamen then will bring my gals over. Dunno i can survive that two months without seeing them or not. I was telling my hubby i want to come back every week even though it means that i will have to pay for my own airticket. I can't even tahan not to see them for 2 days, not to say 2 months!

babe, the plant is within 2 hours drive from Xiamen but i will be finding an apartment in Xiamen to stay. Heard from my colleague there will be an express train starts from next year which connect Xiamen to where our plant is, so will be very convenient next time if i need to visit the plant though i can mostly work from home.

Jazzcy! We were eyeing Grand Duchess too!!! Ya... the price is crazy! Which agent u talked to? Ours is Benson. Happened that hubby's boss want to buy a condo in sg so we tag along. But the price keeps gg up & up. Haiz... After GD we did not see anything to our liking at a reasonable price.

jelly,
Thanks again. Aiyo. You'll sure miss your girls and your girls will miss u too. Who is taking care of them when u are away? Is your hubby going to find a new job there?
Previously, I was having the same worries when my hubby could not settle with a good job in Singapore. I have to leave my dream job so that I can be with my daughter and hubby everyday. Hope things will work out for you.

PVL, your parents lived at Peakville area? Went to see 2 houses there, made an offer for one of them but unfortunately could not match seller's expectation.

jelly, yes prices are just shooting up. actually, not all units at GD are nice. some are very close to each other and the road leading there is quite small. i like Seaview but again, prices too high. Oh, I also viewed Makena and Belvedere - don't bother to view them if you haven't done so :)

garfield, i think i need to go US website to buy b'day party stuff. the last time jelly bought for me but this time, pity she is moving to China :-(

Jazzcy/garfield, ask Catz!!!
happy.gif

Jazzcy, ya, we only aimed for the few after consulted our fengshui master. We like GD becos it is of a medium-sized project, the shape of the house more squarish compared to others, do not have big balcony (which we think is a waste of space) and most importantly, close to Tao Nan.
happy.gif
Well, now the property market is so hot so we will stay put first.

hurhur... me doing Gap 30% lah... if my sis needs stuff for my nephew's party then I'll do.. and I'll notify on this thread k? Don't like to open spree threads on forum these days. Prefer to do private sprees. Hehe.

jelly, really cannot imagine how tough the 2 months will be on you
sad.gif

My hubby more or less confirmed 1 year in Timor Leste. Sigh. Everything there is super expensive. Think it's top 8 most expensive places to stay in the entire world! Not sure how often we'll get to see him during that one year but it's going to be tough and lonely
sad.gif
Ahhh, at least it's not Afghanistan.

Congrats Smurfy!!!
kao_cheers.gif

Catz..Wah 1 year..yup at least its not war zone..Can u visit?

Huskie..U got nosebleeds often? I think 1 small flask of red dates-longan tea a day can do right?

During Y's confinement, I was struggling to drink 1 flask..I threw away the balance w/o my MIL's knowledge or made my hubby finish up for me..hehe..Im a plain water person!

jelly,
I also like GD! My friend bought it - I saw the floor plans, they're really quite nice. What I really like is the restored clubhouse
happy.gif

Catz, PVL,
Thanks for the insight on nosebleeds! Think I'll just stock up on the cf foodstuff then.

Catz,
Wow, I cannot imagine being away from hubby for a year!

Charis,
Yep, I got lots of nosebleeds during this pregnancy, that's why I was worried if it'll go away after I give birth. If not, then the confinement food could be too heaty. But looking at what PVL and Catz replied, I think it should be ok to do the usual confinement after giving birth since the nosebleeds should go away.

btw, which gynae are you seeing this time?

huskie, don't forget to get your hubby to collect your stuff before you pop k?

Yah I'm feeling worse and worse about the impending separation... and just found out that he'll be leaving much earlier than expected. 2nd week of Sept, just before my birthday! Meaning he'll also be missing our wedding anniversary, Christmas, the kids' birthdays and Bethany's first day of kindy... not to mention CNY.. aiyah...
sad.gif

Charis, although it's not a warzone, it's still not considered v safe plus you'll be shocked. A lousy 1* or 2* hotel costs like USD150 per night.. and the airfare is USD900 to Dili! SIAO!! Not sure about what the visitation privileges are... hope they pay for us to fly to Darwin lah.. anyway will only know in the next couple of weeks.. aiyah, me very sad
sad.gif

Catz,
Yep yep, I intend to ask him to pick up the stuff by this week - need to ask him tomorrow morning cos he's working late tonight, won't be back till 10+, by which time I am normally asleep. Hee, hope I won't be popping so early... I'm only in my 31st week now!

Would tomorrow or Thursday around 830-845pm at your place be ok with you?

Aiyah, so sad for you leh, that he'll be missing your birthday! Just hope he can get decent Internet connection there and communicate through webcam with you guys in SG!

huskie, aiyoh, 'broadband' connection of 128MBps costs like USD300 per month and that's for 2GB of data.. that's like less than what I surf on my iPhone.. doubtful about being able to do webcam
sad.gif
Tomorrow evening is fine, just SMS me first k? 31 weeks week is home stretch already lah.. hehe.. another month to the waiting game!

Catz..That's true..some unrest here and there time to time..I feel sad for u too..I can't imagine my hubby going away for more than a week..n yours is 1 year..
kao_sad2.gif

Will pray he will be safe..and that you all will cope..keep busy!

Talking abt that..My hb has to go reservist a week before my EDD for 2 whole weeks..and its an important one..with training and exams..and since he is in a "leadership" rank/role, it mayb tough for him to defer.

Huskie..I got 2-3 nosebleeds in the 3rd tri..but it stopped after tat. Guess yours should too.
I'm currently seeing Dr. Fong C.W. at Gleneagles..he was the one I saw after I "dropped" Dr Goh Y.C. at Thomson Plz.

catz, dun be sad la.... hope time flies n he be back soon...

jelly, u another strong woman... cannot imagine 2 mth not seeing my kids!
aiya too late to buy bd things cos her party is this sun liao...

catz,
Hubby leaving next week too for about a year. Gotta tell myself to channel my energy elsewhere. I'll be visiting him whenever i can.

I'll also be starting work in 2 weeks time
sad.gif
dreading it after a 5 months break. But I'm glad Ryan has adjusted well in school. He seem very happy in this kindy.

My dad is also undergoing liver cancer treatment now. Prognosis not too good, prob about 6 months. He's trying out new treatment now but because of the low blood platelets, he has to stop treatment for a week. Hope things get better...

Chocbabe, think you've got more on your plate than me!! Must be tough to juggle your dad's illness
sad.gif
How often will you fly up? I'm really in the dark as to how often we'll be able to see him and for sure I don't dare to bring the kids to Dili. Not to mention airfare to Dili is just ridiculous! Just hope we can work something out for the kids' birthdays

Garfield, I saw some nice party stuff at thus toy store at great world city. It's the toy store on same row as Sasa n one phone shop. Nicer than those concourse shops standards. Try n see?

Charis, he may not be able to defer but they'll definitely let him leave if you're in labour.

catz, i know that shop but like more ex? anyway I got most of the things liao. be reusing some stuff too from jasper bd... haha ... me cheapo mum...

chocbabe, catz, if it is me, it be difficult to cope too at least mentally. hope u cope well

catz, so he goin to middle east?

Ya, all my 3 kids sleeping with us in the same rm. Hehe...

Jelly, you really strong woman leh. I dun think I can bear not seeing my kids for so long.

catz, feel so sad for you that your hb gg to be away for a yr.

cherry, me also headache with bday party location now. Thot of booking chalet but no lobang.

Good morning mummies.

catz,
My hubby was away for almost one year too when I was in Singapore. We try to web cam as often as we can. Not easy but it will be easier if u have family around.

Giggler,
Wow! All sleep together. Will they be waking each other up if baby cry? How do u do the night feeds? Wouldn't u wake the others too? I am still thinking how to arrange when baby comes.

Chocbabe..Sorry to hear abt yr dad..Hopefully things turn around..

Catz..Guess it may not be that safe to bring the kids there too..Really hope that something can work out..he come back once or twice or webcam or at least make calls back often.

Back