(2007/01) Jan

char, fae, lawpei - no prob! Pls share ur play ideas too! Cos I oso need to keep my busy one occupied. I got more.. will share another time..now in hurry to make some payments else hit that 12mn then down again.. irritating leh.. Hope your little ones will enjoy the playtime as much as Kimi!
happy.gif

lawpei - we sahms really need these right? else so tiring man! I usually rotate the games so Kimi wont get bored. Now I am like garang guni.. keep alot of kitchen rolls, toilet rolls and wat have u so can recycle them lor. U too can start! keke!
happy.gif

Fae- today i saw kiddy palace oso got the mickey mouse cash register but din ck the price leh..

Sugarbean, ya, as SAHM, definitely need these tools...hahha...

about helping to do chores...I'm training Trisha to help me on the laundry...she can't fold but she can help transport the clothes from dryer to bedroom and she loves it! Funny, the things they love to do. =)

haha sherl me too i will order fm nepia with free delivery anyway just $0.50 more per pkt n i dun hv to go all the way just to purchase morever we walk back more shiong

sugar,
kiddy palace has the cash register as well? too bad my membership has expired :S

zhu zhu, sherl,
nepia's sticky tabs r plastic or paper cloth type? also, any idea abt sealer?

fae,

Nepia's sticky tabs are the paper cloth type, I think. They are the type that dun feel sticky, they only stick to the diaper, you know what I mean?

Dear Mummies

Wow.... today seems quiet..
happy.gif

Icy,
Your 2nd princess looks lovely esp with her smile ;) Hope you've been able to rest well too!

Alethea,
Congrats! Rest well too n enjoy your 3 little ones while on ML ;)

Fae,
I've been recently doing some childcare hunting around my area at Queenstown.... I agree the search is not easy and it's pretty intensive and exhaustive! I think ultimately before deciding on a childcare centre chosen, need to visit the centre few times to look at the centre environment, teachers, principal and lastly the curriculum. I personally think that for this age, the caring and nurturing aspects from the teachers are more impt, compared to the curriculum, when choosing a CCC. After doing an extensive search, I have come to realise that all CCCs have their weaknesses, and ultimately my deciding factor is the comfort level from my gal about the centre, and the teacher in charge of her class
happy.gif

Learning Vision and MMI (Montessori) is two of those I have visited so far.. They have island-wide centres so I don't think my views about the two centres would be something applicable to you.... I had a clear gut feel that LV and MMI is not a place where I want to bring my gal to. Reason being : LV - My gal doesn't have the chemistry with the teacher in charge and principal.
MMI - Experience is quite bad. The centre is a franchise of MMI, and the principal does not even bother to talk to me and my gal at all throughout the visit. She does not look friendly, and the only contact is when we depart from the centre, she said goodbye to my gal! How will I be able to put my heart to ease in a centre where the principal does not even take the effort to bond with the children??
Throughout the visit, the administrator has been the one talking to me and her explanation about difference between montessori and non-montessori is inaccurate, and she just give me the feeling that she is "entertaining" me for the sake of working lo... Doesn't look happy at all.

Also thought that the non-tangible aspects in a centre is impt eg. whether the teachers and children are happy in the centre or not. You'll be surprised that it is quite easy to detect amongst the different centres you visit
happy.gif

I have chosen a childcare centre for Karis finally, after 2 mths of intensive search!
happy.gif
Not an ideal place, but again, I think all childcare centres have their weaknesses.

All the best in your CC search!

Alethea,

wow, Looks like Jonaven has big eyes?
happy.gif
He looks so much like you in this pic! So cute!!! Congrats again...
happy.gif

sugarbean,
Thanks for posting the great play ideas! Will want to try the rubber-band and toilet roll play activity since lawpei you've managed to keep trisha entertained with that for half an hour? hehe.. Quite an effective game to let us rest a while!

sherl,
thx for the description
happy.gif
i'm trying out fitti for the small one rite now, n they oso have the nepia type tape. now juz gotta compare prices cos if nepia is cheaper, will get nepia oso. i tink my bad buy was EQ, cos no doubt cheap, the tape was those plastic ones. made me regret buying. but i do recall using the sealer diaper samples n was quite pleased wif it. juz tat it's not ez to find n i oso can't recall the tape type! haha... siong for diapers now tat i've got 2 kids to buy for.

janmum,
thx for ur advice! u know, the principal at LV was the one who brought me ard, n when she followed up wif me on the phone, she told me her view on wat to look out for at CCC: program, teacher, principal. but i tink u r rite, at tis age, the teacher who is lookin after the kid is most impt cos thee kids most prob wun be taking in too much fm the prog. er, the teacher at LV for tots class din seem to happy, so i guess, tat shld be out for me? ;)
i'm looking fwd to visiting the centre, coincidentally MMI (nearest to my granny's place) n hope to find something tat really fits the bill. i guess going down a few times is going to be quite diff cos i have to make appt! n saturdays oni ah.

Fae,

Am happy to share my experience after such an extensive search
happy.gif
I think ultimately depend on your gut feel and your preferences, just that ultimately need to observe how comfortable your child is in the envt and the teacher. However, I would suggest that you should visit the shortlisted centre(s) after you visit them on a saturday, on a weekday. CCCs usually do not have any children on a saturday so you can't see how the teachers manage the children on normal operational hours. It'll be great if you could visit the centre during their lunch hours too if the centre allows.

Yay! tmr going to Macau for our family hols! wah... I really lug soooo many things! two big luggages for just 3 of us!

Hi
I'm new to the tread. interesting. ..
Anyone knows of good education centers for 9mths and 3 years old? Best would be that the education centers are located in same building / nearby so I can send the kids to same place. convenient...

tks tks!

hey,

alethea,
jonaven looks handsome with big eyes... would love to see more of him in the future! tks for sharing..

next we would expect few mummies to pop soon...

1.karen- anytime?
2.mildy, firstbaby-nov/dec?
3.kc-jan?
4. bluegrapes-mar?
5. jen-may?

hi,

sorry to disturb,i am looking for the 6 panel Haenim Play yard please PM me your price, condition and age of the play yard and collection place.

Show sounds interesting!
happy.gif
But I already bringing Claire for 2 simpler shows this year-end, if not will consider.
happy.gif

good morning!

AMM, aiya we are going for sat evening show. if not will get to see u guys!

mild, haha i guess so. if not i m sure u will birng charlene to watch kekekekek

sherl, ntuc increased price for nepia promo hor. now not as attractive liao
sad.gif

just upload the photos and here are some of recent photos taken. any other mummies to share ur darling recent photos :p

1762025.jpg

1762026.jpg

1762027.jpg

1762028.jpg

hi charmaine!!! u r early too kekeke wanted to update the blog but duno y keep giving me error
sad.gif

quick quick upload kienan photos!

good morning!!

thanks bbmilk, alethea & 1st bb!

charm, quick upload the pix!

bbmilk, cool! let's see if we get to meet that day
happy.gif

Thanks to all for the well-wishes re. BB Jonaven
happy.gif
My greatest challenge now is to increase my milk supply to keep pace with his demands. Was latching him for the 1st week, but it proved to be too time-consuming (he needs to be fed nearly every hour). Thus, I didn't have time to sleep or time for the twins. Now, I'm just diligently expressing BM every 3 hours (100ml only), but still can't keep up with him (he needs to be fed every 2-2.5 hours). Help!

Hi Gals,

Anyone know wat vanilla pod is and where i can get it from and the pricing? Trying to make some puree for my daughter but very sotong...Thanks alot in advance

Elyn - Vanilla pod is pure vanilla. It has a more robust smell and taste than vanilla essence. You can get such pods at Sun Lik. I normally get mine from tis baking supplies shop. Its those shophouses behind Raffles Hotel.
Add : 33 Seah Street.
Tel : 6338 0980

To use, slice open lenthways and scrape the 'filling' out. For bb food, really.. u only need a teeny bit cos not sure if ur bb is used to such taste? If you really cant find, substitute with vanilla essence or even dried cinnamon (powdered form). These 2 quite exchangeable to a certain extent.

HI mommies,
Just want to ask if any mommies is using Pampers Active Baby(purple colour packaging) L(38pcs) n XL(34pcs)? Cos I have a few Ls and XLs to let go at :
L(38pcs)-$20/-
XL(34pcs)-$18/-
Int, pls sms or call me at 91451454

hi mummies,

Hearty congrats to mummies who have given birth or expecting after their Jan07 babies!

Quite envious, I must say. With hubby's long working hours, I'm delaying plans to try for a 2nd one cos I'm not sure if I can take care of 2 little ones and working fulltime.

zenn: Estelle really knows how to pose for the cam. She's blossoming!

yo yo!

must say the thread went back to its quiet mode after icy gave birth....

what happen?

had a small meetup at my house with liyen+ryan and snow+k+bianca. it's nice to see the kids play together.... but too bad jk dun seem to mix with the 2 alot....would love to have these type of gatherings next time.

liyen,
i did not take any photos. can email me your pix that u took? thanks.

snow,
both liyen n me find k's good. u know what we meant?
lol.gif

cheers.

hui, haha! gotta say they're all very cute together, I didn't take any pics either, think LY posted some on her blog.

I think there's something wrong with the pizza or pepsi or it's just me! Got like huge tummyache after I went home lols

snow,
haha. think i ate the most pizza... i din get any tummyache, hopefully not. i'll go see liyen's blog now. u take care.

Hi mummies,

Long time no posting here..

Congrats to those who have pops & those expecting..

Alethea, hang in there, ur milk supply will increase with diligently pumping every 3 hrs. Or you can also increase ur pumping time, eg, if you are pumping 15min everytime, u can try to pump for 20min everytime, i have used this method b4 n it does really increase my supply, i will usually get 2nd let down during each pump.

Hmmm...I think I know who K is to Snow :p Hope K makes a good ....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Cashew, I'm now pumping around 20-30 mins each time, about 3 times a day, yielding from 90-140ml. These are for Jonaven's night feeds. In the day, I latch him on for about 4-5 times. Hope to sustain SS for at least 5 months.

Back