(2007/01) Jan

Have anyone of you thought of wearing nursing top instead of night gown? Was advised to wear this if I'm going to bf bb, so can bf in discreet. And to button & unbutton night gown, I found it quite troublesome, especially when with the drip needle still on the hand, & carrying bb using the other hand.

Aquarius/Zenn - Thank you very much!!!
happy.gif
Drapolene!!! That's the one. It's driving me crazy coz I'm trying to recall what's the name
happy.gif

Diaper cream:
I am using Desitin Original for my gal.. It's very effective. U gals can join the Drugstore Spree if u wanna buy.. So much cheaper than buying from the pharmacies here.

Mommies - if you wanna get Mammy Poko diapers, get from Sheng Siong. They sell at $15+ (less than $16) which is cheaper than what is sold at NTUC during offer time (usually $16+)

Icylemon - Yeah, but not sure about new borned... The rest of the sizes all selling at $15+. Just bought 2 weekends ago and apparently, that is the normal price not sale price.

serrich, Desitin Original is stronger dan Drapolene rite? use only when got rashes? correct me when wrong...

LY,
Here's the list of Pigeon pdts I have used for my first gal:
Baby Powder - Non-medicated type
Baby Powder - Compact Range
Laundry Detergent
Disposable breastpads (for breastfeeding moms)
Comb & Brush set
Cotton swabs
Feeding Dish
Disposable Diaper Liners (can use with cloth diapers)

Mommies - I have calculated from the updated list and the total amount is $676.50. I'm asking the supplier to give 20% if we can exceed $700. She hasn't gotten back to me. Anyone wanna top up the order to hit $700 if she can really give us 20% discount instead of 15% (for $500-700)?

ashely mom i intend to get nepia one leh.. for new born, 70 pieces $14.70.

serrich izzit a must to get breast pads??

Icylemon - Is Nepia good? Now I use Mamy Poko for night coz my gal is toilet trained already. When she was borned, I use Pampers Premium for the 1st month, super duper siong coz very ex. After the 1st month, my sis-in-law taught me to save some $$. She says use the Pampers Premium for night since it is more absorbant but for day, can use the cheaper Pampers (no need the Premium type).

Icy, where to get Nepia at $14.70 for 70 pcs? Considered good buy?

Serrich, the breastpads are for leaky boobs, is it?

Icylemon - It is pretty useful to have some breastpad to standby. Not so much when you are at home coz if leak, just either express or quickly feed the baby. But more for when you go out. Somethings the breasts too full, they will leak so if no breastpad, then may stain the clothes. Quite embarrassing
happy.gif
But I'd say just get 1 box first. if you find it useful, you can always buy after your 1st month confinement. I never even use up 1 box and if you see on the forum, there are always mommies trying to get rid of extra breastpads.

<font color="ff6000">icy</font>, nepia seems much cheaper dan pamper premium cos latter cost $23.90 and i think its less than 70pcs. btw, where can i find nepia cos i dun see it at ntuc...

<font color="119911">ashley</font>, ya my sis also mentioned no need to get pamper premium so x esp bb urine n shit alot but worried is bb sensitive to cheaper brands.

mummies, we just need to get 1 packet of diaper for 1st mth?

Hi <font color="ff0000">mummies</font>, how is everyone?
happy.gif
I super busy with work these few days. No time to login!!

<font color="0000ff">AletheaT</font>, my appointment is on coming monday.
happy.gif
Will let u know about the 3D machine. Thanks for the bb checklist.

<font color="aa00aa">Milderina</font> do take care
sad.gif
Sound so painful *pat pat*

<font color="119911">icylemon</font>, u r amazing. Still keep your baby pillow..hahaha...what condition is it in now? *grin*

<font color="0077aa">serrich</font>, kodomo wipes also non-alcohol?

Zenn - I also didn't know all these and was planning to use Pamper Premium all the way till my sis-in-law suggested that after 1st month, can try other brands or lower grade of Pampers. I think you need more than 1 pack for 1st month coz new borned really can poo a lot.

Aquarius - Maybe after I confirm that the supplier will give us 20% discount for above $700, you can update the list. I will probably update you gals on Mon coz I won't have the time to access email over weekends.

Zenn / Icy,
Desitin Original is recommend if ur baby has diaper rashes.. For normal daily usage, majority are using Desitin Creamy. Both can be purchased from Drugstore.com

Alethea / Icy,
Yah the breastpads are for leaky boobs.. Can get a box to try out first..

Zenn,
U can call Nepia ofc at 62262650 to check out their prices.. They offer free delivery for min order of 4 packs. Maybe can get someone to share wf u?!

<font color="ff6000">ashley</font>, oh so we need how many packets?

<font color="119911">serrich</font>, ok thanks!

Zenn - can't really remember also. I know there will be some left overs from hospital stay. Assuming babies use 5-6 pieces a day (including poopoo times, night-time which sometimes also gotta get up to change), 1 month will require about 150-180 pieces. Can't remember how many pieces in a pack...

<font color="aa00aa">Bluegraps</font>, I just begged my hubby to let me bring forward the scan to Tues (originally Thurs) and he finally relented even tho' he said he didn't understand why I so super kan chiong! Yeah! Just made the appt at the clinic for Tues afternoon.
happy.gif

Leaving early today... bringing my gal for Lantern Fest celebration organised by my condo mgt.

Have a great Lantern Festival, everyone !!!
happy.gif
(but watch your intake of mooncakes )

sorry mummies for the late replies. juz came back from my ofc lobby. today my coy celebrating mid autumn festival. i ate 4 chicken wings, 2 fishballs, 1 chocolare eclair. kekeke... hungry leh.

ok this is the website u can order nepia diapers. they got new born de. ntuc dun have new born de.

http://dignus.sg

Icy, yah lor, detailed scan also never shed tears of elation, one *tsk tsk* But I'm sure our Iceblue didi did *haha*

Mummies, ask u all hor, in our state, could we go for karaoke? It's lunchtime karaoke and it's smoke-free, but m concerned about the sound level. Is it discouraged?

aleteha ya lor. i cried when i did my detailed scan coz happy mah.. everything goes fine. my hubby like blur blur, smiled only.

alethea hahaha... i oso wanted to ask this question too. hahaha.. u oso K song queen ah.. me too. next time can jio u.

Hahaha! I'm a BIG karaoke queen! Maybe we should organise an outing for the songbirds amongst us. K-box or Partworld both are fine with me cos' got d/c cards for both.
happy.gif

But, advice from any mummies re. karaoke? Is it discouraged?

Ashley_mom,

Pls add my order for Little Dreamers:
1) Healing Bottom Spray, $15.50
2) Postpartum Healing Salve, $11
3) Intense Repair Cream, $17
4) Warming Body Wash for confinement, $18.90
5) Warming Shampoo for confinement, $19.90

Thank you!

hey all, for those who will employ a maid to help tend the baby, did u choose indonesian or filipino? also, age wise and work experiences? restrictions etc?

icy, cos the baby isn't in men's tummy, they can't really feel it. but iceblue is one exception! keke

hi gals, the air is soooo bad...
kao_dizzy.gif
it's now that I wish that I had an air purifier...

talking about maids, most of you ladies SAHM? Or r u leaving the maids at your parents/PILs?

I just spoke to Khatijah today and have booked her from next Sunday onwards for pre-natal massage. (I know that I said I will be calling Susi, but I changed my mind. Hee!) And after that session will confirm for post-natal if she is good. But from the way that she speak, it seems communication will be just fine and her service-oriented spirit is really something commendable. Have yet to see. Anyone had 'experienced' her already?

Me not karaoke person.. oops...
kao_biggrin.gif

last but not least, all the hoo-ha about the antenatal class, me going for the MAH one this Nov. Yay! Managed to register a spot. Phew!

<font color="ff6000">bbmilk</font>, i know this is very last minute. But if you can accept my orders for the BP
embarrassed.gif
, can you add these items:

item 1: Soothing Nipple Oil ($11 x 1 = $11)
item 2: Warming Body Wash for Confinement ($18.90 x 1 = $18.90)
item 3: Warming Shampoo for Confinement($19.90 x 1 = $19.90)
Total: $49.80
Pickup location: Town

Or, just let me know and I will add it to the list myself. If BP already closed, then never mind. Thanks!

mummies the air seems getting worst. i can smell something burning... yucks..

better stay indoor.

the air is not good for our babies.

Hi AletheaT,
tomoro will be my 4th lesson at kkh only. mine is almost in the early morn on sats.
my last session will end on 2nd dec. tik urs is the earlier batch.

wld u happened to be going down to kkh for lessons tomoro? if i dun rem wrongly, urs is on sat afternoon rite?

Ear Thermometer
I areadi bgt the pigeon brand for bb after evaluating a few other brands.

heard braun not v accurate, can give diff temp...

Hi ladies,
i jus came back fm watching the jacky chan movie, rob b hood. its v nice! shld consider watching. the bb starring in tat movie is so cute!!

morning <font color="aa00aa">mummies</font>, how was your lantern festival?

The air quality outside is terrible
sad.gif
Am staying inside an aircon room and dare not go out. Experts from Ministry of Environment say that there should be no danger but I feel the haze causing lots of discomfort.
sad.gif

Me going for antenatal class lesson 1 at TMC. Hope its fun
happy.gif

Good morning!

Haiz today is still so hazy...

Mummies, can I check if we intend to use napkins for first mth, do we still need to get diapers? For Nepia new born is up to 5kgs, meaning can use till bb how many mths?

Also how many nappys should we standby?

Back