(2007/02) February

smurfy,
I wanna put David in the Ergo to bring them go hiking/walking... the kind on the back. Cos Sop still wants to sit in her backpack carrier, and these walks are not so conducive to use stroller, so I thought that may be useful.

Eh, standing on baby cot if legs still wobbly is dangerous... David did that a few times and when he falls, chin hits the railing... must be painful! I think it's just normal that boys are more active compared to girls... girls easier to handle I find. I miss buying clothes for baby girls!

Woah, you pump until PISA can die off... supply so good no woder got so many packs of frozen EBM! Yes, milk powder expensive that's why I also hope to bf David till 20mths.

Re. Maid:
smurfy, my maid is Indo leh. Thought you all along prefer Fili?
She's actually my bro's maid - finished her 2yrs contract and "wants to go Taiwan", but I got my mum to persuade her to help me out for 6 mths, so she was transferred to me after her contract with my bro ended.

She is:
- GREAT with kids... so good that when kids are asleep at night, me and hubby go pak tor and leave her to watch kids. When David wakes up, she will pat him back to sleep. My bro's kid love her so much that he would cry and not let her go when I bring maid over to my mum's. My sis' 4yo son also likes her. Weird... my mum says it's cos she has patience and can play with kids... got "yuan" with kids.
- she can cook pretty well and learns fast too.
- she never talks back to me.
- BUT the only thing abt her is she is pretty greedy leh. She likes to pick on food which I find is quite unhygienic... but sigh, cannot be too picky wih maids, otherwise I'll never be happy.

huskie
so sop using the backpack kinda carrieR? then ergo oso gonna be the same for david right? :p actually i just loaned to a aug 09 mummy coz she needs it for her trip overseas... if she is not getting it after the trip, u wanna? err mine's cranberry.. u interested?

PISA died off cozzzz pumped too much during QY's time lar kekeke.. EQ's time, i work with 2 battery operated and 1 manual. Despite my whining, i myself was surprised that i actually did R.E.A.L.L.Y stop. then i was oredi pumping 3 - 4 times per day.. sufficient for 2-3 feeds but the situation those few days was really unfavorable (managed to pump 2x per day onli)... when i came back from the wake, i was still thinking whether to pump doubly hard or stop totally. i guess i wanna more time for myself and less of QY waiting for me while i pump, so i stopped totally.

yes, all the while favorable with phili.. her english okay? but since u mentioned that she wanna go taiwan.. will she consider another household in singapore, having to go to grandma's place everyday during wkdays?

smurfy, yr boy is really v pro, just like zz classmates. dunno when my boy can do that. for now, he doesn't whine i thankful liao.

but these days he would fight to feed himself n do things himself

pro as in? very fast lar, one or two wks can oredi.

just hope he stop whining soon.. always whine n whine n whine.. and the EQ staring at him, wondering what's the bro doing.. haiz..

I am having some problems with Ashton now. Recently he will wake up around 3am or 5am and want to sleep on my bed with me. He did that again last nite and as both hb and I were so tired, we let him slept on our bed. This morning when I got off the bed, he sprung up immediately and followed me. THis is very unlike him, any advise why is he behaving this way?

smurfy,
Yeah, for the Ergo carrier, I was thinking of using it on carry David backpack style on my back since I don't want to get another backpack carrier... the type with aluminium frames... too bulky.
I don't mind cranberry... you let me know how much when you're selling ok?

As for pumping, really not easy to pump when working. I guess as long as you're happy and baby is fine, I don't see any real difference with bm or fm. My ss is a bit low and D is having a bit of flu thanks to bug brought home by jie jie... he's only 6.8kg at 5.5mths *sigh* All my hopes of having a chubby baby like your QY & EQ are dashed now! :p

Re. maid, what's wrong with your current one?
Mine will be with me till end Jul... that's when the 6mths with me ends. I have asked her abt Taiwan and she just said "maybe". Asked her if she's going home to get married, she said too early. But I def cannot keep her too long cos I don't think my SIL will be too happy. They actually wanted to renew her contract but we all suspect she doesn't wanna work for my SIL anymore... too tiring! :p
So everytime my SIL see me with my maid, and her son running after my maid, she gives a black face ;)
As for English, it's good enough for me. I never speak a word of Bahasa to her, compared to my last one whom I spoke a fair bit.

huskie
k k.. will dropped u an message on the ergocarrier once the aug 09 mummy comes back frm her trip.

just hang on there.. another 0.5mths before solids. and they will slowly reduce their milk intake
happy.gif
... yes.. same.. QY will always come home and spread the viruses to the whole family
sad.gif
.. whole EQ oso sick a few times, all thanks to QY. :\

err my maid is that same one i kept complaining before EQ birth till now leh.. silly n kay kiang.. haiz.. working for me will be tiring as well. to n fro grandma's place.. 2 kids

cherry, i not havin tat prob cos both kids sleep w us noe. so i had another prob. I think I got to retrain both of them to sleep on their own now. maybe he need some security?

smurfy, he v good boy liao. G also looks on whenever zz whine too. she either puzzled face or there a grin. but G also a whiney kid too... n her voice is more high pitch! can't stand it! soemtimes wan to zip her lips up!

garfield,

so glad that zz adapts well. touchwood, i feel that cherish can cope better now as compared to the first time i send her to cc when she was 2 yo. I feel the same for ZZ. Maybe they are now bigger and can understand the concept of schooling better.

smurfy,

regarding whining, cherish also does that. But luckily her sch is just downstairs..that leaves her minimum time to whine before she reach sch.

stella,

this wk is totally diff from last wk! yes I told the teacher act I also have phobia as he was so diff during his 18 mth time. noe i guess our kids r at the age where they understand school better.

ytd he still can wave goodbye n carry his own school bag. n he no longer moody when he comes back. in fact he v happy n seldom throw tantrum. how our kids have grown up!

now I wish G will be that soon... ;p
but i guess maybe she adapt fast as she like to social w kids. not sure w the adults la.

garfield, how long was your Taiwan trip? How many diapers did you bring along? And what kind of food do you feed the children?

actually ashton is now toilet trained and goes without diapers in the day. At night, I am afraid of accidents, so he still wear but hates it. Not sure whether to let him wear pullups when we travel. Sian to bring so many things cos still got to bring milk powder, diapers for meimei etc.

Hi Mummies,

Cheap Huggies for Sale. Drop me a PM if interested,
happy.gif

Huggies ultra - $14.50 per pkt
Huggies pullups - $14.50 per pkt
Huggies comfort (red) - $15 per pkt
Huggies dry (blue) - $15 per pkt

Collection at Punggol/ Toa payoh (fri evenings & sun mornings) / Amk (prearranged) / Pasir Ris ( prearranged) / Science Centre (prearranged)

cherry, i went 10 days. I brought abt 6 diapers per day for mei. all pullups n maybe 1 normal one per day as easier to wear.

for gor gor, I act bought disposable underwear for him! got such things...v cute 1. of cos, i let him try here n see if he wans. BUT over there, he was down w stomach flu n got diarhoea... so we no choice end up buy diaper there.
sad.gif
extra baggage. so end up we didn't clear all the diapers n brought some back.

i dun have prob on feeding cos both simply can't eat! hahahaha cos they were sick n no appetite. so I just gave milk basically n biscuits n bread. for my gal, still got drink soup n rice lo. zz was v pathetic... sick most days la. so absolutely miss HIS MILK so much tat he cry for it... cham. oh they also ate porridge there.

rem to pack lots of biscuits (like gerber stars, yanyan or others),or bread just in case along the way they r hungry.

for milk powder, u can try to get soem samples from clinic. those that use can throw. n prob buy those 900g ones. so at least u finish the tin, can throw. if bring 1 big one, got to wait till finish. for me, it easy cos they drink the same milk.

garfield, thanks. I think the bulky stuff is the diapers. I was thinking of bringing 4 pieces a day..hehe, basically lengthen the time of each diaper. The problem with pullup is that it doesnt contain very well compared to diapers. Must remember to change. Where did you get the disposable underwear for ZZ? I am so tempted to put ashton in diaper so that I dun have to go and find toilets in places that I am not familiar. But he will make a lot of noise if i do that.

I will bring the 400g tin Gain and 400g pediasure for the two kids. Either that, or I go and get the sachets for pediasure and bring along the bottle pediasure that we can throw away after drinking.

Will take your advice and pack bread, biscuits for the kids. They eat a lot of such junks. In fact recently both started to like to eat crispy rice, so wil bring those too.

cherry,

honestly why dun you just go there to buy? it might cost slightly more, but it's really bulky to bring so much diapers.

You going gold coast is it? Aussie diapers are so much nicer... hehe Ryan was in love with the pull-ups with Cars design...

chocbabe, Cars design?? dun let zz see it... haaa

cherry, no pt wearing diaper on zz noe as in even if he wear, he die die also wan to pee in toilet. so dun waste the $ lor. I also bought diapers at Taiwan cos didn't expect him to have diarhoea. act it my hb who insist to pack so many for Gem as she poo quite often.

I bought those disposable underwear at Traveller or planet world (can't rem) at Marina square. it at the second floor opp Times bookshop if i not wrong.

how many days u going? ya my 2 kids love those wang wang biscuits.

Hi ladies..This thread quite quiet..but nice to see some of u here!

Huskie..Didnt know u got a helper now..but is doesnt want to stay on in S'pore?
I spent a day at my gf's place who has a helper..and I feel like getting one, housework and meals all prepared..she has 4 kids..so well she needs one..haha..but for us not now lah..expenses with 2 now..have gone up a bit..
I'm managing quite well with jus a PT helper..I seldom cook though nowadays.

Stella..Long time hav not heard from u..so when u having 2nd one? Hehe!

Charis,

My helper says she wants to go to Taiwan to work that's why not renewing contract with my brother.

How do you settle your meals if you seldom cook?

Hello mummies!

It's been awhile since I last dropped by and say hi! Work has been busy as I have quitted my job and will work till end of May. After that, will temporary help with my boss' newly set up investment company until I deliver my 3rd child. Yes, I am 4.5 months preggie now and expect to deliver in end Aug.

Also looking for a maid as i simply can't cope with 3 kids. Might ask my hubby's younger sis to come over here to help around also with the kids so no need to trouble my aunt and the nanny anymore. Haiz... a lot of things to consider and hubby and I are still finding ways to solve one by one.

Re: nursery. Xi is coping very well in her school and absolutely loves her school, friends, teachers and her uniform! Of cos, things were tougher in the 1st semester as she would cry awhile when we left her class and wanted to be carried by us to her class. But come to 2nd semester, she is adapting much better and everyday looking forward to school, even weekend.

Ru is getting very cranky lately. Even my aunty and uncle who are normally very patient cannot tahan her. Sigh... I think most likely due to teething. And lately when I picked her up late at night, she was tired and that's why very noisy. Hope things will improve after i change job.

jelly,
A BIG congrats to you!
Admire you guy leh - got guts to have 3 kids.
I'll love to have 3 too, but even 2 now is too much for me to handle.

I'm glad Xi likes school. Soph likes school too. During the 1 week holiday, she kept saying she wants to go to school. And on the Monday that school reopened, at 8am, she was already demanding to go to school!
I think the themed parties twice every term helps
happy.gif

When are you going to get maid?

huskie,

Thanks! Hubby always wants 3 kids. Ya, hope able to survive with 3 kids gradually...

U did not enrol Sop for the holiday classes? Xi attended the classes though the teachers are not her class teachers and some of her classmates did not go. Not sure whether they will have holiday classes again this coming May-June holiday.

Re: maid. We are thinking of asking the boss of the indo cleaner who we usually ask to clean our JB house whether she is willing to release the maid to us. The boss is our neighbour and is running maid agency in Msia. Hubby has also browsed through website including SMH to look for any transfer maid. Hopefully we can get a maid by July so that we have time to train her for the routine and get the kids to get used to her.

U also got a maid now? Is she good? Can share how you get her?

jelly,

Soph's teacher recommended the N1s not to go for hol class this March cos they're still new to school, and to see the unfamiliar teachers (they're actually assistant teachers) together with the N2, K1 & k2 kids may be a little too overwhelming. But For June, she will be attending. I think they have hol classes every hol.

Yeah, I got a maid now. She's my bro's ex-maid. Pretty good considering she was working for the first time when she started with my bro 2 yrs ago. She doesn't want to renew contract with my bro after 2 yrs, saying she wanna go Taiwan. No one knows if this is true... maybe she just wants a change of environment. Anyway, I tried my luck and asked her to help me out for 6 mths since her passport will only expire next Jan, and she said ok. So I've got a "short-term" maid now.
She's great with kids, ok with cooking (learns fast) and generally clean. Hee, i say generally cos I can still find little corners that's dusty... when I wipe with my fingers and show her the dust, she will be a bit paiseh.
I know there's no perfect maid out there, so I just close one eye lah... and just constantly remind her lor.
As long as she loves kids and is good with kids (esp babies), I can tolerate other aspects.

If you get maid and does not need your aunt's help, does that mean you will move back to Clementi?
Then Xi's school how? Join Soph at TF branch lah!

huskie,

I thot Sop is at the Halifax branch! Hei, u very smart! Know what i am thinking. Yeah, if my SIL is willing to come over to help me with the kids, most likely i will transfer Xi to the Turf Club branch though I know she will miss her teachers and friends at Mountbatten badly and that it will take some time for her to adjust to new environment. But i guess it is better than the long travelling time ya!

Where are you staying now? BP?

jelly,

Soph was in TC branch all along. Yep, staying at BP now, but may be moving to Clementi soon. Cos MIL no longer wants to help me (at first she says move to BP, no need to get maid then she help me) so might as well move further away from her :p

You don't have to worry that much about teachers at TC branch. They're all very nice and experienced and the grounds are big too.
Halifax - no chance of getting in cos they only have 1 class for our kids' year.

Hi mummies,
Sorry to interupt. I am from June 09 mummies and
I'm planning for my 2nd daughter's 1st birthday. Interested in taking up birthday party packages for party entertainment. Eg. Magician/Ventriloquist/balloon sculpturing. Anyone had engaged anyone with good reviews? Here are some I shortlisted. I've never engaged anyone before. So would like feedback & reviews from mummies who had took them before recently. Feel free to drop me a PM. Thanks in advance.

http://www.creamofmaestro.com/
http://www.partyplanner.sg/birthday_party.php
http://www.kidsparty.com.sg/prices.php
http://www.themagicavenue.com/parties.html

Jelly,
Congrats and really admire you for being able to cope with the kids and working at the same time.

suspected that you were preggie in the blog entry already.... so are u expecting a girl or boy this time?

I'm stressing over Ryan's kindy at the moment cos i'm moving to Bedok in May and his current kindy at Outram will be too far... but quite afew church kindy in that area i called are actually full....

huskie,

U are moving to clementi? which part? u have found a place? happy u are moving to my neighbourhood. hehe...
happy.gif
Mountbatten is quite nice too actually, and only about 10 minutes drive from my office. Very convenient also. This term her closest fren has shifted to EC branch so she quite sad.

chocbabe,

Thanks!!! I dun think i can cope so surrender to the idea of getting a maid. Hehe, did give a little hint in my blog. Even my sisters they only got to know from my blog as i did not tell anyone except my boss cos i want to resign.

Dunno gal or boy yet, probably during next checkup. But hubby and i both suspect will be girl again this time which we are fine abt it.

Ya, outram and bedok are quite a bit of distance. But since u are moving, long term wise better to shift Ryan's kindy closer to home. There are quite a lot of kindy at Siglap area as well. U might want to check around that area.

jelly

congrats to you!! so after ur resignation, u going to be sahm?

charis,

i will try for #2 somewhere near end of this year..now financially v tight.

Huskie..Ic..Yup tough to find a perfect helper..nobody is perfect..one that can manage chores and the kids well, dont give "other" problems and is not psycho..hahaha!!
Meals- Now some days hb buys dinner home, some days I prepare sandwiches or simple 1 dish meal like soup with everything inside or porridge. I stock up on frozen veggies, which can just be microwaved and we have steamed fish at least twice a week.

Jelly..So nice to hear from u!
Congrats on the coming no.3!
Would be nice if its a boy..hehe.
Thinking of being a SAHM after no. 3 arrives?

Chocbabe..When u moving? As Jelly recommended..Mayb u can try centres in Siglap, Kembangan or Tampines even.

Stella..Ic..Jiayou! Hope things will get better for u..prosperity and more blessings..so more kiddos too! Hehe.

oh good news... jelly, long time no hear n feel great tat u moving back here... so we shall see more of u liao. hopefully u get a maid soon ... 3! never easy but congrats anyway!

stella, good luck to u too.

chocbabe, ya better source for his cc noe.

Jasper is coping well in his school now, which comes to my surprise. He only cry first week then following week didn't till now. At first i thot just concidence but noe it seems he is more happier than staying at home lo. I feel relieved. haaa guess our kids are noe quite grown up... the other day my fren still lament she wish her son will stay "small" always... hahaha dun wan him to grow up... hiaz, when they smaller, we wish them faster grow up, then getting more indep, we wish them slow down... hahaha

but for me, I fine w it... act I feel happier if they able to be more indep and sociable. i can have more breathing space...

Jelly congrats! It's nice to have 3 kids. Hb and I also like 3 but dun think we will.

I am also looking for sch for both kids. Hopefully it can be settled soon

Thanks all for your well wishes!

Stella, nope, will still be working after resigning from this job. Dun think able to stay at home and look after the kids 24 hours a day. ;p Good luck to you on trying for #2!

Garfield, good to hear Jasper is settling well in his new kindy! I think at the age of 3, they enjoy more of company of kids of the same age so will adjust to kindy life better.

cherry, wish you best of luck in getting a place for A in the new sch.
happy.gif

jas
Congrats! i was a lil overwhelmed when i read ur posts. hahaha coz i am like so tied up with 2 onli and expenses are oredi so high with 2. but yes, i recall u and ur hb wanna more kids... so both of u must be happy to see the BFP on the test kit? have a safe delivery ahead.

pss. i chickened out.. didn't put QY in full day.. onli half day :p

jelly congrats! wow... 3 kids. i don't mind having 3 but hubby doesn't want. so no choice lah ;-)

just came back from bringing Tim to Universal studios. tirng but he enjoys it quite a lot

nice to see all the 'familiar' faces back here.

jelly, i am so disappointed, was elated when I was told they have space immediately, who knows there is no transport. The lady even said if its tampines, sure no problem, but cannot pick up from my inlaws plc. Sigh.

cherry, so A is still attending school? y change?

oh jazz, nice to see u again . so how US? fun?
i will bring them 1 day but not noe.

jelly, thxs. i guess he love his frens n teachers so now he enjoy goin school n learn new stuff. he also not so shy liao.
happy.gif

smurfy, prob if he settle v well, u shld consider full day. I noe put him almost full day, i.e take him back around 4 plus. after most activites. i let him sleep there too, if not at home he wun wan to sleep if he saw mei mei.

act i think QY can lor... haa u bu she de?

Selling 1 unopen GNC Childlife Essential Fatty Acids Natural Butterscotch flavor.
Expire date: 23 Oct 2010

For infants 6 month old up to 12yrs old kids.

Product detail: http://www.childlife.net/node/53/

Original price: $ 43.50
Selling cheap now: $ 35

Pls PM me if u keen. Collect at my blk (hougang). Thanks!

jelly, the school is helping me to call another transport company as they have kids from my mil's area also looking for bus service. So, I still have a chance!

garfield, I find that A is still shy after being in cc for so long. So I am hoping that a change in environment will be good for him. At least I need the teacher to encourage him to be more vocal in school.

jazzcy, I am considering 3 schools currently. He is on waitlist for two of them for 2011 and one of them he has a confirmed place for this year but pending school bus arrangement.

Congrats jelly! Hypnobirthing, hypnobirthing! Do check it out
happy.gif
Thanks to hypnobirthing my baby is so easy to take care, very contented
happy.gif

Hypnobirhting Practitioner Directory
Singapore -http://www.hypnobirthing.com/singapore.htm

Some Testimonials- http://hypnobirthing.com.my/testimonies

One of the important thing I've learnt- delay cord clamping:
http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/restricted-umbilical-cord-problems.html

A very good link about why choose natural birth:
http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/natural-childbirth.html

cherry, i c. ya if not much progress, maybe a new change of environment helps. I thankful tat zz find the place. did u ask or tok to the teacher?

recently he brought back his art and other works back during wkends n i can see what he learnt in school.

cherryale

i also find that cherish is still shy with adults after attending cc.. but now at least she can play better with kids. i shall give her more time.

garfield,

yah cherish also bring back art work from sch, but sometimes i wonder whether it is more of teachers work or hers, cos it looks too neat..

tomorrow she will start her music enrichment in sch..i hope she like it.

mummies,

i have a concern with cherish behaviour..after she attended cc, i notice she tend to "swallow" her tears.

eg: even when she is sad or injure herself, she will tell me its ok, no crying and hold back her tears then sometimes give me a very fake smile and go on.

dunno whether is she bottling up her feelings? cos i noe her sch teachers are quite strict and tend to tell him dun cry.You noe, sch with typical asian teachings

haiz, happy that she no longer cry baby but scared she bottle up her feelings.

after she attended cc,i am happy that she becomes more independent. just now, she wanted to pack her own sch bag and still fold her clothes neatly into it. But at times, i am unsure whether she truly enjoy sch , or just go for the sake of going???

stella,

zz still abit shy but def not as shy as b4. he warms up faster too. he dun shy away from other kids too which he use to do it lor. like suspicious of ple. so worried he is autistic but luckily noe he seem normal.

ytd nite, he told me wat happen in school n the way he describe is quite hilarious n interesting. he also say teacher help him tear the paper for his artwork then he paste on the basket. then he also acted what teacher say to him whenever he needs to go home n laugh himself.

hmm cherish hold back her tears? i not too sure but long term def no good lor. Ya certain thing can be brave n dun cry. like just a normal trip or wat. she started in Feb rgt? is her teachers strict w her from the start?

cos during the first 2 wks, zz teacher told me she got to be more gentle n "give in" to zz first cos her main priority is to understand him. To find out what are his habits n character. once more or less know, then tackle him. I see they are more stricter w those bigger kids and those who stay there for a time liao. She also mention she also need zz to get comfy w them too.

tat y i think zz adapt faster maybe becos of this.

stella,

prob u can tell cherish for instance if she feel sad or did something wrong, can cry n u wun blame her cos everyone need to vent out their feelings. tell her it not her fault n explain feelings and emotions. maybe from there u can even check w her y she control her tears, is it teacher told her to?

just monitor la, in any case, she alot braver noe n prob u not used to it ;p

stella
that could be a stage of growing up.. where they learn to control their feelings..
happy.gif

QY more outspoken suddenly.... rattling non-stop at home.. not that shy with lil friends oso...

last nite he surprised me.. was reading a book with him.... then he saw a pic of a man with strange expression... he asked me why he is like that.. before i answer him.. he said "frowning".. this is sooooooo unexpected frm him.. considering all the way he's a cheena boy with limited vocab in spoken english..
happy.gif

Back